Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I don't have anything to say. Just bumping because it's depressing the GOG thread is getting more action than this one.
That sale, to me, is pure torture. In theory, I get the appeal of rapidly expiring deals, but in execution it's just frustrating.

I don't have time to sit and stare at a counter, in hopes that the next one popping up will be something I want. And if I do happen to want it, I must be quick/lucky enough to buy it before it sells out.

It's easy for me to ignore the thread because I'm only interested in buying a few very specific games from GOG. Should Steam ever do such a sale -- and have meaningful discounts -- I think I would spontaneously combust.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sale, to me, is pure torture. In theory, I get the appeal of rapidly expiring deals, but in execution it's just frustrating.

I don't have time to sit and stare at a counter, in hopes that I the next one popping up will be something I want. And if I do happen to want it, I must be quick/lucky enough to buy it before it sells out.

It's easy for me to ignore the thread because I'm only interested in buying a few very specific games from GOG. Should Steam ever do such a sale -- and have meaningful discounts -- I think I would spontaneously combust.
It's just the Woot-Off principle at work. They do it so people buy crap they don't want or wouldn't otherwise sell. People buy that crap because they want to see the next deal or hope for a bag of crap (in this case a free game) so they impulse buy stuff. It takes a dedicated fan base (fan boys) who do it more for participating in the event than actually needing anything being sold.

It's just the Woot-Off principle at work. They do it so people buy crap they don't want or wouldn't otherwise sell. People buy that crap because they want to see the next deal or hope for a bag of crap (in this case a free game) so they impulse buy stuff. It takes a dedicated fan base (fan boys) who do it more for participating in the event than actually needing anything being sold.
There's actually a few decent deals though. Halfway looks pretty good and it's easily at its historical low. Same thing with Broken Age.

Man, Doujin 2 is the bundle that keeps giving. My one regret is not ponying up for PigeonSim at the time because it was "too weird for me." Anyway, this one looks like another great shmup.
They didn't give Steam keys anyway since Steam is the deluxe/remake/repixel whatever version.

Pizza chains are not pizza, just melted grease on stale cardboard. Arguing about which one is better is like drinking pee and then talking about its bouquet like it's wine.

Pizza chains are not pizza, just melted grease on stale cardboard. Arguing about which one is better is like drinking pee and then talking about its bouquet like it's wine.
Coincidentally, the oenophiles (wine lovers) often use the term "Cat's Pee" to describe wines in the tasting notes (mostly Sauvignon Blanc). So urine and wine aren't as unrelated as you might think.

I only eat artisanal, gluten-free, organicanal pizza made with fresh, farm to table ingredients.  Assembled by a 30 something hipster and cooked by a white guy who went to Italy to study and perfect the neopolitan pizza style after giving up his six figure consultant position to live his dream of living off of his trust fund.  #realpizzaonly 

Coincidentally, the oenophiles (wine lovers) often use the term "Cat's Pee" to describe wines in the tasting notes (mostly Sauvignon Blanc). So urine and wine aren't as unrelated as you might think.
That's weird. I use the term "Cat's Pee" to denote the stuff that makes the crystals stick to the bottom of my litterboxes. I never thought to bottle it and sell it.

That's weird. I use the term "Cat's Pee" to denote the stuff that makes the crystals stick to the bottom of my litterboxes. I never thought to bottle it and sell it.
That's the cat's pee-jamas!

Incorrect. Dominos > Pizza hut. If you are going to fix something, please get it right.
Agree, but. . . have you ever looked at the bottom of a Pizza Hut box after the pizza is gone and compared it to any other chain? You would need to drain the equivalent of 10,000 teenagers' faces to obtain an amount of grease comparable to what has soaked into that box.

Are you talking about the GOG sale or the Gem Auction?

*eyes Fabula Mortis nervously in his backlog*

:whistle2:k

I only eat artisanal, gluten-free, organicanal pizza made with fresh, farm to table ingredients. Assembled by a 30 something hipster and cooked by a white guy who went to Italy to study and perfect the neopolitan pizza style after giving up his six figure consultant position to live his dream of living off of his trust fund. #realpizzaonly
R6KVXT8.jpg

But to keep things on topic:

ES0BRJB.jpg

I only eat artisanal, gluten-free, organicanal pizza made with fresh, farm to table ingredients. Assembled by a 30 something hipster and cooked by a white guy who went to Italy to study and perfect the neopolitan pizza style after giving up his six figure consultant position to live his dream of living off of his trust fund. #realpizzaonly
Have you been to Italy? I'd hate to shatter your illusion.

I've had better pizza in Croydon.

FREE

Syndicate (1993)

from Origin's On The House

I loved this game back in the day.
Is your cat as smug and punch inducing as you are?

photo-thumb-259084.jpg

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Agree, but. . . have you ever looked at the bottom of a Pizza Hut box after the pizza is gone and compared it to any other chain? You would need to drain the equivalent of 10,000 teenagers' faces to obtain an amount of grease comparable to what has soaked into that box.
That's only the pan pizza. I hate their pan pizza but will still eat it as long as a hipster serves it to me.

Man, Doujin 2 is the bundle that keeps giving. My one regret is not ponying up for PigeonSim at the time because it was "too weird for me." Anyway, this one looks like another great shmup.
Thanks for reminding me about the bundle. I forgot I even bought that. I then realized I had Hatoful Boyfriend in the bundle... and that I also bought it on sale on Steam not long ago @_@; But yeah, one of the best Groupees bundles ever.

The downside is occasional white guy dreadlock in the sauce. Small price to pay for pizza heaven.

That's only the pan pizza. I hate their pan pizza but will still eat it as long as a hipster serves it to me.
Don't be silly. Hipsters are too hip to work at Pizza Hut. Are you bringing your Pan Pizza to the Apple store and asking the Geniuses to plate it up for you?

Pizza debates aside, if you're going to spend 100+ hours eating a pizza and you have three to choose from, you're not going to say that the worst one is "still pretty good".  No one is going to play Civ 3 from that bundle because Civ 3 is inferior to any other Civ option.

Dunno if anyone else has this issue right now.

Every single game forum I view (client or on the web) the text is not there lol

EDIT: Its back now, for a few minutes all text from forums was gone lol

Pizza hut is clearly the worst while Papa Johns is clearly the best of the three major chains.

That being said I'm a disgusting human being and would happily eat nothing but pizza chain pizza and taco bell until i died, which would probably only take a few years so I wouldn't have time to get sick of it anyways.

If you dont have to eat it with a knife and fork its not pizza, its just a snack

This is pizza

category_1_4967.jpg
Not falling for your shenanigans again, Ackbar. Those are clearly pepperoni pies. The pie pan is a dead giveaway.

If you can't fold it, it's not pizza. See the below image for instructional purposes:

20100714-foldhold-full-lede.jpg

Flow beat me to it.

FREE

Syndicate (1993)

from Origin's On The House

I loved this game back in the day.
F yeah. Persuadatron clown car of death ftfw!

I've had better pizza in Croydon.
I only know of this fabled land through Killing Floor. I hope one day to behold it with my own two eyes, preferably on a Friday night.

Pizza hut is clearly the worst while Papa Johns is clearly the best of the three major chains.

That being said I'm a disgusting human being and would happily eat nothing but pizza chain pizza and taco bell until i died, which would probably only take a few years so I wouldn't have time to get sick of it anyways.
Papa John's would be the best if they stopped adding so much sugar to their dough and sauce. Same reason I can't get the Pizza Hut garlic butter.

Pizza debates aside, if you're going to spend 100+ hours eating a pizza and you have three to choose from, you're not going to say that the worst one is "still pretty good". No one is going to play Civ 3 from that bundle because Civ 3 is inferior to any other Civ option.
Sometimes I crave totinos pizza.

yeah papa johns is pretty gross..its like candied pizza with all that sugar
Something tells me some of those yahoos on the AWD thread love that candied pizza. Twix were all a rage for about 2 weeks straight. Since Steam seems to have a bunch of RL sims/games, can somebody get on making a Diabeetus game please?

Ledo-Pizza-with-Pepperoni.jpg

This is the pizza most asked for in my house these days.  Civilization Revolution is also my favorite Civ game. Coincidence?

Looks like the Resident Evil 5 Steamworks switch is happening today.

Unfortunately, it looks like Capcom is going to charge old owners for the Gold Edition content. This isn't verified yet, but they don't mention a discount for old owners or us getting it for free...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/21690/

https://www.facebook.com/Steam/posts/10152763682162339

This game is a port of the Games for Windows - Live version that was released in 2009. If you buy the Untold Stories Bundle here on Steam, it will be the same as upgrading to Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition.

Capcom gonna Capcom.

bread's done
Back