Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyways, hope this means future wrestling sims will get released on steam, at heavily discounted prices.
I'll be so happy the day text sims (not just wrestling) are heavily discounted. Too many of them are $35-40 til 2-3 new versions of the series comes out =/.

Also, they need to get WMMA on Steam now.

EDIT: Nevermind, along with TEW 2010, they put up WMMA 3!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/344800/

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I thought that got blocked and there was a new super secret trick.

Well if Hola's all I need, I guess I can figure it out from there.

EDIT: Thanks to Malkan.
I was having trouble with the Brazil networks when I tried to login before purchasing, but I switched to Colombia and it works fine. Purchasing region-lock only affects the Rockstar titles in the sale, anyway. You can buy Saw, Slient Hill, and the others without using Hola.

Is it safe using Hola to buy stuff though? There's no chance of having your payment info stolen is there?

Edit: Just saw your comment Blade about not needing Hola for SAW and Silent Hill *removes tin foil hat*

So uh, are the Castlevania games any good? They have good reviews on steam but I haven't played a Castlevania game since the gameboy days. Are they still sidescrollers? The screenshots and trailers make it look 3D instead of 2.5D

So uh, are the Castlevania games any good? They have good reviews on steam but I haven't played a Castlevania game since the gameboy days. Are they still sidescrollers? The screenshots and trailers make it look 3D instead of 2.5D
They're more GoW than SOTN now.

Oh, I thought that got blocked and there was a new super secret trick.

Well if Hola's all I need, I guess I can figure it out from there.

EDIT: Thanks to Malkan.
It was blocked. Don't know if they have a new unblacklisted IP available.

Is it safe using Hola to buy stuff though? There's no chance of having your payment info stolen is there?

Edit: Just saw your comment Blade about not needing Hola for SAW and Silent Hill *removes tin foil hat*
This is why I feel safer using PayPal to do it.

The 2.5D one is Mirror of Fate HD if memory serves.

Double post, but in this case I think it's justified.

So this happened today..

9VvYB9m.png

And so to honour the occasion, I'm hosting an extra special contest (may have been a little premature with it a week or so ago, but now's finally the time!).

This one should go a little more smoother than my planned giveaways last year when I hit 1K, but unfortunately the prizes will not be cash like last year either, sorry. :whistle2:(

Here's the deets:

1) The maximum number of people who can enter the contest is 48 (including myself, if I somehow win, all prizes will be given to the subsequent places below me).

2) The contest/event itself will take place sometime Friday night. I will post the exact time in-thread when I have all 48 participants and we're ready to go. It is not MANDATORY that you be around on the forum when the contest starts but is highly encouraged. There will also be a live Steam group chat that you can participate in, this is also encouraged. If you would like to be in the group chat during the event, feel free to add me on Steam so I can invite you when ready.

3) All you need to do to enter is post here saying you'd like to enter. Optionally, you can state your preferred nickname and post an image link of your avatar (Imgur or anything will do). Of those two, the image one is more important and will make things more fun.

4) The only requirement for entering is that you have at least 400+ posts. If for some reason you don't, but feel that you are considered a regular, PM me.

5) There will be four prizes. One grand prize for the winner, one for second place, one for third place and one Booby prize for last place. If anyone would like to donate more prizes, feel free to PM me. Here's the list so far:

Grand Prize - ???

Second Prize - Vertical Drop Heroes HD (Courtesy of LN3000)

Third Prize - The Nightmare Co-Operative (Courtesy of LN3000)

Booby Prize - ???

Grand and Booby Prizes will remain secret until the event's end. The grand prize will be a collection of items that have never been bundled except for one item that has been bundled a grand total of once. It also will fit in with the theme of the contest.

I think that's just about everything. Good luck everyone!

3) All you need to do to enter is post here saying you'd like to enter. Optionally, you can state your preferred nickname and post an image link of your avatar (Imgur or anything will do). Of those two, the image one is more important and will make things more fun.
Sign me up as well.

[customspoiler="what is this i dont even"]Double post, but in this case I think it's justified.

So this happened today..

9VvYB9m.png

And so to honour the occasion, I'm hosting an extra special contest (may have been a little premature with it a week or so ago, but now's finally the time!).

This one should go a little more smoother than my planned giveaways last year when I hit 1K, but unfortunately the prizes will not be cash like last year either, sorry. :whistle2:(

Here's the deets:

1) The maximum number of people who can enter the contest is 48 (including myself, if I somehow win, all prizes will be given to the subsequent places below me).

2) The contest/event itself will take place sometime Friday night. I will post the exact time in-thread when I have all 48 participants and we're ready to go. It is not MANDATORY that you be around on the forum when the contest starts but is highly encouraged. There will also be a live Steam group chat that you can participate in, this is also encouraged. If you would like to be in the group chat during the event, feel free to add me on Steam so I can invite you when ready.

4) The only requirement for entering is that you have at least 400+ posts. If for some reason you don't, but feel that you are considered a regular, PM me.

5) There will be four prizes. One grand prize for the winner, one for second place, one for third place and one Booby prize for last place. If anyone would like to donate more prizes, feel free to PM me. Here's the list so far:

Grand Prize - ???

Booby Prize - ???

Grand and Booby Prizes will remain secret until the event's end. The grand prize will be a collection of items that have never been bundled except for one item that has been bundled a grand total of once. It also will fit in with the theme of the contest.

I think that's just about everything. Good luck everyone![/customspoiler]
...huh. That's got to be one of the most ridiculously overcomplicated giveaways of four bundle fodders I've ever heard of.

Well done, Bobby.

Grats! I'd like to enter!

...huh. That's got to be one of the most ridiculously overcomplicated giveaways of four bundle fodders I've ever heard of.

Well done, Bobby.
And here I was planning on giving away $50+ in games with a much simpler contest.. y u do dis booby.

Sweet! Sounds like fun. (I may or may not be fully awake and/or understand what I'm getting myself into at the moment.) Sign me up!

I'd like to enter. ;)

As awesome as it is Bobby for you to run the contest, I can't be around.  We're in the final stages of packing up for a cross country move.  As is, I shouldn't be on here, too much stuff to pack up (including my gaming desktop that I'm on).

So I've been running lots of polls where I want people to vote for the best games from the WGN live stream in 2014 (which I did most of). If you guys could vote for the best of Jan 2014, I'd appreciate it: http://whosgamingnow.net/discussion/2288/vote-best-definite-winner-from-our-live-stream-in-jan-2014/p1

and for the 99% of people reading that don't care, here's some more Tiestru codes:

8YICB-CENN2-4PJKV

EY57E-FXMKV-B0ZYZ

32NA2-B8TC2-RXGBJ

IY2M7-GXYJA-4I3RX

INGNL-YTHGT-HE0KR

JB5TJ-F8CJZ-7W0LK

GGTYJ-67M2E-JMGCK

HG2E2-TTY46-FVR8K

RQJTK-WJMBG-630QF

4C2KE-DXRTZ-0RV7X

HWVBL-3998V-9J93Z

AEX25-533HT-08HKV

YCQEN-QYE0W-GAIIA

MLPVL-D49DW-06FT5

AEZGE-TLPX4-36HRV

Mirror of fate is surprisingly good. It is 2.5D but it makes a good use of the engine

I also liked LoS for what it is and try to be, but I hope they keep making sidescrollers

I'll join if you still have room. Thanks Bobby!

Ok Bobby, I'll enter if there's still room, why not.  Scratch that, I probably won't be around tonight.

I have to say I am tempted by the discounts at Nuuvem on those Konami games, but I just can't pull the trigger.  The reviews make them sound pretty shitty, to the point where I think I would feel ripped off in terms of wasting my gaming time actually playing them...and they're too expensive for +1s.

I logged 15 hours of Endless Space in the last two and a half days, but now that I'm starting to understand how the game works I'm finding it maybe a bit too generic to keep playing.  Which I suppose is a good thing, as I temporarily get my life back.  I feel the time might be better invested in one of the other spacey 4x's, like GalCiv or something.

So this happened today..

9VvYB9m.png

Here's the deets:

Grand Prize - ???

Booby Prize - ???

Grand and Booby Prizes will remain secret until the event's end. The grand prize will be a collection of items that have never been bundled except for one item that has been bundled a grand total of once. It also will fit in with the theme of the contest.

I think that's just about everything. Good luck everyone!
The Toaster is all plugged-in to enter this content, if there's still room.

Re: Booby contest

Y'all really don't have those games he's giving away?

Well Booby if you're giving away Cities: Skylines count me in. Otherwise it's probably already been there done that for me. And Drabes has way more than you and I so I can't imagine there's anything he needs from you.

Mirror of fate is surprisingly good. It is 2.5D but it makes a good use of the engine

I also liked LoS for what it is and try to be, but I hope they keep making sidescrollers
+1 on Mirror of Fate. It really felt like an updated version of the old school Castlevanias, which is something I've wanted for some time. The other ones are okay I guess but they just don't feel like Castlevania to me.

What? fuck

I wish they would warn everyone before pulling stuff. I guess I'll keep it in my wishlist on the off chance they put it back.
Dammit! I wanted that game. I can't even blame Activision this time. I suppose every licensed property should be considered suspect.

So this happened today..

9VvYB9m.png
We taught you so well. Who would have thought Broke Booby would get to 2000 before me? What a proud moment.

make-your-clients-cry1-300x300.jpg

Wish I could join your contest, but alas will not be around tonight and I don't want to join unless I'm all in for the fun.

Contest me up, yo.

photo-348330.jpg

So the people who waste the most time on here and not playing games are the ones who deserve stuff the most....seems legit.
Yes, people who make the place interesting day in and day out are more "deserving" of free stuff. In so much as you can apply "deserving" as a value judgment for someone else's generosity.

I was having trouble with the Brazil networks when I tried to login before purchasing, but I switched to Colombia and it works fine. Purchasing region-lock only affects the Rockstar titles in the sale, anyway. You can buy Saw, Slient Hill, and the others without using Hola.
Just can't bring myself to buy the GTA games with GFWL on IV and Securom on the III games.

Congrats! I'm close behind you and will hit 2000 likely next month.

I'd like to enter the contest!

Thanks!

DrR0Ck -
photo-59710.jpg

Re: Bobby's Contest

Count me in. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to say congrats! Now to the 3k milestone!

Trav [attachment=13134:photo-17317.png.jpg]

Re: Booby contest

Y'all really don't have those games he's giving away?

Well Booby if you're giving away Cities: Skylines count me in. Otherwise it's probably already been there done that for me. And Drabes has way more than you and I so I can't imagine there's anything he needs from you.
He had me at never been bundled before game.

bread's done
Back