Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
First game on steam was civ 5 which I picked up from target around it's release. Didn't get anything else until Amazon had some sales in early 2013 and grabbed arkham city, dead island, and a Microsoft pack with mark of the ninja, deadlight, and some others. Bundle games came soon after and it was all downhill from there.

You guys think you got ripped off?

1d803e7aef0f2de1b03812871e80be7f.png

Mine are the same as Coral's, TF2 and Audiosurf, just a few months earlier.

My case is probably worse though, as the reason I bought TF2 on Steam was because I had previously bought the Orange Box for xbox 360, and it was fucking terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
WGN Drastik Measure bundle pre-sale is live. $1.25 to preorder a full 8 game bundle and the price will rise to $3 after.

It uses the build your own bundle format and is a mix of Steam and Greenlight games.

https://groupees.com/wgndrastikmeasure

It's not the bundle I'm putting together (still in the works) but you guys should know that WGN has a pretty good track record of getting games greenlit, with or without offering free copies.

Da fuq were u doing
This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCi8QIRP6JA

Why am I not surprised...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR4HuK7JNfQ
I thought it was only announced for PS4/Xbox One than I checked the youtube page. PC too, sigh.

My first purchase on steam was Witcher 1, 2, and Amnesia Collection for 12.97.

I avoided Steam like the plague because it was a huge pain in the ass for a long time. My first activation was Half Life 2 on November 30, 2004.

My first Steam purchase was way later in March 30, 2008: Prey $4.95

So Nuuvem's having a BL2 sale with some pretty cheap prices on individual DLCs, including the Headhunter DLCs (about $0.30 each) which I just bought a little over a week ago for a hair under $3.

So to all of you who enabled me with reasonable comments saying the content was worth the price of admission, shame on you. I'm never taking advice from you guys again! :shame:
People told you to buy the Headhunter DLC? It's all too shallow to be considered good. Each Headhunter DLC is just a map with a tacked-on story and some extra heads and skins. The only reason to have it is to have everything available in the game. It's what you play after playing all of the other DLC for all of the games and somehow want more.
Yellow Comic Sans aside, you got a good deal. I was really only telling you that the content, at the right price, was worth playing. Never ever listen to me on when to buy. I don't have spoder powers.

Blade, if you enjoy BL2 and want more, the Headhunter packs are great for a few dollars or less total. 6-8 hours of gameplay, unique bosses, some unique loot, and a few laughs -- not bad for the price. By the way... they all have positive reviews.

WGN Drastik Measure bundle pre-sale is live. $1.25 to preorder a full 8 game bundle and the price will rise to $3 after.

It uses the build your own bundle format and is a mix of Steam and Greenlight games.

https://groupees.com/wgndrastikmeasure

It's not the bundle I'm putting together (still in the works) but you guys should know that WGN has a pretty good track record of getting games greenlit, with or without offering free copies.
We need mor cluez

My first activation was the Orange Box retail (don't know how to find the date.)  First in-Steam purchase was SiN Episode 1 on Dec. 27, 2007 for $7.45. 

My first activation was the Orange Box retail (don't know how to find the date.) First in-Steam purchase was SiN Episode 1 on Dec. 27, 2007 for $7.45.
Click on your wallet balance (or account name) in the upper right, click on the STORE TRANSACTIONS tab, click on SEE ALL, scroll down, facepalm nostalgically.

Click on your wallet balance (or account name) in the upper right, click on the STORE TRANSACTIONS tab, click on SEE ALL, scroll down, facepalm nostalgically.
Yes, that's where I went to get the date and price for SiN but for whatever reason, the Orange Box isn't showing on the list. It's showing up as "Complementary" on the Licenses and Subscriptions list...

I'm actually surprised how recent most "first" purchases were for most people.
Oddly enough, mine was Audio-Surf when it came out (apparently around February 11, 2008). Yet up until a few months ago I had maybe ~60-70 games -- now I have 346 which is sitll nothing compared to some of you granted....

Yes, that's where I went to get the date and price for SiN but for whatever reason, the Orange Box isn't showing on the list. It's showing up as "Complementary" on the Licenses and Subscriptions list...
Ah yeah, might be because of how early it was done? I have the same thing with my Half-Life Platinum Pack: first thing on L&S as complimentary but no date or listing on ST. I think maybe through the console command wizardry madjoki posted about you can find the exact date.

Blade, if you enjoy BL2 and want more, the Headhunter packs are great for a few dollars or less total. 6-8 hours of gameplay, unique bosses, some unique loot, and a few laughs -- not bad for the price. By the way... they all have positive reviews.
Yeah, I own them all and have played them. I enjoyed Son of Crawmerax, but the rest weren't good in comparison to the full DLC packs like TTAoDK. I didn't get anything of value to add to my character aside from the skins, which I still prefer Gory Ghoul head and Dark Knight skin to anyway. I also don't like how they're not included in the GOTY version, forcing you to pay more for some tacked-on stories that could have been packed together for the amount of content you get in each one. Digistruct adds a lot of content to the game, and I accept NS Annex because it's included in the GOTY, but the Headhunters are separate purchases? Pfft.

Tiny Tina > Mr. Torgue > Captain Scarlett > Sir Hammerlock > Raid on Digistruct > Headhunter 5 > Creature Slaughterdome > Headhunter 2 > Headhunter 4 > Headhunter 3 > Headhunter 1 IMO

If anyone is looking for a reason to boot up Diablo 3, Blizzard is having a sweet deal on bonus experience and gold:

There is a community buff for 100% more experience and gold find from Monday, March 23 at 12:00 a.m. PDT through Monday, March 30 at 11:59 p.m. PDT to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of Reaper of Souls.

[Link]

Ah yeah, might be because of how early it was done? I have the same thing with my Half-Life Platinum Pack: first thing on L&S as complimentary but no date or listing on ST. I think maybe through the console command wizardry madjoki posted about you can find the exact date.
Yeah, Counter-Strike Source (and the other games included in the retail box like Half-Life 2 DM) were marked as complimentary as well.

Although I knew about Steam for years before I got it, I was #consolegamer as well as Runescape player. Dial-up was also a huge deterrent to online distribution for many of those years.

First "purchases." Anyone else get Portal this way?

Although I knew about Steam for years before I got it, I was #consolegamer as well as Runescape player. Dial-up was also a huge deterrent to online distribution for many of those years.

First "purchases." Anyone else get Portal this way?

I remember Runescape being the only MMO that worked with dial-up. My first Portal was The Orange Box.

I grabbed it sent the gift copies to asheskitty and treadlife

because it was on treadlife wishlist and ashe was the first one in list that didn't have it :grouphug:
If I already have the game and buy a 3 pack, do I get 3 copies in my inventory, or a single 3-pack item that needs to be split?

Steam_First_Liscenses1.png

Does anyone remember the Half-Life 2 Holiday Pack 2006? It came with Half Life: Source, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, and Counter-Strike: Source. I bought a retail copy off eBay for ~$15 and that was my first license added back on March 30, 2007. 

I do remember buying The Orange Box from a Best Buy post-Christmas sale for $20 in 2007. It was such a good deal I bought extras for friends. At the time $20 WAS a deal.

My first store purchase was Day of Defeat Source for $4.99 (June '08 Summer sale). Then I didn't buy anything else off steam for two years until I picked up Mass Effect 1 & 2 (June '10 Summer sale).

[customspoiler=The Early Stages of Addiction]

Steam_Store_Transactions.png

[/customspoiler]

I remember Runescape being the only MMO that worked with dial-up. My first Portal was The Orange Box.
I used to play Final Fantasy XI on dial-up all the time.

My first Steam acquisitions on my current account:

WxGLosr.jpg

I owned Half-Life but that's on a long lost account from when I was a wee lad. Those games marked "Free" were actually free and it seems the first PC game that I paid for in the Steam age was Total War: Shogun 2, which I've hardly played. Thankfully, I've put up more than enough hours into Dustforce to make it worth it though.

My first Steam purchase was a preorder of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. I think my second was Rag Doll Kung Fu. They just show as complimentary on my license list, though, and don't show in transactions.

No, this is the Worms Collection from 2014. It includes all Worms games and all DLC and is $90 on Steam. ES says the lowest recorded price was $17.99 in December of last year on BundleStars.
This was a Humble Weekly.

$6 got you everything in that pack except Clan Wars, with a ton of extra games. Clan Wars was a four pack in the $15 tier.

Again, this is Worms, so it's going to be a hella lot cheaper in the future.

You really need to play some Civ IV, it's a great game. If I didn't have the huge library I have these days I'd still be playing the crap out of it.
I would probably pay money for a DLC that added Steam achievements to Civ IV and the expansions (as long as it also put the Mac and PC versions in one entry in my library).

bread's done
Back