Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Reposted from some old ass thread this dude necromanced.
Damn and I paid like $90 when all was said and done with the tax for that danged thing. Anyway, if anyone wants it there seem to still be some in stock, but obvious YMMV depending on location. Decent-ish CE and you get a skeleton dog. :p
I haven't paid any attention to the Diablo III releases so far. Does it come with the base game?

No, it's just the expansion.

*Edit: Though the base is $20 on sale for boxed and $15 regular price for download (Wait what? Blizzard selling Digital Downloads other than at their store? When did this happen?) at Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll wait for season 3/2.2 patch before losing my life in D3 again. I still have Borderlands new DLC, my current Skyrim playrhrough, DA:I DLC, the upcoming Sins of the First Scholar...I need to quit my job so I can have more time to play.

That DAI DLC is just like some extra area to run around in and then some extra armor and junk right?

Man, there's a bunch of people on Tumblr and Reddit who have been positively OBSESSED with needing to have a Solas DLC that are going to be all HOPES DELETED right about now.

Meanwhile in the Bobbyverse, Booby is making scalpers mad.

boobytastic.png

That DAI DLC is just like some extra area to run around in and then some extra armor and junk right?

Man, there's a bunch of people on Tumblr and Reddit who have been positively OBSESSED with needing to have a Solas DLC that are going to be all HOPES DELETED right about now.
No idea, but I'm buying it. And Solas and the stick up his smug, pretentious ass can suck it. I think I'll take my current 2H Nord to the College of Winterhold for magifying and make a new 2H Reaver for DA:I.

Yeah Bobby no be rude!

No idea, but I'm buying it. And Solas and the stick up his smug, pretentious ass can suck it. I think I'll take my current 2H Nord to the College of Winterhold for magifying and make a new 2H Reaver for DA:I.
Apparently if your relationship with him gets low enough [customspoiler=minor spoiler I guess]you can get the option to punch him in one of the scenes[/customspoiler]. :lol:

The guy had it coming. I could believe that maybe he didn't get it from BundleStars, but he probably got it from the price glitch.

At about 23 cents wallet a copy, selling each copy for a key (~$2.50?) is an insane mark-up and I would have slapped him over the internet if it were possible.

To his credit though, the dev is charging way more for it in this sale than he probably should. Sale price is well over the cost of the entire Zen Bundle...

Right well if you want to play dumb in public have fun with that.

I'm used to scheistery in the post CheapLikeaFox IG HH hosting era so seems par for the course these days.

03.23.2015-16.32.png

And I thought that Crysis bundle was the best bang for the buck hehe. My next game came from Tony's greatest bundle. That's when I found CAG.

Right well if you want to play dumb in public have fun with that.

I'm used to scheistery in the post CheapLikeaFox IG HH hosting era so seems par for the course these days.
I don't know what I'm playing dumb about because I'm not exactly sure what your accusation is.

Yes, I bought a bundle for my younger brother from Stupidproz1 because a while after I sold out of my stock, I saw the price he was offering (though I'm not exactly sure how he got it so cheap, I also don't remember it being $1.30) and I figured that price was worth hooking him up with DD Neon. It's hardly a secret, I left him feedback and vice-versa.

Are you implying that I bought all of my stock from him or something? Implying I sold my bundles way more expensive then I could have?

I don't know what your complaint is. But either way, both implications are wrong. Stupidpr0z can attest I only bought one bundle and Det and any of the other hosters can vouch that $1.60 per bundle was pretty close to at cost price (borderland was $1.50 and he bought immediately and you know he sells as close to at cost as he can get away with), certainly after the bump in pack price that I was bitching about.

Also, I'd disagree that a 25 cent difference in price is the same as whatever insane mark-up this guy was offering on Particula. On top of that, I don't get your issue seeing as you didn't even buy from me because I ran out.

However, you can take your passive-aggressive smear tactic bullshit and go fuck yourself. Seriously.

I know I'm far from the only person who's gotten sick of it.

Dec 25, 2009
Free
CD Key
Killing Floor Retail

Dec 20, 2008
$4.99
Purchase
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl

So $5 for STALKER then I came back a year later to activate my KF Christmas Present from my retail copy.  I remembered having shitty internet at the time and being completely pissed I had to download GBs of shit to even pay KF and wondering what the point was of having a disc if they required me to redownload the whole game.

So I sympathize with some people who are anti-digital.  Of course, that was the beginning of the end for me as I started checking CAG more regularly and buying games on sale and then bundles came a long and here I am 1800 games later wondering if anyone will ever love me.  

I know *you* know this but it has to be said.

97d45280a8.jpg

0a2cd94569.jpg
... so you know, people from my hometown in Mexico go eat at the Taco Bell across the border. And they love it because it's not Mexican food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWSOiZrs3oA

Dodgy subtitling aside, this video pretty much explains why. Incidentally two girls there complain about the tacos being in flour tortillas, but at least down here, they're served that way if you want them like that. It's all good.

Oh and we DO have hard shelled tacos! Except they're deep fried. Not pre-fried shells. :p

The sexual tension in this thread is so thick you cut it with a knife.
It's funny, you're all text arranged in certain ways to me, but I find motoki's calling people out a lot better than Foxhack's apprehensive bitchiness. And I can't get Bobby to laugh on Steam. He's always so serious. Worse than MysterD.

So I sympathize with some people who are anti-digital. Of course, that was the beginning of the end for me as I started checking CAG more regularly and buying games on sale and then bundles came a long and here I am 1800 games later wondering if anyone will ever love me.
Girls will still love you...but they're only voiced by girls and everything else is written and drawn by lonely men. And you have to worry about their whore feelings.

I've seen that one and the Panda Express one and John Oliver's thing about native advertising. It's not Mexican but it's still shitty food.

... so you know, people from my hometown in Mexico go eat at the Taco Bell across the border. And they love it because it's not Mexican food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWSOiZrs3oA
Oh, please, the Chinese have been putting up with this crap for over a century. My cousins have asked me several times to try to describe moo shu pork.

Incidentally, my father is from Texas and insists that proper burritos don't have rice in them. Is there some truth to this? I've actually heard it both ways from Texans, but I've never asked anybody who would actually know (ie, from south of the border).

Oh, please, the Chinese have been putting up with this crap for over a century. My cousins have asked me several times to try to describe moo shu pork.

Incidentally, my father is from Texas and insists that proper burritos don't have rice in them. Is there some truth to this? I've actually heard it both ways from Texans, but I've never asked anybody who would actually know (ie, from south of the border).
I live right on a border city. The way it is usually done is just filled with whatever you want such as chile verde or something like that. Usually rice is not in it. Refried beans are common too mainly mixed with some other ingredients such as a chile relleno. It's all good. Also crunchy tacos are common but yes they are usually pan fried using corn tortillas and yes they are awesome. The other ones shown are what's commonly referred to as street tacos since if you go over the border you can get them from a taco cart or stand, which is very good. It's all fun and yes I do eat Taco Bell too, though it's not an everyday thing.

I am so very sorry. You poor, poor soul.

Burritos are, and aren't a thing. They're basically well, tacos. Street vendors and restaurants call them flour tortilla tacos; but a few places call them burritos, and they're usually larger than a normal taco.

Rice in tacos is weird, but it's not really uncommon. It just depends on how you want your food. Most of us prefer a side of rice. :p

And the Chinese... I wouldn't know, since Chinese food restaurants are owned and operated by actual Chinese people here. One of my best friends in high school helped his parents run their own restaurant. :p The food we have down here is fairly close to the stuff from the mainland, but still different enough for us to eat it (usually spicier.)

I am so very sorry. You poor, poor soul.
Don't knock it, the barbecue is awesome.

Anyway, I think he's actually mentioned that burritos are really more Tex-Mex than they are authentic Mexican, before, but he says a lot of things. He's old.

The food we have down here is fairly close to the stuff from the mainland, but still different enough for us to eat it (usually spicier.)
I wish that were true where I live - N.E. US - every time I order something that supposedly spicy from a chinese/thai restaurant here it's usually less spicy than Wendy's 'spicy' chicken nuggets. I usually have to convince them that I want my food to taste it as if they were making it for themselves and that I won't ask for my money back because it's too spicy.

Aanecdoteally, I remember being in a Taco Bell (around 15 years ago) and stuck behind someone who was asking what the ingredients were on just about item on the menu. What's in a taco? What's in a Taco Supreme? What's in the Burrito? What's in the Beef Burrito? I wanted to shake him and kick him in the shins by the time he placed his order.

I wish that were true where I live - N.E. US - every time I order something that supposedly spicy from a chinese/thai restaurant here it's usually less spicy than Wendy's 'spicy' chicken nuggets. I usually have to convince them that I want my food to taste it as if they were making it for themselves and that I won't ask for my money back because it's too spicy.
Don't even get me started. I'm the child of a Texas chili-eater and a Chinese woman from southeast Asia, and I lived in northeastern America most of my life. There are people there who would find a sprinkle of black pepper overly piquant. Those are the people I want to shake.

EDIT:
Incidentally, I fully approve of food-related spam in the Steam thread.

Though now I'm getting hungry.

Aanecdoteally, I remember being in a Taco Bell (around 15 years ago) and stuck behind someone who was asking what the ingredients were on just about item on the menu. What's in a taco? What's in a Taco Supreme? What's in the Burrito? What's in the Beef Burrito? I wanted to shake him and kick him in the shins by the time he placed his order.
Don't even get me started. I'm the child of a Texas chili-eater and a Chinese woman from southeast Asia, and I lived in northeastern America most of my life. There are people there who would find a sprinkle of black pepper overly piquant. Those are the people I want to shake.
The things that some Americans think are "spicy" are just plain gross. I've had the spicy chicken sandwich from McDeath and it's not a yummy spicy. And Tabasco sauce is red colored vinegar.

And now I'm hungry. :p

No matter how far afield the discussions in this thread may roam, it always eventually comes back to the true purpose of this thread. Talking about food.

Does anyone want a 75% off coupon for rocketsrocketsrockets? (expires 3/31). I don't know why you'd want to buy this, but if there is someone that does let me know.

The food talk is killing me. I love Mexican and Chinese food, even though it's not always easy to find good stuff. It's 2:39 AM and Steam's not selling food. Seriously...

[attachment=13227:10281743.jpg]​

Which brings me full circle to the game I've been playing: South Park: Stick of Truth.

I recall reading comments on here from guys like Cheaplikeafox and I want to agree. If you're a fan, you will truly appreciate the countless references and humor straight from the show. It really is like playing through your very own episode and, for me, that makes it a must-buy.

If you aren't a fan, then there's probably not a lot for you here. It's a very well-produced game, but the RPG mechanics are pretty basic. There's some depth, but not a lot. The overworld map is fairly small, though you do get to venture off into uncharted territory for some missions. You need not be an RPG player to understand and appreciate the game as it is very accessible.

Summary:

• Fan of the show and love RPGs: love of South Park / your personal general cheapness = pricepoint to buy
  • Fan of the show and hate RPGs: love of SP / general cheapness - RPG hatred^-2 = pricepoint to buy
  • Fan of RPGs but dislike the show: don't bother

For me: 4.8/5 turd nuggets

I'm not a huge fan of RPGs and I never really got into Southpark, but I just started playing the game a few days ago and am enjoying it. The humor is random and while stupid and immature (obviously intentional), I can't help but laugh.

Long story short, its a good game!

Thanks! I had a lovely redeem-fight with some lurker for this, we kept verifying emails (5 times for me) stealing each other's verify-lock. In the end I emerged victorious. I knew I only needed this DLC (since it includes the other). I think his greed was his undoing, since he got the Hilda Riza DLC.
The mental image I have here is that scene from Hackers where Jonny Lee Miller duels Angelina Jolie for control of a VHS archive.

Holy shit - Ashes is Acid Burn. I knew it!

Just caught up with the food chat.

I hate you all. It's 9.35am and I'm sat at work craving Mexican food. Mexican food is approximately 5261 miles away. The nearest impressive franchised Mexican eatery is probably 4000 miles away at least.

I'm going to have to deal with the Greggs down the street. Sausage roll anyone?

:grouphug:

Just caught up with the food chat.

I hate you all. It's 9.35am and I'm sat at work craving Mexican food. Mexican food is approximately 5261 miles away. The nearest impressive franchised Mexican eatery is probably 4000 miles away at least.

I'm going to have to deal with the Greggs down the street. Sausage roll anyone?

:grouphug:
So you're saying there's a market to be tapped

So the game Sector is free on Desura "from 23/03 to 25/03" :p

It's also on Greenlight. You might as well grab it free on Desura and then vote for it on Greenlight because +1 etc and you know you already have worse junk on your account anyway*.

As a reminder, you no longer need to install the Desura client or the game to add a free game to your account there. Now you can just hover over the thumbnail of the game on the main page and click the "Add to Collection button".

Mj8Onjq.png

* unless you are Carlmundo and in the process of getting it removed

So the game Sector is free on Desura "from 23/03 to 25/03" :p

It's also on Greenlight. You might as well grab it free on Desura and then vote for it on Greenlight because +1 etc and you know you already have worse junk on your account anyway*.

As a reminder, you no longer need to install the Desura client or the game to add a free game to your account there. Now you can just hover over the thumbnail of the game on the main page and click the "Add to Collection button".

Mj8Onjq.png

* unless you are Carlmundo and in the process of getting it removed
Desura doesn't give keys for free games anymore, side effect of fixing Indie Royales giving double keys. Same goes for Humble Bundle Desura keys, which no longer gives steam keys.

bread's done
Back