Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Thanks to the console folks in the Gamestop trade-in values thread, I just got Duck Dynasty for free after trading a game that cost me $1 to buy a few months ago. Hell the store owed me a penny. Heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the console folks in the Gamestop trade-in values thread, I just got Duck Dynasty for free after trading a game that cost me $1 to buy a few months ago. Hell the store owed me a penny. Heh.
Free, you say? Seems... expensive, considering the game.

Hey. They say one man's crap is another man's treasure lol.
I don't think "trash" and crap an necessarily synonymous.

And, did I read correctly that the Kitty lady got banned? Is that right or am I still tripping off of cheese wizz?

I just got Duck Dynasty
y

r u a moran

tumblr_mdcznirhcq1qdsrh8o1_500.jpg

I thought Ashes had gotten silenced?
Here is a post of her's from the humble thread. As you can see, her status is "Banned".

There is such a thing as temp-bans. If it turns out to be a temp-ban, it's basically the same as getting silenced. But it's worth noting that she was on my friends list here on CAG and she seems to have been removed from that list.

And, did I read correctly that the Kitty lady got banned? Is that right or am I still tripping off of cheese wizz?
I don't want to speak for her as it isn't really my place, but seeing as how she can't, I'll just say that it's true. She was silenced at first and then later banned.

This isn't the first time that the moderators of this forum have swept into this thread and been a bit heavy-handed in directing the forum. In my opinion, you cannot effectively run a community in which you are not involved. We've now lost a lot of good posters, which ultimately results in less revenue for the site.

Having forum rules is important, but punishing people for conduct outside of the forum is petty and childish.

I've run a very large forum in the past and I always hated when people just couldn't accept a decision that was for the good of the community and move on, but I'm saying right now that kicking people out wholesale is a lazy way of engaging with the people that populate your website. I'm not saying that anyone that was punished was completely innocent of any wrongdoing, but it's effectively throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I think Mass Effect 2 probably had the best questing, stories, and character stuff in that Mass Effect series. Just about everything + everyone there - it all felt like it had meaning. Especially when gathering your party-member missions & their Loyalty missions. Especially by the time you do the final mission - when everything feels "on the line" there. It's just - I would've loved to have had say the few tweaks + gameplay improvements in ME3 (the improvements & modifications of weapons system + the new roll move) in ME2. Yeah, I think the Lore in ME is much better than what was in DA.

Of course, I've yet to play DA:I. So, how's the Lore in Inquisition?
so would you re-buy all 3 ME if a remaster is done on ME3 engine?

I really don't like how this forum is managed by the mods and how they don't even care explaining anything. Let's be clear. 99% of the PC deals are posted by the community. If mods keep banning members of the community, who will post the deals? Maybe the owner doesn't care about PC gaming, but I may be wrong.

They want us to only post deals here. But, wait a minute, this is not our job, we don't earn any money here, we only do it to help other people find good deals. And the forum gets more visitors, more posts and so on.

If I only want to know deals, I'll check the different stores by myself. Or go to sites like isthereanydeal.

I'm becoming less active here, sometimes I don't even check the forum a day or two. Too many regulars and good collaborators were banned and It doesn't feel good.

I know I'm being a bit extremist, but that's what I'm thinking.

can you elaborate on "punishing ppl for conduct outside of the forum" bit?
I'd rather not get into that part of it as it isn't my place. She hasn't asked anyone to mention any part of the incident. I was merely using it as a springboard for my rant on the state of the union.

There's more on Steam for anyone that's interested and for anyone that has access to that particular group.

Deal talk: Septerra Core is $0.69

can you elaborate on "punishing ppl for conduct outside of the forum" bit?
I'd rather not get into that part of it as it isn't my place. She hasn't asked anyone to mention any part of the incident. I was merely using it as a springboard for my rant on the state of the union.

There's more on Steam for anyone that's interested and for anyone that has access to that particular group.

Jesus H, with the CAG Gestapo striking left and right, I guess I'll start looking for a new board somewhere. With all the stupid shit I post, I have zero doubts my time is limited and I'd rather bow out willfully, than be excised.

OT: Fight the Dragon is fun and on sale. So there.

Depends on a few things.

Will ME2 Remastered + ME3 Remastered actually finally come packaged with all of the damn DLC's?

Price matters, too - depends on how cheap it'll be when on sale, as well.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Deluxe Edition in a PC Retail Box is $37 at Best Buy.

That's cheaper than their Regular Ed retail box at the moment at Best Buy.

There's free Shipping, if bought online.

Looks like Deluxe Ed contains code for Digital Soundtrack + some extra item DLC's.

Unfortunately, nothing spectacular in the Deluxe Ed at Retail for that price.

EDIT:

Would've been nice if Amazon actually had copies of this. :p

Got Bing $ to burn.

While I'm all for random discussion, I'd recommend we leave mod talk and speculation outside of this thread. Just a suggestion lest you want to summon the evil spirits.

I really don't like how this forum is managed by the mods and how they don't even care explaining anything. Let's be clear. 99% of the PC deals are posted by the community. If mods keep banning members of the community, who will post the deals? Maybe the owner doesn't care about PC gaming, but I may be wrong.

They want us to only post deals here. But, wait a minute, this is not our job, we don't earn any money here, we only do it to help other people find good deals. And the forum gets more visitors, more posts and so on.

If I only want to know deals, I'll check the different stores by myself. Or go to sites like isthereanydeal.

I'm becoming less active here, sometimes I don't even check the forum a day or two. Too many regulars and good collaborators were banned and It doesn't feel good.

I know I'm being a bit extremist, but that's what I'm thinking.
Yeah, if they keep it up, pretty soon this place will only be populated by toasters.

Didn't get to read all the pages since it was discussed, but I know people were asking about PoE.  Its not the best site, but if you guys are willing to use G2A.com they have PoE Hero edition for like $20.  I purchased one, and it redeemed to steam without any issues

Didn't get to read all the pages since it was discussed, but I know people were asking about PoE. Its not the best site, but if you guys are willing to use G2A.com they have PoE Hero edition for like $20. I purchased one, and it redeemed to steam without any issues
Redeeming on Steam is not the issue. It's making sure it STAY IN YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT. If there were ANY issues regarding the purchase of the keys from the original key provider to G2A (chargeback, fraud, stolen keys, and etc). Valve can always remove the game from your account at any point in time. Had it happen to a Steam gift of Skyrim (from a trade) long time ago and it was removed from my account a month later I had the game.

SUMMARY: With "shady" stores like G2A that gets keys from other users, I recommend others to be cautious when purchasing.

Free-lunch_Guy-Downes-20101.jpeg

EDIT: Forgot to add "DEAL TALK" to appease the mods (and stay ON TOPIC). Somewhere out in the Internet...
KISS published games are in a bundle

I would by an updated / remastered version of the whole Mass Effect series if they included all DLC and updated the graphics.

I would by an updated / remastered version of the whole Mass Effect series if they included all DLC and updated the graphics.
+1 and added controller support for the first game. Last time I played it was M/KB only which is not ideal for 3rd person shooters for me

If all ME2+3 DLC's are included - YES.

Especially if saves from old versions to remasters are compatible.

Especially if the game goes on sale dirt-cheap, in the future.

+1 and added controller support for the first game. Last time I played it was M/KB only which is not ideal for 3rd person shooters for me
I'm fine w KB-mouse for ME games.

But, since this game was on the consoles and especially the XBox platforms - there's no reason PC version does NOT also support gamepads.

Even more so odd, PC version doesn't also support the X360 Gamepad.

If all ME2+3 DLC's are included - YES.

Especially if saves from old versions to remasters are compatible.

Especially if the game goes on sale dirt-cheap, in the future.

I'm fine w KB-mouse for ME games.

But, since this game was on the consoles and especially the XBox platforms - there's no reason PC version does NOT also support gamepads.

Even more so odd, PC version doesn't also support the X360 Gamepad.
The thing is, it's not a case of "oh it doesn't support it because we forgot it" or "it doesnt support it cuz its a bad port"

It doesn't support it because they straight out removed it without explanation. On consoles, you have a power wheel and use the stick to pick a power. On PC? They removed that and replaced it with a horrible power tab. Pisses me off.

The thing is, it's not a case of "oh it doesn't support it because we forgot it" or "it doesnt support it cuz its a bad port"

It doesn't support it because they straight out removed it without explanation. On consoles, you have a power wheel and use the stick to pick a power. On PC? They removed that and replaced it with a horrible power tab. Pisses me off.
As a long-time PC gamer (since 1995), I know BioWare always been pretty good w/ supporting PC gamers w/ their control-schemes (i.e. KB-mouse).

But w/ more PC games making controls to work supporting both KB-mouse + gamepads - i.e. especially since there are X360 pads on the PC; and especially since games are winding up on X360 + XB1 where a XB controller is the main control schemes there - seems silly that it ain't there on PC w/out explanation.

More gamers on the consoles that might like to pick-up a PC version (Especially if they build or buy a higher-end PC) have to resort to other means currently (i.e. Pinnacle Game Profiler or older free versions of XPadder) to get it going or just skip that PC version entirely.

You mean that group I never get invited to? :p

Happy Easter everyone
looks like the cag obituary for 2015 is going to set new records at this rate.
Sad to see a lot of my friends on here being banished.
Oh yeah deal talk. Bad rats on sale for full price, now, don't you feel all tingly in the nether regions.

Why are stores closed on Easter? Some of us want to give you money stores!

Deal talk: I need Dark Souls 2 to go on sale again since I don't really want the DLC. Cheap base game please

I'd be all over that and tbh I'm pretty surprised they haven't done something like this yet. At this point I'd have to imagine they don't get a ton of sales out of the ME series or the dlc; but a remastered trilogy with "4th gen" graphics and the dlc packaged would probably sell like hotcakes. To me, it'd be worth it not only for owning the dlc on PC (have it all on xbox), but the first game w/updated graphics would be nice to have.

I might have to play through ME again...haven't played those games in several years now

bread's done
Back