Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice on the build guys. I was going through Steam adding stuff I wanted to play to my wish list and to my surprise I already owned most. Gotta love them seasonal sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a horribly dusty apartment to where my filters on my computer are full every week or two....and I only clean mine out once every 6 months 

CaG lazylife

So, question to all here: I won a Steam copy of Dying Light, if I have no real interest in playing it, what's the best way to sell or trade it? What would it be worth? Total n00b when it comes to Keys/ref/fake currency.
Did you check Steam Buy/Sell/Trade Thread that's found over in The Cesspool?

EDIT:

BTW, MysterD says most games should be worth 75% off (or more) of their lowest MSRP. :eek:P ;)

unless you are running htpc/media box, no point in risking with no-name brand psus

the list is highly reliable, it is compiled through numerous research. if you want to see your pc going up in flames, then go with the tier 5s
The list is conservative. Honestly, when buying a PSU that's a good thing. My main system has a nice PSU that I shelled out for. My HTPC has a PSU that isn't on that list at all, but the brand is listed with models in tier 1 and tier 2. I also have a couple of other PSUs for messing around, one of which is a tier 5 brand (Dynex) but a good PSU made by a quality manufacturer--information that was reported in a deal thread by someone who ordered one and opened it up to verify the quality. It was dirt cheap from an online discounter--Best Buy discontinued the line and replaced it with flashier-packaged crap--and this was the better part of a decade ago, now. (Around the same time Best Buy also had really nice Dynex-branded cases actually made by Lian-Li.)

That's a highly generalized statement. What you usually get with higher quality beyond the obvious durability, longevity and stability is quality control.
Those things really depend on the manufacturer of the PSU, and not the brand name. The top tiers either are quality manufacturers themselves or consistently source from quality manufacturers. The bottom tier brands generally source from crappy manufacturers, but sometimes don't.

Lol, for two years now I've been using the shitty 450w PSU that came free with my $25 case and never had a single problem. Maybe I've just been lucky. Getting a new one this week anyway though, need moar power for the new 970.

Lol, for two years now I've been using the shitty 450w PSU that came free with my $25 case and never had a single problem. Maybe I've just been lucky. Getting a new one this week anyway though, need moar power for the new 970.
what is your build that only require 450 w psu?

Proof pics or it didn't happen
FoxGetsItsHeadStuckInsideaCarWheel.jpg

[quote name="YBX87" post="12623705" timestamp="1428343811"]21.5 inch monitor is just too small now a days from pc gaming. atleast get 23"

i would get this monitor from ben q,, BenQ GL2760H Black 27" 2ms HDMI

Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor TN Panel $179.99 after promo code EMCARAP57, ends 4/9
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014378

or atleast ASUS VS Series VS238H-P 23" promo code EMCARAP62, $119.99 after rebate ends 4/9

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236175

or Acer S240HL bd Black 23.6 $114.99, budget friendly price. only con is no hdmi, but dvi works just fine unless you are gaming on a 4k monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009739

samsung 850 evo ssd 120gb on sale $59.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147371

amazon pricematched samsung 850 evo ssd http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OAJ5N6I/ref=twister_B00PRDMHLU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1[/quote]

Grabbed that BenQ 27 for $180 with Prime. Thanks!

Best advice for PC building is not to ask for any advice from CAG. While there's certainly a couple of people that know what their talking about, the vast majority are, well, "cheap", clueless, and/or use craptops/craplets. Go to a real hardware forum and introduce yourself. I'd highly recommend overclock.net or hardocp.com.

Best advice for PC building is not to ask for any advice from CAG. While there's certainly a couple of people that know what their talking about, the vast majority are, well, "cheap", clueless, and/or use craptops/craplets. Go to a real hardware forum and introduce yourself. I'd highly recommend overclock.net or hardocp.com.
i used overclock.net with my build

Tom's hardware website is pretty good. They answered all my questions whenever something didn't work right or which CPU/motherboard should I buy. 

You're all wrong...the nice people at Dell will put you in a sweet moderately priced alienware PC.  Just hit up their chat and Perdeep will set you up

Grabbed that BenQ 27 for $180 with Prime. Thanks!
That's a pretty good price and value for a budget monitor. I've been using a similar quality/brand with my Hanns.G 27" for the past 2.5 years. I paid $189 and it's been good so far. It does have issues with minor light bleed on two corners, the viewing angles are limited, and the black & color depth could be better but it's an average TN panel so that's to be expected. I wanted to get a monitor with an IPS panel since I do a little work with Photography & Photoshop and those panels have better color representation than TN panels. But I decided to put the money I saved towards the components instead on my last PC build.

TN panels are the best choice for gamers as the price seems to fit nicely if you are building with a budget. I love the size of the 27" and the amount of desktop space available. I think you'll be pretty happy once you have your PC up and running games at 1920x1080. Hooray for PC Master Race and the customized building adventures!

That's a pretty good price and value for a budget monitor. I've been using a similar quality/brand with my Hanns.G 27" for the past 2.5 years. I paid $189 and it's been great so far. It does have issues with minor light bleed on two corners, the viewing angles are limited, and the black & color depth could be better but it's average TN panel so that's to be expected. I wanted to get a monitor with an IPS panel since I do a little work with Photography & Photoshop and those panels have better color representation than TN panels. But I decided to put the money I saved towards all of my components instead on my last PC build.

TN panels are the best choice for gamers as the price seems to fit nicely if you are building with a budget. I love the size of the 27" and the amount of desktop space available. I think you'll be pretty happy once you have your PC up and running games at 1920x1080. Hooray for PC Master Race and the customized building adventures!
i guess you missed out on the $169.99 lg 27 ips monitor from newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?sdtid=7767819&SID=804355a8bced4bd1a7adce9048ff1cf9&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16824025041&cm_sp=

http://slickdeals.net/f/7767819-27-lg-27mp33hq-5ms-ips-1080p-led-backlit-monitor-for-169-99-free-shipping-newegg-com

Well, this was also 2.5 years ago.

I recently bought a Dell U2412m last November that I use on another PC I built specifically for side projects with photo editing. 27" monitors are great for gaming but I didn't need as big of a monitor for these side projects, plus the price point jump from 24" to 27" on a nice IPS monitor isn't worth it in my opinion.

Maybe I'm an oddity but I'm usually no more than two feet or so from my monitor most of the time.  I've had a 21" for years and while I can see upgrading to 24" or so I can't see myself going beyond that.  There's only so much real estate my eyes can take in at that distance.

Maybe I'm an oddity but I'm usually no more than two feet or so from my monitor most of the time. I've had a 21" for years and while I can see upgrading to 24" or so I can't see myself going beyond that. There's only so much real estate my eyes can take in at that distance.
Triple 24" monitors and FOV set to 180.

Can you play a Steam game online.....using a VPN or will you get banned?

Liike if I live in Texas and use a VPN (using a Texas server location)

I can't play DS2 online and it's pissing me the hell off.  fuck FROM

I recently bought a Dell U2412m last November that I use on another PC I built specifically for side projects with photo editing. 27" monitors are great for gaming but I didn't need as big of a monitor for these side projects, plus the price point jump from 24" to 27" on a nice IPS monitor isn't worth it in my opinion.
for the $169.99 price i got it for, it was worth it.

Maybe I'm an oddity but I'm usually no more than two feet or so from my monitor most of the time. I've had a 21" for years and while I can see upgrading to 24" or so I can't see myself going beyond that. There's only so much real estate my eyes can take in at that distance.
the most i will go is 27", anything above that is too much. i have see youtube videos of people using 29"+ 4k monitors

Can you play a Steam game online.....using a VPN or will you get banned?

Liike if I live in Texas and use a VPN (using a Texas server location)

I can't play DS2 online and it's pissing me the hell off. fuck FROM
Using a VPN is frowned upon by Steam support. Not to mention using a VPN might trip the VAC protection, banning you permanently.

the most i will go is 27", anything above that is too much. i have see youtube videos of people using 29"+ 4k

Triple 24" monitors and FOV set to 180.
eyefinity setup with more than three monitors are pretty impressive also

monitors

Rosewill all the way.

I let the Geek Squad tell me what I should buy.
I prefer the Apple geniuses.
You're all wrong...the nice people at Dell will put you in a sweet moderately priced alienware PC. Just hit up their chat and Perdeep will set you up
All good suggestions, but don't discount the kids working at the electronics department at Wal-Mart. Also nice to pick up your computer at the same place you can get all your dollar-a-dozen disposable underpants. Convenience is king!

All good suggestions, but don't discount the kids working at the electronics department at Wal-Mart. Also nice to pick up your computer at the same place you can get all your dollar-a-dozen disposable underpants. Convenience is king!
how's about getting medical advice from the same place as well?

bread's done
Back