Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I bought my first house today. Debating on what I should get to commemorate this occasion.

To get my budget under control (probably something I should have done before buying a house...)

attachicon.gif
header.jpg

To practice developing my land, adding on and decorating my house.

attachicon.gif
header1.jpg

To pillage and plunder the surrounding area.

attachicon.gif
header3.jpg

To help prepare for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

attachicon.gif
header2.jpg
Congrats, go with KF2, great game (if I had the monnies hehe).

I bought my first house today. Debating on what I should get to commemorate this occasion.

To get my budget under control (probably something I should have done before buying a house...)
header.jpg

To practice developing my land, adding on and decorating my house.
header1.jpg

To pillage and plunder the surrounding area.
header3.jpg

To help prepare for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.
header2.jpg
You should get Hatred so you know what's coming when wannabe goths break into your new house.

I absolutely loved Trine 2, but I will not support Early Access.

Disgusts me how many devs are doing this crap.
Couldn't you just do some research before buying an EA game just like you would any other game that comes out?

If crappy behaviour in game development keeps you from buying games I'm surprised you buy any games. Games not being in EA certainly didn't help any, it just kept you in the dark. At least in EA you can see what game you're getting.

Couldn't you just do some research before buying an EA game just like you would any other game that comes out?

If crappy behaviour in game development keeps you from buying games I'm surprised you buy any games. Games not being in EA certainly didn't help any, it just kept you in the dark. At least in EA you can see what game you're getting.
You can see what you're getting??

I still have to pay for it in early access, so this statement makes 0 sense.

There have been very few Early Access games that were worth playing. Darkest Dungeon is one and my friend (who has spent dozens of hours on it) says Kerbal Space Program is too. It actually just came out of EA.

There have been very few Early Access games that were worth playing. Darkest Dungeon is one and my friend (who has spent dozens of hours on it) says Kerbal Space Program is too. It actually just came out of EA.
I liked rust. Idk why I even bought it, but I have over 150hours in to lol.

H1Z1 was the last EA game I said I would buy -.- (not a fan of it)

I love playing KF2 in EA. What can I say, I wanted to play it since they announced it. Same with Carmageddon, it is a bit broken, but really fun.

If it is a game and/or a dev you really like, it's a good way to show your support and see how the game evolve though time.

If it is unknown to you, I think a research is needed in order to know if you'll support the game through EA.

I absolutely loved Trine 2, but I will not support Early Access.

Disgusts me how many devs are doing this crap.
I think it's not good in some cases. With some games, it almost feels like a rudderless ship. And when I saw a Trine game in EA I thought that the series had such a rigid formula that EA almost seemed stupid.

However, looking it over, I see that they're moving some of the gameplay into the third dimension this time and are looking for feedback to make it right. I've changed my mind and think it's probably a good thing in this case. In fact, now that I've looked at the video, I'm putting Trine 3 on my wishlist.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can see what you're getting??

I still have to pay for it in early access, so this statement makes 0 sense.
Of course you can see what you're getting, there's no NDA or anything, there's youtube/twitch gameplay video's, previews, official forums full of information on the current state of the game etc. Once a game is on EA it's out in the open.

And ... you feel you should get to play for free? Or what's your point there?

Of course you can see what you're getting, there's no NDA or anything, there's youtube/twitch gameplay video's, previews, official forums full of information on the current state of the game etc. Once a game is on EA it's out in the open.

And ... you feel you should get to play for free? Or what's your point there?
It's a joke that you have to pay to bug test a game for a developer. They have staff for that kind of shit...hence why we pay them.

GameAgent has Borderlands Pre-Sequel for 67% off ($20 or $36 with Season Pass).  No idea on if it's been priced same/cheaper before but whatever.  Need to have an account and log into the dashboard to see the sale price.

cxNun8l.jpg

So formerly 3DS & Wii U exclusive, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is coming to Steam for $20 this Friday.

Wayforward has today announced that Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse will be released on Steam this Friday, April 24. Priced at $19.99, the Steam version features controller support, achievements, Trading Cards, Badges, Emoticons, unlockable backgrounds, multiple endings and an original soundtrack by Jake “Virt” Kaufman. The game was formerly available exclusively on Wii U and 3DS.
Also, Risky's Revenge DX is heading to 3DS/Wii U in exchange.

It's a joke that you have to pay to bug test a game for a developer. They have staff for that kind of shit...hence why we pay them.
At least these devs have the courtesy to tell you the game isn't polished or finished up.

Try getting EA, Activision, Blizzard, Ubisoft, Squeenix, or any of the other big companies to do that for their big releases. Nope. :)

Ahhh, now I understand. You think you're paying to get to bug test a game. Maybe you're confusing it with the people who bugtest games, the ones that actually *have* to do that. The people who buy Early access don't have to do diddly. They don't have to bug test anything. They can just play what's there and not turn in any reports.

Of course, it's likely they'll run into bugs, but then I assume someone who bought an EA game would be fully aware of that fact before he even bought it since, well, it's kind of obvious that a game still in development would have bugs. (and let's face it, there's no game that gets released that doesn't have bugs, even if they aren't in or ever had EA).

Dungeon of the Endless was EA. It improved noticeably throughout its development because the devs listened to feedback after each feature they implemented.

Lots of crummy indie devs use it as a cash grab, sure. But there's been several where Early Access has done exactly what it's supposed to: improve the underlying game.

Buyer beware.

New Win/MacGameStore bundle. Surprise, it's terrible.

WinGameStore Bundle #2

$1 for:

Truffle Saga

Space Farmers

Racer 8

Fist of Jesus

Litil Divil

$4 for:

Grimind

Gold Rush! Anniversary (the only decent game in this bundle)

Melissa K. and The Heart of Gold CE

The 39 Steps

International Snooker

All the games are available as DRM-free too, which is a nice touch but.. meh.

I think its generally pretty easy to tell what ea games are "legit" users of the program, and which are crappy cash grabs. Personally I don't see why anybody would want to play a beta for a single player game, though. It makes sense for something like Killing Floor, where the enjoyment is from multiplayer matches, but I don't see why anybody would want to lessen their experience through a single player campaign by playing a non-finished version. 

New Win/MacGameStore bundle. Surprise, it's terrible.

WinGameStore Bundle #2

$1 for:

Truffle Saga

Space Farmers

Racer 8

Fist of Jesus

Litil Divil

$4 for:

Grimind

Gold Rush! Anniversary (The only decent game in this bundle)

Melissa K. and The Heart of Gold CE

The 39 Steps

International Snooker

All the games are available as DRM-free too, which is a nice touch but.. meh.
$1 tier is OK since 3 have cards. I already have all the games so I imagine people here have at least most of them.

What is Steam Link? Is it like a PS TV but for Steam?

EDIT: Sort of... hmmm.... Seems kind of useful if you're not gaming on a laptop. 

I recommend Hearthfire, so you can mod your house to include a swimming pool filled with naked elves.

What is Steam Link? Is it like a PS TV but for Steam?

EDIT: Sort of... hmmm.... Seems kind of useful if you're not gaming on a laptop.
I don't know much about PS TV but I think that is a different concept. The SteamLink will allow you to stream the games on your home PC to your TV is my understanding.

I think this is something I will buy for those times when I've been sitting in my office all day working and want a change of scenery for the gaming at night.

It sure is easier than unplugging everything from my full size tower and moving that to the family room.

It sure is easier than unplugging everything from my full size tower and moving that to the family room.
This. This applies to me, and I'm sure a lot of other people too, as I have my PC (connected via ethernet cable) in my bedroom, and my TV out in a completely different room.

My tower has a wireless option but it's just a pain in the ass. For $50 I can avoid all that hassle forever? Sold.

Dungeon of the Endless was EA. It improved noticeably throughout its development because the devs listened to feedback after each feature they implemented.

Lots of crummy indie devs use it as a cash grab, sure. But there's been several where Early Access has done exactly what it's supposed to: improve the underlying game.

Buyer beware.
What? This is CAG. Caveat whinor.

At least these devs have the courtesy to tell you the game isn't polished or finished up.

Try getting EA, Activision, Blizzard, Ubisoft, Squeenix, or any of the other big companies to do that for their big releases. Nope. :)
Isn't that one of many reasons why we #CAG's try not to buy too many games ASAP at premium pricing anymore?

EDIT:

$1 tier is OK since 3 have cards. I already have all the games so I imagine people here have at least most of them.
They should've put RealMyst: Masterpiece in the $1 tier. :p

Not a wrestling fan, but WWE 2K15 is apparently one of the worst WWE games in years, but the PC version has the benefit of all the DLC (though some of it will be provided as a free update post-launch).

Upon searching the term "early access" on Steam, 149 of 218 results have 70% or greater positive reviews. Most early access games are pretty well received, not a simple cash grab. Whether you agree with the concept of early access or not, its success and reception by users has solidified its place as a part of the game industry for the foreseeable future.

It is bad if you've played previous games in the series. I've been craving a decent wrestling PC game for awhile. Grumpy Cat vs Lil Bub mods please

I asked about this yesterday, and it turns out Killing Floor 2 IS now up at GMG. The discount code, however, is not redeemable. Looks like i wait till full release and a sale.

Upon searching the term "early access" on Steam, 149 of 218 results have 70% or greater positive reviews. Most early access games are pretty well received, not a simple cash grab. Whether you agree with the concept of early access or not, its success and reception by users has solidified its place as a part of the game industry for the foreseeable future.
Well, that's just straight-up depressing.

Where are the hamburgers? Won't somebody please think of the hamburgers?

"Early Access" is just another way of saying, "I don't quite know what I'm doing when it comes to game design and I'm too lazy to learn but I still want to feel like a part of the process so I'm supporting this game and giving it positive reviews so I can feel like I'm contributing something important."

Switch around a few words, and it works for developers, too.

Reposting this from the Keys Added group:

Keys for Will Fight for Food: Super Actual Sellout: Game of the Hour are now available for people who bought the game at Gamersgate, and the dev has said he's distributed keys to all vendors. Groupees and the like should have them shortly.

This was also in a Groupees Shinyloot bundle (I suppose most people here got it through that), and ShinyLoot should also have keys already.

Reposting this from the Keys Added group:

Keys for Will Fight for Food: Super Actual Sellout: Game of the Hour are now available for people who bought the game at Gamersgate, and the dev has said he's distributed keys to all vendors. Groupees and the like should have them shortly.

This was also in a Groupees Shinyloot bundle (I suppose most people here got it through that), and ShinyLoot should also have keys already.
I just checked and Will Fight for Food was in the Groupees Shiny Loot 2 Bundle. So I went to my Shinyloot games and they only list a Desura. Then I checked my Desura collection to see what key is listed and it's just the same Desura key. Groupees obviously only lists the shiny loot key. :whee:

y u mak mee go inn cricles?

One good one that comes to mind is UnEpic. Its a comical metroidvania-style game. I played it non-stop when it was in Early Access.

Apparently they added a ton of features to it since I stopped playing it. I haven't played it since it officially released. ...UnEpic was a good egg.

Grim Dawn is another good one. Its making slow progress with its additions, so I haven't played it in a while. I can say that I was pleased with what I played of it.

One EA game I got burned by was DieselStormers. I thought it looked kinda cool and the comments in the Community Hub made the game seem like it was decent. I got it to play with my buddy, but the game was in a real early stage. So, it wasn't very fun. All I can do is hope that its actually good once its released.

I love playing KF2 in EA. What can I say, I wanted to play it since they announced it. Same with Carmageddon, it is a bit broken, but really fun.

If it is a game and/or a dev you really like, it's a good way to show your support and see how the game evolve though time.

If it is unknown to you, I think a research is needed in order to know if you'll support the game through EA.
I only played KF2 EA for an hour last night, but hot-DAMN did it make me happy. Its the perfect game for Early Access because of how repetitive the gameplay is (I mean that in a good way). I remember playing the same level over and over for hours in KF1.

Where is the dislike button?

I just checked and Will Fight for Food was in the Groupees Shiny Loot 2 Bundle. So I went to my Shinyloot games and they only list a Desura. Then I checked my Desura collection to see what key is listed and it's just the same Desura key. Groupees obviously only lists the shiny loot key. :whee:

y u mak mee go inn cricles?
http://www.shinyloot.com/will-fight-for-food

That says Steam keys coming soon. But it didn't say coming soon when I checked, maybe they hit a snag?

My WFFF Steam keys are already up on ShinyLoot. Both of them, since I have two copies of the game...

bread's done
Back