Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
You say that like it's a good thing. :p
Fixed.

It makes sense for CDP - they want more sales + profits directly from GOG, not GMG.

For the consumer - it's obvious GMG's the way to go, if you don't mind a Non-Steam version; and you don't mind spending that kind of $ on a new game.

For me - I will wait for better sales on both a new video-card purchase + TW3.
Oh my god, I had no idea. You have no idea how much it helps for you to have explained the intricacies of consumer vs. distributor capitalism to me.

I guess we have no need to worry about toasternet becoming self-aware anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
No it's not fixed. Steam or GTFO. What does this look like the friggin GOG thread?

As for 'Oh maybe they did the hairdos and swords in the meantime while the game was being finalized bla bla' Sure. Or maybe they just made free 'DLC' that they could have just packed in the game to show how great they supposedly are. At least wait a week or two to release that shit. Otherwise it looks tacky.

Though I haven't agreed with CDP's decisions as of late the DLC/paid expansion stuff they've been talking about for several months well before announcing the season pass.

"Any additional content is called DLC, whether it’s one sword or some costume options or a full expansion pack. I really look at it differently. For me DLC is the smaller bits and pieces, and we will never charge for those things. However, if we do a big adventure—say, 15 or 20 hours long, a very high production value story extension to the game—then we will probably charge for that.”

"Should we decide to do some big expansions or something, we’ll expect gamers to pay for it. But again, it’s all value for money. I think $15-$20 for new gameplay is a pretty honest and fair deal. But additional weapons and fixes, those of course come as part of the package."
To me - DLC is anything extra-content for an already established game that you can download, no matter what it is. Often, it's pay-DLC. GTA4, Dishonored, KOA:R, and Skyrim have proved to the world that DLC's can be pretty much anything - could be small content pieces/items/equipment/junk/skins/other garbage; Episodic-sized content (think like the Half-Life 2 episodes); and full-blown expansion packs.

Hearts of Stone DLC/expansion/whatever is supposed 10 hours, which doesn't even fit their "15-20 hour" expansion requirement...yet Blood + Wine supposedly does fit the criteria (approx. 20 hours).

Will it be worth $25? Yeah, probably - but I'm a #CAG and I likely ain't gonna be aiming to pay that kind of price-tag.

CDP try to be champions for "better business" practices, but their marketing been failing miserable at it. They should've just said, "We're going to do DLC's + expansions like any other company...and charge for them" - since that's basically what they're doing here; not try to spin things like they've been doing.

Except if you're doing a sword or hairdo or whatever and it's ready when the game is (ie day one) then why they hell is it 'free DLC' and not just part of them game? Seems like PR smoke and mirror shenanigans.

Also big campaign or whatever still the whole idea of paying ahead of time for a 'season pass' of DLC that isn't even done yet is kind of shady. It's the publisher gladly paying you Tuesday for a hamburger today. It's the norm now so going against it is swimming upstream, but so is doing an AAA game DRM free.

If you're going to paint yourself as this huge ethical gaming company and throw shade at everyone else then you really don't get a get out of jail free card when you suddenly start adopting some of their more questionable practices.
I don't really have a problem necessarily with anything CDRP has done, it's the perception that bugs me.

Omg free skins and hairstyles that are obviously done for pr because, let's face it, it's not like releasing them with game is intensive enough where it would have to push the game back...OMG AMAZING!!!

"All dlc should be free...except these because they're substantial expansion packs..." OH CDRP IS SO GREAT REMEMBER WHEN DLC WAS LARGE EXPANSIONS

To me, dlc is dlc. It's free or it's not. You don't get to say "oh well these don't count because they are substantial." Since Oblivion, Bethesda has released pretty much nothing but substantial expansions for Elder Scrolls and Fallout and still horse armor gets brought up all the time. CDRP is jumping on the same ship with season passes and paid dlc that everybody else is/has, which I have no problem with, really. It's more the incessant slobbering over a company that has developed two decent, but flawed games, provided us with free skins that could easily be packed in the game and is pretty transparent pr, and then utilizes the season pass model and paid dlc and says "oh this isn't REALLY dlc."

Rating content in terms of hours is stupid. A 10 hour DLC for Bayonetta would be BAYONETTA 2.

A 10 hour DLC for an RPG is two zones because then they can just record 8 hours of people talking and two quests that require you to walk all over the map with no fast travel because muh immersion muh hardcore no quest arrows no casuals aloud.

Is Ziggurat actually any good? I had been contemplating buying it on Xbox One. But seeing how incredibly bad I thought Towers of Guns was, I have reservations about Ziggurat. Yes, it's different setting and enemy wise, but the gameplay looks similar. I also heard it's just as buggy,

I enjoyed Ziggurat more than Tower of Guns and I actually liked Tower of Guns. still not as good as a real game but it at least felt like a real first person shooter with attacks you could dodge reliably rather than ToG's random crap.

Still, the RNG is horrendous. Unless they patched it, you might never see more than one other weapon, or three different weapons that all go in the same slot so you never get to hold more than the two weapons. And at the end of it all it will just remind you of Doom mixed with Serious Sam with even less interesting level design than both games. (And I've taken dumps with better level design than Serious Sam levels so that's saying something.)

Um... about that. This seems to be a port of the iOS / Android "Hello Kitty Kruisers".

http://scarabentertain.com/hello-kitty-kruisers.html

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a strong RPG experience, but it might be decent enough for younger players to get the hang of the basics.

A lot of folks called them out on their shit at the GOG forums. We were ignored and countered with PR misdirection. As usual.

CD PR is not the same company they were when I first started using GOG. Money makes the world go round...
at least, your post was still there and they responded to it.

I once posted in Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown Steam forum, asking if the developers were the same ppl who did Jagged Alliance Online. For those who are not familiar with Jagged Alliance series, JAO is a cash in online version of Jagged Alliance: Back In Action, which already was a terrible remake of Jagged Alliance), I got a bunch of white knights jumping in, calling me for trolling and then the thread got deleted.

the real kicker is one of the white knights say something really memorable, "You can't judge current project based on past content"..

WTF , then you applied for job w/o resume?

Xbox One.
camera-guy.gif

Or you know... they could... maybe... if it suits them... patch it. You know so everyone gets to enjoy the same bugfixes.
It would be really funny if a majority of DS2 players are using DS2Fix; wind-up w/ "softbans"; and still are the ones mostly playing together.

It'll be funny when From Software later looks at their players stats and realize 90% of the players are playing on the "softban" servers.

What's with everyone using urine font color instead of yellow? :shame:
It all started with MysterD and his 2002 Compaq CRT computer monitor that can't correctly display the differences in hue between urine font and YCS.

Notice how I didn't use YCS? That's because it's 100% true.

Well Reddit banned Greenmangaming for integrity or some shit, never mind that they promote the hell out of 'Nuveem' (since everyone else seems to call it that anyway) and McDonaldsinOregoning from Amazon, when they actually were running deals worth a damn.

As one might imagine there is hang wringing, pants shitting, ass kissing and the usual Reddit asshattery.

Well Reddit banned Greenmangaming for integrity or some shit, never mind that they promote the hell out of 'Nuveem' (since everyone else seems to call it that anyway) and McDonaldsinOregoning from Amazon, when they actually were running deals worth a damn.

As one might imagine there is hang wringing, pants shitting, ass kissing and the usual Reddit <continent redacted>asshattery.
I think it has more to do with Nuuvems keys come from legit sources and GMG wont say where theirs come from.

While buying from Nuuevem is suspect, the validity of the keys was never in question.

So is GMG getting their keys from stolen Russian shipments?  Speaking of stolen shipments, and on the completely unrelated to Steam note, I ordered a weight rack from Wallmart.com (yeah yeah) about a week ago, didn't arrive when they said it would, contacted them and they told me the shipment got 'lost.'  Not sure how you lose a 65 pound box but there you have it.  Anyway, I give credit to Wallmart, on a Saturday afternoon they responded to my website e-mail in ~5 minutes and my request for a refund in another 10 or so.  Of course then I turned around and ordered it from Amazon who had matched Wallmart's price by now and don't charge tax.

As one might imagine there is hang wringing, pants shitting, ass kissing and the usual Reddit <continent redacted>asshattery.
Another reason I'm happily not a reddit user. This is just so lame and I've lost respect for the dev for airing out this dispute in public and lying about how everything went down.

well, let me play the devil's advocate here.

GoG is a game publisher and they like to have control over their intellectual property as well as where/when to have promotion.  With GMG buying keys from un-disclosed sources, GMG is free to dictate when to run promotional discount and how much the discount would be.

Certainly, this wouldn't fare well with GoG or any publishers for it matters. I would say there's etiquette and rule of engagement in the game publishing world and GMG just violate it.

GoG is a game publisher and they like to have control over their intellectual property as well as where/when to have promotion. With GMG buying keys from un-disclosed sources, GMG is free to dictate when to run promotional discount and how much the discount would be.

Certainly, this wouldn't fare well with GoG or any publishers for it matters. I would say there's etiquette and rule of engagement in the game publishing world and GMG just violate it.
Sure, but that's not anything the consumer needs to be involved with or even know about. That's where they lose my respect. And they already refused to sell GMG Witcher 3 keys directly so what does GMG have to lose? That's all they publish outside of GOG.

GoG is a game publisher and they like to have control over their intellectual property as well as where/when to have promotion. With GMG buying keys from un-disclosed sources, GMG is free to dictate when to run promotional discount and how much the discount would be.

GMG's business revolves around aggressive pre-order pricing. Those 25%/30%/35% discounts are what drive people back to their store, and what attracts new customers. TW3 probably is one of the biggest launches of the year, and GMG got shut out by CDPR. What should they have done? Ignore the game entirely?

I'm not condoning them running around scraping up keys from wherever, but I understand why they did it. GMG absolutely needs those big name titles. Hell, lots of people actually put up with Rockstar Social Club as a game download service just to grab a few bucks off GTA V.

GMG's business revolves around aggressive pre-order pricing. Those 25%/30%/35% discounts are what drive people back to their store, and what attracts new customers. TW3 probably is one of the biggest launches of the year, and GMG got shut out by CDPR. What should they have done? Ignore the game entirely?

I'm not condoning them running around scraping up keys from wherever, but I understand why they did it. GMG absolutely needs those big name titles. Hell, lots of people actually put up with Rockstar Social Club as a game download service just to grab a few bucks off GTA V.
well, now gmg's reputation takes a hit, because of witcher 3. i wonder in the future if either side is going to do business with each other, if there is a witcher 4 game.

Sure, but that's not anything the consumer needs to be involved with or even know about. That's where they lose my respect. And they already refused to sell GMG Witcher 3 keys directly so what does GMG have to lose? That's all they publish outside of GOG.
well, since private talk doesn't stop un-authorized sales, i guess public shaming is the next step. I wish that there'd be no drama if everyone follow etiquette and rule of engagement.

and no, I haven't heard about this until someone brought it up in this thread. GMG's conduct might scare other publishers from participating next year.

above are just my speculation. I am not here to defend or white knight GoG or GMG

well, not much
I have a problem finishing, apparently.
It's ok, man, It doesn't make you less of a man
well, not much

Finally, a RPG to finally (try to) compete w/ Sonic + All Stars Racing Transformed!
Finally.
Finally

This is a tough crowd. What have I gotten myself into dabbling in PC gaming?
In for a penny, in for approximately $1,000 in game bundles per year.

Look, I'm ex-chanese so I hate reddit more than any six of the next gusy but you gotta remember reddit isn't monolithic. Each reddit is its own thing. One reddit site banning GMG is just one admin being a giant EDIT: DUMBSHIT and shilling hard for GoG/CDPR.

Remember, "BRO TIER DEVELOPER GUISE." Remember PRECISELY what that bought them here and remember why that's a marketing strategy for them that yields dividends and then you'll see why they hem and haw about DLC. Being considered BRO TIER DEVELOPER is worth more than Ubisoft spends on advertising.

I've never considered reviews to be biased by bribes. It's possible, but it's so much more likely they're biased by ego. Bribe bias is immediately obvious. But ego bias fools the reviewer himself. Being "BRO TIER DEVELOPER" is worth more than a hundred bribes in that regard.

Look, I'm ex-chanese so I hate reddit more than any six of the next gusy but you gotta remember reddit isn't monolithic. Each reddit is its own thing. One reddit site banning GMG is just one admin being a giant faggot and shilling hard for GoG/CDPR.

Remember, "BRO TIER DEVELOPER GUISE." Remember PRECISELY what that bought them here and remember why that's a marketing strategy for them that yields dividends and then you'll see why they hem and haw about DLC. Being considered BRO TIER DEVELOPER is worth more than Ubisoft spends on advertising.

I've never considered reviews to be biased by bribes. It's possible, but it's so much more likely they're biased by ego. Bribe bias is immediately obvious. But ego bias fools the reviewer himself. Being "BRO TIER DEVELOPER" is worth more than a hundred bribes in that regard.
Post deletion in 3...2....1.....

Seriously dude, did you learn nothing from your last slanted comment?

For what it's worth, I didn't report you either time. Not my style.

I agree with most of the rest of what you said, specifically the bro-tier stuff.

I think reviewers can be biased by "gifts" and pressure not to be blacklisted though. Smaller reviewers might get money as well like in that big EA YouTube scandal thing.

Hell I can't even use the really not that big of a deal slur for Italians without getting riported and I am one for Christ's sake.

Lately I get riported for even mentioning that continent on the other side of the Atlantic.

bread's done
Back