Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Pretty good review of Hatred (coming to a non Humble Bundle near you, soon).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbkyD4IMH3M

That's a good sign, but according to the market listings they can't be traded or listed on the market for one week.

Doubtless it's something to do with gems and the Valve tax scheme.
I crafted all my badges this morning and have around 105 mystery cards in my inventory. They're only non-tradable if you used a non-trade able card to craft the badge.

If you've had card sets sat in your inventory for weeks/months/years, they won't spawn a trade-locked mystery card.

Now, all we need to do is make our minds up about whether to cash out of gems or not. They're up around 12% over the last 24 hours. If there's no gem event this summer it'll cause another crash like the one we saw when currencies got locked down.

Hmmm.

I crafted all my badges this morning and have around 105 mystery cards in my inventory. They're only non-tradable if you used a non-trade able card to craft the badge.

If you've had card sets sat in your inventory for weeks/months/years, they won't spawn a trade-locked mystery card.

Now, all we need to do is make our minds up about whether to cash out of gems or not. They're up around 12% over the last 24 hours. If there's no gem event this summer it'll cause another crash like the one we saw when currencies got locked down.

Hmmm.
We'll know by Monday. Winter sale, the Gem event began on the Monday the week of the sale. Its probably a good bet that if the auction doesn't occur by then, its probably not going to happen.

to the market listings they can't be traded or listed on the market for one week.
Not the case, just to reiterate Flowette:

If you bought any cards to finish a set and they were under the trade lock, the mystery card will be locked for a week. Likely you probably bought some (it happened to me too) within the last day or so, so the items received from that badge are locked.

I had a few badges ready and waiting and all the mystery cards from them were marketable immediately.

is Tony going to give us a spreadsheet of all the amazon deals?

Paddington_bear_3094087a.jpg

We'll know by Monday. Winter sale, the Gem event began on the Monday the week of the sale. Its probably a good bet that if the auction doesn't occur by then, its probably not going to happen.
I have a sneaky feeling that we won't get a gem event AND a card meta-event. I've been piling spare cash into gems for the last few months but now I'm wondering if it's time to take some profit.

The gem auction was too awesome. The cynic in me suspects we won't see it again, at least not until Christmas. I do hope I'm wrong.

I have a sneaky feeling that we won't get a gem event AND a card meta-event. I've been piling spare cash into gems for the last few months but now I'm wondering if it's time to take some profit.

The gem auction was too awesome. The cynic in me suspects we won't see it again, at least not until Christmas. I do hope I'm wrong.
I'm definitely a Valve-cynic especially after that weaksauce Winter sale that had virtually nothing going on other than those lame elf cards, but that cynicism is fueling the feeling that I think there will be another auction.

Why else keep gems around forever if they're not going to do more w/ them? Just for crafting booster packs? I lean to think the auction is happening again.

Assassin Creed: Rouge is 75% off in Amazon. Sorry can't link I'm using mobile CAG.
Have to dig around on Amazon to find shit (because...Amazon), so far seems most of the deals are matching historical lows. Some of em:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete: $12.50 (matches non-euro lowest, iirc)

Prototype 2: $9.99 (matches non-euro lowest)

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition: $5.00 (been on sale around this price before, like a lot)

Duck Dynasty: $9.99 (Had to mention it. Not it's lowest, but do you really care?)

And some other stuff I didn't care about so didn't post. Well doesn't explain why Prototype 2 is on there (as I also don't care about it) but meh.

Tempted to blow some Bing/SB cash on the XCOM thing, still annoyed I never picked it up and even if it's lower on Steam next week, this way it's free.
Technically, the Prototype pack with 1 & 2 and the Radnet DLC that Tony ran in November 2012 for $7.50 was the lowest price for it. But still this is a lot better of a sale than they've had in a long time. And it's not even simple price matches to Steam's sale.

I'm almost tempted on Ass Rouge* but UPlay key and also I feel like they've been cranking them out so frequently lately that the quality has suffered. I guess they want it to be like a yearly sports franchise, only for cutting a bitch.

* intentional misspelling :p

The Bard's Tale IV kickstarter is now live for those interested. $20 is pretty solid deal for it plus Wasteland 2.
Even so, twenty bucks is quite an expensive way to add just +2 to your backlog.

Also, you totally suck at Cargo Commander. Motiv told me so.

*runs and hides*

Also, I love the fact that the Amazon sale has items at 75% off in the 50% Off or More selection, but not in the 70% Off or More selection.

Thanks Jeff.

Edit: And it appears that in the Uplay sale, some items are hidden on individual lines unless you click the scroll arrow or 'View All' tab. Because they totally needed to conserve page real estate.

Thanks Geoff?

Last edited by a moderator:
$20 tier is limited for anyone curious, and it seems that it'll likely sell out.. even at 15,000 copies.

Oh, and here's the link.
Went ahead and got it. I hope Wasteland 2 looks good in my library.

Edit: 2017! fuck, I really need to read these things! Oh well.

I'm almost tempted on Ass Rouge* but UPlay key and also I feel like they've been cranking them out so frequently lately that the quality has suffered. I guess they want it to be like a yearly sports franchise, only for cutting a bitch.
AC: Rogue is (by any accounts I've heard) better than Unity. Not as pretty since it was made for the last gen consoles and uses the same engine as Black Flag but the game itself is better in plot and game play. No harm in waiting, of course, but it sounds like a pretty solid game if you like that sort of thing.

re: BT4 Kick

Maybe these guys will actually be on time but I feel like lately every Kickstarter I backed two years ago is making posts like Oops! We thought we'd be done and we're nowhere near, but hey we finally rendered the main character's hat!

AC: Rogue is (by any accounts I've heard) better than Unity. Not as pretty since it was made for the last gen consoles and uses the same engine as Black Flag but the game itself is better in plot and game play. No harm in waiting, of course, but it sounds like a pretty solid game if you like that sort of thing.
Unity is definitely in my $5 or GTFO category based on what I've heard, but I did like Black Flag a lot.

I dunno, I'll think about it. It's a decent deal and from Amazon even. Too bad I already used my $10 in Bing points on a discount for that PSN weeaboo potion mixing simulator.

pass on AS: Rogue

1. Uplay.. I have all my AS on Steam and like to keep it consistent

2. 75% off on $59.99 retail.  WTF.. this game retail for $60?!??!?!? are we in console land here?  And this is just spin off, not the main entry

3. not enough Bing $$ accumulated

4. $15 for Deluxe.. (vomit).. I never paid more than $10 for AS series (except Black Flag Gold Edition but Black Flag was the best in the franchise)

5. Will likely be the same price on Steam Summer Sale.. 

6. Backlog baby...

Dragon Age Inquisition is featured at Amazon but the price doesn't appear to have flipped yet. I will let you know when it flips and obviously will be 5 dollars. Really looking forward to adding that to my Steam account. If not maybe they will sell a GoG Galaxy key

too bad I already used my $10 in Bing points on a discount for that PSN weeaboo potion mixing simulator.
what weeaboo potion mixing simulator?

if ur into that kinda game, try the Witcher 1 alchemy. It's fun, educational and will get the in-game girls off their feet

Rogue is basically Black Flag on ice.  Sailing and capturing forts and stuff off the Canadian coast.  I think you get free health care as well.  It got short shrift under Unity's shadow but, in retrospect, Rogue was the decent game and Unity the half-assed cash grab.

I dunno if it's worth $12.50 to me but your talk of cranking out the AC games (agreed) made it sound like you weren't familiar with Rogue.

Edit: When I say it's Black Flag on ice, I'm not kidding.  It reuses a lot of the same assets and mechanics from Black Flag.  But if you liked BF then maybe that's not a terrible thing (like Far Cry 3 vs FC4).

I went through all 65 pages of the Amazon sale so you don't have to!

There isn't a lot there that hasn't been mentioned yet. Star Trek for 3 bucks is probably worth a buy, AC Rogue for 12.50 is a really good deal at this point, but still pricey for a cag. There were about 10 (possibly more) different assassin creed bundles, all of them over priced. If assassins creed didn't exist instead of 65 pages there might only be 55.

Ass Rogue is absolutely excellent IMO.

Solid story and an interesting spin on the whole "Templars/Assassins" dynamic. The best way to describe Rogue without giving away any story is its the perfect mix of the best aspects of Ass III and Ass IV. I actually enjoyed things like taking over gang strongholds and I found sea battles even better than they were in Ass IV. Many characters from this timeframe in the series show up and there are some real surprises if you're familiar with the other games. If you're a casual Ass player, its probably a wait for you, but if you enjoy these games, its well worth a play. 75% off of 59.99 is an easy buy for me if I didn't already own it. Its a good Ass game. The PC version is the complete opposite of Ass Unity. Silky smooth and ran perfectly for me.

Rogue ties in well with Ass Unity too (the end game is masterfully done as far as Im concerned). I'm going to disagree vehemently with calling Ass Unity a "cash grab". Its a good iteration of the game, shamefully plagued by some technical problems and some poor design choices, but the story is one of the stronger in the series, and Paris is one of the best looking recreations in a game Ive ever seen. I havent played it in a while, but the last I did they had improved it technically in a lot of ways. It's a good Ass game that I'd put probably 4th in the Ass list, with Ass IV on top, Ass Ezio 2nd, Ass Rogue 3rd.

Ass III is still the worst Ass game for me in all respects except Haytham Kenway who may be my favorite character in the entire series.

Ass Rogue is absolutely excellent IMO.

Solid story and an interesting spin on the whole "Templars/Assassins" dynamic. The best way to describe Rogue without giving away any story is its the perfect mix of the best aspects of Ass III and Ass IV. I actually enjoyed things like taking over gang strongholds and I found sea battles even better than they were in Ass IV. Many characters from this timeframe in the series show up and there are some real surprises if you're familiar with the other games. If you're a casual Ass player, its probably a wait for you, but if you enjoy these games, its well worth a play. 75% off of 59.99 is an easy buy for me if I didn't already own it. Its a good Ass game. The PC version is the complete opposite of Ass Unity. Silky smooth and ran perfectly for me.

Rogue ties in well with Ass Unity too (the end game is masterfully done as far as Im concerned). I'm going to disagree vehemently with calling Ass Unity a "cash grab". Its a good iteration of the game, shamefully plagued by some technical problems and some poor design choices, but the story is one of the stronger in the series, and Paris is one of the best looking recreations in a game Ive ever seen. I havent played it in a while, but the last I did they had improved it technically in a lot of ways. It's a good Ass game that I'd put probably 4th in the Ass list, with Ass IV on top, Ass Ezio 2nd, Ass Rogue 3rd.

Ass III is still the worst Ass game for me in all respects except Haytham Kenway who may be my favorite character in the entire series.
That's a lot of ass.

I think I'll check out Rogue for that price. Thanks for the heads up.

So, for potential current, more possibly future reference...is the Deluxe Edition of RogueAss worth the current $2.50 price difference? Looks like it's mostly time saving and cosmetic DLC. It appears there's possibly two missions added? Thoughts?

Of course it's worth the $2.50.

That way, when you have a lady over and you're showing her your Uplay account, you can be all "And take a look... Deluxe Edition..." and she'll know you're the kind of guy who can pamper a special woman.

Can't wait for Ass Rogue to be 90% off during the Steam summer sale
But, I want it on Uplay.

[customspoiler=.]Seriously[customspoiler=.]No, really, I do[customspoiler=.]No ycs, I'm being for real[customspoiler=.]I could also still go for some nachos.[/customspoiler][/customspoiler][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

I went through all 65 pages of the Amazon sale so you don't have to!

There isn't a lot there that hasn't been mentioned yet. Star Trek for 3 bucks is probably worth a buy, AC Rogue for 12.50 is a really good deal at this point, but still pricey for a cag. There were about 10 (possibly more) different assassin creed bundles, all of them over priced. If assassins creed didn't exist instead of 65 pages there might only be 55.
I did the same thing and concur. If you want to pay $5 for Gauntlet or $3.75 for part of a 4-pack, that's on sale. Most everything else is garbage.

So, for potential current, more possibly future reference...is the Deluxe Edition of RogueAss worth the current $2.50 price difference? Looks like it's mostly time saving and cosmetic DLC. It appears there's possibly two missions added? Thoughts?
One mission "Sir Guns Armor Quest" consists of hunting down 20 crosses scattered througout the world so that you can then open up the closet/door/fort/room that holds the armor...mmmmmmm,yeahh......no thanks...

The other "Siege of Fort De Sable" looks like a fort location that unlocks with the DLC that allows you to pick up a few goodies....whoop-de-doo....

Eh, I'd skip it....

But, I want it on Uplay.

[customspoiler=.]Seriously[customspoiler=.]No, really, I do[customspoiler=.]No ycs, I'm being for real[customspoiler=.]I could also still go for some nachos.[/customspoiler][/customspoiler][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Da fuq is wrong with you. Now I want nachos

1ooks like fallout 4 is finally officially happening and will be announced

Http://kotaku.com/the-fallout-4-announcement-has-begun-170843416

Edit: dammit ggatd

Double edit: also apparently there's a rumor dark souls 3 will be announced at e3 with miyazaki back directing it. Between these two games this is probably already the most exciting e3 in memory for me. Double fakeybro action coming up in the future

bread's done
Back