Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
is Tony going to give us a spreadsheet of all the amazon deals?

Paddington_bear_3094087a.jpg
Ahhh, Tony and the spreadsheets.

Those were the good old Amazon DVG days...

As someone who has backed the last two Inexile projects, Wasteland 2 and Torment, I'm holding off on this one.

While Wasteland 2 was decent, it had some serious gameplay and balancing issues (some will be addressed in the GOTY version later this summer). I have a feeling Torment may have many of the same issues at launch. I hope they find success with Bard's Tale although it seems weird that they keep going to the Kickstarter well with every project.
Why would you stop? For video games, KS takes the place of a publisher who would usually make a large cash investment upfront in order to pay for overhead, salaries, etc. I don't know how large InXile is but it's probably big enough (15+ full time employees or more) that $1.25 million wouldn't even cover salaries for a year. Revenue from past titles are only going to take you so far... especially when you use KS to launch them and you've already had those sales taken out of the equation.

AC: Rogue is (by any accounts I've heard) better than Unity. Not as pretty since it was made for the last gen consoles and uses the same engine as Black Flag but the game itself is better in plot and game play. No harm in waiting, of course, but it sounds like a pretty solid game if you like that sort of thing.
Rogue is basically Black Flag on ice. Sailing and capturing forts and stuff off the Canadian coast. I think you get free health care as well. It got short shrift under Unity's shadow but, in retrospect, Rogue was the decent game and Unity the half-assed cash grab.

I dunno if it's worth $12.50 to me but your talk of cranking out the AC games (agreed) made it sound like you weren't familiar with Rogue.

Edit: When I say it's Black Flag on ice, I'm not kidding. It reuses a lot of the same assets and mechanics from Black Flag. But if you liked BF then maybe that's not a terrible thing (like Far Cry 3 vs FC4).
I loved AC4: Black Flag.

Was glad to pick up AC: Rogue for $0, thanks to Bing $ from Amazon DVG this morning. Rogue sounds like it's more Black Flag with a better story + twist on the Templars side - yeah, that sounds good to me.

I still need to buy a new video card at some point in time - so I can run AC: Unity, Witcher 3, and The Evil Within worth a damn.

EDIT:

I'm really curious about AC: Syndicate, since it's set in Victoria Era London - i.e. one of my favorite settings. I really hope they do all kinds of new features and whatnot for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon Age Inquisition is featured at Amazon but the price doesn't appear to have flipped yet. I will let you know when it flips and obviously will be 5 dollars. Really looking forward to adding that to my Steam account. If not maybe they will sell a GoG Galaxy key
I have around 59 hours approx. w/ Dragon Age: Inquisition, after the last 2-3 weeks or so. The game's fantastic, so far.

Good, I hope every "Indie Dev" is forced out of the "industry" and never returns. McDonald's will take them back, no question.
But what will be buy from Groupees?

But seriously, there's obviously great indie games. Rogue Legacy and FTL are the first to come to mind. And artificially increasing the length of a game is another issue entirely, and shouldn't be the solution to the 2-hour refund.

But seriously, there's obviously great indie games. Rogue Legacy and FTL are the first to come to mind. And artificially increasing the length of a game is another issue entirely, and shouldn't be the solution to the 2-hour refund.
Shhhh. Shh. Don't. Don't bother.

You can't reason with Bruticis. You can only nod and ignore.

OH, Skullgirls.  I've been looking at this one every time it goes on sale.  Now it's even a tad bit cheaper (80% rather than past 75%).

I just know when I buy it, it will be on the next Humble Bundle.

And artificially increasing the length of a game is another issue entirely, and shouldn't be the solution to the 2-hour refund.
Who says it needs a solution? We don't even know that it's a problem yet aside from one Cassandra developer portending doom. Refunds are enough of a boon to the consumer that it should be up to the developer to adjust if he thinks it'll be a problem. Longer games or a game that's replayable so you'll hold onto it or go publish on Desura instead.

Or use common sense that most people aren't going to bother running up a record of returns on $1.99 two hour indie games and getting themselves blacklisted over it.

Who says it needs a solution? We don't even know that it's a problem yet aside from one Cassandra developer portending doom. Refunds are enough of a boon to the consumer that it should be up to the developer to adjust if he thinks it'll be a problem. Longer games or a game that's replayable so you'll hold onto it or go publish on Desura instead.

Or use common sense that most people aren't going to bother running up a record of returns on $1.99 two hour indie games and getting themselves blacklisted over it.
whatever LOOKS LIKE IM OUT OF A JOB nobody is going to buy Tebow Spnasking Simoleattor 2015 and not get a refund when they're done

OH, Skullgirls. I've been looking at this one every time it goes on sale. Now it's even a tad bit cheaper (80% rather than past 75%).

I just know when I buy it, it will be on the next Humble Bundle.
why even buy that, when it is free to play for till sunday. makes no sense, unless you are planning to compete in the esport scene, which i doubt they even have.

1ooks like fallout 4 is finally officially happening and will be announced

Http://kotaku.com/the-fallout-4-announcement-has-begun-170843416

Edit: dammit ggatd

Double edit: also apparently there's a rumor dark souls 3 will be announced at e3 with miyazaki back directing it. Between these two games this is probably already the most exciting e3 in memory for me. Double fakeybro action coming up in the future
FO4 + Dark Souls 3 at E3 2015 sounds like an already EPIC E3 for RPG's.

I wonder what else will be shown at E3.

New games do not exist.  This does not exist.  It is only a figment of your imagination. 

Only +1s & 0s.

This is not a simulation.

Message terminated

... _ _ _ ...

why even buy that, when it is free to play for till sunday. makes no sense, unless you are planning to compete in the esport scene, which i doubt they even have.
But I can buy it then return it!

I'm definitely checking it out this weekend.

It would be easier to pirate than pay & request refund. (I suppose some will abuse just for sake of abusing.)
Or watch someone else play it on youtube.

Why would you stop? For video games, KS takes the place of a publisher who would usually make a large cash investment upfront in order to pay for overhead, salaries, etc. I don't know how large InXile is but it's probably big enough (15+ full time employees or more) that $1.25 million wouldn't even cover salaries for a year. Revenue from past titles are only going to take you so far... especially when you use KS to launch them and you've already had those sales taken out of the equation.
They should put Wasteland 2 up for $5 during the sale, make tons of money doing that :whistle2:

It's like the death penalty, if a few innocent people slip through the cracks and get the hot needle, so be it. It beats the alternative to not having one at all. I'm willing to sacrifice the 5 or so "good" indie games on Steam to purge the hoards of shovelware.

I love how he went and posted it on GOG like he knew he was full of shit so he had to find a place biased as hell where everyone already had their pitchforks out against Steam to find people to agree with him.

They should put Wasteland 2 up for $5 during the sale, make tons of money doing that :whistle2:
Be funny to see how many KS pledges they lose.

I think the real goal of allowing refunds is... this is their fix for Greenlight! Just let whatever terrible shit into the store because, hey, you can always get your money back if you catch it in time...

I can't think of any games off the top of my head I'd ask for a refund for (after quitting in disgust in under two hours).  Maybe M&B: Fire and Sword.  Although I probably would have pushed through four or five hours before I declared it awful.

In case you forgot, don't forget to do the Kickstarter for Bard's Tale 4... it's already half-way to it's goal... and you get the free game if you hurry up.

I'll skip the kickstarter and just wait for both of them to be $5 or bundled and backlog them then.

Meanwhile I have over 2000 other games to not play while I wait.

Well... yeah... it's kinda been 30 years. That said, Ultima 6 and 7 still beats the crap out of most similar modern games.
Yes and no. I love those games to death and they are still my favorites ever. The world building they did on the micro level was amazing even by modern standards.

That being said, I think there are a 'you had to be there' thing. People playing them now for the first time won't get it at all.

The complete Ultima VII is and was brilliant, though I suppose you'd have to rebuild it out of Minecraft blocks to get the youth of today to want to play with it.

Well... yeah... it's kinda been 30 years. That said, Ultima 6 and 7 still beats the crap out of most similar modern games.

Yes and no. I love those games to death and they are still my favorites ever. The world building they did on the micro level was amazing even by modern standards.

That being said, I think there are a 'you had to be there' thing. People playing them now for the first time won't get it at all.
still can't get the Ultima rage at all. but then again, I wasn't into RPG back then

bread's done
Back