Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm sure someone in this thread has played more Witcher 3 than I have, so I'll just throw this ? out there:

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego, no... can I find the diagrams to craft my own weapon and armor kits?

There's nothing worse than roaming the country side, hacking/slashing/dismembering, and then getting the little red weapon/armor highlight, but there's not a town nearby.
Ran across a merchant today who sold diagrams for weapon and armor kits, and a few rune diagrams. Pretty sure it was a merchant from an area I liberated from bandits/monsters/etc.

Might as well dump the few extra Indie Royale keys I have.  (in case of some catastrophic website implosion) :)

EN7T9-NBBDV-HEP43    ==  Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers

MQXP3-CCFK3-ZYBVM   === Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

Z02GA-8PAK8-N4TTK    ===  Spoiler Alert

8GRB5-WHEMK-CWP86   ==  Probably Archery

I only ever bought 3 bundles, so not many leftovers I'm afraid. 

aww.. damn.. went to play Men of War Assault 2.. came back and all keys are used.

serve me right for playing games..

thanks anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Thanks for the massive list of key drops Blade. I tried 6-7 of those that I didn't own but all were taken.

My spodering skills are terrible!

I'm so disappointed.

Steam is now charging Illinois sales tax. No idea why unless they're distributing their controllers and shitty overpriced 3rd party Linux boxes through the state or something. Amazon started charging tax here as well but that's because they actually have a distribution center in the state.
Someone on Reddit said that it was some law that ill-a-noise passed or some junk.

Of course it's Reddit so they could just be talking out of their ass while acting like they are the authority on the subject.

I'm sure someone in this thread has played more Witcher 3 than I have, so I'll just throw this ? out there:

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego, no... can I find the diagrams to craft my own weapon and armor kits?

There's nothing worse than roaming the country side, hacking/slashing/dismembering, and then getting the little red weapon/armor highlight, but there's not a town nearby.
Buy them. I have 18k gold @ level 17 right now without any exploits. I have nothing to spend money on even.

Even if you buy the schematics, you need an item from vendors to make them, which usually costs about 24 crowns anyways. You can find the pre-made repair kits for less than that some times.

Edit: Crafting is a little bit stupid in TW3.

Buy them. I have 18k gold @ level 17 right now without any exploits. I have nothing to spend money on even.

Even if you buy the schematics, you need an item from vendors to make them, which usually costs about 24 crowns anyways. You can find the pre-made repair kits for less than that some times.

Edit: Crafting is a little bit stupid in TW3.
I do, when I come across merchants selling them, but it seems that happens less and less. I'm only level 10 or so, but money's not a problem. It's availability, or lack of.

I do, when I come across merchants selling them, but it seems that happens less and less. I'm only level 10 or so, but money's not a problem. It's availability, or lack of.
(Meditate~)

I didn't. I fast traveled to shop to sell a lot, and ended up with a ton of repair kits. I have like 40 of the 15%, 25 of the 40%, and like 10 of the 90% ones. I stopped buying them cause it's more than I can use already.

I still feel like im missing something in the witcher. Level4-almost 5 and yet everything still kicks my ass, and this is only on the second level of difficulty. Swapped out my steel for one with bit better specs when I found it, but still. I can understand losing to some much higher ghouls, but like a pack of 4-5 level 6 drowners kicked my ass after like 2 hits and i was almost full health

I guess the simplest/obvious explanation is that i suck

I still feel like im missing something in the witcher. Level4-almost 5 and yet everything still kicks my ass, and this is only on the second level of difficulty. Swapped out my steel for one with bit better specs when I found it, but still. I can understand losing to some much higher ghouls, but like a pack of 4-5 level 6 drowners kicked my ass after like 2 hits and i was almost full health

Use Quen. And dodge instead of roll. And block a lot (I don't; I rely on dodge and Quen).

Packs are more of a pain. I get hit more by a pack of level 1 wild dogs than literally anything else. It takes them forever to break my Quen shield, but still.

If you're talking about that pack of drowners in white orchard by the road and near the water they kicked my butt the first time too. Once you figure out when to fast and strong attack, and how and when to dodge (double tap a wasd key) combat gets a lot easier. Mix in some signs and you'll be killing things 5+ levels above you.

Packs can be tricky but if you're patient you can usually draw one or two out at a time.

Thanks for the tips, ill give it a shot. It may be that same pack, I was headed in that direction during the baron quest and it was some special location on the map. Also didnt realize you could double tap to dodge, thought you had to use alt, so that should make that easier. I was also tryin to use igni instead of quen most of the time

Someone on Reddit said that it was some law that ill-a-noise passed or some junk.

Of course it's Reddit so they could just be talking out of their ass while acting like they are the authority on the subject.
Yeah, from some article I was too lazy to bother citing:

The Legislature this year passed a new law that required collection if the online retailer had a link on an Illinois merchant’s website or offered coupons and promotions in Illinois.

If you go on Steam's website now and click the Alienware Steam boxes, you get sent to Gamestop's website (with a brick and mortar presence in IL). Pretty sure that's what put them into the taxable category. We're not collecting tax from all online retailers -- I bought from Newegg yesterday and wasn't charged. So I was right: It's because of the shitty overpriced Linux boxes :whistle2:x

Thanks for the tips, ill give it a shot. It may be that same pack, I was headed in that direction during the baron quest and it was some special location on the map. Also didnt realize you could double tap to dodge, thought you had to use alt, so that should make that easier. I was also tryin to use igni instead of quen most of the time
I never used Dodge until I remapped it to a thumb button on my mouse. Actually, I didn't know you could double-tap either, I just found using Alt to be cumbersome so I found my own solution.

I found amateur armor/weapon repair kit diagrams in the first major town/mini-city you find. You have to get a permit to enter it, so you'll know it when you get there.

I know you all wanna talk about deals, Illinois, life being feudal and the demise of Desura, but can we all take a moment to reflect on Chris Tucker's work in The Fifth Element?

Thank you for your time.

The Fifth Element is one of those cultish movies that has a following but I just can't get into it.  I tried to watch it again recently (saw it in theaters way back when) and found it just unwatchable.

I haven't been on the Groupees website in a while. It has a place on my account for unused Steam keys. Is this reliable? Or does it expect me to check when I have used a key? I was looking at giving some keys away, but I would feel bad if they're actually already redeemed.

I haven't been on the Groupees website in a while. It has a place on my account for unused Steam keys. Is this reliable? Or does it expect me to check when I have used a key? I was looking at giving some keys away, but I would feel bad if they're actually already redeemed.
It relies on your having manually checked off the box used when you grabbed the keys. And anything really old before they did the site re-design is defaulted to unused because those check boxes weren't around then.

Short answer is if you haven't been to Groupees since before they added the used check box or you don't trust yourself to have always clicked the used check box at Groupees every time you redeemed a key then those may well already be used.

They want you to check when you've used a key. A lot of people don't do that, from what I gather. It's one of the better inventory managers out of all the bundles, really.

You have to manually mark the keys that you've used. Which means that some of these keys (possibly all of them) are used.

It relies on your having manually checked off the box used when you grabbed the keys. And anything really old before they did the site re-design is defaulted to unused because those check boxes weren't around then.

Short answer is if you haven't been to Groupees since before they added the used check box or you don't trust yourself to have always clicked the used check box at Groupees every time you redeemed a key then those may well already be used.
Thanks for the info. Very good to know. I'll probably just post a ton of keys at some point and let people redeem and figure out what they want, if the key is still good.

KDY6G-IEK97-MYNYB
M7XJQ-HDB5Y-ND32C

CFXKY-LGRL5-PY7MF

Y0GZF-IA4P0-7RI9Q

JNNDR-MJRCZ-74W94

ABZ50-R5624-06FWA

NG4XT-C3W8M-GC7IB

5TCJQ-F2YBJ-RM7QA

Q7ET0-TJRQ5-IVF9K

MIRT9-BZFGF-MVHE2

Daily Deals
80% off Indie Game The Movie Bundle - $7.99 (individual titles 80% off)
xUk3Q3O.jpg

So in case some of you aren't subscribed to the main thread at the Keys Added group, there's been several Steam keys added for Indie Royale/Desura in the last day or so. If you've got any of these you probably should grab those keys sooner rather than later to be on the safe side.

Voyage to Farland (IndieRoyale The Debut 18 Bundle)

Butsbal (IndieRoyale The Debut 26 Bundle)

Pixel Star (IndieRoyale The Debut 24 Bundle)

Bernie Needs Love** (LazyGuysStudio Starting 2015 Like a Boss Bundle*)

* Redeem the key from the bundle on Desura and get your Steam key at:

http://www.desura.com/games/bernie-needs-love/keys/

** No store page available at this time.
I know Bernie was also on some cheap sales by itself at Shiny Loot, itch.io etc. and should still have keys on Desura if anyone got it from those places as well. I got mine at Shiny Loot for 99 cents (shut up) and had a Steam key on Desura today.

Did you actually get Butsbal and Pixel Star keys added to your pages? We were talking about that the other day. Desura says to check IR, and IR only gives me the DRM-free versions.

They JUST added them like a half hour ago. So someone is still there. Probably Tony Novak from his hospital bed since he has no money to pay the employees.

Awesome!

Oh, and it looks like I already own Pixel Star? First thread regular to PM me gets it.

EDIT: Spoder spodered it.

bread's done
Back