Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Oh he actually does community outreach, just not with digital games. Most recently, he was providing info about Amazon's sale of the most recent set of amiibo to Reddit.
And quite poorly I might add. I'm still pissed off about the way Amazon handled Amiibos this wave.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, Legacy is a $14.99 downloadable-only game, whereas Anniversary was $39.99 at launch. The Legacy Collection also has a new Challenge Mode, which remixes content from all six games.
blah%20blah.gif

I know.. but I pine for those days... I mean.. I watch people on here go for Paradox stuff and snort because of that deal where it was their entire catalog (basically) for 10 bucks. I didn't PLAY their catalog (I've found I find their stuff way overly complicated) but if I paid only 50% off I'd have been mighty mad.
If i ever paid for a paradox game outside of a bundle i would never forgive myself and have an experimental surgery done where i graft a third arm onto my back so i could give myself lashings on a daily basis

Not to mention this is by Digital Eclipse.

You may know them by their other name: Other Ocean Interactive. You know, the guys that botched the PS4 port of Ultra Street Fighter IV.

Just when you thought DotEmu was the bottom of the barrel...

I take it back, Frank Cifaldi's involved, which means it'll be good. And if someone tries something he can beat them senseless.

So, I figured out that you can do 5 x $20 Steam Wallet from Best Buy and do in-store pick up on ebay using the $15 off coupon. That makes it so you don't need to add all $100 to one account. I might be interested in doing a split for the upcoming Steam sale where I would take probably 2 of them. They come out to $17 each this way and I would PM you the wallet code as soon as I pick them up so you can add them to your account. Pre-payment would be required too and I would restrict it to regs only. So if anyone is interested, PM me, I have 1 x $20 slots left (at $17 each).

Edit:

1 slot left!
You'd really go through all this trouble to save 3 bucks every 20 bucks?

You need a better job man :D

So, I figured out that you can do 5 x $20 Steam Wallet from Best Buy and do in-store pick up on ebay using the $15 off coupon. That makes it so you don't need to add all $100 to one account. I might be interested in doing a split for the upcoming Steam sale where I would take probably 2 of them. They come out to $17 each this way and I would PM you the wallet code as soon as I pick them up so you can add them to your account. Pre-payment would be required too and I would restrict it to regs only. So if anyone is interested, PM me, I have 1 x $20 slots left (at $17 each).

Edit:

1 slot left!
I can't believe we have been turned into console peasants for the summer sale where nothing we want will be on sale.

What about GCU? Wouldnt that make it 16.50 per card?

If i ever paid for a paradox game outside of a bundle i would never forgive myself and have an experimental surgery done where i graft a third arm onto my back so i could give myself lashings on a daily basis
Agreed, but Cities: Skyline is pretty a good SimCity alternative game and it's probably not going to be in a cheap bundle anytime soon. Its probably one of the few Paradox games I might have to get before it get in a bundle (if ever)

[quote name="Cheaplikeafox OS X" post="12732503" timestamp="1433786008"]Do you have any leads. I'm eating nothing but ramen noodles this month to pay for my Steam sale haul. [/quote]
You could become a gigolo like Tebow did.

Edit:

1 slot left!
Wish I'd seen this before placing my order, but I'm curious, how do you do in store pickup for this type of Best Buy purchase?

Aha, right there in the header of the listing. Damn.

Anyone a fan of I Have No Mouth and Must Scream?
That game is awesome.

I'm serious, I've almost finished it. It doesn't make any sense at all though.
Coincidentally, I'm going to be at my parents' house twice a week this summer as it's closer to my grad school internship. Last night was the first night I was here and I decided to take the time to dig into all the adventure games I never play since they'll actually run on my crappy laptop...started with I have no mouth. Pretty disturbing game so far, finished one of the character segments.

GOG?

ewwcooties.gif
Aww come on... It's cool rooting for the underdog. Taking on big bad Steam, we must stand tall!

All the cool kids are doing it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeS-Xb5u4-U[/youtube]

GOG is gonna need to add more games if they want me to continue caring about them. I've pretty much bought everything from them that I care to own. There's nothing left to buy. Besides indie bundle fodder, that is. And even I'm not crazy enough to buy that crap over there.

DRM free? Them be fightin words round here.

And seriously eww. What a PITA. No thanks. Give me (normal sane account based) DRM please.

Wait...there's such a thing as GOG credit? Is there any way to spoderbro it, or do I have to like...buy stuff?

GOG is gonna need to add more games if they want me to continue caring about them. I've pretty much bought everything from them that I care to own.
I bought a couple old nostalgia games over there. Then promptly forgot about them because they're on GOG. Also, I have new AAA junk to play without playing old MS-DOS games in 640x480 crap-o-vision.

GOG is gonna need to add more games if they want me to continue caring about them. I've pretty much bought everything from them that I care to own. There's nothing left to buy. Besides indie bundle fodder, that is. And even I'm not crazy enough to buy that crap over there.
Well they'd have to start letting more devs sell their games there instead of rejecting them.

Usually when I visit the site I see a "why did X game get rejected?" thread. And most of the time they're not talking about Hatred.

DRM free? Them be fightin words round here.

And seriously eww. What a PITA. No thanks. Give me (normal sane account based) DRM please.
Eh it's alright, they're all under a separate Gog games map, so that helps.

I guess it's more about the message. Pirating games is ridiculously easy, whether they have Steamworks drm or not.
But the fact that publishers put enough trust in consumers to actually allow their games to be sold completely free of drm, and also advertise them as such, I feel an initiative like that should be encouraged.

Eh it's alright, they're all under a separate Gog games map, so that helps.

I guess it's more about the message. Pirating games is ridiculously easy, whether they have Steamworks drm or not.
But the fact that publishers put enough trust in consumers to actually allow their games to be sold completely free of drm, and also advertise them as such, I feel an initiative like that should be encouraged.
A few devs stated on Twitter they are planning to add Steamworks DRM to their games to see if it reduces their refund rates. If it works I doubt you'll see many drm-free games on Steam in the future.

Right now a few devs on Twitter are planning to add Steamworks DRM to their games to see if it reduces their refund rates. If it works I doubt you'll see many drm-free games on Steam in the future.
Should I be confused by this post?

Edit - maybe I should clarify. Why would DRM be related to refund rates? Do more games with or without DRM get refunds?

bread's done
Back