Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The only thing I'm debating right now is Grimrock 2 and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Wolfenstein I might actually play (only reason I would consider it at 50%) but Grimrock 1 is still sitting in my backlog.

That being said, anyone have any recommendations for me?
Looks like you like old-school style dungeon-crawling turn-based RPG's and shooters.

Any other genres you might like?

Got a Steam WishList?

And if "yes" - anything 75% off on there that might appeal to you?

EDIT:

If you like horror-style first-person shooters and ain't played Metro 2033 + Metro: Last Light (Regular or Redux), go play those. Great stuff.

I only played regular editions of those; ain't bought Redux Ed's yet.

Far Cry 3's a really good open-world FPS + FC3: Blood Dragon is tons of fun.

Those certainly been cheaper than what Steam's selling them for now, so you might want to wait on those.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sale haul so far:

.... :(

Also...

A million years late, but a game on my wishlist, Under the Ocean, was pulled from Steam in February. I liked the look of it. Like Lost in Blue (DS game) or something.

http://www.pcgamer.com/under-the-ocean-pulled-from-steam-early-access/

But it's gone. Oh well. I didn't want to buy a game in Early Access, especially after getting burned on Don't Starve. As in, I LOVED Don't Starve early on. Go around, gather resources, build little things, craft things, interesting monsters, la la la.

Then months into development, INSANITY METER AND CREEPY AS SHIT.

Nope nope nope. I like my games delicate and happy and pink and glittery.
If anyone still wants the game, you can buy it from their website: http://www.underthegarden.com/ (scroll down quite a bit)

The only thing I'm debating right now is Grimrock 2 and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Wolfenstein I might actually play (only reason I would consider it at 50%) but Grimrock 1 is still sitting in my backlog.

If you enjoyed Wolfenstein: TNO then TOB is a solid buy. Light on plot but that just means you get more Nazi killing done during its ~8hr play time. If you never played The New Order then get that first since it's significantly longer and a more well rounded game from a story standpoint.

My sale haul so far:

:(
Me too, so far.

Valkyria Chronicles looks like something I'd like at 75% off - but dammit, I want Amazon DVG to match that so I can blow Bing $. I can wait, since I got so many RPG's on my plate to finish ( DA:Inquisition; Dark Souls 1: PTD; FFXIII ) and stuff I ain't seriously truly began yet (Witcher 3 - only tested performance, namely - need/want better vid-card first).

Shadowgate 2014 looked nice in Groupees bundle for $4 - but there wasn't crap else really in that bundle I really wanted. The rest would be +1 City. So, I think I can wait on this one.

If you enjoyed Wolfenstein: TNO then TOB is a solid buy. Light on plot but that just means you get more Nazi killing done during its ~8hr play time. If you never played The New Order then get that first since it's significantly longer and a more well rounded game from a story standpoint.
Oh, yes - most definitely recommend Wolf: TNO. Awesome FPS.

Wolf: TOB isn't cheap enough right now to suit me, at 50% off.

last minute question: I own (via peasantry) but have never played XCOM:EU. Does Enemy Within add enough to justify a purchase? I heard that it changes the strategy of the game. If that's true, is it worth playing base EU first, or should one play through the whole game with the EW enhancements? T.I.A.
play through the whole game via EW.

it's the definitive experience

After u finish, then try Long War mod. Worth every penny on PC!!!

I'm quite happy with the sale so far. Got some great gifts from Spoony on the Secret Satan, and I've picked up Ziggurat, Darkest Dungeon and NBA 2K15. The first two of those are really, really good.

Not buying crap, and buying stuff you wanted: it's the future. Like cheesecake.

Cheese? Cake?

It's the future that is.

Anyone have any input between versions of Metro Redux between PC and Xbox One (I'm not looking to open up a big discussion on the merits of both platforms). I just picked up the Xbox version for $15 - and was curious if there was an inferior remastered edition.

Anyone have any input between versions of Metro Redux between PC and Xbox One (I'm not looking to open up a big discussion on the merits of both platforms). I just picked up the Xbox version for $15 - and was curious if there was an inferior remastered edition.
If you want (and are capable) to play at 1080+ and 60+FPS, the PC version is the obvious choice. Granted, while the Redux version of 2033 is better optimized than the og version, it's still pretty hard on resources.

Grimrock 2 will be bundled by the time you get around to playing Grimrock 1. They're both excellent games, but you really should try the first one to make sure you actually want to play an old schoolesque dungeon crawler.

For once, listen to Mooby.

My Steam Haul so Far

Exciting right?  But I'm still clicking away at Clicker Heroes.  At some point some game is gunna have to go on sale for a price I'm willing to pay for it right?

I still hadn't gotten a card drop for this 24h period, so I joined a new clicker game and voila! Card drop.

Probably will switch games again in an hour or so.

Well I had the dumb Monster game running in the background on and off all day yesterday and only got one card. 

I closed the game and started a new one, got another card right away.

Edit:  fuck you, inm8 m8

Edit: fuck you, inm8 m8
There, there.

giphy.gif

My sale haul so far:

.... :(

Also...

If anyone still wants the game, you can buy it from their website: http://www.underthegarden.com/ (scroll down quite a bit)
I read up on that. Apparently the main programmer left, leaving one guy with limited programming ability to finish it. So what was once a 3D game got reverted to 2D and the remaining guy pulled it from Steam while he basically started from scratch and then he will relist it.

I still hadn't gotten a card drop for this 24h period, so I joined a new clicker game and voila! Card drop.

Probably will switch games again in an hour or so.
Just to add to this, its been about however long since I changed my game and another one just dropped randomly.

So thats 2 in like 20 minutes after 1 game switch.

I received an email this morning that if you log into Marvel Heroes today or tomorrow you get a free 'hero ticket' redeemable for any hero.

This has been a public service announcement for those (like myself) that feel they may play it someday (but probably won't).

Ziggurat is cool (it passed my 30 minutes or request refund test). It is very indie though and feels like Hexen. Wait for a bundle though on it. I will wait for Darkest Dungeon. EA.....and also supposed lack of stuff to do after a while. Also waiting for Grimrock 2 as enough sacrifices have been made and I haven't touched 1.

I got tempted by Lair of the Necrodancer cause my friend was going on and on about it plus I listened to some of the music and it was pretty awesome and bought that 1....so far alright bundle and will likely get Eden* and Small World from that monster game. Come on 70% off at least.

I'm kind of tempted to Tremorbro Ziggurat since you guys are going off about it but It's like 4K coins and that's a hell of a lot of doll and no panties videos.

I just tried to 'start a new game' since I was also missing a card drop or 2.  

It loaded up a nice crisp white page that only contained the word  "False".

Tried it a few times with the same result... 

So... yeah.

Edit: Alright, apparently it doesn't like firefox.  Client worked fine and I got the card drop.

Edit2:  What's really weird is that it let me back into the game I was in with my gf and my alt.  Level 1113 again.  Of course all my upgrades and gold are gone.. but whatever.. games going to reset in a bit anyway right?

Joined a Level 0 game with Parallacks, got a card.

I want to join up with you guys after the switch flips, but I'll probably lag behind again. :(

Are origins sales, sales? or do they go lower than those prices on their site.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/deals/sale/live-to-play-sale?utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=origin-aff-us-ls-aff&sourceid=Origin_AFF_LS315&c=FKSJxY2VJAk&LSsiteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-BWIxyUKCjRnAsqbJsYWOxw

Considering getting all BF deluxe editions of the games, Tomb Raider special edition, and Titanfall.
Yes and no. The sales on the Origin site itself tend to be meh on the whole but you can buy those games elsewhere at lower prices on other sales (Amazon digital, Gamestop, boxed retail etc) where you'll still get an Origin key (or Steam key in the case of Tomb Raider) and may catch them lower.

I was thinking of switching games for cards, but I don't care enough to obtain cards this time around. Finals for my group were:

steamgame5.png

Bosses had at least 50 Quadrillion HP but still died in less than 10 seconds. Looked at a couple this morning and had some crazy Raining Gold multipliers of 20 or so at once, which brought in around 10 million gold a click. Guess this will give me 382 tokens to spend on starter junk for my next game.

Going to attempt to rejoin the same group again, but I figure it'll fill up faster on the weekend.

EDIT: Yep, I done got fucked on joining the game I was attempting to. I was in it, but some glitchy shit was going on and I was kicked out. By the time I was kicked, most of the decent games were full and ended up in 37556 which is still top 10 I suppose.

Had that fucking game running since yesterday afternoon and not one single card drop. Got on here too late to try the game switching tactic. FML. That's like 30 cents I'll never get back!

Joined a Level 0 game with Parallacks, got a card.

I want to join up with you guys after the switch flips, but I'll probably lag behind again. :(
fuck I tried starting a new game just for that, got nothing. Zero card drops for yesterday. Multiple games at different levels, client, couple browsers on desktop on mobile. Zilch.

While I enjoy the discounts being offered by this game (smaller games) I really hate the random nature of card drops. I got 2 myself yesterday. 

Yeah I've only managed to get one card drop since the deals flipped yesterday.

I played EU and EW. And yes, that expansion brings a lot to the table. It doesn't necessarily changes "the strategy", but it improves the one you played in EU. That being said, I don't regret having played both, I love the game so much.

So it all depends on you. If you like the game and/or the series, you will play both just to know what is different... xD
I own both but I've only played through the original. Do you get to chose whether to play an original or Enemy Within campaign when you start if you own the DLC?

Plants vs Zombies GOTY as an unlock?  Thank God!  We can't have people spending a whole two and a half dollars on the game at its current discount.  :)

This monster game is really starting to feel like going to the fair.  You spend like 40 dollars playing some game to win some piece of junk worth a buck fifty.

Plants vs Zombies GOTY as an unlock? Thank God! We can't have people spending a whole two and a half dollars on the game at its current discount. :)
Happy Steam sale. We give you a discount on the same damned game EA gave you for free Halloween 2012.

Plants vs Zombies GOTY as an unlock? Thank God! We can't have people spending a whole two and a half dollars on the game at its current discount. :)

This monster game is really starting to feel like going to the fair. You spend like 40 dollars playing some game to win some piece of junk worth a buck fifty.
worse yet, Gaben is having us wear out our computer mice = more steam controllers bought

Hmmm, 15 minutes left to decide if I bite on Salt.  Sucker for those type of games, but also a little burnt out on them.  They all tend to be very similar and a variation of the same concept with no end game and none of them have ever matched the ease of the building process in Minecraft.

Also, very interested in Monstrum, but was hoping for a better discount.  Even with the discount, the price is only a little lower than MSRP on Nuuvem and with a coupon I can probably get it cheaper on GMG in the near future. 

Also, I got my three card drops today but not yesterday.  Seems like maybe it is a bit random and does require switching of rooms.  We'll see.  

bought Valkyria Chronicles.  I mentioned $5 price point as my buying point prior to the sell and then hesitated with the thought of Mooby saying it would be bundled or cheaper.  

Hmmm, 15 minutes left to decide if I bite on Salt. Sucker for those type of games, but also a little burnt out on them. They all tend to be very similar and a variation of the same concept with no end game and none of them have ever matched the ease of the building process in Minecraft.

Also, very interested in Monstrum, but was hoping for a better discount. Even with the discount, the price is only a little lower than MSRP on Nuuvem and with a coupon I can probably get it cheaper on GMG in the near future.

Also, I got my three card drops today but not yesterday. Seems like maybe it is a bit random and does require switching of rooms. We'll see.
I SolidSnakeyFakeybroed it with a 50% off coupon a while back. I still haven't played it.

Needs more Angelina Jolie.

vT8tMoj.jpg

bought Valkyria Chronicles. I mentioned $5 price point as my buying point prior to the sell and then hesitated with the thought of Mooby saying it would be bundled or cheaper.
If you didn't buy a game every time Mooby said not to you'd never own any damned games except maybe a couple of moldy ass RPGs.

Hmmm, 15 minutes left to decide if I bite on Salt. Sucker for those type of games, but also a little burnt out on them. They all tend to be very similar and a variation of the same concept with no end game and none of them have ever matched the ease of the building process in Minecraft.
Watched quite a bit of Salt gameplay during the humblesale. The ship stuff was cool, but most of the game was just looking for stuff and never finding anything good.

Which is pretty much all of those survival games, I guess.

Also, very interested in Monstrum, but was hoping for a better discount. Even with the discount, the price is only a little lower than MSRP on Nuuvem and with a coupon I can probably get it cheaper on GMG in the near future.

Also, I got my three card drops today but not yesterday. Seems like maybe it is a bit random and does require switching of rooms. We'll see.
You actually have 12 more hours to decide. Flash deals last 24 hours. (they just get pushed down to the bottom when a new batch arrives)

bread's done
Back