Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Watched quite a bit of Salt gameplay during the humblesale. The ship stuff was cool, but most of the game was just looking for stuff and never finding anything good.

Which is pretty much all of those survival games, I guess.
Watched quite a bit of Salt gameplay during the humblesale. The ship stuff was cool, but most of the game was just looking for stuff and never finding anything good.

Which is pretty much all of those survival games, I guess.
Yeah, that's why I'll pass for now. I have a few good ones and the rest just seem to be very similar. Maybe if this one had a significantly different theme to it then that would add some novelty to it.

Hmmm, 15 minutes left to decide if I bite on Salt. Sucker for those type of games, but also a little burnt out on them. They all tend to be very similar and a variation of the same concept with no end game and none of them have ever matched the ease of the building process in Minecraft.
Flash sales last 24 hours this time around, so you actually have another 12 hours to decide.

1 minute until complete disappointment of sales + everyone jumping online to crash Steam servers...

Last edited by a moderator:
A million years late, but a game on my wishlist, Under the Ocean, was pulled from Steam in February. I liked the look of it. Like Lost in Blue (DS game) or something.

http://www.pcgamer.com/under-the-ocean-pulled-from-steam-early-access/

But it's gone. Oh well. I didn't want to buy a game in Early Access, especially after getting burned on Don't Starve. As in, I LOVED Don't Starve early on. Go around, gather resources, build little things, craft things, interesting monsters, la la la.

Then months into development, INSANITY METER AND CREEPY AS SHIT.

Nope nope nope. I like my games delicate and happy and pink and glittery.
Wow had no idea, and under the ocean showed good possibility. So I figured Id poke around their forums. Turns out if you flip the copy in your library to the alpha's under the beta menu, he's actually pushing out new builds fairly often. He just posted in there not too long ago about it

Wow had no idea, and under the ocean showed good possibility. So I figured Id poke around their forums. Turns out if you flip the copy in your library to the alpha's under the beta menu, he's actually pushing out new builds fairly often. He just posted in there not too long ago about it
I apparently purchased this game during the 2013 Summer sale (go figure). I just joined the alpha, thanks for the info.

Gotta love how borked Steam is right now.

On main store-front page it seems to show the weaker Steam discount (that likely is what it's going for the entire sale, except when it's got a better deal as a Flash or Daily Deal Sale)...

....but on the actual page of the franchise or game shows the real Daily Deal Sale or Flash Sale Price.

Gotta love how borked Steam is right now.

On main store-front page it seems to show the weaker Steam discount (that likely is what it's going for the entire sale, except when it's got a better deal as a Flash or Daily Deal Sale)...

....but on the actual page of the franchise or game shows the real Daily Deal Sale or Flash Sale Price.
You have to wait for the new percentage to propagate to the main page. Its almost always this way. Click through to see the new discount. It's not really a borking, more just a fact of data propagation. It usually takes 5-10 mins for it to happen.

IE Trine 3 showed 15% on main page even though the Flash deal is 25%. I saw it immediately when I opened the store page (sometimes its slow there too) it only now shows 25% on the front page for me.

Even Gala store is beating the Steam sale. That's just sad.

PiqYB4M.png
NGmVpUd.png

Snark snark bad deals bad deals, but anyway, I grabbed the Shadow of Mordor GOTY Upgrade and a copy of Lethal League.

Bleh, was (insanely) hoping that Watch_Dongs and Mordor would hit 75% off this sale.  Oh well.. I can wait.

PS - speaking of Mordor... We watched the last Hobbit movie last night and were a little shocked at how much we didn't care for the Hobbit trilogy as a whole.  Waaaay too padded and I really couldn't find anything to give a shit about.  Easily could have been 2 (or even 1 long movie) but cashgrab trilogy...  LotR was far superior imho.  

You have to wait for the new percentage to propagate to the main page. Its almost always this way. Click through to see the new discount. It's not really a borking, more just a fact of data propagation. It usually takes 5-10 mins for it to happen.

IE Trine 3 showed 15% on main page even though the Flash deal is 25%. I saw it immediately when I opened the store page (sometimes its slow there too) it only now shows 25% on the front page for me.
I refreshed a few times before your post - no update on store's main-page.

I just refreshed a few moments ago - things look to be in order now on the main store-front page.

Finally matching-up now.

Bleh, was (insanely) hoping that Watch_Dongs and Mordor would hit 75% off this sale. Oh well.. I can wait.
Well I tried to tell you guys last weekend WD wouldn't go that low this sale and just get the damned boxed copy but some people were all eww cooties Uplay and no Steam.

Hell even Mooby bought it.

Bleh, was (insanely) hoping that Watch_Dongs and Mordor would hit 75% off this sale. Oh well.. I can wait.
I still think when Best Buy had a Only UPLAY retail-boxed version for $6 or whatever, that was the best deal on Watch Dogs PC.

Yeah, yeah - I know, it ain't a Steam-version.

But, I had a funny feeling Steam wouldn't get a discount as good as that one.

EDIT:

Motoki'd.

Looks like Motoki and me on the same page - and he beat me to it on that BB deal comment on WD PC.

I refreshed a few times before your post - no update on store's main-page.

I just refreshed a few moments ago - things look to be in order now on the main store-front page.

Finally matching-up now.
It won't be the same for everyone. Some may see it sooner than others. Lots of different factors into data propagation. Its not a Steam issue, just the nature of data.

Well I tried to tell you guys last weekend WD wouldn't go that low this sale and just get the damned boxed copy but some people were all eww cooties Uplay and no Steam.

Yeah, I paid $10 for a GFX card uplay copy of WD a long long time ago and then $2.50 for the season pass.

I was really tempted, it was more a matter of Steambux than UPlay hate. I am not steam-exclusive, we both see other clients.

I was really tempted, it was more a matter of Steambux than UPlay hate. I am not steam-exclusive, we both see other clients.
Well there was the whole Bing Bux on Amazon you could have done if you do the Bing searches. Not like Amazon's been doing a ton of better deals anyhow.

Yeah, but I just blew my load of bing bux on my new GTX 970 (Bing paid for 95% 70% of it).

Edited for forgetfulness and bad math.

Ehh this is by far the worst set of dailys imo so far. The first two days had a number of things that I either bought or tempted me, this is just straight dunces across the board. Had been saving Tomb Raider Underworld for just this sort of disappointment so I picked that up.

Daily Deals
Ending 6/15
60% off 7 Days to Die - $9.99
75% off Age of Mythology: Extended Edition - $7.49
80% off Microsoft RTS Collection: Age of Empires/Age of Mythology/Rise of Nations - $19.99
90% off Castle Crashers - $1.49
90% off Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - $2.49 (90% off DLC)
33% off Cities: Skylines - $20.09
66% off Football Manager 2015 - $16.66
50% off Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $24.99 (50% off DLC)
85% off Prison Architect - $4.99 (85% off editions/DLC)
50% off SPINTIRES - $14.99
40% off SUNLESS SEA - $11.39
66% off Telltale Collection - $61.19
75% off The Evil Within - $14.99
50% off The Evil Within: Season Pass - $9.99
75% off The Wolf Among Us - $6.24
70% off Ubisoft Prime Pack - $59.99
60% off Watch_Dogs - $15.99 (66% off DLC)
Up to 80% off Borderlands Franchise

Flash Sales
Ending 6/14 Group #2
78% off Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - $4.39 (78% off DLC)
15% off Besiege - $5.94
33% off Broforce - $9.99
40% off Caribbean! - $11.99
40% off Construction Simulator 2015 - $17.99
80% off Deadlight - $2.99
50% off Dreamfall Chapters - $14.99
66% off Lethal League - $4.75
15% off Rising World - $12.74
55% off Rocksmith 2014 - $26.99 (40% off select DLC)
75% off RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum - $4.99
66% off Stronghold Crusader 2 - $16.99 (40% off DLC)
90% off Trine 2: Complete Story - $1.99
25% off Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power - $14.99
90% off Trine Enchanted Edition - $1.49
60% off Trinelogy - $15.99
Up to 80% off Sherlock Holmes Franchise
Up to 80% off Tomb Raider Franchise

Monster Community Sales
Ending 6/15
60% off eden* - $7.99
85% off FORCED - $2.24
30% off Front Office Football Seven - $17.49
75% off Gods Will Be Watching - $2.49
75% off Little Inferno - $2.49
80% off Memoria - $3.99
75% off Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic - $2.49
90% off Rock of Ages - $0.99
80% off Small World 2 - $1.99

Might get Dreamfall Chapters now that it hit my price threshold. I've been reading that it will likely be upgraded to Unity 5 in the future. 

Well, I guess there was some other gift cards in there too, if I really think about it. Bing probably only paid 70% if I really do the math.

Card's great though. Really happy with it so far!
I just grabbed a 970 myself, and it's slaying everything (at 1080p, anyway), Witcher 3 included.

15 lousy percent off on some flash sale games?  That's pathetic.  The next time a developer offers up a game at 15 percent off for the sale, Valve should just laugh at them and pat them on the head.  OR maybe they could have some freaking sense and not allow early access games in there in the first place.  geez

Cities would have had me at 50% off, but at 33% not so much. 7 Days to Die is tempting, but 60% off isn't all that appealing.

Argh.  15% off the Rocksmith Disc Import tool? fuck you Ubi, really.  I'll probably end up getting it too, along with some DLC at a weak 40% off, because out of everything in this sale those are what are most likely to have some legitimate value to me.  Well...at least it's Steambux, I guess...

Borderlands Pre-Sequel + Season Pass at $25 is tempting.  Lowest I think I've seen was around $20 for both on Nuuvem.  Decisions decisions.

Edit: Memoria went a whole $1 cheaper.  Think its worth it at that price or is it just bundle fodder?

Man why couldn't it be Borderlands 1 GOTY + Borderlands 2 GOTY. Already have vanilla 2. :(
Wait - why'd you miss when GameAgent had a Borderlands 2: (Close To) Complete Pack for around $12?

EDIT:

This is the BL2: (Close To) Complete pack, I speak of:

https://www.gameagent.com/games/borderlands-2-complete-bundle

It's $16.50, but like I said - it's been cheaper before.

BL2 + DLC's are SteamPlay-supported games (i.e. they support both Windows + Mac, at least).

So since everyone wants to complain each day of the sale about the same goddamn thing, can we just keep a running list of complaints and copy paste it every day so people don't have to flood the thread with their whining?

- Sale percentages don't update immediately

- EA game on sale

- Game on sale for 33% or less

- Game that's always on sale is on sale

- Game on sale is bundle fodder

- Game on sale is not at historical low

- Can't get monster clicker game to work

What else?

A few leftover keys from yesterday that no one requested, have at 'em:

Commando Jack   0NBKP-I000M-207AJ

Dino D-Day   65XDW-AXLF8-RVTQ2

Muffin Knight   YD2IA-XDX04-ZGB7Z

Thunder Wolves   2W2B4-428H7-JLEZP

Commando Jack   QKBKY-DCKYN-VRYGZ

So since everyone wants to complain each day of the sale about the same goddamn thing, can we just keep a running list of complaints and copy paste it every day so people don't have to flood the thread with their whining?

- Sale percentages don't update immediately

- EA game on sale

- Game on sale for 33% or less

- Game that's always on sale is on sale

- Game on sale is bundle fodder

- Game on sale is not at historical low

- Can't get monster clicker game to work

What else?
You forgot:

Game system requirements are too stiff for my current PC.

bread's done
Back