Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It was a daily so I assume so.
Oh damn, I missed it as a daily? I've been traveling so I haven't been able to keep a close eye on the steam sale. I briefly checked SteamDB and it said the current offer has been the biggest discount. Do you remember what the daily percentage was?

Last edited by a moderator:
Far Cry franchise pack isn't the worst deal either if you don't own any of the games, although I guess waiting til Winter sale FC4 might get a msrp drop and the pack might be like 30 instead of 45
The pack minus FC4 was $10 during the last winter sale.

Is Bully Scholarship Edition any good for 2.99?
I'm playing it now and having fun. I paid a bit more a couple of years back.

Game Dev Tycoon really has their butt cheeks clenched tight with the discounts. It's been out two years, never bundled and the best they can do is 50% on the biggest sale of the year?

What do they think this is, PSN?

No, it was a flash. My mistake. Whoops.

Haha, I don't even think it was a Flash. I just keep seeing it jumbled in on the bottom because it was wishlisted.

EVERYONE IGNORE ME :oldman:
Gave me a good scare for a moment.. Haha. What do you guys think the chances are of this become a daily with just having been released?

find solace that shadows was considered "book 1" and currently there is drama on book 2 even coming out
This. The publisher declared bankruptcy. The developers have implied they are not getting paid, have stopped working on it and are currently in dispute with the publisher.

My guess is the devs complained to Valve when they saw it was to be an upcoming deal and got Valve to swap it out last minute.

There may not end up being an additional discount on it.

Gave me a good scare for a moment.. Haha. What do you guys think the chances are of this become a daily with just having been released?
Black Mesa went from 15% off to 25% off. If it shows up as a daily/flash, I wouldn't expect more that 30% off tops.

Edit: Scratch that...it's not part of the summer sale. It's on it's own promotion. 17% is what your gonna get.

This. The publisher declared bankruptcy. The developers have implied they are not getting paid, have stopped working on it and are currently in dispute with the publisher.

My guess is the devs complained to Valve when they saw it was to be an upcoming deal and got Valve to swap it out last minute.

There may not end up being an additional discount on it.
Is now a good time to brag about buying it for 84% off in the gem auction? Yes, yes it is.

Gem auction brags are officially the only thing better than those need-to-online-24/7-spoderjokisms that nobody ever gets.

:whee:

I'm a HUGE fan of the Avatar series. Is the Korra game too bad to be worth buying ?

Also does anyone remember what the left 4 dead combo was before this l4d2 sale ? Did it actually lower ? I was interested in both but was waiting for daily or flash deal.
If you're a huge fan of the series, you're going to be a lot more forgiving of some of the camera issues, the platforming sections, and the Naga riding sections that lots of reviewers were.

They were very harsh on the game because it's a Platinum game, and they have INCREDIBLE expectations for them.

It's very much like when Nintendo pops out an average game. People get out the long knives and start cutting in, saying "Dev has clearly lost their edge".

For what it is- a licensed franchised brawler, it's a slightly above average outing. Korra got a lot of bashing because people had a love/hate boner about Bayonetta 2, which Korra was relased in the same window as. Korra got caught in the blowback from that.

Also, it's a licensed title by Activision. Don't wait too long if you actually want it, as those have a way of getting delisted from Steam with almost no warning.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Avatar series. Is the Korra game too bad to be worth buying ?

Also does anyone remember what the left 4 dead combo was before this l4d2 sale ? Did it actually lower ? I was interested in both but was waiting for daily or flash deal.
I just bought it. I'm only 4 levels in but for $3.59 its I'm enjoying it so far.

I'm also a huge The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra fan.

Is anyone else thinking about getting H1Z1 Early Access for $10? I'm very tempted. I might need to convince a friend to pick it up with me though.

Black Mesa went from 15% off to 25% off. If it shows up as a daily/flash, I wouldn't expect more that 30% off tops.

Edit: Scratch that...it's not part of the summer sale. It's on it's own promotion. 17% is what your gonna get.
Okay thanks Neuro, I appreciate the info!

Well I gave in and bought the Shadow of Mordor bundle from Bundle Stars. I figure it's the best complete deal we'll see until the Fall and I (tentatively) plan to play it before then. Hahaha haha... ha.

I also bought Dreamfall Chapters at the last possible second. I'll keeping it in my inventory for now since I missed the GOG sale price on D:TLJ. This might turn into a test-the-refund-system type purchase after the sale.

Town of Salem from the Flash Deals looks like an entertaining party game, although hardly anyone owns it. I kind of hope it gets bundled soon.

Game Dev Tycoon really has their butt cheeks clenched tight with the discounts. It's been out two years, never bundled and the best they can do is 50% on the biggest sale of the year?

What do they think this is, PSN?
I guess I should have bought it last time it was on sale since it was 60% off then. I've been holding off for 75% which doesn't seem likely :/

It's a good representation of the show, but it's very clearly a budget title. They created a solid action base but never had time to actually polish any of the assets. I think it's worth the $4 or $5, but don't expect much or you will be disappointed.

The main draw for me was seeing a gameplay interpretation of Avatar/Korra's elemental combat system.

The original looks better?
Ah, one of the sources of my "well sometimes it does hurt to wait" comment. I'm so glad they de-listed the previous version so that I could have the honor of paying an inflated price for stuff that probably could just be a patch. At least the sale price is "only" $3 more than it used to be, I was expecting worse.

Oh well, that's what I get for skipping it every year. I was sick of zombies anyway.

Any opinions on Castle Crashers? The game hasn't been bundled but instead has very large discounts.
Fun enough game if you're looking for a modern-ish Golden Axe clone. Best with friends and not too much replay value. You do unlock different characters beating the game with various other ones but most of their abilities are the same. It's worth the $1 or so for a playthrough.

Any opinions on Castle Crashers? The game hasn't been bundled but instead has very large discounts.
its your typical side scroller. if you like those it might be worth the cheap price. Whereas I liked and finished something like Mark of the Ninja, or even shank, this bored me and I never finished it.

do Call of Duty games ever get more than a 50% discount on steam
There was that 30 dollar complete pack, way back in the day, in the pre-MW2 era. It included COD1-3, 4, and World at War. I should have gotten it, but alas I was arrogant.

Seriously, the Steam season sales used to be filled with hidden gems. That Dreamfall Bundle I discussed earlier was an example of that, where the game is 75 percent off for the entire event. Now, 75 percent off would be advertised like it's a huge deal.

Wound up picking up Korra. I'm not a big fan of super hard action games like the one Platinum makes so it may be a blesssblessing for me its not as good as their other titles.

its your typical side scroller. if you like those it might be worth the cheap price. Whereas I liked and finished something like Mark of the Ninja, or even shank, this bored me and I never finished it.
Mark of the Ninja is more of a stealth game. But, yeah, it's similar to Shank. Another option is Sacred Citadel (although that was bundle a couple of years ago).

Breakdown is worth it because the game is mean to be played in scaling difficulty sandbox.  Lifeline is kind of dull.

Only game I bought so far was Agarest: Generations of War 2 since I love my JRPG games.

Hoping for a flash on Hyperdimensional Neptunia and Trails in the Sky.

It's a fun game, but it's a lot more exciting and less of a grind with friends playing with you. There are lots of different weapons and these hidden animal helpers that will boost your stats. Some parts are funny, and there's a post-game portion but it's rather shallow and can only be beaten with friends (since it's MUCH harder than the normal game).

Seriously, I can't get past like the third stage soloing in the second playthrough, and there are at least 40 stages.

Oh, and Neuro and I's group has almost passed yesterday's group. We're at 2410 in less than 5 hours. My browser keeps crashing because the levels are going by so fast. :(

I liked Castle Crashers a lot.  My gf liked it waaaaay too much.  She was playing it and replaying it well after I was done.  Definitely worth the price imho.

Edit: Want to add that it's best played with friends.

Oh, and Neuro and I's group has almost passed yesterday's group. We're at 2410 in less than 5 hours. My browser keeps crashing because the levels are going by so fast. :(
Fascinating! I bet all the ladies go nuts when you tell them what level you just hit.

And here I thought my group was all fancy for just hitting 1000

bread's done
Back