Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I don't even get card for staring. Used to get switching, but not anymore.

Neither for beating first boss lol.

Valve plz fix.

So I don't get any card anymore :(

Fascinating! I bet all the ladies go nuts when you tell them what level you just hit.
do you think so? damn maybe i should stop telling people that clicker game is a waste of time and start playing

step 1 play clicker game

step 2 get laid cuz ladies love high level clicker game clickers

step 3 ????

step 4 profit

So we just got on the phone with Amazon to see if the price on Alien Isolation was every going to flip to the $12.49 the Summer Sale Banner says it supposed to be and got absolutely nowhere with Amazon CS.  Basically he just told us to wait a few hours an call back if it isn't adjusted by then. Helpful!  :wall:

Edit:  Submitted price-match requests for good measure, but I'm not really holding my breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even get card for staring. Used to get switching, but not anymore.

Neither for beating first boss lol.

Valve plz fix.

So I don't get any card anymore :(
Or maybe don't bother for a card or two that will maybe sell for 10 cents? If you got them, of course.

So we just got on the phone with Amazon to see if the price on Alien Isolation was every going to flip to the $12.49 the Summer Sale Banner says it supposed to be and got absolutely nowhere with Amazon CS. Basically he just told us to wait a few hours an call back if it isn't adjusted by then. Helpful! :wall:

Edit: Submitted price-match requests for good measure, but I'm not really holding my breath.
gBjUViV.jpg

What's the word on Banner Saga?  I remember everyone jazzed up about it at launch but is there reason to think it'll be bundled or should I be excited at the chance to buy it for five bucks?  Or should I not be bothering with it at all?

What's the word on Banner Saga? I remember everyone jazzed up about it at launch but is there reason to think it'll be bundled or should I be excited at the chance to buy it for five bucks? Or should I not be bothering with it at all?
If memory serves right it was in some sort of humble bundle already, but I think it was just during that 2 week "bundle a day" sale where half the bundles were just a game and its soundtrack or some crap. I think it was just banner saga and banner saga artwork or something pathetic like that, but I can see it being bundled again. At the very least Banner Saga 2 is being developed and unless you really want to play it im sure there will be a package of the two which will overall be a better deal than this.

I kind of want to buy it also though, so I'm not sure.

Basically I'm of no real help to you.

What's the word on Banner Saga? I remember everyone jazzed up about it at launch but is there reason to think it'll be bundled or should I be excited at the chance to buy it for five bucks? Or should I not be bothering with it at all?
It's been $5 on Steam before, I wish I could be more helpful and tell you how it plays but I'm buried whiskers deep in backlog.

If memory serves right it was in some sort of humble bundle already, but I think it was just during that 2 week "bundle a day" sale where half the bundles were just a game and its soundtrack or some crap.
Yeah, it looks like the actual Banner Saga game required a $15 drop to get in that "bundle".

Looks like it hits $5 semi-regularly according to ITAD anyway though (and has been $3.38 at Nuuvem) so... eh.

How is RPG Maker VX Ace for $10.49? I know it's been in a Humble Bundle before but do Humble Bundles repeat?
It's close to the lowest non Brazilian price to date and if you can get in on a 4 pack that would be close to the Nuuvem low.

Humble way back when used to repeat old bundles as bonuses but they tend not to repeat so much anymore. It's possible it could be bundled elsewhere with Bundlestars being the most likely, but it's hard to say.

If you actually intend to use it to try to make games, unlike myself and everyone on my friend's list who owns it, then it's not a bad deal.

As in its usefulness or the whole botnet thing?

I haven't had trouble using it and the only time I launch Chrome is to turn Hola on, do my thing, turn Hola off and close Chrome. So I haven't been too worried about the botnet thing either.
I guess botnet, maybe. I downloaded what I thought was a separate Hola browser, but it turns out to just open another instance of Firefox with only Hola as an extension.

Honestly, I'm afraid of robots, so I'll probably delete it.

I guess botnet, maybe. I downloaded what I thought was a separate Hola browser, but it turns out to just open another instance of Firefox with only Hola as an extension.

Honestly, I'm afraid of robots, so I'll probably delete it.
You should get on ToasterNet. I hear it operates on 56k modems and AOL installers.

In case people don't see it (and by some miracle don't already own it), Plants vs. Zombies is $1 -- tucked down by those monster killing unlock deals.  10/10 GOTY must buy.

How is RPG Maker VX Ace for $10.49? I know it's been in a Humble Bundle before but do Humble Bundles repeat?
It's pretty cool, if you're into that sorta thing I'd definitely recommend it. Even if you don't end up making a game it's fun to play around with. I actually have 2 extra humble links for VX Ace with some DLC I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested.

I just noticed that Ashes is in a game currently at level 4559.  Go skitty!

Is anyone interested in a Mount Your Friends 4-pack price of $1.50 each?

Man, I just don't know.... anything I'm missing?  Haven't been on Steam in ~20 hrs.... and it doesn't look like much changed.  I'll be honest.. too many pages to read through.

Anyone have any thoughts on Fable Anniversary?  The updated graphics and controller support sound nice, but not sure it is worth the upgrade since I already have Fable TLC.

I have the following two questions:

1. is doom considered a good series, been debating if I should get doom 3 bfg edition. kinda interested now that doom 4 is coming.

2. how is dishonored the game, when it first came out I heard that you could beat it in a couple of hours. the setting doesn't really interest me but the gameplay does.

1. is doom considered a good series, been debating if I should get doom 3 bfg edition. kinda interested now that doom 4 is coming.

2. how is dishonored the game, when it first came out I heard that you could beat it in a couple of hours. the setting doesn't really interest me but the gameplay does.
Dishonored bored me to tears. Literally. First level... bored. So what does that say? Who wants to fight Victorian zombies anyways?

do you think so? damn maybe i should stop telling people that clicker game is a waste of time and start playing

step 1 play clicker game

step 2 get laid cuz ladies love high level clicker game clickers

step 3 ????

step 4 profit
Uh, i'm pretty sure we're not allowed to charge for that...

So EA finally moved all the kajillion Sims 3 expansions that each showed up as a separate entry on Origin underneath just the one Sims 3 base game entry. You know, like a normal client does.

5A6NMPy.png

That only took 4 years. Good job EA.

I... wh... uh... it's DOOM, son! Ain't you never heard of DOOM! Although Doom 3 is not a very faithful adaptation of the older Doom games. It's not bad but the engine is kind of crappy for FPS action.
I thought it might have lost its luster over the years

I loved Doom ][ back in the 90's, but when I tried to play it again a few years ago, I found it hard to enjoy in the same way.  I don't know how much of that is the dated engine, and how much is the fact that I'm not a high school dudeface.

1. is doom considered a good series, been debating if I should get doom 3 bfg edition. kinda interested now that doom 4 is coming.

1. Doom 1 is considered to be one of the greatest and most influential shooters of all time. I personally feel that even despite the much outdated graphics those old school style shooters hold up just fine. Never played Doom 3, I've heard mixed things. I think if you're looking for a shooter you can do better than Doom 3.

2. Dishonored is great. It's like a mix of Bioshock (steampunk environment and art style, as well as use of powers which are very similar to the plasmids/vigors) and Thief (first person stealth, although the stealth isn't done as well as the thief series). One of the cool things about it is you can approach it in a number of ways. You can try to ghost the game and not be seen by anybody or you can go in guns blazing. I thought it was a really well game, and by far had one of the better stealth systems in recent years (although that's really not saying much). The different ways you could approach combat was fun. And it's definitely not a game you beat in "a couple hours." I think my playthrough of the base game was between 15-18 hours. I had the GOTY edition and with both story dlcs i think i spent around 25 hours on the game which is actually fairly lengthy for a non-rpg title. I'd recommend it if you're at all a fan of stealth games. Even if you're not you may be able to enjoy it as you could fight your way through the majority of the game, but really the game was built with stealth in mind.

I loved Doom ][ back in the 90's, but when I tried to play it again a few years ago, I found it hard to enjoy in the same way. I don't know how much of that is the dated engine, and how much is the fact that I'm not a high school dudeface.
The inability to jump or aim up and down makes the DooMs 1 and 2 extremely dated and difficult to play these days

The inability to jump or aim up and down makes the DooMs 1 and 2 extremely dated and difficult to play these days
Blasphemer. But, yes, that's true for people who didn't play it back in 't3h day.' Doom 3, unfortunately, is not a very good modern adaptation. Something like Serious Sam is closer to the original Dooms than what Doom 3 and probably Doom 4 will be.

So I would say to anyone considering Doom 3, go buy Serious Sam revamped TFE, TSE, and 3 unless you already own them. Off the top of my head, Serious Sam is the only modern FPS that actually emulates what older FPS games were about. Shadow Warrior and other stuff from Flying Hog also come close.

2. Dishonored is great. It's like a mix of Bioshock (steampunk environment and art style, as well as use of powers which are very similar to the plasmids/vigors) and Thief (first person stealth, although the stealth isn't done as well as the thief series). One of the cool things about it is you can approach it in a number of ways. You can try to ghost the game and not be seen by anybody or you can go in guns blazing. I thought it was a really well game, and by far had one of the better stealth systems in recent years (although that's really not saying much). The different ways you could approach combat was fun. And it's definitely not a game you beat in "a couple hours." I think my playthrough of the base game was between 15-18 hours. I had the GOTY edition and with both story dlcs i think i spent around 25 hours on the game which is actually fairly lengthy for a non-rpg title. I'd recommend it if you're at all a fan of stealth games. Even if you're not you may be able to enjoy it as you could fight your way through the majority of the game, but really the game was built with stealth in mind.
I second that, DishonoUred is great. I played a bunch of it for PlayFire rewards which were skewed towards being as stealthy as possible. I need to finish the game and then try it with the more chaotic approach.

I was underwhelmed with Dishonored.  The setting and atmosphere was great (not surprising coming from Arkane who did Arx Fatalis) but I found the game too easy (even without using powers).  It's a fun pseudo-stealth game for $5 but not jizz-your-pants 10/10 Jessica Chobooty GOTY that it was hyped to be.

It's like four parts Bioshock mixed with one part Thief (not crappy nuThief).

bread's done
Back