Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Pillars of Eternity....ah if it was close to 50% I would get it. Tokyo School life...I'm also thinking of supporting cause visual novels and the girls look cute.
I bought it this morning from Gamesplanet. Paying $22 for it was pretty sweet. And someone is selling it on the Trade thread for $20. But those guys over there are hit and miss.

I've had a Alpha for about a month and I'm pretty happy with it. I bought it because we switched the household to Mac but I had all of these Steam games from over the years that were PC only. Just make sure you understand the limitations of the system - what you will and won't be able to do with it especially down the road. It is very small and very quiet - as in it's smaller than a Wii.

I will say from first-hand experience if you're going to get one buy and install extra memory and an SSD yourself. When I got mine I popped in another 8GB RAM ($45 on sale) and a 256GB SSD ($75 on sale). I popped the 5400rpm hard drive that I took out of it into a small external USB case and use it as a second drive.

I got mine for $329 - it was on sale for $399 after a coupon code and there was also a $70 SlickDeals rebate - so even with the upgrades I did myself I still came in under the $499 they typically ask for the base system.
Where did you buy your Alpha? $329 is a really good price.

I heard it's okay to do tenfoot to mouth sometimes.
It is, however, not ok to insinuate that quote... without also posting the eye-candy to which the quote is attached :)

RosarioDawson_ClerksII_002.gif
kyo8a.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone give me some thoughts on Assetto Corso. Here's what I really want to know. I want a sim-ish type racer that just allows me to race. I don't know enough about engines, tires, etc to diligently upgrade my car nor do I want to devote a lot of time reading the on screen info about upgrades. I really just want to race. I'm about 4 hours into Forza Horizon 2. The racing I love. The upgrading, etc. just isn't the part of the game that I find fun.

So, does AC or iRacing offer more of an opportunity to just race (maybe less than 10 laps at a time)? Thanks.
I haven't played AC but iRacing won't be a lot of fun if you don't know how to setup and tune a car for each track so if you just want to hop in and race I don't think iRacing would be what you are looking for.

I see a lot of people buying DreadOut and Banished. I'm interested in both, but both seem like bundle fodder. To buy or not to buy?

I see a lot of people buying DreadOut and Banished. I'm interested in both, but both seem like bundle fodder. To buy or not to buy?
What isn't bundle fodder these days? Seriously. There's a risk buying almost everything, except for Activision stuff and maybe Capcom.

What isn't bundle fodder these days? Seriously. There's a risk buying almost everything, except for Activision stuff and maybe Capcom.
Very true. I guess it all comes down to how soon you're going to play something and whether or not you'll be able to justify your purchase once the bundle inevitably comes around. I'm a naturally indecisive person so that doesn't help at all.

FWIW, you're only temporarily locked out on that browser so if you go back and use the one you were using before or even just the client it should still let you use the market.
Yes but I can't use the chrome steam inventory helper because I normally use Firefox. I am much more concerned about being able to list all the cards for the mere pennies each they will bring without any real effort on my part than doing anything else on the market.

Pick one and leave the other one for the bundles... i personally decided on banished as I am more likely to play the city builder before the horror game.

Bought Banished awhile ago for $5 and have no regrets. Decent city builder, almost more a "starvation manager," then builder. I'd guess the closest is Tropico though Tropico is piss easy compared to Banished.

So, I just played another half-hour of Korra and I still only have 1 'bending' ability.  Sigh.

I figured out what's really bothering me about the game though.  It's the environments.  They are all so barren and same-y so far.  Also, the 'city' maps buildings are so flat and featureless it's almost like I am playing a ps2 game.

Character models and details are fine, but there really isn't any variety so far in the environment. 

Also, the combat (again, I only have 1 bending ability so far) is pretty dull and uninteresting.

I may be done with it (for now? forever?  :whistle2:k  )

Not a fan of Wilhelm's robot drones skill, although I would like to see how he becomes Wilhelm in BL2 since it's presumably the same character?
Jacks is far and away the best "drone" character in the game. In fact, he's probably a little OP.

I will give you that the community votes did indeed suck and people are stupid, but the clicker game outside of unlocking more sales is a lame glitchy hamster wheel to nowhere.

It doesn't let you hunt for a chance at a cheap price at obscure games that never go on decent sales, it doesn't give a chance at getting a free game or getting extra bonus DLC for games. It doesn't give you an excuse to play the games you already own. All it does is basically lemming copy the latest fad that's got everyone playing some pointless half baked free game instead of games they actually paid for.
The things they did right with this sale:

-- minigame takes zero effort and everyone benefits. We're never ever going back to the days of events that require you to get achievements or play games as it's just too easy to fake. If there's gonna be one, at least it's not a pain in the ass.

-- good variety

-- quantity of deals

Things they did wrong:

-- everything else, but especially price.

I find myself buying stuff just because I'm bored with the sale. So I guess they win.

I feel like the community votes gave us something to complain about as a CAG family. We all came together in our hatred, and it bonded us allas a group.

This game got boring quickly for me.....at least with the votes I was garanteed cards and yeah we always saw the stupid voting going on. I do like the deals that come from the game....some of the better deals this sale usually with record lows for many indie games. Also some visual novels which is nice....though i'm debating the current Tokyo School Life.

Jacks is far and away the best "drone" character in the game. In fact, he's probably a little OP.
I switched to Nisha, and she is crazy. Her skill is so OP with head auto-targeting on a sniper rifle. Don't have the DLC characters, but the game should be a breeze soloing with that Nisha skill tree.

Sigh. And I just added Banished to the cart.

...But you're probably right.
The game has been due for a Humbling for the last few sales, now, and it hasn't happened.

It's only $5. Whether or not it finally gets bundled a week from now, if you want to play it now, just buy it. Believe me, you'll feel a hell of lot better once you stop stressing over what may or may not get bundled eventually.

The game has been due for a Humbling for the last few sales, now, and it hasn't happened.

It's only $5. Whether or not it finally gets bundled a week from now, if you want to play it now, just buy it. Believe me, you'll feel a hell of lot better once you stop stressing over what may or may not get bundled eventually.
This is actually the first time it hit $5. Nowhere else to go but bundle!

Rage dlc is good and well worth the 1.25 or whatever it is on sale. I recommend it.
Agreed.

Scorchers DLC is actually needed to keep the game-world actually open (so you can actually re-visit old areas) + to continue playing after you finish the base-game or DLC.

Otherwise, w/ the base-game only - after a certain point, you cannot return to old areas (one you hit the Subway Area, you can't return to certain older areas) + the game actually ends when you actually finish the base game campaign (WTF?).

Plus, Scorchers DLC is campaign is good & it actually has a final boss fight + an actual finish to its story - unlike the actual base-game.

Oh, and the best moment of the sale by far? Finally erasing LEGO Indiana Jones from my wishlist, thus ending a 2-3 year stalemate between me and the various publishers. :twisted:

bread's done
Back