Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Trying to find decent deals to bookmark for the end of the sale, came across this game had never heard of but sounds interesting:

SLAMMED! ($2.39; 40% off)

It's an all-text Wrestling game which you start as so nobody and try to work your way up to being the best. Fairly cheap ($2.39 iirc) and sounds decent. Got a demo so a plus there already. I'll probably try the demo at some point to just to have a post that actually kind of has more then a blurb about it =p. 

Figured though chuck it out there since there are some wrestling fans around. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Flash Sales
Ending 6/19 Group #1
65% off Beasts of Prey - $6.64
75% off Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition - $7.49
80% off Broken Sword Trilogy - $1.99 (80% off individual games)
80% off Broken Sword 4 - the Angel of Death - $1.99
80% off Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse - $4.99
78% off Bulletstorm - $4.39
75% off Damned - $4.99
50% off Distant Worlds: Universe - $29.99
85% off Hero Siege - $0.89 (35% off DLC)
75% off Jazzpunk - $3.74
85% off Mark of the Ninja - $2.24 (75% off DLC/85% off SE)
80% off Nom Nom Galaxy - $1.99
80% off PixelJunk Bundle - $5.99
66% off Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown - $10.19 (66% off packages)
50% off Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues - $22.49
76% off Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - $4.79
50% off WARMACHINE: Tactics - $19.99
75% off Tom Clancy Franchise

Flash Sales
Ending 6/19 Group #1

80% off Broken Sword 4 - the Angel of Death - $1.99
If you're like me and you have the BS games from various bundles--except for # 4 because it wasn't bundled(!)--this is probably the best time to pick it up unless you feel like waiting to see whether it does eventually turn up in a bundle. Given that 5 has been bundled twice and 4 hasn't appeared in one yet, you may be waiting a while, though.

Wow, that's the cheapest I think I've ever seen Bloodlines get.

I love that game. Seriously, if anyone doesn't own this - while it can be a major pain in the neck to get running properly (especially on newer PC's after Win XP), it's worth it if you can get it going.

While gameplay and combat isn't as great as most games w/ shooting elements that came after Mass Effect 2 (i.e.Bloodlines feels a bit clunky b/c it does gun-shots based on your stats + dice-rolls, not where you shoot someone) - the story, choices, and atmosphere are fantastic.

Basically...just see this thread, if you're trying to get it going + trying to avoid Steam from backwards-patching you (to last official Patch):

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2025035

My Advice:

Download the game from Steam. (duh!)

Back-up a clean copy of Bloodlines somewhere, in case you unofficially patch it and screw it up from working - in case you might need to reinstall that folder from scratch.

Disable Steam Features - Overlay, Community, and especially Forced Updates. These can cause problems w/ Steam-version if you want to mod it or use any unofficial patches - b/c unfortunately, Steam's been known back-patch you to last official version, which still had its issues. Last official version can be a pain to run on Modern OS's.

Unofficial patches solved A LOT of problems w/ running it on newer OS's - b/c they fixed + modded the EXE.

Install one of the unofficial patches - either Tessera or Wesp's Unofficial Patches.

Both have their followers - and both fixed EXE so it runs on Win XP + above.

I use Wesp's, personally.

Enjoy!

It's only discounted 1% more than it normally is..
Hey, it comes out to 21 cents. That's like, 3.5 sold cards worth of income.

Really though I was surprised to see it beyond 75% off. This is just another reason why this has been The Best Steam Sale Ever ©

Really for real really though that's a good deal and if you don't own Bloodlines you should buy it at that price

Hrmm...

As previously stated, Bloodlines is a fantastic game.  That ghost house still scares the crap out of me because I somehow ALWAYS end up playing that level when it's 2 am and the lights are out.

Warmachine... Warmachine... I just don't know... I've been tempted to nibble a few times (since I enjoy the TT but don't have time).  The DLC is just a bit much though.  I'm just not sure.  It's being passed through the "will I want to buy this before the next sale and thus pay more" filter in my head.

Hey, it comes out to 21 cents. That's like, 3.5 sold cards worth of income.

Really though I was surprised to see it beyond 75% off. This is just another reason why this has been The Best Steam Sale Ever ©

Really for real really though that's a good deal and if you don't own Bloodlines you should buy it at that price
Ughhhh, Sadpanda gonna Sadpanda.

Ughhhh, Sadpanda gonna Sadpanda.
photo-4119.png

You can tell it's a humdinger of a Steam sale when it's 45+ minutes between posts and the thread threatens to drop off the front page.

Quick!  Neuro!  We need a new thread to handle all these seasonal posts!

I know you guys have been getting all hot and bothersome about it, but I've been able to pick up everything I wanted.

By being a phoney. A bit fat phoney.

#LuxuriousAssGamer

Hehe

1342928253339_3864778.png

Honestly, the only thing on STEAM I bit on was Hyperdimension 1/2.

Lego Jurassic World I got from Bundlestars.

POE I got from GamesPlanet.

So not UNSUCCESSFUL, just not a great haul.

But it sounds like the games are mostly good ones you wanted that you will actually play. Is that such a bad thing.?
Nope, already playing Lego (almost done) and then I'll move on to HDN1/2. PoE I bought because I need a good RPG. I haven't bit on a full price game since I bit on GTAV and didn't play it :)

logo_main_english.png

We are performing server maintenance right now.
Please come back in a few minutes to start a new game.
0 people playing
0 games in progress

Do you all know what's worse than "playing" the monster clicky game?

Watching someone's script play it.
They use the twitch chat to coordinate game joining since Steam Groups only allow 1,000 people in a chat room. But yeah, watching it is boring as shit outside of the occasional big level jumps that exceed a million or more. Highest I think was around 4.4 million.

Also, most people don't actively play clicker games. They let the game play for them by focusing on auto-DPS or use a program/script to play it for them as if they were active. Numbers are fascinating for some reason.

Roughly the highest level reached so far (With the highest badge being now being 1,000,000):

steamgame6.png

I can't even tell what's going on in this monster clicker game anymore. All I see is a blank screen every 50 levels.

The wait is over! Rayman Origins is at 75 percent off at last! Even Raving Rabbids is discounted the same amount.

Everyone that was asking for Rayman Origins at 75% off gets their wish.

Ori and the Blind Forest is pretty new and got rave reviews. Might bite at only 40%, it's new low.

Hopefully Life is Strange has the season pass price wrong and it'll flip to 50%.

Risen 3 is waiting for someone in particular.

Still waiting for my pinball tables to hit a daily.

8 minutes too late to buy lichdom. Not seeing anything else for today, maybe Gothic universe. Risen 3 is something I'm looking forward to, but only at $5. Already got  Batman. 

mmmm. 

Ark is 17% off. Wasn't that the same price yesterday, when it wasn't a daily?

Edit: Confirmed by Syntax Error.

lichdom is stil 80% off
It was at like 86% bringing it to $5.19 instead of $8. My inner CAG is screaming at me.

And yeah ARK is the same exact price LOL. It's honestly a damn good game. Dev's been updating every single day. There's been like 13 patches so far since the game's early access like 2 weeks ago.

Edit: Speaking of which there's a patch up right now.

The dev confirmed in the forum that ARK wouldn't get any better discount because that would be unfair to people who bought it earlier.

Ok, fine.  I think he misses the point of a sale but whatever and he can discount it however he wants.  But from the Steam storefront end: why is it a Daily Deal?

The dev confirmed in the forum that ARK wouldn't get any better discount because that would be unfair to people who bought it earlier.

Ok, fine. I think he misses the point of a sale but whatever and he can discount it however he wants. But from the Steam storefront end: why is it a Daily Deal?
Same thing happened to Shadowrun. I hope the same thing doesn't apply to Castlevania, I wanted to get the Revelations DLC at 75% off and it hasn't flipped.

bread's done
Back