Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
25% off Dying Light is a daily deal? It's been down to almost half price on console at retail already.
Half? Please. Steam store Gamestop site glitch at launch for digital ps4 copy only $20 with season pass.

Really fun game, too. Much more so than Dead Island. I'm not even going to bother with the DI sequel, now.

i was caught up in the steam sales hype. but now i invested too much into building my pc to go back to consoles.
If we crowdfunded the money to pay you back for your PC would you get the hell out of here for good and go bother the console people?

If anyone seriously wants Rayman Origins, I suggest get it now. It's one of those games where the Steam and GOG versions are drm-free, as in it doesn't even use Steam's own drm.
I was already sold at it using Steam at that price + discount...

...But Steam without CEG and w/out 3rd-party DRM (DRM-FREE) = Best Of Both Worlds!!!

SOLD.

Checked ITAD - can't beat this price:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=raymanorigins

The other digital copies all seem to have Tages, which is worse than the current offering of Uplay.

I don't understand the extent of outrage some people have towards Uplay, at least the not always-online variant. It's better than when Ubisoft was so hooked on using Tages and Starforce.
Bleh @ Tages + StarForce.

Risen 3 is waiting for someone in particular.
tumblr_inline_mgkzac1uqn1qatt68.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Risen 1 is a solid game and a must buy.  Same with Gothics 1 and 2 (although I think you can only get the universe bundle or whatever).  If you don't own these games, you should.

Do NOT buy Arcania, though.  It's not made by Piranha Bytes and is beyond terrible.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010864832/recommended/39690/

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to buy Risen 1 since the price is bugged at -$1.73ish and you have to buy the whole bundle.  Not sure if it's an error or just an intentional and scummy marketing ploy.  You can get it from GOG, I believe.

Damn it.  I am an advertising executive's dream.

I had no interest in Risen or Gothics until I see Mooby promote them.  I just envision an old cereal commercial:  "Try it, Mooby likes it!"

Risen 1 is a solid game and a must buy. Same with Gothics 1 and 2 (although I think you can only get the universe bundle or whatever). If you don't own these games, you should.

Do NOT buy Arcania, though. It's not made by Piranha Bytes and is beyond terrible.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010864832/recommended/39690/
Hmmmm. I wonder why Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods (stand-alone expansion) is NOT in the Gothic Universe Bundle.

This is more like the Piranha Bytes Gothic Universe Bundle.

Gothic Universe Bundle = G1 + G2: Gold + G3 (base-game).

Yet, G3: FG is in Arcania + Gothic Bundle.

Probably for the best though, I guess.

I know most people didn't like G3: FG anywhere even close to as much as the 3 previous Gothic games. I have most of them from retail, but yeah - PB did not make G3: FG, by the way.

EDIT:

I absolutely loved Gothic 1; really liked Gothic 2; played a lot of Gothic 3 and liked it even despite its tons of issues; and really dug both Risen 1 + 2.

Hmmmm. I wonder why Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods (stand-alone expansion) is NOT in the Gothic Universe Bundle.

I know most people didn't like G3: FG anywhere even close to as much as the 3 previous Gothic games. I have most of them from retail, but yeah - PB did not make G3: FG, by the way.
From what I heard Forsaken Gods is an abomination.

Also if anybody wants to play G3 make sure to download the community patches floating around the internet because the game is apparently unplayable without them.

Damn it. I am an advertising executive's dream.

I had no interest in Risen or Gothics until I see Mooby promote them. I just envision an old cereal commercial: "Try it, Mooby likes it!"
Yeah, I bought the Gothic Arcania pack after seeing all the Gothic endorsements here. I already have Risen 1 and 2 though, and don't think I will finish those before the winter sale when Risen 3 will probably be 5 bucks.

I also have them from retail. Got the Gothic Universe bundle for a buck at Futureshop 5 years ago, and yes, its drm free. Don't have Forsaken Gods and it has a pretty bad reputation, though the Enhanced Edition patch should have helped quite a bit. The main issue is that it only has Myrtana, so its quite a bit smaller. Made by a different studio too.

Arcania is pretty meh overall. Nice graphics at times but poor optimization and really bad distant npc and beast animations. The world is split up into a bunch of zones connected to each other by connectors, kind of like Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. It's not terrible but really lacks the immersion that I experienced with Gothic 3.

Arcania+Gothic bundle is in my cart, I still have time to decide if I should buy it or not.

------------

I just exported all my files from Xfire. Damn, those screenshots sure brings out lots of good memories.

Forsaken Gods was also not made by PB.  It's fairly terrible.  It reuses the content of G3 and just adds different quests.  Avoid.  G1 and G2 obviously have dated graphics and the controls take getting used to but they are great games.  Risen 1 was in multiple Humble bundles I believe.  But, yeah $4 for the Gothic Universe bundle is a no brainer.

From what I heard Forsaken Gods is an abomination.

Also if anybody wants to play G3 make sure to download the community patches floating around the internet because the game is apparently unplayable without them.
I have all the Gothics (Gothic 1, 2, 3 + FG) from retail.

While I have G2 base-game (retail), I never got G2: Gold though - don't have NOTR expansion.

I really should get G2: Gold someday from somewhere, just to get the expansion. Always wanted to play that + own it, but never had it.

Maybe I should wait for a Gothic Humble Bundle. ;)

But, yes - Community Patches for Gothic 3 (base-game) are a MUST. Game has WAY less issues, w/ them patches installed.

I will say that PB needs to work on their animations. Their animating, especially the motions the characters make while in conversation, is absolutely hilarious and I don't think they meant it to be.

Don't buy Arcania. If you are a Tremorbro, however... they have a stockpile of copies from the German Humble Bundle, at 895 coins. FYI in case anyone does truly want it.

I already have Risen 1 and 2 though, and don't think I will finish those before the winter sale when Risen 3 will probably be 5 bucks.
Hm. Apparently so do I. Well, that makes the decision to hold off on Risen 3 much easier!

Bug I'm sold on gothic universe

For the super cheap you could get away with Gothic 2 (+expansion) for $2.  Unfortunately there's no other way (aside from GOG) you can get Gothic 1 on Steam.  And, imo, it's worth the extra $2 with Gothic 3 thrown in the bundle.  Gothic 3 is not a bad game, although it requires an unofficial/fan patch that improves performance (it is/was called the Community Patch (CP).  My issues with Gothic 3 are that the melee combat got significantly worse/floaty.  The world, will much MUCH larger is mostly empty space (especially Varant and Nordmar).  The 'exploration' is kind of crappy as loot in chests is randomized.  A lot of the quests are of the MMO variety (especially in the aforementioned regions).  The city liberations can get tedious if you go that route but it is kind of fun picking a faction and taking back the kingdom.

For the super cheap you could get away with Gothic 2 (+expansion) for $2. Unfortunately there's no other way (aside from GOG) you can get Gothic 1 on Steam. And, imo, it's worth the extra $2 with Gothic 3 thrown in the bundle. Gothic 3 is not a bad game, although it requires an unofficial/fan patch that improves performance (it is/was called the Community Patch (CP). My issues with Gothic 3 are that the melee combat got significantly worse/floaty. The world, will much MUCH larger is mostly empty space (especially Varant and Nordmar). The 'exploration' is kind of crappy as loot in chests is randomized. A lot of the quests are of the MMO variety (especially in the aforementioned regions). The city liberations can get tedious if you go that route but it is kind of fun picking a faction and taking back the kingdom.
But the soundtrack though.

Nordmar is difficult to navigate, compared to the other two regions.

Question for all you Castlevania gamers:

Story-wise + character-wise, do I really need to play Lord of Shadows Ultimate before Mirror of Fate HD?

Wow, the controls in Beasts of Prey suck dino dong.  Combat is determined by God only knows what but it's not common sense or anything like it.

Question for all you Castlevania gamers:

Story-wise + character-wise, do I really need to play Lord of Shadows Ultimate before Mirror of Fate HD?
nope. I'm playing it without having played much of LOS and it's a good story. You can read some background to be safe, I did ;)

BTW, ALL castlevania games are better after reading a bit

noob question but what is torchlight 2. better to ask someone with hands on experience rather than googling it
Torchlight 2 is developed by some former FATE dev's (i.e. Travis Baldree) + Diablo 1 & 2 dev's (some former Ex-Blizzard dev's).

If you like ARPG's, it's a no-brainer - it's great, gameplay-wise.

It's very similar to Diablo 2, TBH.

TL2 is way more cartoon-y + Steampunk, though - when compared to Diablo 2.

Has the following: SP, MP, or LAN support.

EDIT:

Also, go read my review/manifesto on TL2:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/200710

If we crowdfunded the money to pay you back for your PC would you get the hell out of here for good and go bother the console people?
yes, i will. i did not get all my pc parts on sale tho. alot of those were for msrp price + the sale taxes.

i accept cash only, no money order or checks

yes, some of the developers from the original diablo 2 left and made torchlight
the only person at Runic worth a shit is Travis Baldree who was never with Blizzard...he created Fate, the other two dipshits from blizzard are just cling ons and jumped on his back when Flaghship studios and Bill Roper shit out Hellgate London

/MysterD moment

bread's done
Back