Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Ohhh, Nuuvem got a little face lift. Look'n good honey.

No deals to speak of, though.
There was some chatter about it on Reddit. They also registered nuuvem.com so now it's not just nuuvem.com.br and the site is available in English now.

Some Redditors speculated they may be trying to go legit international with the official blessing of the publishers, which of course would mean different regional pricing.

Seems to be a work in progress since a lot of games seem to have not available for the moment and if you sort by deals nothing shows up even though there are clearly some games on sale, though nothing amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
They show different games for different regions now.  For example, Life is Strange doesn't exist on the English site and if I reach the .com.br site without a proxy it comes up but the price says "unavailable".  But if I use a Brazilian proxy, it comes up for sale.

The person on my team who was assigned to VR simulators ended up getting pretty bad vertigo from one of them.

Dark Souls III and Bethesda gave out some pretty good swag.
Oh DPsycho, you're such a morans! Paying to go to E3 when we got the same experience and cooler swag from the E3 Humble Bundle.

I'm totally not jealous.

On an off note these E-mote game systems in some VNs now are interesting. Games I know that use them are Nekopara Vol 1 and Tokyo School Life. It's kind of cool to see the faces and bodies and stuff but the bouncing and weird movements sometimes are interesting to say the least. 

The person on my team who was assigned to VR simulators ended up getting pretty bad vertigo from one of them.

Dark Souls III and Bethesda gave out some pretty good swag.
What was Dark Souls giving out? I got the pin sets from Bethesda, they're pretty neat. I loved the Rift, more so EVE Valkyrie, but I've got actual piloting experience so I was less prone to heaving up lunch during play. It will give you definite motion sickness, but so would actually doing barrel rolls in a jet.

repeat-button.jpg

Have the new discounts not hit yet or are they really just repeating the best games, but without their daily discounts? 

Nevermind, Steam is slow. 

Lucky you guys, getting to swim through hordes of malodorous neckbeards and fat, sweaty basement dwellers with glandular problems to look at girls who are paid to be there and get items you'll never use, like Amiibo magnets and EA Sports lanyards.

I feel like every flip time on the big sales I should just get a bot that posts 'ZOMG THESE PRICES ARE TERRIBLE' to just get it out of the way before someone else does.

Lucky you guys, getting to swim through hordes of malodorous neckbeards and fat, sweaty basement dwellers with glandular problems to look at girls who are paid to be there and get items you'll never use, like Amiibo magnets and EA Sports lanyards.
Since not in yellow... the actual real takeaway was there was a ton of diversity at the show with very few of the typical "neckbeardy" types. And the most egregious booth babe situations was at Capcom and it was still gross. The free T-shirts will definitively get worn. *shrug*

I got to meet a lot of indie devs, too. Had a blast.

Edit: Nintendo still had their super awkward 3DS-chained-to-women demo system. It makes sense in the "keeping people entertained in long lines" sense, but was super awkward to play if the woman in question obviously didn't want to be there.

I just realized how few thread pages elapsed from the start of the sale til now.  

Congrats everyone on not breaking the thread... even a little bit.

I feel a bit like this guy:

confetti-cannon.jpg

Anything last minute I should pick up?  Never picked up Witcher or Batman.  May regret that... may not.

I never kept track of previous years, but do the 2 encore days for this year's summer sale seem to have more titles up than usual?

Kinda glad there are no more flash sales.  Now I can pull the trigger on a couple of games that I've been waiting to see if they would get any cheaper.

Absolutely not glad though that all these games I struggled to say no to the first time are back staring me in the face.  :)

So, it looks like anything that that was due to end today or already off daily/flash/monster sale will be repeated till Monday. Sales that were already scheduled to end tomorrow, conclude on time.

Encore Weekend
See this post for a list of all summer sale items.

Disappointed that FX2 tables didn't get a real deal this sale and Invisible, Inc didn't catch an encore.

However, I do need to take a moment to pimp Ori and the Blind Forest. If you're even remotely interested by Metroidvanias (I fucking hate that word, but it's an accurate description), you need to pick this up. I know it's only 40%, but it's worth it at $12. The atmosphere is beautiful, the skill progression - both by player choice and character enhancement - plays perfectly into the world, and it has a touching story to go along with it. As cutesy as it looks, it's still challenging, especially if you head into an area you're not equipped for yet. I'm only about 3 hours in, but I don't regret the purchase even a little, and I can't wait to jump back into it tonight.

Had second thoughts about not picking up some of the Tom Clancy stuff that was on flash. Saw that it wasn't worthy of the encore day. Oh well... Anybody have any thoughts on hidden gems to pick up from the sale?

No Monkey Island 1+2 pack this time. Also no Blackwell Epiphany flash/daily - that was recently in the $8 tier of a Humble weekly, so it may be awhile before a deep Steam discount.

It bears repeating that Arx Fatalis is 50% off ($2.49), and that game practically never goes on sale. There's a cross-platform port called Arx Libertatis which helps the game run on modern systems, fixes bugs/glitches, etc.

So if I can ever manage to buy Lego: The Hobbit @ 108% off, can I just ask for a refund before 2 hours with the following reason:  "Price change"

*Edit: Price changed

eh, was able to get the Don't Starve dlc cuz i missed it first time it went on sale, and finally got Castle Crashers. was hoping Drox Operative might go below it's persistent 60%, but it didn't, so whatever.

Anything last minute I should pick up? Never picked up Witcher or Batman. May regret that... may not.
You've never played any Batman game? The first two are terrific. You ought to at least try one if you like action games with a bit of stealth and a lot of beatdowns. Start with Asylum if you're unsure. $4.99 looks like the new standard sale price for all the games in the series, so you'll likely see them at this price a few more times before the end of the year.

I think I'll also grab Ikaruga before the sale ends. It's only been discounted twice since it's released and isn't sold anywhere else AFAIK. The dev could forget about steam sales and never have a discount again.. or it could get bundled.

Age of Empires II HD Edition: The Forgotten Expansion (DLC) ZYP97-R5ANA-FXBQW
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack L404N-5WNF6-ERRVZ
Blue Rose 6P8G8-4P0D9-W4BYK
Company of Heroes 9E976-P33XN-20JTY
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut 6GPBJ-BPQQH-Z520P
Drakensang: The River of Time DFN4T-RPLKY-FKJ6K
Frozen Synapse Prime (Double Pack) TLT47-BJPYG-F6KP8
Lilly Looking Through XMMX8-AI8V9-XJGCA
Psychonauts I4E5K-Q4MFQ-98GG6
QuestRun ILKRR-ERBP9-6G0KW
Shattered Haven BIB7X-A8YGJ-EHF3T
Steel Storm BR2P5-B5I4B-GYVPE
Time Gentleman Please, Ben There Dan That Double Pack J4BDX-TWV5G-7JNK0
Tower Wars DT7XI-EFDWB-WYRB3
Vertical Drop Heroes HD PRQI5-ARBCD-77GLZ
Zack Zero C04NM-VWHW2-D4YIL

[Awesome drops]

Awesome drop, bro.

Got Lilly Looking Through thank you

You've never played any Batman game? The first two are terrific. You ought to at least try one if you like action games with a bit of stealth and a lot of beatdowns. Start with Asylum if you're unsure. $4.99 looks like the new standard sale price for all the games in the series, so you'll likely see them at this price a few more times before the end of the year.
Thanks BTW. I played the first 2 on consoles. (though I seem to recall having one that was GFWL so maybe not) Neither are in my Steam library so I'm not sure. I skipped the 3rd one. I also don't know that the 4th one is for me. I'm just waffling.

Anyone recommend Age Of Mythology HD? I did play the old one...not the expansion...was alright though farming for god points got a little old IMHO.

bread's done
Back