Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone play Sunless Sea? I know its only 40% off, but it looks pretty cool
Already past the Point of No Refund, getting ready to declare it to be my favorite purchase of the new sale, although The Long Dark has an inside track because femshep.

There's not a ton of gameplay, it's mostly just exploration with some resource management and clunky naval combat, but there is a TON of story. It's similar to economic/trading games (Patrician, Port Royale, Rise of Venice), except your major trade is actual stories that get doled out via a choose-your-own-adventureish mechanic. Dock at a port, talk to some weirdos, get scared, go to some other port & tell them about it, level up. Buy supplies, kill monster jellyfish, eat monster jellyfish, get attacked by pirates, die. Upon death, you start over with some new characteristics based on previous lives, slightly similar to Rogue Legacy.

My biggest gripe is the text size not being scaleable. Much of this game is spent reading colorful and entertaining descriptions and dialogue. Being an old man with failing vision who sits in a recliner too far from the monitor, I get some awful eye-strain after about 30 minutes. Pretty sure i'll be able to fix that by buying a bigger monitor though.

tl;dr: trading sim reskinned into 2deep4u roguesque visual novel. Buy it now, or later, or when it gets bundled.

Is the Long Dark worth it at $9.99 or keep waiting?  I didn't know about Jennifer Hale and that has me wanting to pull the trigger now. 

Today's haul

Space hulk ascension
20oz Liberty brewery nut brown ale x2
Tommy texas cheese fries
Grilled chicken sandwich w/grilled onions, grilled mushrooms and hot sauce dlc
French fries

Will pick up before end of day

Sweet josie brown ale x2(maybe 3)

Hoping to get gifted

Bj

Y'know, it occurs to me: after each major sale, at least a handful of the indie games available during the sale hit a bundle or an even higher discount not a week or two afterwards.

I wonder how many of those devs are gonna bitch about an unfair refund system.

:whistle2:k :beer:
While lingering in lines one morning at E3, I listened to indie devs talk, primarily ones who work on console games. The Steam refund thing had them going "Nope.Nope.Nope." I find it odd that so many of these folks are against offering a very good service that should be in place. They then said they'd love to be on GOG, which has an even more lenient refund policy... o_O

Are the Payday 2 heist DLCs worth it? I know you can play it as long as the host owns the DLC and that's probably what I'd be doing the majority of the time. I'm gonna pick up some weapons and was wondering if I should go ahead and get the heists too.

While lingering in lines one morning at E3, I listened to indie devs talk, primarily ones who work on console games. The Steam refund thing had them going "Nope.Nope.Nope." I find it odd that so many of these folks are against offering a very good service that should be in place. They then said they'd love to be on GOG, which has an even more lenient refund policy... o_O
They're just fucking lemmings. Some people rant about it on Twitter and suddenly they all nod their head. It's also cool to throw shit at 'the man' but root for the supposed underdog, even if the circumstances are actually similar.

Unless you're a scam artist, you shouldn't want someone to buy something they can't play or they hate. The fact that people in the past had no real recourse to refund or consumer protection at all doesn't erase the fact that people who couldn't get games to work or just absolutely disliked it and found it wasn't what they had thought at all got stuck with games, would likely badmouth to others and probably wouldn't want to buy from that developer again.

Some of that could have been alleviated with demos but I have heard many indies whine that making a demo takes extra time and resources so they just can't do it etc.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Anyway, if they want to pawn off shit on people who will buy anything and can't get a refund there's still plenty of indie bundles for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of that could have been alleviated with demos but I have heard many indies whine that making a demo takes extra time and resources so they just can't do it etc.
We all know they won't make demo's because half these early access titles are really just money scams. Yea some start with the best of intentions but really, we're developing the development of garbage in most cases.

Look at the Steam sale. How many sales were there on EA games? You're putting something on sale before it even launched. Don't they see the issue with that? Just because you call it "alpha" or "beta" these items are FOR SALE.

Let alone demo's. Most of us old-timers remember demo's. They came in magazines FFS. They were pretty cool. You got a sample of the game, you could check to see if it'd play, AND you could easily get some to test out you might not otherwise sample. Nowadays they call the scam F2P with tons of DLC.

Unless you're a scam artist, you shouldn't want someone to buy something they can't play or they hate.
That's the crux of it. Take some pride in your work, stand by it and be willing to accept if some people dislike it or have some other issue. If the only way you can make a buck is by locking people into a purchase, you're in the wrong line of work.

Haul:

Killer is Dead 

Transistor

Metal Slug X 

Metal Slug 3 

Child of Light 

How to Survive - Storm Warning Edition

(not counting the +1's)

DLC:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Revelations DLC

Don't Starve - Reign of Giants

Outlast: Whistleblower DLC

I've almost bought Nidhogg, Rogue Legacy, Banished and Legend of Grimrock 2, but I still try to avoid getting indie games from Steam store, because of bundles.

Overall, that was suprisingly good sale. The clicker/script game event was dull, however I saw many promising discounts, so I'm waiting for the regular pricedrops and next sales.

I'm mildy disturbed by games that was featured as dailies, without deepening the discount - I hope it won't become an ongoing trend.

I'm so busy that I hardly ever come to CAG anymore.  I had to turn my CAG-regular badge in, but if I post now at least I'm still a seasonal!  *whew.*

My haul
Probably should have spoilered this. Sorry guys.
Bought with card idling money
Despair
Gifted to me
Prison architect thanks tebow.

Modest haul:

Outlast: The Whistleblower DLC
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Call of Juarez Gunslinger ***
L.A. Noire (gift copy during price error)

Looks like Ubisoft was the big winner of my heart.

Probably will buy:
Arx Fatalis (first discount in 2-3 years)
Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Might get one of these:
Bioshock Infinite (will be cheaper somewhere like GMG, maybe a future GOTY edition)
Ether One

Wanted to get Rayman Origins but completely forgot about it shortly after the deals changed over, and I was a few minutes late to remember it was a 24-hour deal instead of 48-hour deal.

***I was able to refund Blood Dragon and got the bundle with that and Gunslinger for cheaper. No issues with uPlay key - activated and played a little of Blood Dragon. Saved $1.24 and earned my summer 2015 CAG badge.

My haul:

Despair

Valkyria Chronicles

Outlast Whistleblower DLC

King of Fighters 2002

King of Fighters 98

Don't Starve Reign of Giants

Legend of Korra

Metal Slug X

Alien Isolation Season Pass

Gas Guzzlers Extreme Full Metal Zombie DLC

Ys VI

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 + all DLC

J.U.L.I.A

Spelunky

Dino D-Day Last Stand DLC

Dreadout

Astebreed

Splinter Cell Collection

Splinter Cell Conviction Insurgency DLC

Strider

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC

Rainbow Six Collection

Ghost Recon Future Soldier Deluxe

Ghost Recon Future Soldier Season Pass

H.A.W.X.

Assassins Creed

Assassins Creed 2 Deluxe

Assassins Creed Brotherhood Deluxe

Assassins Creed 3 Deluxe

Assassins Creed Revelations Gold

Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag Gold (not part of this sale, but I finally activated it!)

Borderlands 2 GOTY (Price glitch)

Risen 3 Complete (tremor price glitch)

Gifts from generous people during sale:

Magicite (thanks Neuro!)

Block N Load (thanks tebow!)

Slender the Arrival (thanks Mind Link!)

Shadowrun Dragonfall (thanks Mind Link!)

Hatoful Boyfriend (thanks Syntax Error!)

Beasts of Prey (thanks Severose!)

Sudeki (thanks Bobby!)

Might also buy a few things during the last day of the sale, but this is mostly it, sale has been great for me.

EDIT: Forgot to add Beasts of Prey under gifted games, woops! Corrected.

EDIT 2 : Added Bobby to gifter list!

At the last minute I picked up:

Subnautica.  It's ok so far.  But my laptop heats up too much to play it for long.  (the graphics is right under the WASD keys... even with vent it's too hot)  It'll likely be reserved for the gaming desktop (or TV screen)

Windward.  Which is like a bigger more up to date Sid Meier's Pirates.

Starpoint Gemini 2 + DLC.  (didn't get to try tonight)

I couldn't convice myself to by Arx.... too many reviews say you log out of it, log in, and find everything you worked to build destroyed.  Seems like a game killer to me.

7 Days to Die
Payday 2 + some random DLCs
The Witcher 2
Goat Simulator + GoatZ
Cities: Skylines
The Forest
The Long Dark

Definitely spent more than I usually do, but mostly because I was tired of ~$80 just sitting in my Steam wallet rotting away. I'm still probably going to pick up Fallout NV Ultimate Edition, but I have the base game and it's actually cheaper for me to buy the Ultimate Edition altogether than to just pick up the DLCs individually. 

Since we're all doing hauls, here's mine:

The Long Dark      
Ironclad Tactics - Deluxe Edition Upgrade        
Ori and the Blind Forest        
Circuits        
Astebreed        
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds        
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale        
Mount and Blade: Warband        
Final Fantasy IV            
Ys I and II Chronicles        
Ys Origin            
Transistor        
Road Redemption        
QuestRun
Lethal League
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut        
0RBITALIS        
Legend of Grimrock 2        
Child of Light        
This War of Mine        
Darkest Dungeon        
Orbital Gear     
Ziggurat

DLC:

SpaceChem: 63 Corvi

The Escapists - Fhurst Peak Correctional Facility

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with what I got.

Gifts from generous people during sale:

Magicite (thanks Neuro!)

Block N Load (thanks tebow!)

Slender the Arrival (thanks Mind Link!)

Shadowrun Dragonfall (thanks Mind Link!)

Hatoful Boyfriend (thanks Syntax Error!)

Might also buy a few things during the last day of the sale, but this is mostly it, sale has been great for me.
The fuck are you guys doing? It's like you've given up and now let him auto-spoder from you.

Yeah, if someone gifted me that many games (OR ANY GAMES AT ALL) I'd probably think it was a gr8 sale too. Had to use card money for everything I bought.

question: So I got a Foil card from the monster game, what should I do with it? Turn it to 200 gems? I can't sell it in the market, not sure why.

The fuck are you guys doing? It's like you've given up and now let him auto-spoder from you.

Yeah, if someone gifted me that many games (OR ANY GAMES AT ALL) I'd probably think it was a gr8 sale too. Had to use card money for everything I bought.
I'll be honest, Spoder is probably responsible for the most heads up/free games/glitches/etc. type announcements for during a year so he probably earns a free game or two from people due to that. If I wasn't a selfish, cheap bastard and if I wasn't mad about Life is Feudal, I might gift him something.

wat

so u reward getting games for free with free games

u guys are like chunky tuna sniffing donald trumps

thx you sir for your tax break, have a tax break for not paying taxes

I'll be honest, Spoder is probably responsible for the most heads up/free games/glitches/etc. type announcements for during a year so he probably earns a free game or two from people due to that. If I wasn't a selfish, cheap bastard and if I wasn't mad about Life is Feudal, I might gift him something.
Almost gave him all my leftover Summer Sale cards but Bobby got them instead because he was online. ;)

u so jellos
jelly%20jam.jpg

My Haul:

The Secret World
Morrowind Game of the Year
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 (NE)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (ROW)
Killer is Dead
The Long Dark
RPG Maker 2003
Gunhound
Silence of the Sleep
7 Days to Die
HuniePop
Legend of Grimrock 2
Sir, You Are Being Hunted Steam
Metro Redux Bundle
Valkyria Chronicles™

probably spent around $20 thanks to Steam credit. Debating getting Legend of Heroes since I already own it on psp.

Can't decide if I should get FFXIII now or wait for it to drop lower like when it was at Newegg half a year ago....

or maybe get Hyperdimension 2, since I just started the 1st today and it actually has great gameplay.

or maybe get Hyperdimension 2, since I just started the 1st on today and it actually has great gameplay.
Well if you're enjoying the first one you should enjoy the second one. The story and characters aren't quite as good and it does recycle a lot of dungeons and enemies from the first game, but I'm still enjoying it.

Also I can't imagine when it'll go on sale for 70% off again. In fact I think this sale is the first time the first game dropped that low so the next major sale for the second one probably won't be until Steam's next Winter Sale. And even then I can't imagine it'll drop any lower than maybe 75-80% off.

Thinking of grabbing new Vegas. Also that endless legend game looks like a lot of fun. Kinda tempted to complete my total war collection as well.

livin' it up at the haul-tel California...

Drox Operative
Castle Crashers
Don't Starve - Reign of Giants
The Stanley Parable
Hatoful Boyfriend Collector's Edition
Napoleon: Total War 
Sakura Spirit
Rayman Origins
Shadow Warrior

How to Survive - Storm Warning Edition
Agarest: Generations of War 2
Besiege
Legend of Grimrock 2
DeadCore
From secret santa LN3000:
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
You Must Build A Boat

What? Why? Is there some actual evidence behind this or is it just Foxhack Foxhacking?
Please don't use that name, call it by its proper name - paranoia.

Really though, most of these cards came from other accounts, cough cough.

Maybe he means having to input his SSN?
Nah, I did that a while ago. I kinda had to or else I could get my store switched out for the Mexican one. Being half gringo sucks.

Hatoful Boyfriend
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Strider
Driver: Parallel Lines
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
A Story 'bout Mah Bundle
Killer is Dead
Child of Light
I, Zombie
Camera Obscura
The Albino Hunter
Knightmare Tower
OMG Zombies
Valkyria Chronicles™

Adventurer Manager - GMG

Did Dark Souls (2) not have a feature deal? Kind of surprising.
Had to make room for Ark and its zero percent additional discount

Tebow chat would be so much more fun with Borderland and that Upset Panda guy in it. I need to friend 'em.
Not gonna lie, had a lot of fun in tebow chat during e3 reveals. Everybody bitched with zeal which is typically reserved for steam sales, plus bruticus participated which always makes everything more interesting

I've got $10 left on steam, any recommendations?

Thinking of picking up Mount & Blade Warband for $4

Also thinking about Binding of Isaac Rebirth

Or Valkyria Chronicles.. 

fuck cant decide

Despite buying a lot of stuff, I felt that this sale was pretty disappointing. Hardly anything I really wanted dropped to 75% off and a few things that actually did go that low didn’t have their DLC discounted to match it.

Most of the stuff I bought had either been things sitting on my wishlist forever that I’d passed on many times before, minor wants, or was dirt cheap and came with cards.

I was pretty happy to finally get Banished, Driver SF, Child of Light, Door Kickers, and the 2 Hyperdimension games.

Shantae's Risky Revenge
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Hive Complete
The Hate Man: Shadow World
The Federation + DLC
Particula
Space Hulk Ascension
Space Hulk - Ultimate Pack
Strider
Men of War: Red Tide
Mortal Kombat Komplete