Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Daily Deal = Gone Home

Gone Home

Game only = $2.39 (88% off)

Game + Soundtrack Bundle = $9.49 (62% off)

Soundtrack DLC = $4.99 (0% off)

Note -> Cheaper to buy game + soundtrack each a piece ($7.38 total) instead of the bundle ($9.49).

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Canadians in the thread today?

YOUR WOMEN SUCK AT FOOTBALL.

:whee:
What do you expect? Canadians aren't known for their witches.

Quirrell_counter_jinx.png

Cheaper still to not buy this piece of trash in the first place.

Dull as dishwater.
It's more exciting to play Gone Home for real.

The other day I came home from work and I couldn't find my wife, so I decided to scour the house for clues. I grabbed a coke from the fridge and began to sip it to ready my mind for the challenge ahead. I looked in every drawer and cabinet in the kitchen. I read all the mail on the kitchen counter. It was today's mail, she had been here earlier. I moved into the living room, she wasn't there. I turned on the TV. The Women's World Cup was on, I watched it for a few minutes before my wife walked out of the bedroom.

Ahh, she had been to the bathroom. Mystery solved.

THE END

*credits roll*

I actually enjoyed Gone Home. Granted, it's not so much a game as it is a interactive story. And being able to relate to the time period certainly adds to the nostalgia factor.

I actually enjoyed Gone Home. Granted, it's not so much a game as it is a interactive story. And being able to relate to the time period certainly adds to the nostalgia factor.
I agree w/ this.

I actually really liked enjoyed it - namely b/c of the setting, atmosphere, and (this next part might not be everyone's cup of tea) the actual story.

It's not a long game, by any means: 2-3 hours tops per play-through. The real question for most might be - should I replay this?

If you plan to replay it - maybe once w/out commentary, maybe another w/ it - yeah, you might actually get your $2.39 worth.

B/c of its shortness + possible lack of replay value...If anyone actually does plan to buy this, I do suggest getting it cheap. VERY cheap - in a sale like this, sale cheaper than this, trade for it on The Cesspool for some other extra garbage key(s) you want to rid of, buy it cheap on The Cesspool, or something.

I agree w/ this.

I actually really liked enjoyed it - namely b/c of the setting, atmosphere, and (this next part might not be everyone's cup of tea) the actual story.

It's not a long game, by any means: 2-3 hours tops per play-through. The real question for most might be - should I replay this?

If you plan to replay it - maybe once w/out commentary, maybe another w/ it - yeah, you might actually get your $2.39 worth.

B/c of its shortness + possible lack of replay value...If anyone actually does plan to buy this, I do suggest getting it cheap. VERY cheap - in a sale like this, sale cheaper than this, trade for it on The Cesspool for some other extra garbage key(s) you want to rid of, buy it cheap on The Cesspool, or something.
But the real question is have you ever stopped playing the game or is it your new reality?

We need a Gone Home 2 where you play the role of MysterD coming home looking for his retail copy of HuniePop for a selfie.

I noticed that a lot of people play "play" Clicker Heroes, so I checked it out after becoming unnaturally engrossed in the silly Steam summer sale game. I was pleasantly surprised to find that CH is a lot more polished and interesting than the Steam game. Oddly, the game appears to be fully free of nagging microtransactions, so I guess the revenue comes from people crazy enough to buy the fully optional Rubies.

I wasted a lot of time looking through the Steam user-created guides. The very best info I got came from the Reddit FAQ that's linked in-game -- though for some reason I completely overlooked it until last. (be sure to check the New Players Click Here link at the top of the FAQ too).

Speaking of a waste of time, I think everyone will acknowledge the game falls squarely into that category -- but if you're the kind of person that loves upgrading stuff in games then you'll probably spend far too much time fooling around with Clicker Heroes and should run far, far away.

I noticed a lot of people play "play" Clicker Heroes, so I checked it out after becoming unnaturally engrossed in the silly Steam summer sale game. I was pleasantly surprised to find that CH is a lot more polished and interesting than the Steam game. Oddly, the game appears to be fully free of nagging microtransactions, so I guess the revenue comes from people crazy enough to buy the fully optional Rubies.

I wasted a lot of time looking through the Steam user-created guides. The very best info I got came from the Reddit FAQ that's linked in-game -- though for some reason I completely overlooked it until last. (be sure to check the New Players Click Here link at the top of the FAQ too).

Speaking of a waste of time, I think everyone will acknowledge the game falls squarely into that category -- but if you're the kind of person that loves upgrading stuff in games then you'll probably spend far too much time fooling around with the Clicker Heroes and should run far, far away.
It's my GOTY. It seems silly and pointless, but I love that I can actively play it for a minute and feel like I accomplished something. Or leave it running in the background to farm a bit. And yes, it's tons better than that mess that Valve cooked up. HL3 confirmed to be clicker game.

New deals flipped on both WinGameStore + MacGameStore.

Nothing notable or price-worthy, IMHO.

But, in case some of y'all want to look...

WinGameStore -> http://www.wingamestore.com/

MacGameStore -> http://www.macgamestore.com/
There's Tropico 5 which is slightly better than steam at 80% off, but at this point if you haven't gotten it yet and want it you might as well wait for the inevitable GotY/Gold/Platinum/Whatever version with the DLC to be released and go on sale.

A couple of those 'deals' like Gone Home at 75% off and Deus Ex HR for $5 are downright laughable.

Oh and there's a Big Fish Bundle (not Steam duh) for the Mac people. ;)

It's my GOTY. It seems silly and pointless, but I love that I can actively play it for a minute and feel like I accomplished something. Or leave it running in the background to farm a bit. And yes, it's tons better than that mess that Valve cooked up. HL3 confirmed to be clicker game.
I haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet but I played the Summer Sale knock off so I get the idea.

With all the embarrassment and shame of all these thousands of games we have and never play it's kind of a CAG's dream game to be able to say you 'played' a game without having to actually, you know, play it.

The other day I came home from work and I couldn't find my wife, so I decided to scour the house for clues. I grabbed a coke from the fridge and began to sip it to ready my mind for the challenge ahead. I looked in every drawer and cabinet in the kitchen. I read all the mail on the kitchen counter. It was today's mail, she had been here earlier. I moved into the living room, she wasn't there. I turned on the TV. The Women's World Cup was on, I watched it for a few minutes before my wife walked naked out of the bedroom followed by a nude Sunasun.

Ahh, she had been to burgertown. Mystery solved.

THE END

*credits roll*
Ftfy

The other day I came home from work and I couldn't find my wife partner, so I decided to scour the house for clues. I grabbed a coke from the fridge and began to sip it to ready my mind for the challenge ahead. I looked in every drawer and cabinet in the kitchen. I read all the mail on the kitchen counter. It was today's mail, she he had been here earlier. I moved into the living room, she he wasn't there. I turned on the TV. The Women's World Cup was on, I watched it for a few minutes before my wife partner walked naked out of the bedroom followed by a nude Sunasun.

Ahh, she he had been to burgertown hotdog town. Mystery solved.

THE END

*credits roll*

FIFY sunasun :whistle2: :D/

Gone Home was on a bundle, but it was in a $7+ tier with some mediocre games so I didn't bite. In for 88% off.
It was in the BTA tier of Humble Bundle Indie 12 with Luftrausers, Monaco, Papers Please, Race the Sun and The Bridge.

That's a nice BTA tier right there.

What do you expect? Canadians aren't known for their witches.

Quirrell_counter_jinx.png
Yep. Canadians don't go in for that witchy stuff. They don't need not Sorting hat. They have Medicine Hat.

They don't play with wands, they play with sticks.

Brooms are for curling, and quidditch has more in common with that sissy sort of hockey europeans play. Canadians appreciate a goon.

It was in the BTA tier of Humble Bundle Indie 12 with Luftrausers, Monaco, Papers Please, Race the Sun and The Bridge.

Very good bta. Of the games in that tier i've played (luftrausers, monaco, papers, and race the sun) I'd say gone home is actually by far the worst. The tier is almost worth it for Race The Sun on its own.

Very good bta. Of the games in that tier i've played (luftrausers, monaco, papers, and race the sun) I'd say gone home is actually by far the worst. The tier is almost worth it for Race The Sun on its own.
Eh, not really. It was bundled in a $1 tier in a Humble before even that but not a bundle as visible as a HIB.. Race The Sun is a cool game, I'm not knocking its quality, but it wasn't worth a $7 tier on its own. That entire tier was good.

I'd say Gone Home is worth $2. It depends on the individual gamer, as I can totally understand how someone would be like wtf is this while playing it.

Meh. I just didn't think it was worth it. Had little interest in Papers Please and Monaco. The rest just didn't seem to be worth $7. Also, it would have been out of pocket while I can buy Gone Home on Steam with Gabenbucks.

I noticed that a lot of people play "play" Clicker Heroes, so I checked it out after becoming unnaturally engrossed in the silly Steam summer sale game. I was pleasantly surprised to find that CH is a lot more polished and interesting than the Steam game. Oddly, the game appears to be fully free of nagging microtransactions, so I guess the revenue comes from people crazy enough to buy the fully optional Rubies.

Speaking of a waste of time, I think everyone will acknowledge the game falls squarely into that category -- but if you're the kind of person that loves upgrading stuff in games then you'll probably spend far too much time fooling around with Clicker Heroes and should run far, far away.
Rubies can be gotten from special clickable treasure monsters, too. I don't know why anyone would want to buy rubies when you can get them in the game easily. 1.5 Million monster achievement can only be gotten while having the game open, so you'll have to let it idle on-screen for a while. I just wrote an autohotkey script that searches the window for the image and clicks on it to get my free rubies.

bread's done
Back