Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Beat Arkham Knight this weekend.  Good game, but too much fluff.  There were some funny bugs such as falling through the map and all the red was replaced by blue.  But otherwise a fun game.  Worth $30, but not the full price.  Probably the weakest link in the Rocksteady trilogy, but still a recommended play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno if my google-fu sucks today or it just doesn't exist yet.. I remember someone (Motoki?) posting that JShackles was working on a companion program to idlemaster to run all games with card drops remaining for 2 hours.  I can't find the post, or anything online.  Anyone have any info or a link?

Thanks Tomasety!

Edit:  I guess it hasn't been released yet.  I dunno why I expected it to have been already.

HYNywwV.jpg

ZvZXC4x.jpg

I have everything but the Sniper challenge... and 5 fuck ing dollars for that shit blows my mind
Same here, for the most part.

I have all the Hitman base-games (Codename 47, SA, Contracts, BM, and Absolution).

I'm missing all the Hitman: Ab DLC's + Sniper Challenge.

I love how they give you all of these sexy screenshots of the game "in action." But when you actually go to play it, you find yourself on a rooftop, at night, overlooking a set of rooftops, and you have to kill certain people in order. One mission, one level, game ends. You get XP and some nice perks that can be loaded to Hitman Absolution, but that's it. I can't believe they want $25 for it normally.

From a balcony overlooking a roof-top party, you are tasked with taking out Richard Strong, Jr., CEO of Stallion Armaments, along with his entire staff of bodyguards. Skilled players will capitalize on score multipliers, discover secret extras, unlock equipment upgrades, and marvel at the many creative ways to discretely dispose of a body while they work to fulfil their contract in the most efficient way possible.

You get XP and some nice perks that can be loaded to Hitman Absolution, but that's it. I can't believe they want $25 for it normally.
Sniper Challenge was a pre-order bonus for Hitman Absolution, and still comes with the Elite Edition. It is not sold separately, and the store page indicates that you're actually buying Absolution Elite.

Sniper Challenge was a pre-order bonus for Hitman Absolution, and still comes with the Elite Edition. It is not sold separately, and the store page indicates that you're actually buying Absolution Elite.
Ohhhh, then that is more practical. I thought they were selling the pre-order bonus only for that price. Sniper Challenge was a standalone game before, and I got it and beat it before getting Absolution.

Been playing Legend of Grimrock 2. It's basically exactly like the original except for the open world structure. The non linear nature makes the game a bit more confusing, as even though the game is open, you'll need to visit particular dungeons to obtain clues to access other dungeons, etc. I feel like some of the puzzles became even more obtuse than the first game, and there is a particular item early on in the game that you require much later to enter one of the later dungeons and there really isn't any indication at all that the item is important, it just seems like a really crappy weapon. I ended up using the console to spawn in another one because I had no idea where i put it. 

All in all I really like the Grimrock games as a whole, although some of the more ridiculous puzzles are annoying and I just end up using a walkthrough for them. I think the second is definitely better as a whole. There is much more variety in terms of environments, enemies, etc. Plus there are boss battles and I don't think the first game had any until the end. 

Also this is the second game in the Steam sale I bought that I've played (I think I'm about to enter the final dungeon). So that's something.

Same here, for the most part.

I have all the Hitman base-games (Codename 47, SA, Contracts, BM, and Absolution).

I'm missing all the Hitman: Ab DLC's + Sniper Challenge.
None of the Absolution DLC is worth a damn. Its exactly like Tomb Raider, except at the very least Tomb Raider had a tomb.

I got Sniper Challenge when I bought Absolution on Steam during the summer sale like 2 years ago. It came with it. I just got the regular version. Its also not worth a damn.

The Absolution DLC is all for challenge maps designed by other players as I recall.  Same with the Sniper Challenge rewards.  Nothing worth spending any money on.

Speaking of snipers, the number of DLC-locked guns in Sniper Elite 3 is ridiculous but at least there's a firing range mode where you can try out all the guns, DLC guns included, and thus decide if you want to spend four bucks on a weapons pack.  Silver lining that, if you're going to let yourself be gouged by their monetization scheme, you don't have to do it blind.

Anyone play Her Story yet? Looks interesting.
I bought it and played it for an hour or so. I think I have the gist of what went on but I'm sort of stuck.

If you like whodunit stories then it is a must buy. I'm enjoying it and I am using a notebook, something I haven't needed to do in many years for a game.

Edit: I did a few more search queries and found a few clips that pieced everything together nicely in my mind. I watched a bit over 75% of the videos.

I was just a link or two away from having the story change completely in my mind. After being sure that I have the story figured out I looked up some reviews. I read many comments about the game and most of the complaints about the story are players that have missed some very, very important pieces.

A must buy in my book, a great way to waste an afternoon on.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/364840

This is apparently an emulated PS1 game. This raises some questions:

1: How the hell did they pull this off if Sony is so goddamn overprotective of their bios that they killed Bleem and Virtual Game Station back in the day?

2: Does this mean a chunk of these may be available on Steam soon?

Edit: Whoops, got my emulators mixed up.

Apparently we're all buying super-shitty looking early access 19¢ - 29¢ survival games today, too.
I like that pricepoint because it's usually a little less than bundle games average, but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on super-shitty games unless they come with lots of other super-shitty games. Those two are especially deplorable because they're just stock asset "games".

http://store.steampowered.com/app/364840

This is apparently an emulated PS1 game. This raises some questions:

1: How the hell did they pull this off if Sony is so goddamn overprotective of their bios that they killed Bleem and Virtual Game Station back in the day?

2: Does this mean a chunk of these may be available on Steam soon?

Edit: Whoops, got my emulators mixed up.
1. Well there is a version of Xebra (a very good PS1 emulator) called Arbex that does not require any BIOS to play PS1 games. So anything is possible.

2. It appears that way according to their website. Looking forward to seeing what games they release.

It has steam achievements as well which is pretty cool.

Man, I can't bring myself to spend 29¢ on that District game and that's saying something.

Also, did the guy who made the first trailer have any idea what the concept of a trailer actually is?  Because watching that made the game look about as fun as a wait at the DMV.

I'm the biggest Absolution fan I know:

The DLC is almost worthless. The game already has an excellent collection of satisfying guns. Nothing the DLC adds enhances the game. You can only wear and use them in the make your own challenge mode anyway.

Sniper Challenge is a fun little gimmick but not worth paying very much for. There are a couple of ways to go about it but it's something you enjoy for an hour and toss aside.

Man, I can't bring myself to spend 29¢ on that District game and that's saying something.

Also, did the guy who made the first trailer have any idea what the concept of a trailer actually is? Because watching that made the game look about as fun as a wait at the DMV.
I'm rather confused about Early Access games. Do you get the full game when it comes out or is it just the trial right now and we'd have to pay an additional fee for the full game when it comes out?

Uncrowded  $.19
Green Light - Early Access - Check
90% Off - Check
User reviews:    Mostly Negative (119 reviews) - Check
7 friends already own this game - Check
1 friend wants this game: MysterD - Check
Best review "If you hit a zombie with an axe they basically fly towards the horizon." -Check

puke.gif

Uncrowded $.19
Green Light - Early Access - Check
90% Off - Check
User reviews: Mostly Negative (119 reviews) - Check
7 friends already own this game - Check
1 friend wants this game: MysterD - Check
Best review "If you hit a zombie with an axe they basically fly towards the horizon." -Check

puke.gif
y does mysterd want it??

bread's done
Back