Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Assuming that you're using Paypal, Gamersgate doesn't directly charge for foreign (US) sales but your specific credit card might. My own debit and credit cards never did but some people report getting an extra ding.

Nuuvem is the big one for getting hit by conversion fees (again, it's really Paypal) and I mentally round up to the nearest quarter when converting prices. A game that comes out as $3.81 when adjusted on XE.com will probably be more like $4 via Paypal.

I assume the difference between the two is that GG is charging you in US dollars and Nuuvem is charging you in converted Brazilian reals.
Make sure not to use paypal's automatic conversion. Select other conversion options and just get charged directly in the foreign currency. Your credit card fees (determined by your bank or wherever you got your card) charge less nearly all the time. My bank only charges 1% and for some reason doesn't charge conversion fees at all on Nuuvem.

Make sure not to use paypal's automatic conversion. Select other conversion options and just get charged directly in the foreign currency. Your credit card fees (determined by your bank or wherever you got your card) charge less nearly all the time. My bank only charges 1% and for some reason doesn't charge conversion fees at all on Nuuvem.
Thanks. I didn't even know that was a thing.

ekDnCBX.gif

4GB VRAM GF GTX 960 has arrived + is all installed.

Time to see what (games + settings) I can throw at this card.

Last edited by a moderator:
With 4GB VRAM GTX 960 - I'm able to throw Dragon Age: Inquisition at 1080p at max in the roughest area that I have run into in this game - i.e. the inside of Skyhold w/ all the fire, post-processing w/ lots of people in there and whatnot going on. Bouncing around 40-60 frames here a bit. Locking it down to 50 frames w/ EVGA Precision X 15 is the sweet spot for me.

I could barely push over 25-30 frames inside w/ the 560 Ti w/ some stuff on High + Medium in this area. At these same settings w/ the 960, 60 frames no freaking problem.

Beautiful.

Next test!

Batman: Arkham Knight PC on my new 960 4GB VRAM  at 1080p.

No stutters or anything, so far.

Everything here on the 1st section at Normal + all the NVidia GameWorks stuff off.

Running around the gameworld, gliding, slinging around buildings, the works - typical Batman gameplay stuff.

With the capped frame-rate, as they intended - sticks around 25-30 frames.

Definitely gonna have to uncap the framerate and see how it runs then w/ same Normal settings.

And also see how it runs w/ settings thrown even higher-up.

Also, keep in mind - I ain't even got the Batmobile yet. I will be real curious to see how it runs, once I get that.

Maybe it's the 4 GB VRAM buffer speaking here.

EDIT:
Probably worth mentioning - w/ everything in 1st section on Normal & On and the NVidia GameWorks stuff off, Batman AK PC's consistently eating up around anywhere from 3000-3800 MB of graphics card VRAM at 1080p.

That's right - this game is eating up anywhere from 3-4 GB VRAM on the regular on Normal at 1080p.

No wondering a lot of people are having problems w/ Batman: AK PC - does everyone here even have a 4GB VRAM card? (I doubt it.)
Did they even test this game + optimize it properly?

You've basically described every Daily Indie Game ever, except for 5 cents more you get two sets of keys.
Yeah. I've bought a few DIGs, though I think they were all single digits and they're up to 34 now. DIG seem to repeat themselves a lot, which is unhelpful, and there's usually a game or two thrown in with no redeeming qualities, irrespective of bundle repeat status. Hopefully they'll be more useful to me now since I've backed off on bundles a bit.

Speaking of, I kind of feel peer pressured to get Not GTA V since everyone else is. Except I'd only get half the cost of the game back in cards if I'm lucky, the game looks terrible and the humor is 2Brit4Me.
it will be in tomorrows monday bundle if you buy it....and if you don't...it will get pulled from steam.

decisions decisions.

I guess I should just pull a Syntax Error and think of the 8 bags of Walmart Oriental ramen or miniature didlo flashlight keychain imported from China on Amazon that I could get with that money instead and talk myself out of it.

It's 0.75€/$ for fucks sake.
Says the Scrooge McDuck of Steam wallet.

Anyway, thanks to Drabes' generosity I can now (not) play all the Windows paint humor about David Cameron that I totally won't get at all that I want.

64 bit cache is bit low by this days standard, most common is 64 megabit. ;)
Megabytes, dumbass.

you gotta remember your roots and where you are posting at

people buy into group buys to save 13 cents here

but i bet none of these mother fuckers clip coupons to grocery shop
My wife does that, she also has digital coupons from apps for stores in our area.

This post may or may not have been purposefully posted on purpose.

Time for some moonshine.

If Steam isn't important to you, go ahead and get it from GG. If you feel more comfortable with it on Steam, you'll have to wait. Indiegala had it for $5 yesterday but that sale ended.

There's no direct benefits to having it on Steam. It doesn't have cards or even achievements.
Thanks for all the response! You helped me settle my mind. I'll just get it from GG, as I don't particularly care for Steam really and loathe DRM (though I have to put up with it for some games).

Anyway, anybody know if these games have multiplayer (that works) and are for steam:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-ROMETWC/rome-total-war-collection

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2TW/medieval-2-total-war-collection

All you guys upgrading your GFX cards should send your "shitty" old ones to me.  That Gigabyte 270 whatever is probably next to worthless anyways as is the 560 ti.  No one even listens to TI anymore. 

Thanks for all the response! You helped me settle my mind. I'll just get it from GG, as I don't particularly care for Steam really and loathe DRM (though I have to put up with it for some games).
If you bought TQ: Gold from GG - let us know if it's really DRM-FREE now or if it has some kind of annoying activation.

I hope it doesn't have DRM.

All you guys upgrading your GFX cards should send your "shitty" old ones to me. That Gigabyte 270 whatever is probably next to worthless anyways as is the 560 ti. No one even listens to TI anymore.
Don't respond to this troll, trying to get freebies. You should sell your cards for double what you paid for them because it's your right. I may or may not have purposefully posted this.

All you guys upgrading your GFX cards should send your "shitty" old ones to me. That Gigabyte 270 whatever is probably next to worthless anyways as is the 560 ti. No one even listens to TI anymore.
I demand you cease this type of behavior at once. I don't feel safe posting here anymore for fear that I will be forced to send you my spare graphics cards for virtually nothing. I spent a lot of money on them and they can't be bought for anywhere near the price I paid. How do you get away with posting this? Does the community not care about this sort of harassment?

Mods, PLEASE silence this troll. I know for a fact that he is a troll because he doesn't have the dignity to send me an SASE complete with a copy of his 2014 income tax forms and a detailed history of his car ownership. I guess we all know what kind of fox he is.

I guess no #Seasonalfries and burger late bday wishes for this guy :speaktothehand:
When's your birthday?
Mine's july 17
I demand you cease this type of behavior at once. I don't feel safe posting here anymore for fear that I will be forced to send you my spare graphics cards for virtually nothing. I spent a lot of money on them and they can't be bought for anywhere near the price I paid. How do you get away with posting this? Does the community not care about this sort of harassment?

Mods, PLEASE silence this troll. I know for a fact that he is a troll because he doesn't have the dignity to send me an SASE complete with a copy of his 2014 income tax forms and a detailed history of his car ownership. I guess we all know what kind of fox he is.
Riported for posting on purpose.

I'm about to start Call of Juarez Bound in Blood and I realize I haven't complained about the lack of westerns on Steam for awhile. There's not even 10 westerns on Steam. There's more clicker game clones than westerns!

you gotta remember your roots and where you are posting at

people buy into group buys to save 13 cents here

but i bet none of these mother fuckers clip coupons to grocery shop
I clip coupons for coffee...stuff is way too expensive.

box_front_msi_ti4200.jpg

I think I still have one of these in my parents attic somewhere.... 

I remember feeling like such a boss running morrowind with the fancy water options 

Mars: War Logs is $2.38 at Nuuvem in case you somehow don't own Mars: War Logs?

The two new featured deals are Attila: Total War which is SA locked and Cities XXL which no one should buy.

Nice catch.  Really, Nuuvem needs to fix their way of displaying sales so you can actually tell at a glance what's new.  As I posted before, I've been relying on the "featured" games they show on the top of the screen but that's not very reliable.  Click the "Deals" tab and you're staring at 30 Awesomenauts DLC and crap like that trying to figure out what's new and what's been 15% off for the last five days.

MODS PLEASE COME AND BANISH ALL THESE TROLLS WHO HAVE RESPONDED TO ME BOTH PURPOSELY AND ON PURPOSE AND PURPOSEFULLY AND PORPOISEFULLY!  THEY ARE OBVIOUS TROLLS WITH NO INTENTION ON SENDING ME FREE GFX CARDS AND WITH THE ONLY INTENT TO SARCARTIZE ME RIDICULIZE ME AND TEASIZE ME!  I HAVE PROOF BECAUSE I SENT EACH OF THEM A PM DEMANDING PROOF THAT THESE SHITTY GFX CARDS WERE WORTH ANY MONEY AND THEY HAVE SHAMEFULLY AND COWARDEDLY FAILED TO RESPOND TO ME!

THEY ARE TROLLS MAKING TROLL NOISE WHICH IS EMPTY AND PAINFUL LIKE THE NOISE EMITTED FROM THE ANAL CAVITY DURING A BOUT OF VIOLENT, EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA!  I DO NOT DESERVE THIS!  I HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS COMMUNITY BY POSTING OFF TOPIC IN THIS THREAD AND TROLLING OTHER THREADS.  I DEMAND RESPECT AND WILL NOT PUT UP WITH THIS TROLL ABUSE.  

bread's done
Back