Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I agree with foxhack

I have pretty good internet for the backwoods of the midwest, 75 megs down 20 or so up.  I still prefer to keep copies of service packs for when I do a fresh install.

i never had an issue with updates but im not little anal annie when it comes to my pc

or maybe my pc is good enough to not notice the bullshit that happens to lesser systems

either way

dont give a fuck

If it really chafes someone's taint that bad then I'm sure there's some version you can get for businesses that allows you to anal control freak pick what gets updated and when.

I think the people who bitch about this are as annoying as the people who bitch about Steam updates. It's a convenience and is better for the mass public who are too lazy and/or stupid to fix their shit.

If it really chafes someone's taint that bad then I'm sure there's some version you can get for businesses that allows you to anal control freak pick what gets updated and when.

I think the people who bitch about this are as annoying as the people who bitch about Steam updates. It's a convenience and is better for the mass public who are too lazy and/or stupid to fix their shit.
You wouldn't be singing that tune if this had happened to you.

runs like a dream!

I saw the screen shot you posted of installing it on your vista machine

0.jpg
Actually, I don't have Halo 2 PC.

Don't have Vista either.

All you Windows 10 paranoid nannies can get the Pro version or higher and it lets you decide when to install the update.

I dont give a shit if a Windows update fucks up my system, all I do is pop in my bootable restore cd and restore from yesterdays backup.

Anyone using the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator?  Do you have to type in a code every time you start Steam or just when you login from an unrecognized computer?

Anyone using the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator? Do you have to type in a code every time you start Steam or just when you login from an unrecognized computer?
funny thing is I downloaded that app last night, tried it for about 20 minutes and deleted it (didn't even bother with Steam Guard Mobile). going through the browser on my phone gave me more options & a better desktop view then that app. still need a place to enter steam codes tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Does GMG ever have a last day of sale rerun thing like Steam where they bring back sale prices?  Elder Scrolls Online was out of keys by the time I saw they were having a sale on it and I would really like to play it. 

still need a place to enter steam codes tho
So dumb that they still don't have that after all these years. Even Desura tits up in the air and all at this point has that.

I guess since Valve employees automatically own every game on Steam they don't have to think about such things. :roll:

Does GMG ever have a last day of sale rerun thing like Steam where they bring back sale prices? Elder Scrolls Online was out of keys by the time I saw they were having a sale on it and I would really like to play it.
I've honestly never seen them restock keys that were sold out during a sale, though though do tend to conveniently get them back in stock immediately or shortly after the end of the sale.

On g2a, apparently the Steam deals thread has not been fit to be considered for Top Deals or Popular Today category on the homepage for months. Which is, well, meh, only bugged me now and then because I used to use that to get to this thread on my phone when I lost the page but otherwise don't really care. 

Don't get why the g2a thread is allowed in Top Deals (and thus I'd assume Popular Today) though o_O

On g2a, apparently the Steam deals thread has not been fit to be considered for Top Deals or Popular Today category on the homepage for months. Which is, well, meh, only bugged me now and then because I used to use that to get to this thread on my phone when I lost the page but otherwise don't really care.

Don't get why the g2a thread is allowed in Top Deals (and thus I'd assume Popular Today) though o_O.
Referrals.

i dont know a single person that had that happened and never heard of it before
Now you do. It was a royal pain in the ass and I had to do a full reinstall after yanking the drive, and granting admin rights or possibly reassigning ownership in the settings, I forget which, to get the data. Then sit and wait forever for service packs on crappy radio wave internet because at the time dsl wasn't even an option. (Living in the country is nice for no neighbors. Hell for internet) Thankfully no storms came through so the signal was fairly reliable and I had a 2.5 enclosure for transferring data between a few computers already.

funny thing is I downloaded that app last night, tried it for about 20 minutes and deleted it (didn't even bother with Steam Guard Mobile). going through the browser on my phone gave me more options & a better desktop view then that app. still need a place to enter steam codes tho
So dumb that they still don't have that after all these years. Even Desura tits up in the air and all at this point has that.

I guess since Valve employees automatically own every game on Steam they don't have to think about such things. :roll:
It's probably missing that because they don't want to encourage people to buy games elsewhere. They could just hide the link, though, if that's the only reason: someone will find it, and most people who want it will eventually hear about it, but it'll keep it away from the eyes of the clueless.

I've honestly never seen them restock keys that were sold out during a sale, though though do tend to conveniently get them back in stock immediately or shortly after the end of the sale.
I think I've seen them restock once or twice. A few hours before the sale ended. After running out days before.

All you Windows 10 paranoid nannies can get the Pro version or higher and it lets you decide when to install the update.

I dont give a shit if a Windows update fucks up my system, all I do is pop in my bootable restore cd and restore from yesterdays backup.
I have 7 Ultimate and I'm still waiting to see if the free Windows 10 will let me upgrade to that version, instead of Home whatever.

Does anyone know, and I'm sure it's easily Google-able, but will Win 10 be 64 and 32 bit and how will that work for the upgrading? I ask because my Win 7 is 32 and, obviously, I'd prefer 64.

Since we're on the topic of W10, I have Win7 Pro but I have not received that "reserve your W10 etc" in the toolbar- my wife's laptop did.  Does that mean I won't be getting it?

Also, will you be able to do a clean install when you upgrade or will you have to do a clean W7 install and then upgrade W10? 

Thanks!

Since we're on the topic of W10, I have Win7 Pro but I have not received that "reserve your W10 etc" in the toolbar- my wife's laptop did.  Does that mean I won't be getting it?

Also, will you be able to do a clean install when you upgrade or will you have to do a clean W7 install and then upgrade W10? 

Thanks!

Thanks!

The least helpful suggestion I've gotten today and, earlier, someone told me to fuck myself.
You can not upgrade from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit. What you need to do is a clean install of WIndows 7 64-bit. You don't need to buy a new key. You can use that same key for the 64-bit install.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/is-a-windows-7-license-key-valid-for-both-32-bit/70d546cd-b6e3-44d8-a6c8-fd7feb7d1915?auth=1

Since we're on the topic of W10, I have Win7 Pro but I have not received that "reserve your W10 etc" in the toolbar- my wife's laptop did. Does that mean I won't be getting it?

Thanks!
You most likely haven't done any Windows updates since at least April. That tray icon about information for Windows 10 gets installed on your computer through there.

Does anyone know, and I'm sure it's easily Google-able, but will Win 10 be 64 and 32 bit and how will that work for the upgrading? I ask because my Win 7 is 32 and, obviously, I'd prefer 64.
some topics:

http://goo.gl/vLYeHa

cF26ZxR.jpg

http://goo.gl/plMOjY

pKYKHi8.jpg

Since we're on the topic of W10, I have Win7 Pro but I have not received that "reserve your W10 etc" in the toolbar- my wife's laptop did. Does that mean I won't be getting it?

Thanks!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

VebHmRo.jpg

SkS5S3G.jpg

4eCoUwc.jpg

It seems there's no clean install option in free upgrade, but you can do that after upgrade.

http://goo.gl/8J0cbM

yCx2vsp.jpg

N5unqgN.jpg

GSMMif9.jpg

Honest answer?

A Windows Vista, 7 or 8 key can be used with either a 32-bit or 64-bit install disc. If you don't have a 64-bit disc, you can buy one from Microsoft or download it from one of their official mirrors (though I think those are no longer available or something?)

He's too busy being mad at framerates to be hawking games.
Someone please explain to him that several games on that list are old as hell and the locks were not created by lazy developers. Oh wait, he's probably too busy feeling more important than everyone else to care. He should realize that the only thing he's going to do is hurt a bunch of indie devs because of who see him as the one and only source of info for a bunch of things will no longer buy the games, or start bashing them, because of a lock that was probably by design or necessity.

Someone please explain to him that several games on that list are old as hell and the locks were not created by lazy developers.
He is fully aware of that. His opinion is that it is better to be completely objective and label everything that runs at 30fps instead of trying to subjectively decide if it was due to laziness or technical issues or artistic vision or whatever else.

bread's done
Back