Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Time to correct my mistake of not getting Wolfenstein: The Old Blood the first time. Wasn't really expecting an encore day so that's nice.

If a referral link can be used with the voucher on gmg for even more cheapness and anyone has one they can send my way, I would be grateful.

Edit: Or if it only gets you a future discount I guess I could live with that too you greedy fuck s

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyrim Legendary is back in stock for $8 with voucher at GMG. Any 'muricans awake who want it better grab it before all the Europeans do. It's probably the cheapest you'll get all the DLC even if you own the base.

Also regular version of ESO is back @ $12 for anyone who passed on it before and still thinking about it.

Voucher GMGSUM-MERSAL-E20OFF still works at the moment but they are switching to ENCORE-ENCORE-ENCORE soon at some Mean Green Witch European O'Clock time.
Needs moar Steam please. That's the only way I'd rebuy the damn thing.

Grabbed Skyrim Legendary at $8 even though I've never played any elder scrolls games and really don't care to either.  I blame CAG.  Even suffered through their slow site and 8 pages of BS before it let me buy it.

40% off FO4 preorder or bust.
Do you have enough VRAM to run it?

If you're not sure:

Ask-an-Agent-001-297x300.jpg

Sure, leave it to GMG to bring back both Metro Redux Pack + ESO deals - the stuff I was on the fence about before, when these deals popped-up during the sale. Here we go again!

Thing w/ Metro Redux Pack is - well, I'd probably really want it for the Metro LL Season Pass stuff. All the rest - i.e. Metro 2033 + LL Redux would feel like a bonus. Who knows if I'd ever replay them. If I did - which is probably a big "if", since I don't often replay many games - probably would be for Ranger Mode and/or for any of the gameplay + graphical improvements. If it was $5 for Metro Redux Pack, I'd not even hesitate and I'd be all over it.

About ESO - eh, it's a MMO. Wasn't that good of one IMHO in Beta or even in Tamriel Unlimited trial, either. But, my concern more is this - is this gonna stay at B2P or will it transition to F2P? If it stays B2P and they just charge for expansions (like TSW had done) - then, this deal wouldn't be so bad to me. I'm sure I could get some time out of ESO - but, another question is "How much?" Does ESO really get any better, after sinking 10 hours or so into it?

(That's what I sink into it, in the Beta + then in Tamriel Unlimited free weekend trial)

Meh @ all of this.

Decisions, decisions...

I just read an article on RockPaperShotgun about Clicker Heroes and one of the comments really unnerved me.

I "quit" CH last Thursday after hitting a personal milestone of level 1000. Despite regular messages of non-support from Fox (seriously, what a dick) I've been happy not playing it.

Or have I?

A commenter made a good point. By not playing it, you're effectively idling, just over a longer time scale. Your game is still running and you're still accumulating gold. It is a game that impossible to actually quit because it is always running.

You can't escape because there is no escape.

OH GOD

I just read an article on RockPaperShotgun about Clicker Heroes and one of the comments really unnerved me.

I "quit" CH last Thursday after hitting a personal milestone of level 1000. Despite regular messages of non-support from Fox (seriously, what a dick) I've been happy not playing it.

Or have I?

A commenter made a good point. By not playing it, you're effectively idling, just over a longer time scale. Your game is still running and you're still accumulating gold. It is a game that impossible to actually quit because it is always running.

OH GOD
Exactly. And all it takes is maybe 5 minutes a day to log on once and spend all that wonderful gold you accumulated.

Of course you could delete the game and your cookies and be done with it, but then you really would have quit and we all know you don't have the balls to do that.

Clicker.

Or have I?

OH GOD

Take it.

OH GOD

Exactly. And all it takes is maybe 5 minutes a day to log on once and spend all that wonderful gold you accumulated.

Of course you could delete the game and your cookies and be done with it, but then you really would have quit and we all know you don't have the balls to do that.

Clicker.
The only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?

OH GOD
I quit when I accidentally deleted my cookie with my CH data (non-Steam).

That was an effective way of quitting without "really" idling. I'm not even idling my "new" game since I never bought a new NPC to fight in my non-clicking absence.

I win!

Sure, leave it to GMG to bring back both Metro Redux Pack + ESO deals - the stuff I was on the fence about before, when these deals popped-up during the sale. Here we go again!

About ESO - eh, it's a MMO. Wasn't that good of one IMHO in Beta or even in Tamriel Unlimited trial, either. But, my concern more is this - is this gonna stay at B2P or will it transition to F2P? If it stays B2P and they just charge for expansions (like TSW had done) - then, this deal wouldn't be so bad to me. I'm sure I could get some time out of ESO - but, another question is "How much?" Does ESO really get any better, after sinking 10 hours or so into it?
(That's what I sink into it, in the Beta + then in Tamriel Unlimited free weekend trial)

Meh @ all of this.

Decisions, decisions...
TL;DR = I will Gilby it and then repeatedly bring up 'Hey remember that one time GMG had ESO for $12?'

So Diadra Empty is on Steam now.

I'll pretty much just wait for it to be in some shitty bundle again that I have 80% of and then Tremorbro it. Not paying them anymore for something I already own.

Hey guys...

Is there an easy way to format/erase data from a hard drive without having it installed? I have three internal 3.5" drives from my old desktop computer that I just sold, and I want to do a final data wipe before shipping them out. They're WD Caviars.

The hard way is to try taking apart a WD external and hoping for a compatible connection type, then wiping them one by one.

(inb4 "use a magnet lulz")

Hey guys...

Is there an easy way to format/erase data from a hard drive without having it installed? I have three internal 3.5" drives from my old desktop computer that I just sold, and I want to do a final data wipe before shipping them out. They're WD Caviars.

The hard way is to try taking apart a WD external and hoping for a compatible connection type, then wiping them one by one.

Hammer?

Hey guys...

Borrow a USB enclosure or a USB to SATA (or IDE) adaptor, plug it in, then wipe it with a disk deletion tool. That's the easiest way to do this without opening your computer.

Borrow a USB enclosure or a USB to SATA (or IDE) adaptor, plug it in, then wipe it with a disk deletion tool. That's the easiest way to do this without opening your computer.
Yep. I basically did this recently to ~10 old drives not worth keeping. You can open some external drives and use the SATA/IDE adaptor inside, preferably USB 3.0. Newer external drives have it directly soldered to the drive, so Google it before you take one of yours apart.

Then just dd /dev/zero to each drive (using Cygwin/*nix), or I guess you can download a disk deletion tool. You don't need to do it multiple passes.

Yeah, they're older WD Caviars so I'll need an IDE adapter. :( Argh, guess I'll have to go out and find one now. Thanks for the help.

Interesting.

Aspyr patched Star Wars: KOTOR II on Steam to add all kinds of new features:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208580/discussions/0/541906348058768450/

Aspyr in partnership with Disney/Lucas is proud to announce STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II - The Sith Lords™ is now available on Mac and LInux, along with a massive update to all 3 platforms. 

New features include:

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
• Steam Cloud saves
• Native widescreen resolution support
• Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
• Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation
3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day

Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu ;)

Someone here looking for a new job? You might be interested in this

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/623582940409102336

It's supposed to not be that great from what I hear. No voice acting either. Murder She Wrote is probably a much better TV2HOG adaptation. The person they got to do Angela Landsbury's voice is spot on.
The Criminal Minds one was in a Groupees recently. I really wish these games were on Steam.

Interesting.

Aspyr patched Star Wars: KOTOR II on Steam to add all kinds of new features:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208580/discussions/0/541906348058768450/

Aspyr in partnership with Disney/Lucas is proud to announce STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II - The Sith Lords™ is now available on Mac and LInux, along with a massive update to all 3 platforms.

New features include:

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
• Steam Cloud saves
• Native widescreen resolution support
• Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
• Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation
3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day

Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu ;)
This is awesome. I hope KOTOR 1 gets an update as well some day!

This is awesome. I hope KOTOR 1 gets an update as well some day!
First Fahrenheit, now KOTOR II.

What's next for Aspyr?

I don't know what's up w/ Aspyr wanting curate old-games, patch them, keep them alive, remaster them, or whatever - but I like this!

Very cool to keep the older games alive like this.

It's hard to sell that concept to people which is why the notion of buying "the next $TSLA" seems so appealing.
I feel old-ish, I was thinking of Apple when talking about the next big thing. Well other reasons for that too (still pissed I never put real money in on Apple). Didn't realize TSLA was up to 250+ though, god damn O_O.

Other stuff, found out Avast as an option to remind me next century to restart my PC (to install the new version of Avast). I now wish Microsoft adds that option for Windows 10 if they haven't (or, at the very least, a option/button to tell it I'm busy playing a game, don't restart my damn computer because I didn't respond to your pop-up in 15 minutes).

First Fahrenheit, now KOTOR II.
What's next for Aspyr?

I don't know what's up w/ Aspyr wanting curate old-games, patch them, keep them alive, remaster them, or whatever - but I like this!
Very cool to keep the older games alive like this.
yeah its hard to figure out why they are doing it

Oh wait....just like any company they do things to make money.

They probably hired some 12 year old Ukrainian modder and pay them in pork fat. It's all profit

honest opinions, how is postal 1 and postal 2. read the critic reviews now need a gamers perspective.
I'm going to write about Postal 2:

Graphically, it is pretty bad. The game mechanics are very clunky. It's tasteless and crude.

If all of those things sound acceptable, then buy it. I bought it 12 years ago when it was released and had an unreasonable amount of fun playing it. It's bad, but it's bad in a good way. Don't expect a lot of depth -- just total chaos.

bread's done
Back