Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It came with an extra download for the Benedict Arnold DLC at GG if that means anything. You guys are really going to make me install this damned game and play it, aren't you?

Well I will try it when I get home. Worst case scenario I just have to install the Benedict Arnold DLC separately on top of the Uplay install. eh. For $3 for the Deluxe version vs way more than that everywhere else ever, I'll live.

Re: Garfield Cart

I suppose them giving keys to people who already own it from GMG or GG is out of the question so I will save myself the effort and frustration and wait for the inevitable Poopees bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuff to try/check
Try turning Dotvpn off from the icon in the upper right corner then back on again.

For some reason when I first enable the extension it says it's connected but doesn't work but then when I very quickly turn it off (not disable) and back on then it always works for me.

Check Google first. If you get the Russian one then you know it's working.

Also remember you have to clear all Gamersgate cookies and you should be logged out too before using a VPN.
yeah, it wouldnt even connect to google. it must have been down. I switched to some other countries vpns and pages would load

You can also just use Hola if you need to. You just need to run it for a very short period of time and won't be submitting any info over it since you'll be logged out.

Once you get the GG page with Putin Pricing to load you can then disable or delete the VPN because the cookies will hold that pricing for a while.

Up to 68% off Sniper Elite titles
Amazingly, these aren't region locked for me. Sniper Elite III is $7.85ish gringobux, and Zombie Army Trilogy is $10.45.

Buuuuuut I'm going to hold off to see if Sniper Elite III ends up getting a GOTY edition, and Zombie Trilogy gets cheaper. Rebellion doesn't seem to lock their games regionally, anyhoo.

Amazingly, these aren't region locked for me. Sniper Elite III is $7.85ish gringobux, and Zombie Army Trilogy is $10.45.

Buuuuuut I'm going to hold off to see if Sniper Elite III ends up getting a GOTY edition, and Zombie Trilogy gets cheaper. Rebellion doesn't seem to lock their games regionally, anyhoo.
Both are worthy plays. I really enjoy the SE series and the zombie game is great fun. Ok to wait but its still a worthy buy at least for SE3. Worst case SEIII Season Pass has been available pretty cheap already. The 3 part Churchill series that is included with it is alright, nothing revolutionary but allows for more sniping nutzees in the fizace. I totally expect ZAT to be really cheap around Halloween.

I bought that GameMaker Studio Humble Bundle and saw that I could get a Steam key for the software. The problem is that when I go to the page and submit my e-mail, I'm not getting any licene (you Brits are foolish with your foolish spelling) keys from Yoyogames. Yes, I signed up a number of weeks ago (asked spoder about it before I did). I'm not getting any e-mails from them at all, really.

I sent a support ticket in stating this very fact, and this was the response:

Hi there,

Your steam key should be available.
Please use the licence recovery again to retrieve it:https://www.yoyogames.com/support

Thanks

Peter
YoYo Games Customer Support
Thanks for the great solution, Peter.

I bought that GameMaker Studio Humble Bundle and saw that I could get a Steam key for the software. The problem is that when I go to the page and submit my e-mail, I'm not getting any licene (you Brits are foolish with your foolish spelling) keys from Yoyogames. Yes, I signed up a number of weeks ago (asked spoder about it before I did). I'm not getting any e-mails from them at all, really.

Have you tried the license recovery since you got that email? I tried again after receiving a similar support response, and I got Steam keys for both Studio Professional and the Android Export module. I also requested they attach Mac & Ubuntu modules, (since their website states that Pro purchases after May 18th include these), and I got them added as well.

EDIT: See Miranda's post here.

Both are worthy plays. I really enjoy the SE series and the zombie game is great fun. Ok to wait but its still a worthy buy at least for SE3. Worst case SEIII Season Pass has been available pretty cheap already. The 3 part Churchill series that is included with it is alright, nothing revolutionary but allows for more sniping nutzees in the fizace. I totally expect ZAT to be really cheap around Halloween.
I dunno man, I thought SE3 was pretty.. mediocre. There was way too little sniping for a game called Sniper Elite. Way too often I would find myself sneaking about using my silenced pistol instead of using my sniper rifle. It felt really stupid that you have these huge, open maps that give you the illusion of playing through it however you want, but then they have designated spots where you have to be in order to use the sniper rifle, unless you want to alert the entire map to your location. It was basically "clear a path to the designated sniping spot, snipe some Nazis, rinse repeat". Unless you are at one of the designated "sniping spots", your choice of weapon is either the silenced pistol (which has a range of like, 10ft), or the SMG if you wanna go Rambo. So its more of a stealth game, with a bit of sniping mixed in, rather than a sniper game. Kill cams are cool but they get old after your 18th testicle shot.

Steam link was delivered. Now to get home before my fiance and kids do so I can actually set it up and see how it works before the nightly madness ensues

There was never a complete edition of Sniper Elite V2, was there? If not, I don't see reason to believe there will be for SE3 either.

For $10, I don't think the SE3 Season Pass is worth it unless you really enjoyed the base content -- which you won't know if you're buying it now. One short "Kill Hitler" mission (that you're supposed to repeat seven times for all the achievements) and a three part "Save Churchill" mini-campaign (which doesn't actually include Churchill) which has some new changes to game play but nothing amazing. The rest of it is DLC guns that you don't really need and wouldn't use most of anyway.

I think the SE3 SP content is good when judged by its own merits but not for the same price as the base game. It certainly doesn't double your content or enjoyment.

It was basically "clear a path to the designated sniping spot, snipe some Nazis, rinse repeat". Unless you are at one of the designated "sniping spots", your choice of weapon is either the silenced pistol (which has a range of like, 10ft), or the SMG if you wanna go Rambo. So its more of a stealth game, with a bit of sniping mixed in, rather than a sniper game. Kill cams are cool but they get old after your 18th testicle shot.
You're not supposed to sit in one place and snipe the map. You're supposed to get off one or two shots, move before you're located, get a new spot, fire a few more rounds, and so on. Or make use of the ambient noise when available (bombing runs, backfiring engines, etc) to get some extra kills in. Anyway, I enjoyed it and thought it was a better "Sniper" game than V2 which really was mainly run 'n gun with the SMG. In SE3, I almost always used my rifle and used my other tools (mines, stones, etc) far more than I did in V2.

Fixed.

Edited for better clarity...
giphy.gif

That cat looks more evil than the average cat. 

I really want the new Warhammer End Times game. Is there any trickery to get it cheaper or will I have to give GabeN all my monies?

Engadget has some bizarrely fawning review of the Alienware Steam Box that, after ten paragraphs of gushing over the interface and controller, gets into the actual tech specifics:

My $749 test unit costs a pretty penny more than the highest-priced console on the market, but it has a lot to offer. The flagship Alienware Steam Machine packs in a Core i7-4785T CPU, 8GB DDR3 memory, a 1TB 7,200 rpm hard drive and a customized NVIDIA GTX 860M graphics chip with 2GB of video RAM. That turned out to be enough power to run almost everything in my SteamOS-compatible library on high visual settings at a decent frame rate.

Most games automatically configured themselves to medium visual settings by default, hovering at 45 frames per second or higher, depending on the title, but I found the system could push most of them a little further. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel happily bounced between 35 and 50 fps (depending on how much action was on screen) on maximum visual settings, and both Shadow Warrior and Spec Ops: The Line eclipsed 50 fps with the dials turned to 11. BioShock Infinite dipped just below 30 fps on Ultra, but maintained a solid 40 average when tuned down to "very high" settings. I had similar results with Serious Sam 3, finding Ultra to be just a tad too much, but High ran just fine. It should be no surprise that Valve's own games also ran great on the first official Steam Machine: Left 4 Dead 2 and Portal 2 had no problem hitting 60 fps on their highest visual settings

Even The Witcher 2, one of my library's heavier hitters, ran moderately well, managing to stay above 30 fps on high settings and comfortably hitting the 40s on medium. Simpler offerings like Civilization: Beyond Earth had no trouble hitting playable frame rates on maximum settings, and the machine also shrugged off the plethora of indie titles available for SteamOS + Linux.

The games that ran poorly surprised me: Shadow of Mordor struggled to hit playable frame rates at my television's native 1080p resolution until I dialed back its graphics options to their lowest settings. I don't know if the game is simply more resource-intensive than I realized, if it's poorly optimized for PCs or if it's just a bad Linux port.

Ugh. I can't believe that anyone would find that acceptable for the cost and platform. I would advise someone to just buy a PS4 for $350 than to have them buy a $750 'gaming' PC where you rejoice to get 30-40fps in Witcher 2.

On the subject of Assassin's Creed and non-local Gamersgate, does anyone know anything about the language of AC2 if purchased from a far away land?

Engadget has some bizarrely fawning review of the Alienware Steam Box that, after ten paragraphs of gushing over the interface and controller, gets into the actual tech specifics:

Ugh. I can't believe that anyone would find that acceptable for the cost and platform. I would advise someone to just buy a PS4 for $350 than to have them buy a $750 'gaming' PC where you rejoice to get 30-40fps in Witcher 2.
giphy.gif

I dunno man, I thought SE3 was pretty.. mediocre. There was way too little sniping for a game called Sniper Elite. Way too often I would find myself sneaking about using my silenced pistol instead of using my sniper rifle. It felt really stupid that you have these huge, open maps that give you the illusion of playing through it however you want, but then they have designated spots where you have to be in order to use the sniper rifle, unless you want to alert the entire map to your location. It was basically "clear a path to the designated sniping spot, snipe some Nazis, rinse repeat". Unless you are at one of the designated "sniping spots", your choice of weapon is either the silenced pistol (which has a range of like, 10ft), or the SMG if you wanna go Rambo. So its more of a stealth game, with a bit of sniping mixed in, rather than a sniper game. Kill cams are cool but they get old after your 18th testicle shot.
I played it completely different than you I guess, yeah when you're up close you want to use the pistol as thats what its intended for, but I dont know what you mean by designated sniping spots. There are sniper dens but they're optional and not necessary to find to do anything other than get distance records or fulfill a random mission goal to get a certain score and the enemy will still catch on if you're sniping from those points. It should be played like a stealth game, a sniper is largely a stealth unit until discovered. Then he moves to another point, rinse and repeat.

It plays like the other SE games in a lot of ways, but has some very good improvements. I was able to snipe from whereever I wanted, and SE3 differs in that you're able to to become a "ghost" again and reset once the enemy is on to you whereas with something like V2 once they're on to you in that, thats it. You take a few shots, run the distance required to get out of range and then sneak around more, thats the entire point. Stick and move, just like a real sniper, albeit the AI forgetting about you is not at all realistic, but its a game. Did we even play the same game? lol. I don't recall pulling out the shotgun or machine guns once through my playthroughs except one choke point when I was trying to run. I found it a really fun action game that shouldnt be taken seriously or the ultimate in realism to be expected. The maps are huge and allow for a player to approach goals from a variety of directions. Again, did we even play the same game?

For $10, I don't think the SE3 Season Pass is worth it unless you really enjoyed the base content -- which you won't know if you're buying it now. One short "Kill Hitler" mission (that you're supposed to repeat seven times for all the achievements) and a three part "Save Churchill" mini-campaign (which doesn't actually include Churchill) which has some new changes to game play but nothing amazing. The rest of it is DLC guns that you don't really need and wouldn't use most of anyway.
Yea, I agree with this. The season pass can be waited on. Its been $8.99 on Steam and with the big sales just around the corner will likely be around that or less again. Its definitely a decent get at around 5 bucks or even a little more, but it depends on how much you enjoy the base. I actually really enjoyed the Kill Hitler mission at least compared to Kill Hitler from V2. My biggest disappointment with III is that they didnt add more challenge maps. I enjoy those a lot. I really liked Landwehr and St. Pierre in V2.

On the subject of Assassin's Creed and non-local Gamersgate, does anyone know anything about the language of AC2 if purchased from a far away land?
I was going to buy it but even though I'm like 95% sure it requires Uplay in spite of GG listing Tages or Other DRM or something stupid like that I asked here but everyone ignored that post and just kept posting needlessly long ass posts about Sniper and reaction gifs and shit just like they did to your post today.

I'm fairly certain it has an English option. I'm more worried about the DRM being some other terrible for disc crap instead of Uplay but I'll probably buy it anyway this weekend. :p

I cant help but think you can get a manufactured 'gaming' PC for that price, with better specs, and Windows10 on it, then just dual boot SteamOS if you have a boner for that. But I am kind of out of touch with current hardware, so who knows.

I kept trying to get a key from the form on account.yoyogames.com, but it never sent one until I used the form on yoyogames.com/support, but I only got a key for Pro and not the Android module.

I got a similar reply from Peter when I submitted a ticket about the Android key. So if you got a reply and didn't have keys before, check again. I was able to get the Android key after he replied.

Have you tried the license recovery since you got that email? I tried again after receiving a similar support response, and I got Steam keys for both Studio Professional and the Android Export module. I also requested they attach Mac & Ubuntu modules, (since their website states that Pro purchases after May 18th include these), and I got them added as well.
The Pro key I got came with the Mac module, but they're still having problems with Ubuntu. Peter's reply to me was that Mac & Ubuntu were properly attached to my license, and my Ubuntu and Android keys should be available, but the Ubuntu key's still missing. The Ubuntu module should work in the standalone version, if you really need it now. I can't even get GM to compile anything because the Steam version seems to be broken, so I can wait on the other Steam key.

They're more responsive on their forums and will send you the Ubuntu key if you PM them there.

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=676828&p=4888949

I was going to buy it but even though I'm like 95% sure it requires Uplay in spite of GG listing Tages or Other DRM or something stupid like that I asked here but everyone ignored that post and just kept posting needlessly long ass posts about Sniper and reaction gifs and shit just like they did to your post today.

I'm fairly certain it has an English option. I'm more worried about the DRM being some other terrible for disc crap instead of Uplay but I'll probably buy it anyway this weekend. :p
All right if I wait for you to be the guinea pig on this one?

Great I have to be the Guinea Pig for DRM language and dlc. I swear somebody else Putined those AC games in the past when they were on a prior sale but everyone's too busy talking about random useless shit to comment on cheapass games.

I'll see.

Tomasety said:
Ruuin told me they should activate on Uplay except the first AC. From the 2nd onwards.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327003-gamersgate-thread-moved-to-the-steam-deals-thread/?p=11848564

bread's done
Back