Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
https://www.onemorebundle.com/

Strategy vs Mayhem Bundle

$1

POSTAL
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss
1953: NATO vs Warsaw Pact
Strategic War in Europe

$5

Zombie Driver HD Complete
Hatred
Warlocks vs Shadows

Can't believe I'm tempted to buy this just to get Hatred and Warlocks vs Shadows.. Dunno why Hatred is bundled so soon and on one of the shittiest bundle sites.
So you're saying Spoder Isn't your buddy?

I will wait 1 week for Weaboos galore to get fixed...if not I'm returning it. So pissed off right now.

Wanted to come home and play something, but I've wasted over an hour for nothing.
b0a86f6b1ecb5412043ee1aa300365ea.jpg

Hey, did your Steam key for the DLC activate? I'm getting a "Duplicate Product Code" error when I try to activate mine. I already opened a support ticket, but I figured I'd ask if you had a similar issue.
I had the same problem and just created a new account. Don't bother waiting on a ticket. If you get an extra you can give it to someone who missed out.

[quote name="Gedemer" post="12977365" timestamp="1445303633"]I will wait 1 week for Weaboos galore to get fixed...if not I'm returning it. So pissed off right now.

Wanted to come home and play something, but I've wasted over an hour for nothing.[/quote]
Couldn't u just play the Pigeon F*cker game from the Humble Valentines prevert bundle while you wait? Or something more productive like spanking your monkey instead?

Couldn't u just play the Pigeon F*cker game from the Humble Valentines prevert bundle while you wait? Or something more productive like spanking your monkey instead?
I shouldnt have to wait.

On a side note...at least Halo comes out next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on Reddit foudn me a fix.

Force AA OFF in Nvidia Control Panel specifically for the game and it fixed it...guess I'll play tomorrow. woot

Someone on Reddit foudn me a fix.

Force AA OFF in Nvidia Control Panel specifically for the game and it fixed it...guess I'll play tomorrow. woot
I figured it was something easy like that but I had no clue what it might be.

Oddly enough, I have Nvidia too and haven't run into that issue.

As much as I want PC ports I don't envy the people doing them because there's so many different configurations out there.

I figured it was something easy like that but I had no clue what it might be.

Oddly enough, I have Nvidia too and haven't run into that issue.

As much as I want PC ports I don't envy the people doing them because there's so many different configurations out there.
Yea I think it might be another underlying issue with something on my PC because it doesnt make sense why others wouldnt have the issue.

I guess we will see. Can't wait to play now.

I have absolutely no clue. Tried everything else and that's the only solution that worked.
This sort of mess is exactly why I keep my NVidia Panel global settings w/ everything off from the jump. B/c of so many configs of software + hardware, not every combo's tested. And who knows if newer drivers broke what settings for what game - I don't feel like always taking the time to look at driver release-notes.

I usually mess with in-game settings first.

If everything's fine in-game framerate-wise and graphically and I think I can improve things graphically - which usually is the case, BTW - then I'll go right to the NVidia Panel and set-up some specific settings for specific games. From there, I'll tweak whatever.

I've also gotta commend the beastly intro song for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJDRa0kLnQU

I guess some people were annoyed they removed the singing from the English version, but I've got to say the instrumental only version sounds better to me.

[quote name="ShadowEX" post="12977443" timestamp="1445306611"]Needs to be forced off? y???[/quote]
I heard it was an interlacing effect caused by the rate at which the preverts are bouncing up and down bopping their baloney

Dat Weeaboo thread

This is somewhat japanese'y that I just heard about for the first time and is releasing very soon (on Steam, but seems to already be on the PS4), so I'll throw it out here:

The indie developer was founded by a guy who used to work for SEGA Japan. Plus the theme fits.
With no boobies in the preview image, I'm not even going to press play.
Also lots of rage over digital games. How dare they not give a box!

Guys guys guys. I have a question.

Xbox Ones and Windows 10. It's all going integratedy and streamy and stuff. There's lots of stuff out there about it but I'm getting a bit lost.

Is there ever likely to be a scenario where I can play Xbone games on a Win10 PC if I don't own an Xbone? How about 360 games? There's a handful of titles I'd like to play but I'd much rather do so at my PC.

Is there ever likely to be a scenario where I can play Xbone games on a Win10 PC if I don't own an Xbone? How about 360 games? There's a handful of titles I'd like to play but I'd much rather do so at my PC.
As far as I know, no.

In fact, I use my XBO to watch TV (I semi-like voice commands). But if I try to log in via Win10 it kicks me out of TV (because it's stupid). It only lets you stream whatever the XBO is actively doing, so without one, it just won't work. It's not like you can DL the Xbox title to your comp and play it. (legally)

As far as I know, no.

In fact, I use my XBO to watch TV (I semi-like voice commands). But if I try to log in via Win10 it kicks me out of TV (because it's stupid). It only lets you stream whatever the XBO is actively doing, so without one, it just won't work. It's not like you can DL the Xbox title to your comp and play it. (legally)
Boooooo. I just wanna play Madden. Stupid consoles.

Thanks for the response!

Since all of y'all are mentioning Life Is Strange, I'll talk about Episode 5: Polarized that I played through last night. Took me almost 3 hours to get through it.

As someone who loved Episodes 1-4, I just can't help but be somewhat disappointed with Episode 5. Most of Episode 5's journey was really good, though - but two major things in this game pretty much almost ruined this episode, so I can't help but have a very sour taste in my mouth, as they're both pretty much at the back portion of the Episode 5 to finish off this entire Season.

First up, there's an unnecessary and very annoying gameplay sequence in the game, which might've been cool if it was short - but it just goes on absolutely way too long that it becomes quite drawn-out.

Basically, there's a stealth sequence where you can't be seen and must move properly + manipulate time properly, so you aren't seen. This whole stealth-gameplay part of sequence just goes on way too long and just feels like it's padding-out the length of the game for no real apparent reason other than that.

Secondly - like most things in gaming, movies, books, etc - it just doesn't know how to end properly to any point of real actual closure. In fact, this might be the most disappointed that I've been with an ending since Mass Effect 3 (base-game). For a game like Life Is Strange that I felt truly gets so much right, it feels like things really fall apart in the last section of the episode...and for this Season, on that matter.

You make so many choices throughout the entire game (usually around a handful per episode here) - that even with the predictable end-choices at the end of the game, it doesn't offer up many choices at the end; which would be fine, if the ending I took had more actual meat to it and gave more closure. To make matters worse, the ending I took (which I'd guess is probably the canon-ending here, if they do decide to do another season here) just felt so done before in other games that really doesn't do much of anything different, new, or interesting than any other games, movies, or books that have touched on "these things".

...Namely, the "these things" I'm talking about movies, books, and games using any sort of Time-Manipulation and/or Chaos Theory, such as games like Shadow of Destiny & BioShock: Infinite; and also movies like The Butterfly Effect.

TL:DR - Basically play Life Is Strange for most of fantastic journey, but I'm betting you won't be happy with a few things from the last half-hour or so of Episode 5.

This sort of mess is exactly why I keep my NVidia Panel global settings w/ everything off from the jump. B/c of so many configs of software + hardware, not every combo's tested. And who knows if newer drivers broke what settings for what game - I don't feel like always taking the time to look at driver release-notes.
This sort of mess is exactly why I don't pay top dollar and pre-order PC games like all you fakeys.

So how many selfies does she take in the last episode?

This sort of mess is exactly why I don't pay top dollar and pre-order PC games like all you fakeys.
It was a Telltale style episodic release and it's been on sale multiple times so it's not just pre-order people who bought without knowing it would have a crap ending. Although it doesn't surprise me because the entire game is a bunch of lame cliches and if you can't stand teen angst you should stay far away.

It was a Telltale style episodic release and it's been on sale multiple times so it's not just pre-order people who bought without knowing it would have a crap ending. Although it doesn't surprise me because the entire game is a bunch of lame cliches and if you can't stand teen angst you should stay far away.
I thought we were talking about the technical issues in the weeaboo game...

I actually don't begrudge anyone that got and played ep 5 of Life is Strange; especially if they were invested enough to have played the first four episodes. It's possible they got the season on sale, and art being subjective, it's entirely possible that MyD's disappointment might very well not be representative of my own. I'm wanting to backlog LiS, but it hasn't been cheap enough just yet.

Saw that... Might snag them though I've never played them before. (I do wish Aces of the Deep was on Steam... I played that one allot back on my 486. :) )
I spent a ton of time playing silent service on NES. I'm not sure how it holds up today. I tried to get into Silent Hunter 4 but just never got that same feeling as I did when I was a kid playing silent service.

I thought we were talking about the technical issues in the weeaboo game...

I actually don't begrudge anyone that got and played ep 5 of Life is Strange; especially if they were invested enough to have played the first four episodes. It's possible they got the season on sale, and art being subjective, it's entirely possible that MyD's disappointment might very well not be representative of my own. I'm wanting to backlog LiS, but it hasn't been cheap enough just yet.
Oh I just saw you replying to D and didn't read what he wrote. It's D. :p

Well like any new release some people have problems and some people don't. Sometimes those who do find a way to easily fix it. Sometimes not.

Most times issues do get fixed if you wait but sometimes games are still a hot mess a year or more out.

If it's something you're worried about it's fine to wait, and of course you can always wait for a sale too, but some publishers discount sooner and deeper than others.

Anyway, Tales of Zestiria works fine for me. I'm actually playing it and not +1 backlogging it so I'm happy having paid full price for it. Obviously if someone's not as interested in it or may not get to playing it right away it's better to wait.

*Edited to add: And with refunds now pre-ordering is nowhere near as huge of a risk so if it doesn't work or you hate it an hour in, refund it.

I just couldn't resist it back when it $7.48 for Ep 1 and Season Pass altogether off from NewEgg a while back & I felt that I had to make this Steam-game 1000, since it was something that I been really interested in for a while.

It's one thing to give absolutely all certain types of choices at the end...

... i.e all sad & depressing choices to end the game with...
...which is fine, as long as it fits (which it does) - but to also be extremely predictable and not do much with it; and worst of all to also leave no real closure here (if they wanted to end it all) or don't even set-up for another Episode or Season (if they wanted to do another Season) - yeah, this is all just completely disappointing.

I think the best thing this game could do is either another Episode (an Epilogue episode) or an entire Season - and finish things off properly. Unless there's another secret ending or more for hitting all Achievements or running multiple-playthroughs, it looks like there's only what's there; and that's it...unfortunately.

EDIT:

There are a lot of choices I made, that would've also been fitting to have shown after the ending I took. Text-based epilogues could've solved this lack of closure completely - and could've been tossed in to either set up another Season or just flat-out End the series completely.

Given what the last choice sets up for an A or B decision, I don't think Choice B could've had much of an Epilogue, TBH.

Basically, for Choice A that I took - this could set-up or end with a lot. This game - especially this ending - could use something like text-based Epilogues like BG2: TOB; Fallout 1+2; NWN: Hordes; Dragon Age: Origins; and even CDP added & patched much later Epilogues into The Witcher 2 to send the game off properly b/c so many complained the the original ending with just the final encounter was "meh" and didn't really reflect much of anything else you did + decided in the game.

Until Bundles start accepting steam funds, I'll keep buying cheap shit.

Also looks like Groupees Bm14 buyers won't get LBA2 steam-keys, despite originally promised.

Also looks like Groupees Bm14 buyers won't get LBA2 steam-keys, despite originally promised.
Time to flood the mailbox of Foxhacks BFFs.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/398000/discussions/0/490123727974359364/#c490123727974830609

Hello,

We understand the situation and are going to do our best to solve this issue. If you bought the game on Groupees, please send us a proof of purchase (confirmation email) at [email protected] and we will see what we can do.
*Edit: Oh and Poopees doesn't give confirmation emails. I sent my Paypal receipt and screenshot of the damned game in my Poopees account. That better be good enough or someone in the AOL 90s chat is going to get bitched out for not getting off their lazy asses and making sure their promises are kept.

bread's done
Back