Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I blame Spoder, he messaged me about that god damned Nordic Darksiders situation and then sat back and let me do all the dirty work for him.

Anyway, I'm far from the only person shouting about it. Not that it's helping that much. I think a blind def monkey would be better at PR than that guy.

Maybe we need to find someone to speak Austrian to him or call him a girlie maaaahn or something. I don't know.
7978329738_2476711c0d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They still haven't commented on what they will do for those who missed their short window. I asked the rep but getting a straight answer out of him is ridiculously hard.

If they don't figure something out then they're still back to a situation where SOME customers got something and others didn't.

Really this situation at this point has been a bigger pain in the ass than any indie dev has ever been. And that's saying something.

*Edited to add: Some people who were furious have now turned sweet as pie because they got keys. My suspicion is they're hoping by handing out keys to some of the people screaming the loudest that they'll be able to just ignore the rest or let the White Knights take care of them.
To be fair, I didn't say anything about the situation on their forums, I just emailed my proof to them while the "offer" was valid. Received a key this morning. They still need to get their crap together though.

You better email them now while you still have a chance.
Yeah, I kind of think at this point they're going to shit a brick over the idea of all the people who already got keys getting duplicates and use that as more excuses not to hand then out to everyone.

Yeah, I kind of think at this point they're going to shit a brick over the idea of all the people who already got keys getting duplicates and use that as more excuses not to hand then out to everyone.
I sent out one e-mail and got two responses with two different keys. So if you didn't get one, Motoki, let me know. :p

Hi guys, sorry for asking this late: Can someone give me the email of nordic games and what type of proof of purchase I have to send them? Thanks!

Plenty of CAGs managed to get it though, and I know a bunch of CAGs get more freebies on average than me (SSP being one of them). Otherwise, I don't think the spoder/foxbro event would've been such a success, Weiler was the only one that didn't have the game. Even Syntax Error showed up for it, and that dude avoids free games like the plague!!

And for the record.. I missed the first Ponchos giveaway (Carl was kind enough to give me his), but got lucky when they gave it away the 2nd time (which was the extra I gave to Weiler)
I missed the giveaway each time, those things were going in under 2 hours, It was easy to miss. It was a fun game though and worth a look if it goes a few bucks during the winter sale. Hope we brofist it again soon.

It'd probably be more amusing than John Carter 2: The Force Begrudgingly Gets Outta Bed.

December can't come soon enough.

I just entered my email and clicked "Send me my friggin key, I don't want to do all the rest of this stuff"

... and it worked.

Actually, the button I clicked probably just said "Send my key" or something, it's the one at the bottom.
Thats because you dont have to do any of the rest of the shit for it. All of the twitter and facebook nonsense are optional for this one unlike other ones.

I got lost in following all of the Nordic drama. So you had to have purchased the Darksiders Franchise Pack in order to qualify to get the Deathinitive Edition for free? And those who did still weren't receiving the game for free? I had Darksiders II + Season Pass so I never emailed them because I thought that didn't apply for "completelyFREE."

• Tier 1: Owners of the Darksiders Franchise Pack (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18777/ ), purchased or activated through Steam before November 5th, will receive Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition for PC completelyFREE.

• Tier 2: Owners of the original Darksiders II, purchased or activated through Steam before November 5th, will be able to pick up Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition for PC at an 80% discount for the first week of release.
Edition on November 5th 2015 will get an 80% discount during the first release week

I got lost in following all of the Nordic drama. So you had to have purchased the Darksiders Franchise Pack in order to qualify to get the Deathinitive Edition for free? And those who did still weren't receiving the game for free? I had Darksiders II + Season Pass so I never emailed them because I thought that didn't apply for "completelyFREE."
You had to have the franchise pack, and only that pack, bought through steam, and not anywhere else, except GOG apparently, and not the same content piecemeal, except again for GOG which only required the main games and season pass. Then the PR guy said it was merely a technical reason as to why they couldn't give the DE to everybody who just had the main game and season pass which was for reals their original intent. So the steam forum being the helpful place that it is decided to help them achieve their original plan.

Edit: New update with some concrete info:

We are trying to work out something better for free copies that are granted automatically with Steam. Unfortunately its not so easy to simply link it to the season pass because then people that bought the DLCs as single items wouldnt still be well off.

Meanwhile we also have our support team giving out keys to the Deathinitive Edition to folks that can show a proof of ownership of DS2 + Season Pass or the Story DLCs as single items.

It's night at Austria.
They have a new kind of internet now that works 24/7. Nordic should upgrade.

The short version is that they were only offering it to people who owned the "Franchise Pack" and not people who owned the same content purchased separately. Most likely because the Franchise Pack was published by Nordic after they bought the IP for thirty bucks in the second round of auctions and the people who bought all the content piecemeal likely did so during the big THQ fire sale when they were practically giving games away in a vain attempt to stave off bankruptcy. So, since my Darksiders II stuff didn't actually put money in Nordic's pockets, Nordic don't give a shit about me. The "loyalty" they want to reward is towards Nordic, not towards the Darksiders franchise.

The issue is that Nordic refuses to admit that this is the case and so they keep getting caught in excuses why one content bundle counts but the other bunch of identical content does not.

Is GMG the best deal for Fallout 4 now?
I think the best price is Funstock, though.... they have had again issues delivering the keys today.

If you want is asap GMG is the best choice pricewise talking (counting only "official" resellers)

I think the best price is Funstock, though.... they have had again issues delivering the keys today.

If you want is asap GMG is the best choice pricewise talking (counting only "official" resellers)
I'm not getting it, but theres lots of people complaining about GMG delivering keys for this game on the Playfire forums. The last two big releases (BLOPS3) and now FO4 have not gone well for GMG it seems.

I'm not getting it, but theres lots of people complaining about GMG delivering keys for this game on the Playfire forums. The last two big releases (BLOPS3) and now FO4 have not gone well for GMG it seems.
Well GMG were sent like 4 days ago even for those who got it with that "madmaxvoucher". Haven't seen too much lately anything about any GMG issues on twitter, but funstock was and probably is still a big mess.

They gave duplicate (invalid or already used) keys for BOP3, so they decided to postpone their keys from fallout 4 to be send for today. Again their site was down and they had even problems devilering their keys their promises they were going to do it today.

https://twitter.com/FunStockDigital/status/663808876232470529

There's a big thread at Reddit about it. Apparently a bunch of people are mad that Funstock doesn't have the keys and keeps stalling so their trying to write support has been unintentionally DDoSing their site all day which can't handle more than 16 connections at a time or something

I love how Reddit mods think they are totally legit but then ban grey market other key sellers.

But I guess since they are like Greenman and hide their Shady shit behind a somewhat legit business (they both sell physical crap in the UK).

The key is taking a picture of your steam license page showing you own Darksiders II and the Season Pass or DLC AND your penis. The penis is the main thing they want. It doesn't have to be erect, but it probably helps them to see it if you get at least a half a chub going. The few women who play video games have reported tricking Nordic into a key by putting a dildo or other phallic object in the picture. I sent the pic and followed up with a few dick pics by themselves in case they couldn't see it clearly in the first email. I'll report back to when I get my key for whatever it is that I'm asking for.

The key is taking a picture of your steam license page showing you own Darksiders II and the Season Pass or DLC AND your penis. The penis is the main thing they want. It doesn't have to be erect, but it probably helps them to see it if you get at least a half a chub going. The few women who play video games have reported tricking Nordic into a key by putting a dildo or other phallic object in the picture. I sent the pic and followed up with a few dick pics by themselves in case they couldn't see it clearly in the first email. I'll report back to when I get my key for whatever it is that I'm asking for.
Sounds legit.

I sent a copy of my receipt emails, steam license page, steam library page with owned DLC tab open, pictures of my penis both flaccid and erect with today's newspaper and my drivers license in the background.

If that isn't enough I will just wait for the internet to talk them into giving it to everyone or the Nordic Humble Bundle, whichever happens first.

Pictures sent...I had to tape a couple of letter size sheets of paper to fit my shlong in the picture though...Hopefully they aren't too jealous and still send me my code....I also hope this wasn't a trap by the FoxyPieFeds.....

bread's done
Back