Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I had a brief moment of regret that I only got the $30 GMG glitch price instead of the $26 Funstock price (or whatever it was). I'm less regretful now.

I got my Derpsiders Deathening key this morning. Amusingly, none of the evidence I sent in identified my Steam account, just that I owned the content. Maybe I'll hold off on activating this key to see if they pull together some sort of in-Steam upgrade process :whistle2:
inb4 they invalidate the keys they sent via email

Re: Darksiders Derpfinitive, emailed yesterday; no key yet.  Did not include penis, anus, or other anatomical images, so clearly I don't expect to get a key.

Re: Darksiders Derpfinitive, emailed yesterday; no key yet. Did not include penis, anus, or other anatomical images, so clearly I don't expect to get a key.
It's all about the buttholes man. I'm tellin ya those Austrians are way into it. I had less than 12 hour turn around time on my request.

just a heads up to anyone getting FO4 boxed copy looking to save bandwidth. its 1 bluray, not a bunch of dvds. so unless you bought a boxed copy and have a bluray drive, you gonna download them 25 gigs.

I don't know much about anything, but this card looks like it has a lot of VRAMS for the price:

MSI Radeon R9 390 R9 390 GAMING 8G 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
It's $280 after rebate at Newegg and possibly $255 after statement credit if you have an American Express credit card. 

I remember someone was asking about GFX upgrades or something.  

just a heads up to anyone getting FO4 boxed copy looking to save bandwidth. its 1 bluray, not a bunch of dvds. so unless you bought a boxed copy and have a bluray drive, you gonna download them 25 gigs.
I bet you all the Europeans are getting their pitchforks and lube ready for the protests. God, there's nothing I love hate more than dirty, filthy Europeans.

I bet you all the Europeans are getting their pitchforks and lube ready for the protests. God, there's nothing I love hate more than dirty, filthy Europeans.
Yeah they were complaining about it. When you only had one 300 baud modem for your village powered by a babushka on a stationary bike life is rough. Meanwhile no one in NA noticed or gives a fuck because boxed PC games belong in a museum.

dHyY0zZ.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about anything, but this card looks like it has a lot of VRAMS for the price:

MSI Radeon R9 390 R9 390 GAMING 8G 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
It's $280 after rebate at Newegg and possibly $255 after statement credit if you have an American Express credit card.

I remember someone was asking about GFX upgrades or something.
This is the exact card I've been looking for! Thank you!!!

Edit: Found link.

Cool, and yeah, I didn't post the Newegg link because CAG always messes them up anyway.
I'd been going back and forth on the 970 vs. 390 for my new rig and the VRAM sold me considering their both in the same price point. This is a decent deal (esp. with the rebate) since it's been hovering around $320 for awhile now. Thank you very much for the heads up!

Greenman sent me a coupon for 23% off Fallout season pass. I wonder if it'll be cheaper than that by the time the first DLC comes out, thoughts?. I doubt they would go cheaper than that for a pass when there's only one of four DLCs out.

That translates to like $32 Canadian, the pass is $30 on Playstation store and $40 on Steam here so I guess that's ok but cheaper would be better.

It's Bethesda. I don't even think they've put most of the Skyrim DLC on a decent sale yet if you don't count the Legendary Edition with the base.

That said, I think I will wait and see on the DLC.

I tend to play through base games and never go back to them when new DLC comes out so I'm passing on the SP offers.  I never played the Skyrim DLC or FO3 DLC or Far Cry 3 DLC or Bioshock: Infinity DLC or...

I did play New Vegas DLC but only because I just played NV last year after all the DLC was there for me to organically find on my initial play through.

What's the consensus on FO4?

Preordered from BBY since I thought I was getting a $10 reward cert...but realized that I already ordered the pip boy on x1 which I inted to sell.

Now I wont get a $10 cert for the PC version...making it $51

Might just cancel and wait since GMG is already sellling it for $48

I tend to play through base games and never go back to them when new DLC comes out so I'm passing on the SP offers. I never played the Skyrim DLC or FO3 DLC or Far Cry 3 DLC or Bioshock: Infinity DLC or...

I did play New Vegas DLC but only because I just played NV last year after all the DLC was there for me to organically find on my initial play through.
Unless it's something I'm REALLY hyped up to play, I'm happy enough to just wait to even start to play the game until it's got a fair chunk of DLC... I ended up playing all the DLC for Borderlands and Borderlands 2, but I know if I had just played the base games when the were new, I'd have never gone back.

The upside I guess is this is yet another reason to never buy a game that isn't 75% off or better on a Steam sale, right?

I want to play the DLC. I didn't play the F3 or NV DLCs but I had reasons. I played NV on PS3 but got the DLC on PC, and for F3 I never finished the game so I didn't get to the DLC.

Oh yeah and for Skyrim I didn't play the DLC cause I got it sooooo long after being done with the game cause I was waiting for a good discount.

But Fallout 4 is really cool and I definitely want to play the DLC. It's probably a good idea to wait but if I wait too long I'll get Skyrim'd and have lost interest.

I'm really interested in the Steam controller, but at the same time I can't imagine any way that it could be good. I hope it is.

Thanks for the free game on my birthday week. ;)

I told spoder I was thinking about getting one, and he reminded me that you can use DS3 and Xbox controllers on your system. Hopefully it was worth the $50 in fake money you got from all of those card sales.
I wish it was only $50. Almost double, incl. shipping. (71€) But technically I didn't pay for it, so it's OK.

Otherwise I would've gotten X1.

Well...Alienware Descent Underground is borked for meh. 

Error 503 - Extremely High Traffic - Please try again shortly...
I sure am suckas!!

re: Madj's Steam controller

It came with Rocket League, right? That's not too bad since that game hasn't had anything close to a cheap sale yet unless you count console where it's been a PSN+ 'free' game of the month which of course requires a sub

I've had mine for a couple months now and I love it. The first thing you should do is not think of it as a replacement for dual stick controllers because it's not, it's a KB/M in controller form. There's a good amount of people making configs over at GAF and that's where I would start.
How do you like it with RTS games? I would definitely buy it if it makes playing Diablo 3, Stafcraft 2, and Civ 5 very playable on the couch.

I wish it was only $50. Almost double, incl. shipping. (71€) But technically I didn't pay for it, so it's OK.

Otherwise I would've gotten X1.
I'm curious about this too now. Those D-pad things look terrible. Is that thing at the bottom a hat or a stick?

I'd been going back and forth on the 970 vs. 390 for my new rig and the VRAM sold me considering their both in the same price point. This is a decent deal (esp. with the rebate) since it's been hovering around $320 for awhile now. Thank you very much for the heads up!
I have amd cards now, a couple of older ones in crossfire. ive been looking at an upgrade, but every 390 deal ive seen scares me off when they talk about the heat, power draw and noise from trying to cool these beast. anyone actually have one of these cards and care to comment

Got my key! Thanks Madjoki.

I chickened out on my Amazon Steam Controller pre-order at the last minute. I think I'll wait for more of a consensus on whether it's useful or not. By that time Valve will probably be releasing the Steam Controller Pro Edition anyway, right?  

All backends failed or unhealthy
Tee-hee.

Someone buy a bunch of shitty Alienware Steam Boxes so they can afford to upgrade their infrastructure. You'd think they'd know by now what these giveaways result in.

Wow, WTF? I just checked my credit card and I lost $4 on my Fallout 4 refund from Funstock Digital due to a difference in conversion rate between GBP and Canadian. Not only did I pay more to buy the game at GMG but I also basically paid $4 to cancel the cheaper order. As a CAG, this really hurts.

But on the bright side I made $18 profit on the PS4 copy that I had pre-ordered, just sold it for $75 after paying $57.

just wanted to point out that some of you are missing out in tebow chat

Parallacks entered chat.
Parallacks disconnected.
Parallacks entered chat.
I seduce Brittany!: U HORNY WHIPERS
BernardoOne left chat.
Pr0f1t: And on that note, off to work.  If I miss a glich, somebody get my back.  Good day all.
Pr0f1t left chat.
Neuropod entered chat.

the chat has gotten a bit too intellectual and pretentious for my taste though

Luckily for me :p I'm home sick today and bored so I just barely got into the queue for a Descent Underground key before the site completely crapped itself.

That's one less game I have to hear Madjoki and Spoder go on about why didn't I get it when it was free in the middle of the day during the week when I'm at work for the 5 minutes it was up before the entire internet DDoSed their site.

Yes I have a deep seated complex about the free/glitch miss shaming.

just wanted to point out that some of you are missing out in tebow chat

Parallacks entered chat.
Parallacks disconnected.
Parallacks entered chat.
I seduce Brittany!: U HORNY WHIPERS
BernardoOne left chat.
Pr0f1t: And on that note, off to work. If I miss a glich, somebody get my back. Good day all.
Pr0f1t left chat.
Neuropod entered chat.

the chat has gotten a bit too intellectual and pretentious for my taste though
Da fuq, y is parallacks still going to tebow chat? I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER THAN THAT!

Screw this Alienware shit.  By the time it finally lets me even log in, all the keys will be gone if they're not already.

Here's a key for Houses of Fleshy Mountains or whatever the fuck this game was called: 2NWK8-2KXGW-L69BZ

Blizzard could have easily done that with D3 seeing as it already has controller controls for the console version anyhow. :roll:
I've read nothing but good things about the PS3/XBOX port of Diablo 3 in terms of the control scheme. Personally, I think all of the hybrid schemes tend to fail in one way or another. DA:I's setup on PC struck me as a compromise between console and KB+M configs, where your party members could arbitrarily only access eight unlocked abilities. I can't imagine an RTS working well on a console no matter what kind of controller you have.

bread's done
Back