Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I live for dat shit
I miss Dem Doll Hair Vids. That was easy fake money to buy shitty games I'll never play and I didn't even have to lie and say I have Parkinsons and Chrons and Hepatitis.

And I love how that busted ass freeware emailed those Serbians are using sent people who already got their mail another one and haven't even sent the rest of us are first mail yet.

Hey it's limited on how many emails it can send so let's send then to the same few people call over again sounds legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good uncles don't let nephews they love play Magicka.
Who said I am a good uncle?

7016255704.gif

Thanks to the people who offered the Croatian Bosnian or whatever granny game but I did ultimately get it by email finally.

Now let's see if they send it 4 more times.

MysterD thank you for that warning about the Fallout disc download size. I'm sure the people in 1994 with 14.4kbps modems buying games from the future will really appreciate the warning. Oh and I hear there's another continent beyond the sea and dragons and the edge of the world where they really love boxes and discs and hate downloading games.

Gu9EJTF.png

I've made it through the RPG Maker clones. I've made it through the visual novels. I've made it through the asset flips.

I have no idea what the hell I'm even looking at anymore.

Sorry, if this has been discussed but I didn't see it in search (Granted, search on the new forums is a piece of crap) but I'm seeing cheap(er) copies of Rocket League in the trade forum...   Anyone, know the source of these codes?

MysterD thank you for that warning about the Fallout disc download size. I'm sure the people in 1994 with 14.4kbps modems buying games from the future will really appreciate the warning. Oh and I hear there's another continent beyond the sea and dragons and the edge of the world where they really love boxes and discs and hate downloading games.
While it doesn't matter for someone like yourself or me who lives in a well-connected area w/ good Internet speeds + a decent Internet plan, that info might actually matter for someone else who's buying.

Gu9EJTF.png

I've made it through the RPG Maker clones. I've made it through the visual novels. I've made it through the asset flips.

I have no idea what the hell I'm even looking at anymore.
photo-thumb-334584.png

Sorry, if this has been discussed but I didn't see it in search (Granted, search on the new forums is a piece of crap) but I'm seeing cheap(er) copies of Rocket League in the trade forum... Anyone, know the source of these codes?
I wonder if there's some Russian Steam controller with bonus smuggling trade going on.

While it doesn't matter for someone like yourself or me who lives in a well-connected area w/ good Internet speeds + a decent Internet plan, that info might actually matter for someone else who's buying.
Those people just need to get a new hobby. Sorry but AAA PC games is not going to be enjoyable for them. Play indie stuff or get a console. And you need to stop thinking of the children Europeans and people in the sticks with shit internet.

For PC gaming a box and disc are just a formality for selling you a key code at retail for something that will require additional downloads. That's the reality of things today.

Thanks to the people who offered the Croatian Bosnian or whatever granny game but I did ultimately get it by email finally.

Now let's see if they send it 4 more times.

Still waiting on my key.. I noticed even Blade got a key, so wtf.

Sorry, if this has been discussed but I didn't see it in search (Granted, search on the new forums is a piece of crap) but I'm seeing cheap(er) copies of Rocket League in the trade forum... Anyone, know the source of these codes?
Likely they're bonuses from Steam link/controller pre-orders. Amazon just sent a huge batch of shipments out i.e. I just got my keys from the bonuses tonight.

Been playing a bit of GRAV, solo play, to learn the basics. I must say it was funny... but it really feels like an MMO with some survival elements. I'm not saying it is wrong because of it, I had fun and I'll surelly buy it to keep experimenting... but I like ARK a ton more, the survival feeling is very different. Maybe I should convince a couple of friends to buy Grav and try it that way.

Edit: Tried Crypt of the Necrodancer for a bit too. I'm still not getting used to the game mechanics, but I love the soundtrack and artwork.

from Steam Controller's pre order.

you can find it around $10ish for these codes.

I got one and still waiting for the brodate hosted by Foxybro .. some days

from Steam Controller's pre order.

you can find it around $10ish for these codes.

I got one and still waiting for the brodate hosted by Foxybro .. some days

Get me a key and then we can host an event
I think I'll start hosting Brodates on off nights for us Fakeybros because we've been meaning to do ones for 7 Days to Die, ARK, Rocket League, and other ones Spoder has yet to Spoder. Sorry Spoderbro. Enjoy Lethal League.

Hey bros:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F4H2O6W/

$8 Dishonored GOTY Physical Edition. Should activate on Steam. OOS but I think you can still order it on backorder.
2 of 37 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 starsWon't Install with 56K Internet Connection
Byaruzinskyon December 20, 2013
Platform: PCVerified Purchase
During attempted installation, something called "Steam" (Steam.exe) tried to download over 100 MB of "updates". With my dial up connection, their server invariably broke connection after less than 2 MB was downloaded and Steam.exe provided no opportunity to resume downloading at the point where the connection was broken. The system requirements on the box specify "internet connection" and NOT "high speed internet connection." I expected trouble free registration of the software over the internet but, instead, got a great big headache. Thus, I accuse the companies behind this software of fraudulent representation and I want my money back even though I opened the box.

2 of 37 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 starsWon't Install with 56K Internet Connection
Byaruzinskyon December 20, 2013
Platform: PCVerified Purchase
During attempted installation, something called "Steam" (Steam.exe) tried to download over 100 MB of "updates". With my dial up connection, their server invariably broke connection after less than 2 MB was downloaded and Steam.exe provided no opportunity to resume downloading at the point where the connection was broken. The system requirements on the box specify "internet connection" and NOT "high speed internet connection." I expected trouble free registration of the software over the internet but, instead, got a great big headache. Thus, I accuse the companies behind this software of fraudulent representation and I want my money back even though I opened the box.
That guy is a fucking retard. He buys light bulbs and sticks them into a watt meter and then returns them if the wattage is different. He also wrote a negative review for an item that wasn't "+/- 5 ms" margin of error. This loser is why we can't have nice things.

I'm actually kind of upset that this guy is alive now. This isn't a troll review. I read his other reviews and looked up his name on Google and he really is this much of an asshole. He's a member of all those alt newsgroups and argues, attacks, reports, and accuses everyone of libel all the time. Thanks for the new-found hate, Ackbar.

(psst he lives "near Chicago" wink wink terrorists)

Alright guys new to steam, where do I start
Oh, boy. This could take a while...

Read spoilers, as this is a long-winded post.

Always check THIS thread for non-sense, comedy, my horrible posts, and God knows what else in here - oh, and maybe you'll see a somewhat worthwhile deal here & there.

Almost always buy low and try resist buying ASAP as much as possible.

Ain't always easy for something you really want to play - but, it can be done. Accumulating big backlogs cheap can make it easier to resist ASAP games (buying games As Soon As Possible - i.e. pre-order + new releases usually are at MUCH higher prices). New releases often having bugs; broken quests/missions; might have performance issues; possible Re-release Edition coming later with ALL DLC (or a lot of it); a possible HD Re-Release Edition with everything; and other nonsense that makes it much easier to buy later.

Always check these Bundle threads for deals - i.e. Humble Bundle; BundleStars; IndieGala; Groupees.

Don't expect much worth a damn from Groupees, though - they often ain't been that great. Buying games in bundles is often your best bet, if you see something or a bunch of games in a bundle you want; can often be best bang for buck or best deal. Also great for backlogging for lots of titles, too.

If you're often curious of a game on sale - always check out ITAD and search for said game. See if the game is at its best price yet; or if it has been cheaper before, bundled before, or whatever the case might be.

That guy is a fucking retard. He buys light bulbs and sticks them into a watt meter and then returns them if the wattage is different. He also wrote a negative review for an item that wasn't "+/- 5 ms" margin of error. This loser is why we can't have nice things.
To be fair, if the lightbulbs flicker at specific ms I personally notice and it drives me nuts. But I don't complain about it... it's made in China after all so you kinda get what you pay for. :)

Alright guys new to steam, where do I start
The main stuff I'd say is wait for sales and don't just check Steam for sales but other stores, though make sure you are getting the game as a Steam key if you buy it elsewhere (most stores will tell you this on the page).

isthereanydeal.com is a great resource. It compiles sale prices and history from multiple stores for pretty much any game. It also lets you import you Steam wishlist and will let send you notifications when a game on your list goes on sale if you so choose (Steam does this as well but only for their store; ITAD can do it for all stores).

To go along with that, I highly recommend the Enhanced Steam web browser plugin created by fellow CAG Neogaffer :p Jshackles. http://www.enhancedsteam.com/

It will grab price history from isthereanydeal to tell you what the current lowest price and historical lowest price of a game is as well as if it has been in any bundles.

If you're interested in Indie Games you can also check out the CAG Steam etc Buy/Sell/Trade Thread (aka The Cess Pool). It's mostly people selling off extra keys from Indie Bundles but if you're completely new to Steam you probably don't have any of those games and may be able to get them really cheap there.

This place is a good place to hang out and chat but if you're in a hurry and want a really quick at a glance for mostly PC game deals (with a tiny smattering of some console deals thrown in; sort of the reverse of CAG) then https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/new/ is a good place to just quickly browse.

Sorry guys the people at the place annoy me too but just keepin it real that if you just want to check quickly for deals it's an easier format and you don't have to go into the comments and read their inane nonsense anyway.

The main stuff I'd say is wait for sales and don't just check Steam for sales but other stores, though make sure you are getting the game as a Steam key if you buy it elsewhere (most stores will tell you this on the page).

isthereanydeal.com is a great resources. It compiles sale prices and history from multiple stores for pretty much any game. It also lets you import you Steam wishlist and will let send you notifications when a game on your list goes on sale if you so choose (Steam does this as well but only for their store; ITAD can do it for all stores).

To go along with that, I highly recommend the Enhanced Steam web browser plugin created by fellow CAG Neogaffer :p Jshackles. http://www.enhancedsteam.com/

It will grab price history from isthereanydeal to tell you what the current lowest price and historical lowest price of a game is as well as if it has been in any bundles.

If you're interested in Indie Games you can also check out the CAG Steam etc Buy/Sell/Trade Thread (aka The Cess Pool). It's mostly people selling off extra keys from Indie Bundles but if you're completely new to Steam you probably don't have any of those games and may be able to get them really cheap there.

This place is a good place to hang out and chat but if you're in a hurry and want a really quick at a glance for mostly PC game deals (with a tiny smattering of some console deals thrown in; sort of the reverse of CAG) then https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/new/ is a good place to just quickly browse.

Sorry guys the people at the place annoy me too but just keepin it real that if you just want to check quickly for deals it's an easier format and you don't have to go into the comments and read their inane nonsense anyway.
Thank you and to everyone else for the tips. I have a $30 steam card so will try to start small. I guess CSGO is a must I used to play that years ago.

I have a $30 steam card so will try to start small. I guess CSGO is a must I used to play that years ago.
Well, don't start right now w/ CS:GO!

CS:GO is not even on sale right now! It's full price current MSRP - and also been around the block.

I can understand full MSRP (or close to it) on a brand new game that just came out (that ain't been cheap) - but not on something old and something that's been around.

CS:GO has been $3.74 before, according to ITAD:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=counterstrikeglobaloffensive

Seriously - wait for an upcoming Steam Sale for that one. It'll be low again.

Well, don't start right now w/ CS:GO!

CS:GO is not even on sale right now! It's full price current MSRP - and also been around the block.

I can understand full MSRP (or close to it) on a brand new game that just came out (that ain't been cheap) - but not on something old and something that's been around.

CS:GO has been $3.74 before, according to ITAD:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=counterstrikeglobaloffensive

Seriously - wait for an upcoming Steam Sale for that one. It'll be low again.
Sounds good thanks for the advice! I will start following this thread as much as I can and grab some deals. I'll start taking a look at the front page now and try to grab a couple sub $5 games.

Sounds good thanks for the advice! I will start following this thread as much as I can and grab some deals. I'll start taking a look at the front page now and try to grab a couple sub $5 games.
If it's sub-$5 and that sub-$5 price is not at a percent off, you're still paying full MSRP price.

You go by percentages-off and check it against a price-checker site or app's.

For price-checking sites or app's - you should use ITAD, Enhanced Steam, and any other price-checking things you can think of.

If it shows say 75% off or better on Steam (or any other site selling a Steam-version) - then that's possibly worth a buy for backlogging purposes.

Then you check ITAD or any price-checking site; and see what the best price is.

If the current price on a site you wants to buy from beats everyone and isn't bundled, looks like you found a good deal.

You might consider saving your Steam bucks (aka GabeN monies) for the upcoming fall and winter sales.

Edited to add: MysterD likes things to be 75% off. Regularly.

Edited to add: MysterD likes things to be 75% off. Regularly.
That's b/c I often aim to backlog games nowadays.

I have a tendency to NOT play games that I buy right away for whatever reason, even often when I say spend good money on them - i.e. when I do decide to break my 75% off or better rule.

So, basically - I've learned the hard way.

If you're going to buy something brand new and it ain't 75% off - you better be playing ASAP.

Otherwise, don't be surprised if you find a deal soon topping the deal you just wasted spent $ on - yet, you haven't touched said game or done much with it.

Welcome aboard. We'll have you cursing Groupees in no time.
I think about mentioning the bundle sites in more detail and bringing them up, but I wanted to spare him the pain, anguish and shame that is Poopees for now.

I'm still trying to wash off that dirty feeling for pre-ordering their last two bundles.

giphy.gif

I think about mentioning the bundle sites in more detail and bringing them up, but I wanted to spare him the pain, anguish and shame that is Poopees for now.

I'm still trying to wash off that dirty feeling for pre-ordering their last two bundles.

giphy.gif
Oh I've been slowly following along just never had a decent computer to take part. I'll buy inside that cube soon

My bundle leftovers steam key spreadsheet is getting a bit cumbersome so time to give them away!

For Motoki's sanity please PM me if you want something and I will do my best to strike through games already claimed.

***to the best of my knowledge none of these keys have been used, but I make no guarantees!***

• Lilly Looking Through
  • Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
  • Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition
  • Trine 2: Complete Story
  • Sideway: New York
  • Battleplan: American Civil War
  • Outland: Special Edition
  • Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
  • The Stanley Parable
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
  • PAC-MAN™ Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition Bundle
  • Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf
  • A Story About My Uncle
  • Crimsonland
  • Shadows on the Vatican Act I: Greed
  • Strife: Veteran Edition
  • Super Motherload
  • Rise of the Triad
  • Metrocide
  • Postmortem: One Must Die (Extended Cut)
  • OTTTD
  • Bionic Commando: Rearmed
  • Velvet Assassin
  • Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
  • Skulls of the Shogun
  • Symphony
  • Drakensang: The River of Time
  • Insurgency
  • Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY
  • Abyss Odyssey
  • Blackguards
  • Contagion
  • Contagion
  • Contagion
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • A Story About My Uncle
  • Two Digits
  • The Silent Age

[quote name="pbnate88" post="13029212" timestamp="1447511811"]Thank you and to everyone else for the tips. I have a $30 steam card so will try to start small. I guess CSGO is a must I used to play that years ago. [/quote]
If you want CS:GO, you can only get it at 50% off these days. It won't go any cheaper as hackers would create multiple accounts. There is not an excessive amount of hackers though due to the Overwatch system. If you have any questions about CS:GO, let me know.

bread's done
Back