Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
We bought a new laptop and although it's billed as a "gaming laptop" I wonder what kind of games it will play, at which settings. It's a Dell Inspiron 7559. What should I expect with these specs:

• Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz Quad-Core (6M Cache, Turbo up to 3.2 GHz)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
  • 8 GB DDR3L / 256 GB Solid-State Drive
It was a good price, and there was no way we were going to spend $1,000+ on anything more powerful. I'm happy with the purchase. I just want to adjust my expectations before the Steam sale begins.

Thanks!
Curious: How much did this thing cost you? And where'd you get it?

Nice @ the 4GB of VRAM part for a laptop. :)

Bleh @ only 8 GB RAM. Passable, but I'd rather have 16GB.

EDIT:

A 960M is about on par with a 750ti, which is slightly better than current gen.
Good to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 960M is about on par with a 750ti, which is slightly better than current gen.

...at 30 FPS.

and 720P..

Nah it'll do 1080/60, just not on high
Thanks! You guys didn't disappoint.

My expectations weren't too high, but even so I'll lower them a bit. Sounds like it will be more than enough to play the 130+ Humble Bundle games I've amassed over the years, and a few more cheap Steam sale games.

I'm fine with 30 fps. I'm even fine with 900p. (My other car is an Xbox One.) Would it be worth trying Fallout 4 on my laptop (installed to SSD), compared to picking it up digitally on X1, as I was originally planning? Would tweaked medium settings be at least as good looking as the Xbox, with a hopefully more stable frame rate and mod support? I'm not expecting Ultra. I just want to play it on my 4 year old TV and not regret it.

Curious: How much did this thing cost you? And where'd you get it?

Nice @ the 4GB of VRAM part for a laptop. :)

Bleh @ only 8 GB RAM. Passable, but I'd rather have 16GB.

EDIT:

Good to know.
$760 at Amazon. Comes with 256 GB SSD and an easily accessible bay to add a second drive and more RAM. I figured I'd just get a second 8GB stick down the road.

Next decision: whether to just get a 5200 or 7200 1 TB drive or spring for smaller SSD and get an external storage drive if necessary. I'm leaning towards the second SSD. I just need to justify the cost to my wife.

Renting software is never a good deal.
Steam-Logo.jpg

Thanks! You guys didn't disappoint.

My expectations weren't too high, but even so I'll lower them a bit. Sounds like it will be more than enough to play the 130+ Humble Bundle games I've amassed over the years, and a few more cheap Steam sale games.

I'm fine with 30 fps. I'm even fine with 900p. (My other car is an Xbox One.) Would it be worth trying Fallout 4 on my laptop (installed to SSD), compared to picking it up digitally on X1, as I was originally planning? Would tweaked medium settings be at least as good looking as the Xbox, with a hopefully more stable frame rate and mod support? I'm not expecting Ultra. I just want to play it on my 4 year old TV and not regret it.
This video should give you an idea of what to expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipDWbd6HNg

;what is ur in game name?
add my steam id if u want to play together, my steam id is: ycag22

also when u say dribble n drive, do u mean the skill fancy drive?
I forget/forgot about the fancy drive, just been doing the normal crossover one, then speed burst and long layup or direct pass (the Q/E one) to the SG/SF (sometimes PF) open outside.

Tried FreeStyle2 today, and agree it's pretty good. So far only level 7 but kind of getting the hang of it, though my defense ranges from awful to make your eyes bleed awful. One thing I've notice so far, playing as a PG, is the dribble drive works really well (mostly as people do an awful job of defending it). Think one game I had like 6-7 assists just dribble driving and kicking out to the SG for threes. Another I probably could have had at least 12-14 points from easy layups, if I'd been smart enough to take them.

I'm assuming once I get out of rookie level, people might actually stop it a bit, but obviously don't know soo...do people start learning how to defend dribble drive and kickouts?

Oh the interface though is pretty bad as a new player, was really confused for probably a good hour on what does what, where to get this and that, etc. etc. It'd be my one big complaint so far.
Interface is gawd awful. no really, even that is being kind. Ycag is pretty sick on the game and is on all the time. You should join Spder and Fox Brofest on steam(someone post link to it) and see if any of us are int the game and we can play. Level 12 lets you add more stuff and abilites to your character. save your points until you are level 12. Save green balls until you have at least 10

Up to 75% off Black Friday Sale Week

75% off Borderlands 2: "Complete" Bundle (Steam) - $10.00 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition
  • Borderlands 2 – Ultimate Vault Hunter's Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge
  • Borderlands 2 – Headhunter 1: TK Baha's Bloody Harvest
  • Borderlands 2 – Headhunter 2: The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler
  • Borderlands 2 – Headhunter 3: How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day
  • Borderlands 2 – Headhunter 4: Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre
  • Borderlands 2 – Headhunter 5: Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax
[/customspoiler]

Not only did I just buy a prebuilt HP computer but I found the deal for it at the OTHER deal site suck it nerds.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8281963-hp-envy-750se-desktop-i7-6700k-2tb-hdd-16gb-ddr4-4gb-gtx-970-win-7-pro-984-free-shipping
I hope the dumbass that posted this isn't you:

"HOLIDAY30 works. Just ordered mine with the 960 and specs as in OP for $844. +$120 for the 970 is not worth it for not knowing the exact model. 960 has fan off in idle and can do HDCP 2.2 which the 970 can't."

I don't know what HDCP is and I don't know enough about graphics cards but I know enough to strongly suspect "fan off in idle" is a marvelous troll.

Thats an admission against interest. If I knew what that all meant and the troll level of it I would have claimed I had posted it even if I hadn't.

I mean I already admitted to prebuilt and the OTHER site. There is no low I would not stoop to for this.

I really wish Origin sold more Steam keys.

Too bad they don't sell them at normal Mexican prices. Remember Me is $34 instead of $30 at Steam (though that's just Capcom being Capcom.)

Stupid fucking Origin charges sales tax lol.

I have a bit of $ in my EA Wallet from ages ago before I knew about Origin Mexico and that sort of nonsense and I see something in their BF sale to spend it on, yay! I go to check out and the bastards want to charge me tax. Ok, no problem, Ill pay the difference with Paypal. Nope, no can do, only way to pay the balance is with a CC. WTF. I do not want to add my card to Origin of all places, espc being I use VPNs to get Origin Mexico games. First, charging sales tax is stupid on digital products, secondly not being able to use Paypal to pay a measly .24 is even worse. fucking EA.

Gave in. Bastards.

Rainbow Six Siege Open Beta is live early and seems more polished than the closed beta. If anyone is interested in playing, add me on Uplay (DaykainD). Open beta is supposed to run Nov. 25 - 29.

Stupid fucking Origin charges sales tax lol.

I have a bit of $ in my EA Wallet from ages ago before I knew about Origin Mexico and that sort of nonsense and I see something in their BF sale to spend it on, yay! I go to check out and the bastards want to charge me tax. Ok, no problem, Ill pay the difference with Paypal. Nope, no can do, only way to pay the balance is with a CC. WTF. I do not want to add my card to Origin of all places, espc being I use VPNs to get Origin Mexico games. First, charging sales tax is stupid on digital products, secondly not being able to use Paypal to pay a measly .24 is even worse. fucking EA.

Anyway, if anyone has one of those prepaid Visa/MC etc. GCs with about .25 on it, Ive got a $1 Amazon GC for you. Hit me up. Conversely if anyone knows of a state Origin doesn't charge sales tax in, lmk.
Do any of your CCs allow you to create virtual CCs for online shopping? Some cards have that capability so you could use that and deactivate it once you are done.

Interface is gawd awful.  no really, even that is being kind. Ycag is pretty sick on the game and is on all the time. You should join Spder and Fox Brofest on steam(someone post link to it) and see if any of us are int the game and we can play.  Level 12 lets you add more stuff and abilites to your character.  save your points until you are level 12. Save green balls until you have at least 10
weiler, the green balls events ends tonight, so no point of saving it. but it is better to open 10 green item balls at once. people have the supestition, that u get better items. but i personally do not have that experience. but save ur blue points, do not buy any of those stupid outfits from the item shop. u get free outfits from the blue point/ and green items balls u get for free from lvling up ur char

thanks weiler, but i am not that good at the game. i am just decent at it. once u get into pro channel u will see all those pro players do amazing things at lvl 50

Do any of your CCs allow you to create virtual CCs for online shopping? Some cards have that capability so you could use that and deactivate it once you are done.
I've used a real credit card to make a run for EA's border multiple times and haven't been robbed blind by the drug cartel yet.

https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/669313626751246336

I know, old news, blah blah. This is going to screw up all kinds of game trading.

bread's done
Back