Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I would more say thirsty nerds buy games for girls they're not fuck ing. And GOOD game that. Even my girlfriend would be lucky to get indie gala bundle keys from me.
FWIW I was thinking more grabbing it for her to pay me back since she wasn't around and probably wouldn't mess with Putining anyway and I don't mind Putining for other people anyway as long as they don't wear furry suits.

But I've gifted her games in the past and she's gifted me games as well. I've also gifted plenty of people with a penis games. Hell, I gave away like 50 copies of Coconut Queen that one summer and that was mostly a sausage fest.

Prior Steam Winter Sale Rules:

1) Don't buy anything unless it's a flash or daily as the price can drop as the sale goes on.

2) Remember to get excited when dailies and flash sales go live as you can catch amazing price glitches.

3) Enjoy some of the entertaining meta games provided by Steam, and sell off the cards for decent amounts.

4) Try to keep up with the Steam thread as it increases by 20+ pages a day with people happy about the sale.

New Steam Winter Sale Rules:

1) Buy what you want in the first 5 minutes.

2) Wait 6 months for Summer Sale.

fuck off Valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay sorry. Uh, like, JJ Abrams Star Wars sucks*. And stuff

*actually I haven't seen it yet

But his Star Trek does suck donkey balls tho.

FWIW I was thinking more grabbing it for her to pay me back since she wasn't around and probably wouldn't mess with Putining anyway and I don't mind Putining for other people anyway as long as they don't wear furry suits.

But I've gifted her games in the past and she's gifted me games as well. I've also gifted plenty of people with a penis games. Hell, I gave away like 50 copies of Coconut Queen that one summer and that was mostly a sausage fest.
You only gave away those games to dudes to cover up your thirst

I was all set to join in on a round of shitting on Ep7 but you went too far bro. Nobody is gonna buy that troll. You need to be more subtle.
No, he's right. Ep. 7 may be more competent in terms of cinematic quality (but even then, it's hardly any better), but it's devoid of any kind of creativity. Generic desert planet, generic forest planet, generic arctic planet, barely any non-humans outside of the obvious homages, Hayden Christensen wannabe, generic overlord shrouded in mystery, etc. Ep. 7 is the definition of 'polished turd'.

So, basically ignore this irrelevant wall of text.
I doubt Mad Max and Dying Light have worthwhile storytelling, character development, dialogue, and things of that sort. Techland + Avalanche are (normally) not known for this.

I think the best way to keep me interested with big-huge open-world games of that sort (where there's too much to do, which can get grindy eventually) is to also have that story-stuff. It's often the variety of that story-stuff & character-stuff and the gameplay is what kept me going w/ Dragon Age: Origins + Inquisition & Fallout: New Vegas for ridiculous numbers of hours (over 50-100 with each title) w/out even needing some other game in-between to break-up the monotony that often can eventually settle in.

raining_david_tennant.gif

You only gave away those games to dudes to cover up your thirst
Actually I just wanted to see a bunch of men play a game whose description was
you are the island's much-awaited Coconut Queen. Your own private getaway is devoid of females, so find company among the brawny native gents who welcome you with succulent fruits.
And they did too.

New Steam Winter Sale Rules:

1) Buy what you want in the first 5 minutes.
Given that Fallout 4 on Steam is now $50 but began the sale at $60 - are we so sure about this rule?

Looks like here's at least ONE exception to your new rule(s).

Also, given that likely most Steam sale prices won't change during the duration of the Steam sale - wouldn't it be best to wait until close to the end of the sale to see what other deal sites (like Amazon, NewEgg, GreenMan, Nuuvem, etc) might come up w/ for deals that might beat or match what Steam's doing?

NewEgg has FO4 PC retail box for $45 w/ free shipping with a promo code currently.

It seems like some of the big publishers with high profile new release AAA titles are just doing whatever the fuck they want. Ubi has been the last couple of sales.

The vast majority of the store though is the same sale price for the duration. If anything it's just some newer AAAA titles that might not be since those publishers are the 800 pound gorillas and if they don't want their hot new release on sale for a week and a half then Valve is probably just going to let them do what they want.

I though it was that in Coconut Queen the natives WERE succulent fruits.

About The Force Awakens, I thought it was watchable, but I felt
like the entire movie was JJ Abrams cliff notes version of A New Hope pasted together with original trilogy fanservice and Action sequences pulled out of his show old show Alias.

It's not bad enough that I have to fast forward about posts of one time price glitches in some third world country but now I have to skip posts for fear of sw spoilers too? Cruelty thy name is the steam thread.

It's not bad enough that I have to fast forward about posts of one time price glitches in some third world country but now I have to skip posts for fear of sw spoilers too? Cruelty thy name is the steam thread.
You don't have to worry about my posts.. I never post spoilers, and if I do I'd use spoiler tags. AFAIK no one has posted any for Star Wars in this thread yet.

You don't have to worry about my posts.. I never post spoilers, and if I do I'd use spoiler tags. AFAIK no one has posted any for Star Wars in this thread yet.
I suppose I am just hyper vigilant right now. Only a few days till I finally get to see if I like it or not.

yeah

We may be assholes, but we're not 100% a dick.

Oh well it will be my duty to be the first.

It's made by fucking Disney. If that doesn't spoil it I don't know what will.

I know. I finally got to join the exodus and now I have an invite back sitting in my inbox that needs deleted. But somehow 11 of my friends are still in it so Blade isn't the only one.

Has someone put together a list of good bundle fodder games appropriate for a preteen? May have to start lostnumbering for my nephew.

No, he's right. Ep. 7 may be more competent in terms of cinematic quality (but even then, it's hardly any better), but it's devoid of any kind of creativity. Generic desert planet, generic forest planet, generic arctic planet, barely any non-humans outside of the obvious homages, Hayden Christensen wannabe, generic overlord shrouded in mystery, etc. Ep. 7 is the definition of 'polished turd'.
Son, please. Don't try to turn this around. He said the PREQUELS were more creative. You can say Ep 7 is a shot for shot remake of ANH only with an unlikeable Mary Sue filling the Han, Luke, AND Obi Wan roles so you don't get any charming banter at all, but you can't say the prequels were better. Creativity isn't a positive compared to well-executed familiarity.

That's debatable. As far as creativity goes.. all 3 of the prequels were better. Obviously the original trilogy is the best, but I consider Ep7 to be the worst in the series.
It was still better overall than ep 1 and 2, but as a Star Wars movie, ep 7 was the worst of the series. 1 and 2 have way too many bad aspects to put above SW:FA as just a general movie, but I'll take the pod race from ep 1, the Jango Fett fight from ep 2 and the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight from ep 3 over anything in ep 7.

Son, please. Don't try to turn this around. He said the PREQUELS were more creative. You can say Ep 7 is a shot for shot remake of ANH only with an unlikeable Mary Sue filling the Han, Luke, AND Obi Wan roles so you don't get any charming banter at all, but you can't say the prequels were better. Creativity isn't a positive compared to well-executed familiarity.
I know what he said, and I was agreeing with it. TFA is certainly familiar, but there is nothing "well-executed" about any of that familiarity. It's not actively bad like the prequel trilogy, but I can remember those films -- and not solely due to their atrociousness. I had forgotten almost the entirety of TFA very shortly after leaving the cinema. I mean, both the prequels and TFA suck, but Lucas had pathos and vision. As fantasy films, creativity is the most important requirement. Familiarty means fuck all if the journey is devoid of any of the elements that made the world familiar to begin with!

I'll say it: I'd rather have Jar Jar Binks over bigger Death Star and recolored X-Wings. At least the prequels with their JJB gave us the amazing Darth Binks theory. JJ's "homage" is going to be just another Storm Trooper -- weak, indistinguishable, disposable.

On another note, "familiarity" has postitive connotations, it implies warmth and comfort. TFA is a corporate product for people who're fine with the status quo and want to be there and do that over and over and over again.

He's been banned for months. Then he threw a tantrum and everyone left his chat group too. Except Blade who he bribed with free games.
Ohhh. So that's why I haven't seen that chat room invite in forever.

I thought I was exiled. But maybe that's not such a bad thing. :whistle2:

Isn't that game super awful and it has nothing to do with the good Shadowrun games?
Maybe that was Shadowrun Chronicles: Infected? Because that one is a bollocks multiplayer focused Zombie spinoff.

Edit: Oh wait you're right nevermind. Still add zombies and it's even shitier because zombies these days means the idea well has run dry.

Last edited:
I know what he said, and I was agreeing with it. TFA is certainly familiar, but there is nothing "well-executed" about any of that familiarity. It's not actively bad like the prequel trilogy, but I can remember those films -- and not solely due to their atrociousness. I had forgotten almost the entirety of TFA very shortly after leaving the cinema. I mean, both the prequels and TFA suck, but Lucas had pathos and vision. As fantasy films, creativity is the most important requirement. Familiarty means fuck all if the journey is devoid of any of the elements that made the world familiar to begin with!

I'll say it: I'd rather have Jar Jar Binks over bigger Death Star and recolored X-Wings. At least the prequels with their JJB gave us the amazing Darth Binks theory. JJ's "homage" is going to be just another Storm Trooper -- weak, indistinguishable, disposable.

On another note, "familiarity" has postitive connotations, it implies warmth and comfort. TFA is a corporate product for people who're fine with the status quo and want to be there and do that over and over and over again.
Lucas had an eye for set pieces. You can only remember those films because they offended you and then you watched the RLM reviews. He took a movie about space rogues darting through asteroids and meeting old mystics and turned it into a film of trade disputes and utterly meaningless bureaucracy justifications for the next dumb action scene.

I bet you you can't even remember what Dooku was trying to do that made him the bad guy. I sure as shit can't.

And creativity is NOT the most important. The most important element is the same as any other genre, a well told story. Star Wars is at its heart Buck Rogers with space wizards. It wasn't original even when it came out. It was a homage to the classic space man saves space princess genre.

Creativity is a spice. It is neither negative nor positive except where it serves or fails to serve the story.

If you can pay real monies instead indie gala store has dying light for the same price, but you also get shadow of mordor goty with it.
Thanks - That would have been very tempting - if I hadn't just bought it at the end of November. :/ Oh, well - I knew it would happen, just didn't think it'd happen that quick. Mordor was fun anyway - at least its still not sitting in my backlog waiting to be played.

Thanks to Motoki, Zenii, Indef, hal, RollingSkull and Syntax Error. It seems Mad Max is the clear winner - I will grab it in the morning.

I don't know about you guys/gals but this Steam Winter sale is the manifestation of dumbassary.

It was still better overall than ep 1 and 2, but as a Star Wars movie, ep 7 was the worst of the series. 1 and 2 have way too many bad aspects to put above SW:FA as just a general movie, but I'll take the pod race from ep 1, the Jango Fett fight from ep 2 and the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight from ep 3 over anything in ep 7.
I dunno. The Starkiller base scene where they blow up an entire star system was pretty epic.

I'm sure this is thrown out there a lot on this thread (haven't seen it though, IIRC). Best place for cheap external HDDs? Need some system backup stuff! I'd assume Amazon but thought I'd double check. #slowtimeofthethread

bread's done
Back