Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
[quote name="Not Eric" post="13126720" timestamp="1451359018"]Finally able to get steam guard emails again.[/quote]
Finally able to poop out this Christmas ham I ate 3 days ago.

I just saw the new Star Wars movie. I enjoyed it but I'm not a nerd so I don't think I've seen 1, 2, and 3. Did I miss any deals here?
Heard through the grapevine that Madjoki, Spoder and Bruticus sat it in chat all day doing some scheisty shit to get a bunch of free games from MSI hardware info on eBay or some such. I don't know, I was at work, you know, working.

Be prepared for 'y u no bai on sekrit glitch we no tell u bout' for FF Type 0 and several other games.

Heard through the grapevine that Madjoki, Spoder and Bruticus sat it in chat all day doing some scheisty shit to get a bunch of free games from MSI hardware info on eBay or some such. I don't know, I was at work, you know, working.

Be prepared for 'y u no bai on sekrit glitch we no tell u bout' for FF Type 0 and several other games.
It was mostly Uplay games though, so that hardly even counts as a game at all.

I got nothing to do with it.

It is a uplay code but Gamersgate has the complete edition of Watch_Dogs for $15...  (It does come with the season pass and whatnot.)

Also I would like to point out that the base game is also on sale...  for $16 dollars or a buck more than the Complete Edition.  Wut?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-WDCEUS/watchdogs-complete-edition

Not sure what to think...  I would likely do it considering its the only game in the series so I obviously don't have any of the series on Steam  (unlike FC, SC, etc) but not sure it ranks higher than some of the other deals I'm looking at.

I wouldn't bother saving that at all... yuck. Vista? Thats probably the absolute worst OS MS ever made. That or ME.
Its got my vote... Though Windows NT 3.51 would be a close second.

_Laptop Stuff_

I asked this week because that's when it died... :(

She's not a gamer... Doesn't store important stuff on the laptop but does need to be able to store some stuff.

Smartphone keyboard... I pretty much have a set rule that the screen should be bigger than the keyboard for ones normal experience. Its a comfort thing.

Chromebook, maybe we need to go to a store and look at one... Just not sure I really want something like that. (new experience for both her and me.)

HD/SSD, likely going to go this way... Saw 120 GB SSD for 40 on Amazon today. Just need to make sure the tech hasn't changed since 2008 in how HD connect in laptops. (Laptops just aren't my things... )

well that was the early days of Windows so it gets a pass for being new... vista and ME are just shit =P

If she does no gaming and really does just browse the web and stuff a chromebook may indeed be the best bet. Go check some out. If you want to spend a little more you can get a half decent laptop once you creep up around the $400 range or so. Really up to you on how much you want to spend and need it for

Chromebooks do have some limited ability to store stuff locally (though most of it is saved online).  Ones I browsed through had 16-20GB SSDs which is enough to hold some files although it's a temporary solution.  Of course, if you needed more you could always use flash drives or an external HD down the line.

I'm not really invested in the Chromebook idea on any personal level, but it does sound like the most cost effective solution for her needs.

I hope someone can help me with this.. I purchased my son a Alienware Alpha I7... and he tried to play GTA V on it and it wouldn't run it. It says he meets all the specs, Should I contact Dell? I greatly appreciate your help with this..

How is it not running?  Does it fail to launch?  Does it just run very slowly/poorly?

The video card in the Alienware Alpha doesn't look very robust ("NVIDIA® GeForce® GPU 2GB GDDR5" - apparently a sort of overclocked 860M) but the specs for GTA V aren't that steep either (NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB).  Has he tried lowering the graphic options to as low as they get and working his way up from there?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope someone can help me with this.. I purchased my son a Alienware Alpha I7... and he tried to play GTA V on it and it wouldn't run it. It says he meets all the specs, Should I contact Dell? I greatly appreciate your help with this..
If you actually do meet the minimums (those are on GTA5 PC Steam page), then that sounds like it could be a Rockstar issue, not a Alienware one. I'd say to Google around for your issue; Check GTA5 Forums on Steam; and check Rockstar's Support.

Ever since Rockstar integrated RSSC (RockStar Social Club) directly into their games, those games (LA Noire, GTA4, Max Payne 3) can be a real pain-in-the-neck just to even boot-up - which is also reminiscent of the annoying G4WL problems. Always make sure when you boot you're actually connected online (just in case); that your game itself is up-to-date; and RSSC is up-to-date and didn't corrupt.

Also, make sure your video-card drivers are up-to-date, as well.

There could be other odd things, who knows. Keep trying.

Good luck.

EDIT:

Syntax made a good post. Don't push graphics settings to the moon, if you ain't rocking a high-end machine. Turn graphics settings down and mess w/ those, if need be.

How is it not running? Does it fail to launch? Does it just run very slowly/poorly?

The video card in the Alienware Alpha doesn't look very robust ("NVIDIA® GeForce® GPU 2GB GDDR5" - apparently a sort of overclocked 860M) but the specs for GTA V aren't that steep either (NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB). Has he tried lowering the graphic options to as low as they get and working his way up from there?
its very laggy....

its very laggy....
Own an alpha I3, with 8GB ram and GTA runs fine.

Add another stock of ram, the I7 is mostly useless when it comes to gaming, add another stick of ram and it will run good. Overclock the GPU to get a little extra out

Edit: To those who don't own an alpha, it only comes with 4GB of ram, which isn't enough to run games on it's own.. adding another stick helps tremendously.

Add another stock of ram, the I7 is mostly useless when it comes to gaming
To clarify, the i7 isn't "useless", it's just not significantly more useful than an i5. Although more games are starting to take advantage of it.

I would read the article I linked and follow its suggestions about texture quality and AA and see if that helps.

To clarify, the i7 isn't "useless", it's just not significantly more useful than an i5. Although more games are starting to take advantage of it.

I would read the article I linked and follow its suggestions about texture quality and AA and see if that helps.
It's mostly useless. I7s aren't being used to it's full capacity. I get extremely comparable graphics with my I3

It's mostly useless. I7s aren't being used to it's full capacity. I get extremely comparable graphics with my I3
Graphics aren't necessarily processor dependent. That's why we have graphic cards. Other aspects are handled by the processor (object tracking, AI, physics, etc) and no, an i3 is not equivalent to an i7 there. An i7 is only a minor step up from a same-generation i5 -- although some games are making better use of it these days -- but the i5 is a leap up from the i3.

You guys with your i-peens need to get a room. Some of us are trying to have conversations about VRAM, shark games, and which iteration of old Windows was the most terrible (for the record, it's Windows 98).

also, thoughts on a good gaming monitor, Thanks...
I'm going to assume (let me know if I'm wrong!) that since we're on this site, when you say "gaming monitor," you mean decent cheap monitor to play games on and not one of the actual G-Sync/FreeSync/etc. actual gaming monitors as those run upwards of $600+.

I'm sure others can give some suggestions, but I have one of these and it has worked really well for me. Also price won't break the bank, so more money for games. :D/

Only real disadvantage is that is has a glossy screen, so if it's set up in an area with a light source behind it, you may want to look for something comparable with a matte screen to reduce glare.

You guys with your i-peens need to get a room. Some of us are trying to have conversations about VRAM, shark games, and which iteration of old Windows was the most terrible (for the record, it's Windows 98).
WTH? When did Windows 98 become "old" Windows...? (No real need to answer... I know its me who is old.) :whistle2:(

Anything over 24 inches at 1920x1080 is not worth it.

Also, you can get a cheap IPS or even TN (144hz) monitor for cheap ($150-250).  No need for a $600 monitor

Oh come on, we all know nothing was more terrible than ME. So bad it got pulled from the market after like a year...

Although, in the spirit of the holidays, I suppose we can all compromise and agree that Microsoft Bob was a complete dumpster fire.

Anything over 24 inches at 1920x1080 is not worth it.
That's not what all the ladies say...

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Oh whatever. Nerds will always go don't do this and don't do that. Buy whatever the hell you like just try to get a decent price for it if you can.

I have a 27" monitor running at 1080p and it looks fine to me. I'm sure it's not the optimal configuration of pixelwatts and gigabolts but it works for me and that's all that matters.

Some Putingate stuffs:

Shadow of Mordor GotY - 4,214 BC ($4.21)

Company of Heroes Franchise Edition - 4,719 BC ($4.72) Shouldn't be region locked no RU in the GG URL and there is no Russian version in the Steam DB

As always, 4DUMEEZ DISCLAIMER:

Clear Cookies in Chrome like this
N3Ezt0m.jpg

TqdxRJk.jpg

5wxx7eb.jpg

xou8Q0k.jpg

gS1iScQ.jpg
or just use a different browser, VPN WHILE LOGGED OUT just briefly to set pricing, shut off vpn BEFORE you login. Pay WITH BLUE COINS.

If you need an odd number of Blue coins first add: 
Code:
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DD-CRED5000
then add:
Code:
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DD-CRED1000
as many times as you need. Once you've added at least one 1K pack you can take the 5K pack out the cart if you want.

Motoki plays his granny games at 640x480. Less pixels to mouse over means an easier time in his hidden pixel adventures.

Oh whatever. Nerds will always go don't do this and don't do that.
Half of owning a computer is telling everyone else that they're owning a computer the wrong way.

The other half is mocking console owners.

Some Putingate stuffs:Shadow of Mordor GotY - 4,214 BC ($4.21)Company of Heroes Franchise Edition - 4,719 BC ($4.72) Shouldn't be region locked no RU in the GG URL and there is no Russian version in the Steam DBAs always, 4DUMEEZ DISCLAIMER:Clear Cookies in Chrome like this
N3Ezt0m.jpg
TqdxRJk.jpg
5wxx7eb.jpg
xou8Q0k.jpg
gS1iScQ.jpg
or just use a different browser, VPN WHILE LOGGED OUT just briefly to set pricing, shut off vpn BEFORE you login. Pay WITH BLUE COINS.If you need an odd number of Blue coins first add:

Code:
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DD-CRED5000
then add:
Code:
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DD-CRED1000
as many times as you need. Once you've added at least one 1K pack you can take the 5K pack out the cart if you want.
Already have Mordor, highly recommend based upon the limited ammount I've played btw, but I have a Putingate question for future knowledge... Should you buy BCs in your local currency, first?

Probably posted somewhere before but Target still has a deal going, buy 1 Steam card, the second card equal or lesser value is 10% off.

bread's done
Back