Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
WTH? When did Windows 98 become "old" Windows...? (No real need to answer... I know its me who is old.) :whistle2:(
Okay, it's not Windows 1.0 or 3.11 or anything, but, hey, those were exponentially better than DOS 6.22.

Oh come on, we all know nothing was more terrible than ME. So bad it got pulled from the market after like a year...

Although, in the spirit of the holidays, I suppose we can all compromise and agree that Microsoft Bob was a complete dumpster fire.
Eh, ME was just a slightly-reskinned 98.

I just now noticed that this Steam "sale" won't end until Jan 4...

Valve, please stop beating this shitty, lame horse, he was dead on arrival, anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjoMQJf5vKI
Sorry, Back to old ass OS talk and Russian deals

Some Putingate stuffs:

Shadow of Mordor GotY - 4,214 BC ($4.21)

Company of Heroes Franchise Edition - 4,719 BC ($4.72) Shouldn't be region locked no RU in the GG URL and there is no Russian version in the Steam DB

As always, 4DUMEEZ DISCLAIMER:

Clear Cookies in Chrome like this
N3Ezt0m.jpg

TqdxRJk.jpg

5wxx7eb.jpg

xou8Q0k.jpg

gS1iScQ.jpg
or just use a different browser, VPN WHILE LOGGED OUT just briefly to set pricing, shut off vpn BEFORE you login. Pay WITH BLUE COINS.

If you need an odd number of Blue coins first add:

http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DD-CRED5000
then add:
Code:
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DD-CRED1000
as many times as you need. Once you've added at least one 1K pack you can take the 5K pack out the cart if you want.
Thank you for this website never really heard of it seems like an awesome price for Mordor

They used to have decents deals (and glitches) at one time but they're largely irrelevant now except in certain specific sales where you pretend to be Russian.

Ok so a couple of games I picked up during the sale have told me its time to upgrade my card. 

I currently have the following system...

Ivy Bridge i7 3770k 3.50Ghz

16GB DDR 3 Ram

GeForce GTX 670 4Gb GDDR5

I was thinking about picking up a GTX 970, but was wondering if getting either the GTX 980 or GTX 980 Ti was worth the extra funds as they are quite a bit more. Anyone tried out a couple of these and have any opinions ? 

I was thinking about picking up a GTX 970, but was wondering if getting either the GTX 980 or GTX 980 Ti was worth the extra funds as they are quite a bit more. Anyone tried out a couple of these and have any opinions ?
The 970 suffers a serious hit to its performance when a game tries to access anything beyond the card's initial 3.5GB of VRAM. The 980 doesn't have that problem.

You may just want to wait things out though as the next generation of video cards are suppose to launch in the first half of next year and are said to be a considerable step up from the 900 series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so a couple of games I picked up during the sale have told me its time to upgrade my card.

16GB DDR 3 Ram

I went from an R9 270 to a GTX 970 over the last few months and its been fantastic for me. Everything at Ultra and 99% of the time above 60 FPS unless a game has less than stellar optimization (i.e. Just Cause 3) + you can find really good ones under or around $300 relatively easy. I got the MSI 4G and its been a beast. I'm not ready to make the jump to 4K, so I couldn't justify the 980 when the 970 accomplishes what I wanted and needed right now. If I was playing at a higher resolution than 1080 regularly than I would've been more likely to go for the 980.

16GB DDR 3 Ram

I used to own the GTX 670, then a GTX 780 and now in my build, the GTX 980 Ti. I'd say it was quite a jump for me. I can nearly max out Ass Creed Syndicate. I just play with AA off @ 1440p

I also have the same CPU and it's OC'd to 4.3 Ghz.

If you got the budget, just get 980 Ti which makes the biggest difference, if not, GTX 980 is great at just 1080p.

Get a 970 for now and wait for the next chipset.  Apparently it's supposed to be a large boost...but we have all heard that before so only time will tell.

Sale anecdote:

With there being no dailies and flash sales anymore, there's no requirement to wait until the penultimate day to see if you can squeeze out an extra 8% on your wishlisted items and then panic-buy. I've quite liked this sale. I started with a pot of steam cash and I've grabbed a new game every other day. It's a slow burner.

Yay for stress-free low-expectation storefronts!

Today was Undertale.

:whee:

Anyone have any suggestions for Nuuvem that aren't paypal locked? Sucks going through trying to figure out wtf in my cart is keeping me from being able to buy.

Sale anecdote:

With there being no dailies and flash sales anymore, there's no requirement to wait until the penultimate day to see if you can squeeze out an extra 8% on your wishlisted items and then panic-buy. I've quite liked this sale. I started with a pot of steam cash and I've grabbed a new game every other day. It's a slow burner.

Yay for stress-free low-expectation storefronts!

Today was Undertale.

:whee:
Still better to buy games on the last day so you make the most out of the refund policy, unless you're going to play them immediately or if it's a glitch

I went from an R9 270 to a GTX 970 over the last few months and its been fantastic for me. Everything at Ultra and 99% of the time above 60 FPS unless a game has less than stellar optimization (i.e. Just Cause 3) + you can find really good ones under or around $300 relatively easy. I got the MSI 4G and its been a beast. I'm not ready to make the jump to 4K, so I couldn't justify the 980 when the 970 accomplishes what I wanted and needed right now. If I was playing at a higher resolution than 1080 regularly than I would've been more likely to go for the 980.
Hey, real quick, what's the serial number for your GTX 970? PM me with it, I'm uh...making a database...

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Still better to buy games on the last day so you make the most out of the refund policy, unless you're going to play them immediately or if it's a glitch
Plus the chance of something getting bundled during the sale. I'm looking at you, Apotheon!

I bet people who bought Fallout 4 a day or two before it suddenly dropped $10 a couple days into the sale were thrilled with the new no-stress format :lol:

Settled on Talos, Necrodancer, and Undertale. I'm THIS close to pulling the trigger on Axiom Verge. If it had dropped lower than the Fall sale (like Talos did) I'd grab it no question. Crazy that I'd get this worked up over ~$4, but then again this is the Steam thread.

After playing the tutorial of Endless Legend, and going way back to the 4X discussion, agree with the others to start with Civ V. I'm not a 4X expert or w.e. but played a decent amount and EL confused the fuck out of me so far, going to have to watch some videos soon-ish just to better understand it's mechanics and such. 

Civ V is pretty easy to just pick up and play, you won't do well probably but shouldn't be overly confused with the mechanics (unless they added some weird stuff with BNW, as I haven't played with that yet). Endless Space is another option, which I thought was pretty easy to understand as well, if you want to go for a space 4X. EL looks like it'll be more interesting/complex but still Civ V seems the way better starter game, then pick up EL in the summer if you like Civ. 

I bet people who bought Fallout 4 a day or two before it suddenly dropped $10 a couple days into the sale were thrilled with the new no-stress format :lol:
Or Ubisoft games (though they should have known from the autumn sale), since Ubi is one of the few that can apparently put their games up late and end them early.

The only thing I've bought so far is Undertale and I beat it. So far, this is probably the first time I've actually beaten all the games I've gotten from a Steam sale.

Can't let that stand, so these are the games I'm most tempted by in order from most to least:

Hotline Miami 2

Skyshine's Bedlam

Rollers of the Realm

Roundabout

Fallout: NV

Audiosurf 2

Anybody have strong feelings on the value of any of these?

The only thing I've bought so far is Undertale and I beat it. So far, this is probably the first time I've actually beaten all the games I've gotten from a Steam sale.

Can't let that stand, so these are the games I'm most tempted by in order from most to least:

Hotline Miami 2

Skyshine's Bedlam

Rollers of the Realm

Roundabout

Audiosurf 2

yes

no

not a clue

yes-ish

obviously YES

sure, why not

Hotline Miami 2

Skyshine's Bedlam

Rollers of the Realm

Roundabout

Audiosurf 2

w8 4 bundle

free via ign prime, trade 4 it

w8 4 rebundle, bundled b4

w8 4 bundle

how u no have dis frum GG bethesda pack glitch

w8 4 bundle

they didn't check back or repeatedly refresh their Steam page so they didn't really care one way or another.

Ignorance is bliss. :lol:

besides, who buy from steam when 3rd party site offers much better price?

anyone with a amd system manage to run ac syndicate pretty good?  I was starting the Jack the Ripper dlc and it was running real good at 50-60 at 1080 on high but then theres large crowds of people in the streets, it drops to 30 :/

Hotline Miami 2
Skyshine's Bedlam
Rollers of the Realm
Roundabout
Audiosurf 2
all junk, which most likely end up on humblebundle

After playing the tutorial of Endless Legend, and going way back to the 4X discussion, agree with the others to start with Civ V. I'm not a 4X expert or w.e. but played a decent amount and EL confused the fuck out of me so far, going to have to watch some videos soon-ish just to better understand it's mechanics and such.

Civ V is pretty easy to just pick up and play, you won't do well probably but shouldn't be overly confused with the mechanics (unless they added some weird stuff with BNW, as I haven't played with that yet). Endless Space is another option, which I thought was pretty easy to understand as well, if you want to go for a space 4X. EL looks like it'll be more interesting/complex but still Civ V seems the way better starter game, then pick up EL in the summer if you like Civ.
I do still like civV, and usually end up doing well in matches. However I still feel like Im the only one to never win an ES match. Read through the forums, followed strategies, yet every time I would still get my ass kicked even on the easiest setting. Maybe I just always got super unlucky but after 10-15 tries at that game I gave up never having even come close to a win

anyone with a amd system manage to run ac syndicate pretty good? I was starting the Jack the Ripper dlc and it was running real good at 50-60 at 1080 on high but then theres large crowds of people in the streets, it drops to 30 :/
it has to do with ubisofts pc port of assassin creed, and how poorly it is optimized, as with all pc ports of ubisoft games from their console counterparts.
there is nothing u can do about it

w8 4 bundle

free via ign prime, trade 4 it

w8 4 rebundle, bundled b4

w8 4 bundle

how u no have dis frum GG bethesda pack glitch

w8 4 bundle
Hmmm, I just searched for Skyshine in the trading forum and nothing came up, although I know the search can be a little wonky.

Man, it looks like I could just sign up for ign prime and get it for less than Steam sells it.

Edit: Nm, googling brought me to an old page.

You guys with your i-peens need to get a room. Some of us are trying to have conversations about VRAM, shark games, and which iteration of old Windows was the most terrible (for the record, it's Windows 98).
Well, GTA5 does have those Shark Codes and we talking about Sharks - so, there's that.... :p

Also, I don't think I've seen anything as terrible as Windows ME. That OS was just abysmal - glitches, crashes, freezes, and other madness for....no real reason. I'd take Win 98 SE over ME any day.

EDIT:

is there a release date for battlefront on steam?
Given that EA + Valve don't get along for so many reasons....

pigs_flying.jpg

Hotline Miami 2

Skyshine's Bedlam

Rollers of the Realm

Roundabout

Audiosurf 2

If we talking about lowest prices games have been, ALWAYS check sites like ITAD aka Is There Any Deal.

Bookmark it now. Use it as much as you can - I always consult that for price-checks when deals pop-up.

About what games to get from your list, if you love RPG's and shooters mixed into an awesome hybrid then go get Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition when it's dirt-cheap - which is has been, many times.

And here is ITAD on FO NV Ultimate's best prices - click me.

Many of the official content DLC's for FO:NV range from good to great + you might want at some point - if you replay games or like games to be more difficult, so you might - want to go much harder for difficulty and use Josh E. Sawyer's Even More HardCore Mod (which requires you own FO:NV + ALL DLC's - and so you know, Josh was the Lead Dev on FO:NV for Obsidian, BTW); so that's why you want to go Ultimate Ed here.

All this years Steam Sale did was make me seriously consider buying Apple TV for cheap/BS games made in China for under a buck each.  No goofy winter sale necessary.

I had over $60 of games in my cart....

I thought about it for a while and said F it...

Went to the corner and picked up a shady stripper for $45 and a $2 tip

Worth it

Still have $13 left over for Steam...hmmm

I had over $60 of games in my cart....

I thought about it for a while and said F it...

Went to the corner and picked up a shady stripper for $45 and a $2 tip

Worth it

Still have $13 left over for Steam...hmmm
I don't understand. Was this a stripper who also prostituted herself on the side or...?

I don't understand. Was this a stripper who also prostituted herself on the side or...?
Yep...I couldnt think of the actual name when typing this. Prostitute is the correct term. I guess the STDs gave me are already spreading and infecting my brain.

Oh snap..they're called STI's nowadays derp.

Yep...I couldnt think of the actual name when typing this. Prostitute is the correct term. I guess the STDs gave me are already spreading and infecting my brain.

Oh snap..they're called STI's nowadays derp.
I mean, yeah. What can you expect for $45? And, a $2 tip!? They live on their tips, chief. Like a waitress... who serves sex.

bread's done
Back