Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Don't worry, it will get back to the regularly scheduled hardware and bro thread by the morning.
I'm going to say since most of you are still asleep its not really morning yet...

Wow, that was a real ugly game and I say that while I acknowledge that I really love watching great defenses at work. (Its hard for me not to considering I watched allot of good defense growing up here in KC) So one inept offense vs a good defense and one great defense vs a really good to great offense should have really been up my ally.. It just wasn't and I can blame the Denver offense for that as they just sucked the joy out of the game...

Denver's defense was amazing... This cannot be stated enough. The better team lost and the team that one only played competently on one side of the ball. Truly impressive on that stage to pull that off. I wasn't impressed with the refereeing but I don't think the fix was on like Blade does. (That looked like a catch on reply and that change in field position was huge as if that call was overturned there would have been no fumble recovered in the endzone. And Peyton wasn't going to put it in the endzone.. Hell, they would have been lucky to get a FG.)

Anyhow, Manning has got to retire... I have no love for the man, honestly I cannot think of anyone in the sports that I hate more, but he has done everything in a career that you can hope to do, his body is failing him (and it will won't be at his age) and its time for him to think about his family and life after football. (If he wants to stay in the game I think he could start his coaching career as an offensive coordinator... You cannot say that about too many people.) I DO think he will retire later in the week. (Last night he just didn't want to distract from the team last night.)

So next year should be interesting... Panthers need to rebound, Denver needs to find a new QB, New England is going to be healthy and shouldn't lose as many people injuries, etc. The Panthers should be the favorite but I think it should be wide open next year.

Edit: The commercials rather sucked last night. I did like the Ant-Man and Hulk coke ad.

Edit 2: Oh and the QuickBooks (and Death Wish Coffee) ad was/is an amazing idea. I hope it its a big score for both of them. (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/super-bowl-50-commercials-intuit-quickbooks-death-wish-coffee-ad/)

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver's defense was amazing... This cannot be stated enough. The better team lost and the team that one only played competently on one side of the ball. Truly impressive on that stage to pull that off.
I disagree. I think the better team won. Even without any semblance of an NFL-quality offense, Denver was the better team. Their defense was just that good. Never has a team that unbalanced won a Superbowl, but it's quite possible that this Denver defense is the best ever.

(Also, Special Teams matters. It's been an ongoing weakness for Carolina and strength for Denver, and it showed last night.)

Super Bowl 50 in a nutshell:

9vaqVEG.jpg

papajohn.0.gif

I dunno.  I thought the game was meh/average at best.  Won't go down in history other than, hopefully, Manning's last game.  Go out on top.  Better than being benched.

The D's were good.  Just too many mistakes by Carolina.  

The commercials... makes me want to get my spouse preggo just to try the Doritos one (I know it doesn't work.. but it was hilarious).

On that note... what's up with XC2?  The difficulty went from ok ok ok... little harder.. to smack you in the face and steal your lunch money.  What the deuce?

I disagree. I think the better team won. Even without any semblance of an NFL-quality offense, Denver was the better team. Their defense was just that good. Never has a team that unbalanced won a Superbowl, but it's quite possible that this Denver defense is the best ever.
Well, they won 15 games total this year... 12 in the regular season and their required 3 in the post season so on some level its hard to argue that the better team didn't win but one of the things that makes sports so great and talked about is what could have been.

As for the defense I think they are a hell of a talented team, easily one of the best defensive ever, but four teams beat them this year... The Chiefs (who could have done it twice), the Colts. The Raiders, and the Steelers. I just don't see best defense ever. (The Colts and the Raiders both finished at or below 500 and I just don't see a team labeled as "Best Defense" ever losing two of those games.)

I figured as much, but I asked here before biting on Tomb Raider somewhere else and you guys were able to help.
Its a better price than I could find... Hell, even CDkeys has it for more than the price you quoted but some of the others might be able to help.

Its really quite in here this morning... (Not even any talk about the indiegala bundle) so I'm not sure where everyone is this morning.

There is something you can make that turns the game from aliens destroying your face back to moderate difficulty but I'd rather not spoil it.

Also the cheapest was $32 now it's $37

... huh.

Did Valve make steam trade emails mandatory now? One of my alts had email confirmations turned on, and I kept those off on purpose. I was wondering why none of my items had been sent to my main...

... huh.

Did Valve make steam trade emails mandatory now? One of my alts had email confirmations turned on, and I kept those off on purpose. I was wondering why none of my items had been sent to my main...
There was a notice a few weeks ago that some trades would have mandatory email confirmations. I've never run into one so I don't know what criteria there are using when determining that a trade will have it required though.

Gal Gadot will never be as good as you, Blade. You're the only amazonian bundle trash princess for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ZFuwljIJ4

Since you all were talking about building your own systems earlier, here's a good deal on a CPU/MOBO combo.

Intel i5-6600K + Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P

$269.99

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1176282-REG/intel_bx80662i56600k_6th_gen_i7_6600k.html
Man, I really want to upgrade/build a new computer, but I think the thing I need most upgraded is my video card and I hear people saying to wait until later in the year when the new cards release. Not sure if there's any reason to upgrade other stuff before then.

Man, I really want to upgrade/build a new computer, but I think the thing I need most upgraded is my video card and I hear people saying to wait until later in the year when the new cards release. Not sure if there's any reason to upgrade other stuff before then.
same here, planning on doing a 6700k build, but at this point theres no reason to rush it if your going to wait for the pascal cards anyway. By the time they come out hopefully the processors+mobos+ssd+etc will have dropped. The i5 skylakes are at an OK price already but the i7's could do with a 50-100$ drop

There is something you can make that turns the game from aliens destroying your face back to moderate difficulty but I'd rather not spoil it.
Also the cheapest was $32 now it's $37
where are you all seeing it for 37? Way better price than I'm finding... Which makes me wonder what I'm missing. :)

GMG tho :p Wasn't locked few days ago.
GMG is a huge pain in the ass to get Russian stuff from. I never did get it to work right even with a 'Russian' paypal account that I transferred funds from my real account in rubles and even Tomasety's Spanish connection ended up getting caught there and banned. It's more hassle than setting up an Argentinian Diner's Club card or whatever you need to do these days to get around Nuuvem's Paypal locks. And a real Russian, being a Russian, will charge a hefty to fee because this ain't no charity bitch.

That's assuming it's not locked, which I'm still not convinced it isn't. It's not locked in the normal way with an RU CIS version in the Steamdb but I bet they did something with it. Gamersgate doesn't put RU in their urls unless the product is not usable outside of Russia.

I mean, if you want to go 'y u no bai...?' as usual then go for it, but us mere mortals who will buy from a shady site but aren't willing to jump through 20 flaming hoops it's not really a viable option for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they won 15 games total this year... 12 in the regular season and their required 3 in the post season so on some level its hard to argue that the better team didn't win but one of the things that makes sports so great and talked about is what could have been.

As for the defense I think they are a hell of a talented team, easily one of the best defensive ever, but four teams beat them this year... The Chiefs (who could have done it twice), the Colts. The Raiders, and the Steelers. I just don't see best defense ever. (The Colts and the Raiders both finished at or below 500 and I just don't see a team labeled as "Best Defense" ever losing two of those games.)
I'm certainly not one to argue that the winner of a championship is, by definition, the best team in that sport that year. I recognize that sometimes the better team loses. I just don't think that was the case this year.

And even if Denver's defense is the best ever, the offense is anything but. They can be the best team this year, have the best defense ever, and still collect a few losses. (I'm not necessarily arguing myself that this defense is the best ever, but I would argue that it's on the short list for discussion.)

Street Racing Syndicate and Gunmetal are PS2 era games that are both on sale for 99 cents each during the Lunar New Year's Sale. Would modern PCs have trouble running those games?

I mean, if you want to go 'y u no bai...?' as usual then go for it, but us mere mortals who will buy from a shady site but aren't willing to jump through 20 flaming hoops it's not really a viable option for us.
Don't worry, I got revenge for you. I did "y u no bai" for The Evil Within season pass when it was $1.62 on putingate in hangout chat the other day. madjoki and Bruticis were pissed that they missed that.

Tebow is the nickname of a certain former CAG member who used to frequent these boards & type in his own language of Tebonics.

He was a big Tim Tebow fan and really hasn't liked the Broncos + Elway since they got rid of Tim.
he got banned b/c ppl got jealous of his special language. RIP Tebow :whistle2:

Just got back from Goodwill... Apparently Motoki and MysterD's lovechild lives nearby and dumped off their game collection.

qCCLPL4.jpg

Any cases in your state ? There have been some over here on the mid-Atlantic so I haven't bothered.
I did a little searching and while the headlines state that the outbreak "moved into Illinois" there was only one case and no definitive answer as to whether or not it was related to Chipotle. I think I might be safe to get that free burrito.

bread's done
Back