Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Mad Max is $14.99 USD or $11.19 Poutine (Canadian) pricing on Bundlestars right now. That's the lowest it has been on a non total schiestery site AFAIK and even they shady sellers are selling it for 10 gyros which is about $11 anyway.

Mad Max is $14.99 USD or $11.19 Poutine (Canadian) pricing on Bundlestars right now. That's the lowest it has been on a non total schiestery site AFAIK and even they shady sellers are selling it for 10 gyros which is about $11 anyway.
Y

U

KNOW

BAI

FRUM

NUUVEEEEEEEEM FOR

$7US????

I forgot about them. So it's not Paypal or Steam region locked or anything from there?

I don't usually consider Nuuvem anymore because so much of their stuff is off limits these days unless you have a fake Argentinian Diner's Club card or some crap.

I forgot about them. So it's not Paypal or Steam region locked or anything from there?

I don't usually consider Nuuvem anymore because so much of their stuff is off limits these days unless you have a fake Argentinian Diner's Club card or some crap.
Wasn't about a month ago when I bought it...came with a bunch of preorder carp....how is the game? Dunno...in my backlog.....

Wasn't about a month ago when I bought it...came with a bunch of preorder carp....how is the game? Dunno...in my backlog.....
It's pretty good. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, the only issue I've had is a few items I've destroyed not counting towards my completion, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a 100% on it. :(

Edit: I also got it from Nuuvem, and it came with a bunch of stuff I never even used (weapon bonuses or something.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's awesome. I mean what other game can you harpoon people from your car? Has a hot air balloon too.

Also it's a great screenshot generator. :p

I mean seriously, I've some of the nicest screenshots on Steam in my feed from a post apocalyptic game of all things.

The Division is now available for preload supposedly for both Steam and Uplay however I can't confirm Steam since my pre-order is on Uplay. Game download is only a bit bigger than beta at 28.67 GB.

What I meant to say earlier...

Adding Windows Store apps to Steam

Thanks. I've done it before but it was a long ass time ago and I had forgotten. I knew it was doable though.

It's awesome. I mean what other game can you harpoon people from your car? Has a hot air balloon too.

I mean seriously, I've some of the nicest screenshots on Steam in my feed from a post apocalyptic game of all things.
Yes, this, the game has amazing scenery and probably the best sun-based lighting and shadow effects I've ever seen on a video game.

It's definitely a good idea. I have two fans underneath as intakes, so maybe it would help have less dust and overall better flow/protection to raise it even 3 more inches with something like wood?
I usually wouldn't say it matters, but with intake fans under there, sitting it on something solid should help with airflow.

I've had my computers on the carpet going on over a year now and haven't noticed any more dust accumulating than when I kept my computer on my desk back when I had a smaller case. I mean, I'm sure being directly on any floor will bring it in closer contact to dirt and dust, but none of my fans are at the bottom so that probably helps.
It will also depend on where you live, and how often you clean. I've lived a couple of places where I vacuumed about once a month with very little dust on my case's filter, and one where I had to vacuum weekly or the filter would be thick with dust within a month.

What I meant to say earlier...

Adding Windows Store apps to Steam

This however doesn't let use steam controller or overlay, so it's kinda useless. It's probably fixable if Valve cares.

Mentioning Mad Max reminds me: I got in one the Best Buy laptop/Xbox One glitch and already gave my wife the laptop and am holding the X1 for my kid's birthday* on Saturday.  So I figured I should pick him up a couple games.  Man, pricing for console games is shit.  Friggin' $20-$60 for anything within the last 18 months and it's usually closer to $60 than $20.  How the hell are you supposed to backlog a thousand games at sixty bucks a pop!?

Anyway, Mad Max for X1 is on sale for $30 from Target right now if you want to get all over that deal.

* (side note: I already bought him 2 PS3 games before the glitch that will now probably never get played but I'm too lazy to return to Amazon)

I usually wouldn't say it matters, but with intake fans under there, sitting it on something solid should help with airflow.

It will also depend on where you live, and how often you clean. I've lived a couple of places where I vacuumed about once a month with very little dust on my case's filter, and one where I had to vacuum weekly or the filter would be thick with dust within a month.
Thanks!

And his top choice out of everything is Aliens: Colonial Marines?
why eat hamburger when you can have steak?

Man, pricing for console games is shit. Friggin' $20-$60 for anything within the last 18 months and it's usually closer to $60 than $20. How the hell are you supposed to backlog a thousand games at sixty bucks a pop!?
but you saved all that money buying a console instead of a pc, duh.

Yeah, this is definitely sound advice considering the intake fans. I have a dog so no matter where I put it I have to factor in the dog hairs and I also have to vacuum pretty regular because of that. As long as you open up your case periodically to dust it out and watch out for any build up you should be fine.

Mentioning Mad Max reminds me: I got in one the Best Buy laptop/Xbox One glitch and already gave my wife the laptop and am holding the X1 for my kid's birthday* on Saturday. So I figured I should pick him up a couple games. Man, pricing for console games is shit. Friggin' $20-$60 for anything within the last 18 months and it's usually closer to $60 than $20. How the hell are you supposed to backlog a thousand games at sixty bucks a pop!?

Anyway, Mad Max for X1 is on sale for $30 from Target right now if you want to get all over that deal.

* (side note: I already bought him 2 PS3 games before the glitch that will now probably never get played but I'm too lazy to return to Amazon)
Well the consolers usually take advantage of glitches and such. Like yesterday the new Homefront super fancy pre order was $23.99 glitched for Amazon Prime members for $23.99 instead of $159.99. So there's stuff like that. They also tend to lose their shit for like B2G1 Free deals at Target and Toys R Us and I think Target recently had a B1G1 on Ubisoft games. Gamestop can also be a good one especially if X1 games have started trickling into their 4 for $20 type sales.

I'm a bit jealous that glitch got honored. I missed it due to being sucked into a 7 Days to Die session with Reds and DFG. I blame them. But at the same time, I just got my wife a new laptop last year and I don't want a XB1. If it was a PS4 I think I'd be super green.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Best. Storm simulator. Ever.

The rest of the game is pretty great too.

Mentioning Mad Max reminds me: I got in one the Best Buy laptop/Xbox One glitch and already gave my wife the laptop and am holding the X1 for my kid's birthday* on Saturday. So I figured I should pick him up a couple games. Man, pricing for console games is shit. Friggin' $20-$60 for anything within the last 18 months and it's usually closer to $60 than $20. How the hell are you supposed to backlog a thousand games at sixty bucks a pop!?

Venturing outside this thread can be scary.

make sure you get ea access, a gold sub and a GCU card or whatever it is. Lords of the fallen and the sherlock homie game are the games with gold for one in march.

You should probably also get a gas card for driving to 30 different stores to trade stuff in to get a game for free!

They also tend to lose their shit for like B2G1 Free deals at Target and Toys R Us and I think Target recently had a B1G1 on Ubisoft games. Gamestop can also be a good one especially if X1 games have started trickling into their 4 for $20 type sales.
Glitches aside, I refuse to get excited for B2G1 (aka 33% off when you buy 3) "deals". :nottalking:

Availability is an issue, too. I was buying him a copy of Wolfenstein:TNO (he's 17, I guess he can see digital boobies) which I did find but it took a little doing. I didn't realize how spoiled I was by instant access to a million games online. I know some of this stuff can be bought digitally on consoles as well and, if I was going to buy someone a Steam game I'd get them a gift card same as I could do for Microsoft's store, but it was still jarring.

B2G1 + GCU = $32 a game.

And it's also where flipping comes in. If one of those games trades in for $40, then it's $28 a game.

So on and so forth.

Edit: Also Best Buy daily deals with GCU makes newer games $16 or so a lot of the times. Like Shadows of Morder GOTY. And again, that'll probably trade in for more than you paid for. So again, so on so forth.

Yeah, this is definitely sound advice considering the intake fans. I have a dog so no matter where I put it I have to factor in the dog hairs and I also have to vacuum pretty regular because of that. As long as you open up your case periodically to dust it out and watch out for any build up you should be fine.
Foam filters do a good job hindering pet hair.

B2G1 + GCU = $32 a game.

And it's also where flipping comes in. If one of those games trades in for $40, then it's $28 a game.
Keep going... You haven't reached $5 - $8 a game yet. (Also, he ain't never gonna flip/resell shit. They'll sit on his TV stand until future archaeologist grad students are digging them out from the ruins of the fifth world war...)

EA Access actually is a good idea since he wanted DA: Inquisition anyway and that's $20+ by itself.

Keep going... You haven't reached $5 - $8 a game yet.

EA Access actually is a good idea since he wanted DA: Inquisition anyway and that's $20+ by itself.
Yea, but it's pretty hard to get a AAA PC game for $5-8 a game 12-18 month after release too. Maybe $12.50 or so, but then you have to remember the physical versions have some value traded in or sold.

Edit: Around Black Friday, I picked up Until Dawn for $16, Bloodborne $16, Witcher 3 $20. They currently trade in at Amazon for $13.70, $14.38, and $19.36. So a 4 month rental for 3 AAA games would have been under $10. Still not cheap enough?

YNgtEuK.jpg

Yea, but it's pretty hard to get a AAA PC game for $5-8 a game 12-18 month after release too. Maybe $12.50 or so, but then you have to remember the physical versions have some value traded in or sold.

Edit: Around Black Friday, I picked up Until Dawn for $16, Bloodborne $16, Witcher 3 $20. They currently trade in at Amazon for $13.70, $14.38, and $19.36. So a 4 month rental for 3 AAA games would have been under $10. Still not cheap enough?
And how many boxes of Golden Crisp did you have to eat?

On a serious note though, it doesn't help that the "next gen" doesn't really have much in terms of console exclusives that would make it more palpable to spend $40 on something. A lot of their "new" games are just fancier looking versions of older games. When Mordor GOTY has been like $6 on PC, it's hard to drop more for it on X1. And I will say that except for a few super popular games, under $10 is very doable for most AAA on PC after about a year.

I did forget about Gold and EA Access though. PS+ is like a necessity if you have a PS console. Makes things more closer to PC level.

So a 4 month rental for 3 AAA games would have been under $10. Still not cheap enough?
I'm buying games. Out of pocket cost is what I care about since I don't plan on raiding my kid's game collection and selling them back to Amazon in three months. If I want to rent stuff, I'll go to Redbox or the corner video store.

I'm buying games. Out of pocket cost is what I care about since I don't plan on raiding my kid's game collection and selling them back to Amazon in three months. If I want to rent stuff, I'll go to Redbox or the corner video store.
Where do you live that there's a video store, 1996?

Renting the three games I mentioned for a day each would cost more than the 3 month "rental" in my example though.

And many console people would trade in when it's high, and buy again when it's clearanced for a more permanent collection.

But the main point still stands: There's real world value for physical games after you buy them.

Where do you live that there's a video store, 1996?
Family Video is strong around here. On the customer side, they're good for service (lot of free rentals, always free kids movie rentals, etc) and offer stuff like pizza delivery with your movies so one call sets you up for a night on the couch. On the business plan side, they own the property their stores are on and get into property management/leasing which gives them a firmer foundation than leasing someone else's space.

Family Video is strong around here. On the customer side, they're good for service (lot of free rentals, always free kids movie rentals, etc) and offer stuff like pizza delivery with your movies so one call sets you up for a night on the couch. On the business plan side, they own the property their stores are on and get into property management/leasing which gives them a firmer foundation than leasing someone else's space.
Well they have pizza. That changes everything. Bobbytastic seal of approval for sure.

So, what I've learned is that if I do all sorts of gymnastics with driving around and flipping, trading and waiting on B2G1 deals and don't mind trading in my games afterwards rather than keeping them I can kinda sorta get deals sorta comparable to sitting on my ass at my PC.

I'm convinced!

bread's done
Back