Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you're in the wrong room.. this is CAG.. not "pay full price for some UBISoft spy-ware installing madness".
Oh you know they'll just come back with 'y u no bai on 2 minute 3am glitch in Guatemala with vpn and fake Argentinian Diner's Club card'?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about buying Galactic Civilizations III from Chrono.gg today for $13.50.  But I see an expansion just released and there's a bunch of DLC stuff already.  Should I wait for a complete edition or buy it now?

Also the Division is awesome.  I'm level 15 and just did a bunch of dark zone extractions this afternoon.   Great game.  Trying to not spend a dime until I'm 30. 

Man,

So I bought Stardew valley thanks to you people. I want to like it, I really do. But I find myself pulled back into Rune Factory 4. What the heck am I missing?
Rune Factory 4 is the better game, but it's also not on PC. A lot of the Stardew Valley hype is because people don't have many options for similar games on PC, unlike the 3DS.

Rune Factory 4 is the better game, but it's also not on PC. A lot of the Stardew Valley hype is because people don't have many options for similar games on PC, unlike the 3DS.
Yea, maybe that's my issue. It's sad to think there won't be another Rune Factory.. but this game should get SOME support...

That's crazy. Would never expect that a game created by one guy for him to learn how to code wouldn't be as good as the series he took his inspiration from.

But on a serious note, this is probably like the time Tony said Madden 08 was selling like hotcakes. It's the best you've got on PC for this type of game so that's why it's selling so well.

Well half a million people and counting bought Stardew Valley so there's obviously a market for it. Too bad the Japanese still mostly have their heads up their asses when it comes to the Western PC market.

I was thinking about buying Galactic Civilizations III from Chrono.gg today for $13.50. But I see an expansion just released and there's a bunch of DLC stuff already. Should I wait for a complete edition or buy it now?

Also the Division is awesome. I'm level 15 and just did a bunch of dark zone extractions this afternoon. Great game. Trying to not spend a dime until I'm 30.
Y U NO WEN APPARENTLY FRE FRUM "RAFFLS"?!?!

But on a serious note, this is probably like the time Tony said Madden 08 was selling like hotcakes. It's the best you've got on PC for this type of game so that's why it's selling so well.
Still annoys me to no end that EA's NHL and Madden series have yet to return to PC. The only games besides the big budget console exclusives (i.e. Uncharted) that I miss. NHL especially. There's rumors that EA is reconsidering this stance for future installments at least. Id buy NHL pre-order. Madden Im less enthusiastic about but I would still be down with it.

RIP smackattack. Died being the only person on earth that didn't own Rocket League
:wave:

Amazon sent me two Hitman pre order bonus keys. Two rubber ducks!!
I got all 3 pre-order bonus items (there's no pack, just codes for separate items, for whatever reason).

I am just glad I got my explosive rubber ducky.

Now to not play the game until it's 75% off already.

I got my pre-order codes, including the rubber ducky! My new suit looks so stylin.

0uKygIX.jpg

Also here's a comparison of dx11 and dx12 in Tomb Raider, the one with the higher min. framerates is dx12(I also disabled ambient oclusion in dx12 but left it on in dx11)

DX11: 

8xmeNZe.png

DX12:

laBzAt9.png

Update on bro night event, i decided to not play the already schedule victory racing game
instead i continued my adventures in the divison with fellow cags

first i team up with eldritch, to do some main story n level my char to lvl 21. we had a breeze, because this time we were actually over the level requirement for the mission. we did 2 mission , and eldritch had to sleep.

so i continue my adventure solo into the darkzone for some loot, after about 30 minutes, until laney decided to join me. funny thing about it the server maintenance was about to shut down in 1 hr message pop out, soon after laney joined me. so we decided to make haste. it was then we realize after extracting 2-3 times, the dz server was empty( or so we thought). after running through several areas clearing mobs, it was at the clothing store where we met our match of strong npcs. right there we saw some other player extracting. laney decided to turn rogue n killed the poor guy extracting, leaving him bleeding to death. i show the guy mercy, and shoot him to death. so he didn't had to see us loot his stuff. also before then, i ended getting shot randomly(not sure if accdient) by a lvl 20 players, as a precaution i decided to have laney kill him ( instead because, since she is lvl 24, and do more dmg than me). as the guy laid bleeding, he yelled through his mic, and his last words being "U piece of shit".
a little later, he would group with his friends and retailiate on us( which we both died).

As the countdown to the server shutting down message went on. laney decided to go on a rogue killing spree to close out the night, every chance she gets near the extraction site

Still annoys me to no end that EA's NHL and Madden series have yet to return to PC. The only games besides the big budget console exclusives (i.e. Uncharted) that I miss. NHL especially. There's rumors that EA is reconsidering this stance for future installments at least. Id buy NHL pre-order. Madden Im less enthusiastic about but I would still be down with it.
Would love NHL games on PC again. At least Madden/NHL are still being made though, I miss College Hoops :( (especially with all the gameplay improvements 2K made in the NBA series).

Oh, and agree about fences breaking down in Stardew Valley. Haven't messed a lot with them (breakdown being part of the reason), but yeah not a big fan of that mechanic. Still loving it though, it and Factorio are two I'm glad I fakeybro'd.

Would love NHL games on PC again. At least Madden/NHL are still being made though, I miss College Hoops :( (especially with all the gameplay improvements 2K made in the NBA series).
I also certainly would love to see Madden and NHL games from EA return to the PC.

If it's the same DeadBread DLC that was given away at mmobomb, it unlocks cards and +1.

EDIT: Said I already own it, so I guess it is the same DLC.

0A57R-XXXNM-CH0XM

I thought you all would end up catching me... Looks like I was right. The weeks for me suck as I can only put in a few hours a day, I guess I could do a bit more, but I got a DVR I need to finish off before we swap to google... And that appears to be happening soonish as Google people woke me up again yesterday (twice now) to do the outside box for our line... Which they woke me up running. I'm not upset. Just realizing I need to get it done. (Of course the 2nd season of Bosch hit amazon yesterday and season 2 of Daredevil hits netflix next week. ugh. Just not enough time.)

Just a few quick Division notes. I've tried to get everyone in this thread on my uplay list that plays... I think I'm missing Archie. my username is the same as the forums. INMATEofARKHAM

The Scavenging ability you see on your equipment (usually backpacks) is magic find. You'll get better drops with a higher %.

When leveling don't fall in love with a weapon. When something better comes swap to it.

You can be in love with a weapon type... I swap assault rifle to assault rifle and try to swap from marksmen to marksmen. (that makes telling the DPS difference easier.)

Also don't fall in love with a color. A green AR can be better than that blue AR you have.

Experiment with weapons. Find your style.

Each tree has its own 1000 upgrade. Choosing this will unlock one extra ability for you to use. (Look at them, see which one you like best, and unlock it... The others can really wait till later.)

Lastly, a quick question, has anyone see a sawed off shotgun as a loot drop?

Honestly The Division is suffering from THE EXACT problem OG Destiny did.

Go to Point

Defend Point  from wave after wave

I hope they improve like Destiny did -.-

Also here's a comparison of dx11 and dx12 in Tomb Raider, the one with the higher min. framerates is dx12(I also disabled ambient oclusion in dx12 but left it on in dx11)

DX11:

8xmeNZe.png

DX12:

laBzAt9.png
How is that a good comparison since you disabled AO on DX12? :whistle2:k

Try the benchmark with everything on low or max.

Level 5 here. I need to grind before I can even do the next two missions. They are Level 7 and 8. Tried to do them and got slaughtered.
I've done all side missions as I've gone. I clear them block by block. This unlocks blue prints and whatnot and other good stuff... Returning to the Safe House/Base of Operations after they're all done nets some big xp. If you want to purely level... Play with a player of higher level. The enemies will spawn at the higher level and you'll get massive xp. (I'm mostly doing the side mission as I don't really think I'll want to clear them at level 30.)

Update on bro night event, i decided to not play the already schedule victory racing game
instead i continued my adventures in the divison with fellow cags
Bro-Date: I didn't play with bros and instead made some eggs. Lemme tell you in detail about these eggs I made...

Also the Division is awesome. I'm level 15 and just did a bunch of dark zone extractions this afternoon. Great game. Trying to not spend a dime until I'm 30.
Yeah, this should have been on my tips.... Save your credits and just roll with RNG while leveling. I will save picking up some weapon mods, if the rights mods come around, would be one of my exceptions.

That said I spend credits on appearl, weapon skins, and other items that strike me as highly unique. I couldn't resist a holster that had firearms, health, and tech. (I saw one like that in the open beta, hadn't seen one in the closed beta or the actual game... Hopefully it's not a complete loss.)

Been trying FFXIII. Yes, the game is a bad port. Stuttering. Tried everything. In the end, the thing that worked for me was checking CPU 0 (i3 here) on CPU affinity and uncheck the others. It was easy thanks to RadeonPro. Still have some screen tearing (may have to vSync at 30... Will try it later), but the game is beautiful. I'm liking it so far.

This place is so schizophrenic. Sometimes you guys peer pressure and make fun of people who buy something not in a bundle or absolute rock bottom sale and other times you guys peer pressure and make fun of people who don't pay at or near full price for the flavor of the week.

Seasonal The Division update: so I have been playing with YGC because none of the brohs will take my invite (that includes you Lane) and one of my buddies (he was level 19 on the first day). They are both pretty good at the game I still learning everything. Definitely alot more content than I thought and always finding more to do.

Need all the brohs and gurls to add me on Uplay (headpiece747) so we can get our levels up. See you on The Division.
Soz hp. I'm just powerleveling through everything, and playing with me right now would mean, not fun for you because The Division's scaling is bad (getting one shot by npcs everytime). I should be level 30 by the end of today :\

Soz hp. I'm just powerleveling through everything, and playing with me right now would mean, not fun for you because The Division's scaling is bad (getting one shot by npcs everytime). I should be level 30 by the end of today :\
I giggle a bit when I picture you switching between Stardew Valley and Division sessions especially after reading Y's rundown of your "bro-play". :D

Oh and Direct2Drive has a 60% off coupon going right now.

SPRINGFWD2016

One time use only, and it only works from 12 to 1 Pacific Daylight Time... which is apparently right now, but I dunno? Anyway most of their site is currently at full price, and it won't work on some titles (the email didn't say which...) so the coupon is pretty damn pointless.

Edit: Never mind, the coupon isn't working. Guess they fucked this up too.

bread's done
Back