Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The Scavenging ability you see on your equipment (usually backpacks) is magic find. You'll get better drops with a higher %.

Also don't fall in love with a color. A green AR can be better than that blue AR you have.

Experiment with weapons. Find your style.

Each tree has its own 1000 upgrade. Choosing this will unlock one extra ability for you to use. (Look at them, see which one you like best, and unlock it... The others can really wait till later.)

Lastly, a quick question, has anyone see a sawed off shotgun as a loot drop?
Those are some great tips and that's pretty similar to how I've been playing. I was wondering why I was getting more blue loot drops with some regularity, but I thought it had more to do with my level (18-19) until I looked into that Scavenging ability. Pretty cool.

I've played with all weapon types so far but I seem to gravitate towards equipping an AR as my primary, a marksman rifle as my secondary, and a shotgun to polish off those that get too close. A good marksman rifle I find to be very useful in the Division as you can pick off (headshot) lower health enemies and also give good chunk damage to any purple/yellow shielded enemies.

I suppose I haven't been paying attention to vendor inventory as much because I sell off anything that I don't currently need. Is there a vendor that sells weapon skins? The only one I have is the skin from that one Uplay 30-point unlock you can do.

I still haven't seen a sawed off shotgun drop so the drop rate must be fairly low.

As I've progressed I like to clear out sections of the city one by one and complete all side missions, find the collectibles, and complete each story mission on hard. However, there are two stupid ECHO recordings that won't disappear from my map so I was curious if anyone else had the same issue. There is one in Chelsea that appears stuck inside of a building and I spent far too long looking for an entrance but I think it must be a glitch. The other is in Tenderloin and of a recording of a guy with an asthma inhaler that gets torched by a cleaner. Your ECHO progress shows you've collected it but it stays on the map, so it must be an error and hopefully it will be fixed later.

Still having a blast with the game. I think I've added or accepted most everyone here, but if not I'm Motiv7 over in Uplay-ville.

Hi pasports31! :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing through The Division with a couple non-bros, but I'll eventually be up for some Dark Zone shenanigans. I'm kyanostiger on Uplay, I know I have some of you already.

Oh and Direct2Drive has a 60% off coupon going right now.

SPRINGFWD2016

One time use only, and it only works from 12 to 1 Pacific Daylight Time... which is apparently right now, but I dunno? Anyway most of their site is currently at full price, and it won't work on some titles (the email didn't say which...) so the coupon is pretty damn pointless.

Edit: Never mind, the coupon isn't working. Guess they fucked this up too.
The fine print says good for one hour 12pm to 1pm PDT, so it should be live in about 15 minutes but only for one hour.

*Edited to add: But nothing's on sale so there's not really anything good to use it on unless they are dumb enough to have not disabled it on new stuff like the (Uplay key for) The Division or I guess the 2016 Wrasslin'.

*Edit 2: Or I guess maybe the Fallout 4 season pass if you Gilbyed it before the price got jacked up and still want it.

The fine print says good for one hour 12pm to 1pm PDT, so it should be live in about 15 minutes but only for one hour.

*Edited to add: But nothing's on sale so there's not really anything good to use it on unless they are dumb enough to have not disabled it on new stuff like the (Uplay key for) The Division or I guess the 2016 Wrasslin'.

*Edit 2: Or I guess maybe the Fallout 4 season pass if you Gilbyed it before the price got jacked up and still want it.
Except PDT doesn't start until tomorrow.

We're still on Pacific Standard Time 'round here. Someone messed up. I mean the coupon working tomorrow? Makes sense. But it says the 12th, and it's not PDT yet.

Edit: Oh hey, they have Saw available for sale.

https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/download-saw-the-video-game/154015

Might be worth getting it for the +1 even if it's the censored one as Spoder mentioned some time ago.

Except PDT doesn't start until tomorrow.

We're still on Pacific Standard Time 'round here. Someone messed up.
Well I figured they still meant noon. *shrug* We will see in a few minutes.

*Edit: Yeah still not working. Anyway not like there's anything good to use it on besides The Division which everyone here will turn their nose up at any price because it's not a Steam key and they'd probably disable it for a new release besides.

Those are some great tips and that's pretty similar to how I've been playing. I was wondering why I was getting more blue loot drops with some regularity, but I thought it had more to do with my level (18-19) until I looked into that Scavenging ability. Pretty cool.

I've played with all weapon types so far but I seem to gravitate towards equipping an AR as my primary, a marksman rifle as my secondary, and a shotgun to polish off those that get too close. A good marksman rifle I find to be very useful in the Division as you can pick off (headshot) lower health enemies and also give good chunk damage to any purple/yellow shielded enemies.

I suppose I haven't been paying attention to vendor inventory as much because I sell off anything that I don't currently need. Is there a vendor that sells weapon skins? The only one I have is the skin from that one Uplay 30-point unlock you can do.

I still haven't seen a sawed off shotgun drop so the drop rate must be fairly low.

As I've progressed I like to clear out sections of the city one by one and complete all side missions, find the collectibles, and complete each story mission on hard. However, there are two stupid ECHO recordings that won't disappear from my map so I was curious if anyone else had the same issue. There is one in Chelsea that appears stuck inside of a building and I spent far too long looking for an entrance but I think it must be a glitch. The other is in Tenderloin and of a recording of a guy with an asthma inhaler that gets torched by a cleaner. Your ECHO progress shows you've collected it but it stays on the map, so it must be an error and hopefully it will be fixed later.

Still having a blast with the game. I think I've added or accepted most everyone here, but if not I'm Motiv7 over in Uplay-ville.

Hi pasports31! :wave:
I agree. Marksman rifles are the best. I prefer to use the high damage/low ROF archtypes because they hit like a truck. They're great for picking off elites from safe range. They're also almost mandatory in order to pick off sniping mobs which hit you the hardest. The one downside is that marksman rifles seem run out of ammo quickly.

I use a Marksman and LMG primary setup, and Assault Rifle + LMG. You have to use some sort of close range weapon like LMG, SMG, or Shotty to deal with charging foes and to be able defend yourself. SMGs with small sized clips are useless.

Also, stop selling your weapons to the vendors. Break them down for crafting parts instead. You'll want a supply of those when you hit 30. Feel free to waste green parts on the occasional temporary weapon upgrade but don't waste your other mats until you're capped at 30.

I dunno Division needs some aliens or wizards or farming or at least hot dog costumes and dildo bats. Just something different the dudes in fatigues with guns running around New York to get my attention.

A turtle... making eggs.
WHY DO YOU EAT YOUR YOUNG, YOU CANNIBAL
When I go to the local grocery store, they always have quail eggs and I always think about getting them and then realize that I'd have no idea what to do with quail eggs except maybe make a tiny omelet. This happens every time.

I've finally gotten around to playing Burial at Sea after mentioning in the other thread that I never play my Season Pass content. Man, I've forgotten how to Bioshock -- I'm terrible at this.

Huh, the D2D code seems to be working and it worked on preorders - someone on Reddit said they  got Mighty No. 9 for $8.

It doesn't work on The Division.

Finding the Division solid enough but boring. I'm playing with some friends, but I can tell once I get level 30 it's likely being traded in (playing on PS4). Very generic overall and frankly I don't get attached to any guns since they all seem similar other than their type of gun and their generic +% modifiers. It's not a terrible game by far, just really average and will be forgotten i'm almost sure by the time the first big DLC comes out in June. I know I will likely be on Overwatch or something else by then.

Meanwhile, I did some of my own fakeying.

pAku5IL.png

Who needs The Division when you can have Tropical Fish Shop 2.

Hi pasports31!   :wave:
lol, not to sound like an asshole, but u never accept invites, and when i joined u, u just leave. LOL u clearly want to play alone.

I dunno Division needs some aliens or wizards or farming or at least hot dog costumes and dildo bats. Just something different the dudes in fatigues with guns running around New York to get my attention.
I mostly just run around collecting nice scarves and doing jumping jacks at people. You might like it.

lol, not to sound like an asshole, but u never accept invites, and when i joined u, u just leave. LOL u clearly want to play alone.
people...add me as a friend for the derpvision. i just started playing today..im like level 2 or some shit

drabelincoln

for whatever reason ewwwwplay wont import my steam friend list...because ewwwplay is trash...will rebuy derpvision when its on steam for 5 dollars thats fo sho

people...add me as a friend for the derpvision. i just started playing today..im like level 2 or some shit

drabelincoln

for whatever reason ewwwwplay wont import my steam friend list...because ewwwplay is trash...will rebuy derpvision when its on steam for 5 dollars thats fo sho
It never worked for me either and I don't know anyone it worked for.

I suspect it only works if you have like 5 friends on Steam and if you have like a kajillion it chokes. The AC Black Flag companion app where you can send your boat out on missions and gift crap to friends was like that. If you had over 50 friends it just wouldn't work.

Probably they test stuff like this on some dummy account with like 3 friends and are all gr8 it werks, kthxbai

It never worked for me either and I don't know anyone it worked for.

I suspect it only works if you have like 5 friends on Steam and if you have like a kajillion it chokes. The AC Black Flag companion app where you can send your boat out on missions and gift crap to friends was like that. If you had over 50 friends it just wouldn't work.

Probably they test stuff like this on some dummy account with like 3 friends and are all gr8 it werks, kthxbai
Hooked on phonics the Steam friend thing worked for me! And I have a zillion Steam friends I AM SO POPULAR YOU GUYS OMGGGGGGGGGGGG

Also, Drabe it won't let me add you as a friend, like there is some kind of ghost in the machine and it is haunting you and it wants you for your BAC mmm juicy juicy blood alcohol

Derpvision update: Still looking for a scarf

Meanwhile, I did some of my own fakeying.

Who needs The Division when you can have Tropical Fish Shop 2.
What is this? It looks interesting.

We should just forego formalities. Motoki is my official gaming buddy. I look at the tag, see what they're playing, and then buy the game. Coconut Queen, dragon games, this silly Stardew game (which is quickly growing on me).

Just came out of Fry's got Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment Steam key for $1 and NBA2K2015 Steam key for $5.

Both are retail. If you have a Fry's near you you can check the website to see if they have stock and then do a store pickup. My store still had plenty of copies.

Edit: Oh and that Fish Shop game was in a Poopees Build a Greenlight bundle but it was one I didn't buy. Some of you guys who moraned it might get a key. Eventually. But you'll probably have to scream at the dev and Poopees because neither seems in a huge hurry to give those keys.

Overwatch will save us.  Just kidding.  I'm in the Overwatch beta... it's just a more colorful/console version of TF2.  Certainly nothing I'd pay a fixed cost for up front.

Just came out of Fry's got Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment Steam key for $1 a day NBA2K2015 Steam key for $5.

Both are retail. If you have a Fry's near you you can check the website to see if they have stock and then do a store pickup. My store still had plenty of copies.

Edit: Oh and that Fish Shop game was in a Poopees Build a Greenlight bundle but it was one I didn't buy. Some of you guys who moraned it might get a key. Eventually. But you'll probably have to scream at the dev and Poopees because neither seems in a huge hurry to give those keys.
Awesome finds. Too bad there ain't any Fry's nearby here. :(

[WANT]

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - Steam

NBA2K15 - Steam

[HAVE]

Garbage games

Paypal

Just came out of Fry's got Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment Steam key for $1
That is a great score! Have that game on the wishlist, but lowest has been around $9. Just like MysterD, no Fry's around. Not to be too serious, but Motoki could easily buy both to resell.

Motoki is my official gaming buddy.
Motoki steered me towards Dragon's Dogma so that's cool. And some of those casual games are fun. Except he also likes Remember Me which is an ass full of garbage fire so not everyone can be perfect. I'd buy the lesbian farmer game and probably enjoy it except that I'm going to make an attempt to knock some of the (hopefully) better games out of my backlog for a little bit.

bread's done
Back