Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Dammit, Motoki + Foxhack!

Motoki has a Fry's nearby, I don't - and caught some awesome clearance game deals.

Foxhack seems to always have the good WalMart's with clearance game deals - i.e. Divinity OS for cheap.

Oh, well.... [shrug]

Diablo III for cheap, too. :p
Nice!

I paid $10 for D3 PC, back in the Toys R Us clearance a few years back.

Later spent $20 for RoS PC at Best Buy, when I caved on it and that were the first to drop it that low.

It took RoS to make D3 great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

I paid $10 for D3 PC, back in the Toys R Us clearance a few years back.

Later spent $20 for RoS PC at Best Buy, when I caved on it and that were the first to drop it that low.

It took RoS to make D3 great.
Agreed, I got RoS collectors edition at best buy on mark down for $20 year back.

Without RoS D3 is total trash,

The Diablo 3 release on PC was one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history.
Thank God that I only dropped $10 on it during that TRU blowout. It certainly was worth that, for sure. Probably helped that I bought it that cheap, as well - as if I paid more, I probably would've been even more disappointed than I was.

And certainly, Loot 2.0 + RoS took D3 to greatness....FINALLY. Thank God for RoS.

About disappointing new releases - DA2 (PC) + FF8 (PSX), both of which that I still liked despite their tons of shortcomings + paid more for than D3 base-game, were hyped as hell + certainly didn't deliver everything that I had hoped.

DA2 was an easier pill for me to swallow than FF8, as I bought DA2 a bit later and already knew many of the complaints of it; FF8 on the other hand was a "WTH?" on numerous occasions for me (story-wise, character-wise, and over-reliance on long-winded Summons).

Thank God that I only dropped $10 on it during that TRU blowout. It certainly was worth that, for sure. Probably helped that I bought it that cheap, as well - as if I paid more, I probably would've been even more disappointed than I was.
274de403e1e2395124cc842c882cbba91b4fb94d8624e499ba7140d67baab7ce.jpg

Still buying Overwatch CE. Really want the statue to sit next to my ESO and 18-whatever-the-hell-that-order-game was statues. Oh, and my Luigi Mansion FU from Club Nintendo.

I agree. Marksman rifles are the best. I prefer to use the high damage/low ROF archtypes because they hit like a truck. They're great for picking off elites from safe range. They're also almost mandatory in order to pick off sniping mobs which hit you the hardest. The one downside is that marksman rifles seem run out of ammo quickly.

I use a Marksman and LMG primary setup, and Assault Rifle + LMG. You have to use some sort of close range weapon like LMG, SMG, or Shotty to deal with charging foes and to be able defend yourself. SMGs with small sized clips are useless.

Also, stop selling your weapons to the vendors. Break them down for crafting parts instead. You'll want a supply of those when you hit 30. Feel free to waste green parts on the occasional temporary weapon upgrade but don't waste your other mats until you're capped at 30.
Agreed, the SMGs are pretty weak with their small clip size. I'm currently using one at the moment since it's my highest DPS weapon. Ugh.

No worries, I have a good stockpile already from breaking down blue items and from mat collecting locations. I upgraded all of my green mats into blues as well which is a nice feature.

That's definitely good advice to help prepare for when you're level capped.

lol, not to sound like an asshole, but u never accept invites, and when i joined u, u just leave. LOL u clearly want to play alone.
Hmm. Are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else? I ran several story missions early on with some non-CAG friends, but since then I don't recall receiving any in-game invites or having people join me. I especially don't recall leaving anyone's game session.

I tend to be more of a completionist once I settle into a game and lately I've been manually setting my privacy to private while looking for collectibles, listening/looking at intel stuff, looking at weapon/gear stats, exploring the story missions, and being idle in-game a bit here and there. I figure that might be boring to most people's gaming style, especially going idle in stretches.

Once I hit up the Dark Zone, DLC, and other end-game things I'm all for grouping up. The other stuff outside of the DZ doesn't tend to be too difficult even on the hardest setting (at least to me). /shrug

Hooked on phonics the Steam friend thing worked for me! And I have a zillion Steam friends I AM SO POPULAR YOU GUYS OMGGGGGGGGGGGG

Also, Drabe it won't let me add you as a friend, like there is some kind of ghost in the machine and it is haunting you and it wants you for your BAC mmm juicy juicy blood alcohol

Derpvision update: Still looking for a scarf
Whats-up-Doc.jpg

You should get The Division.
No, he should get Stardew Valley and help turn the thread into the PC Game Farmers' Thread.

When I go to the local grocery store, they always have quail eggs and I always think about getting them and then realize that I'd have no idea what to do with quail eggs except maybe make a tiny omelet. This happens every time.
Sushi? Think, at least around here, sushi places always have quail egg (as well as smelt, and roe).

Remember back when Blizzard made good games? Man those were the days.
They adapted with the times to maximize profit. Good for them as they're now one of only a few mega developers left. Best way to make tons of money is take existing popular genres and lower the skill ceiling more casual players can be competitive. I do enjoy Hearthstone although the massive droughts between content is fairly annoying. They recently announced the new one won't be going live until late April/May.

When I go to the local grocery store, they always have quail eggs and I always think about getting them and then realize that I'd have no idea what to do with quail eggs except maybe make a tiny omelet. This happens every time.
oyster shooters often have raw quail eggs.

or my favorite, bacon wrapped quail eggs on a skewer.

oyster shooters often have raw quail eggs.

or my favorite, bacon wrapped quail eggs on a skewer.
Lol, you are so Asian. At least they're not candied caterpillar husks, I guess.

I've never eaten raw oysters or quail eggs.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered has a page on steam now and will apparently be available for pre order sometime next week for those who care.  

You guys can all play your new fangled Division, I'm going to kick back and stop an insane tentacle from taking over the world!

Hmm. Are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else? I ran several story missions early on with some non-CAG friends, but since then I don't recall receiving any in-game invites or having people join me. I especially don't recall leaving anyone's game session.

is ur uplay id : motiv7?

if u want more proof, even headpiece was there today when i tried to invite u to group session, with u ignoring the invite

tonights BRo night division update: Karma's a bitch

Due to last night's rogue adventures in the dz with laney last night, it came back to bite me in the ass tonight in dz. HEadpiece n I decided to do a run with a few missions and headed to the darkzone for some loot. everything started fine. we were able to extract on our first try no problem.

but during the second extraction, i tried to hijack some1 else's extraction( some1 alrady called for an extraction, so i wanted to jump in without having to wait), and i ended up eating bullets, because i got too relax, and did not realize the 4 other ppl there were in a group. as soon as i went to press F to extract, i had bullet holes put through me. lay there bleeding out, because being taken down, hearing someone yell over the mic: " this is our extraction".
As me n headpiece continue our adventures through to the sports store landmark place/ dz 02 or 03 area. we were met by constant players turning rogue, and gettng ganked hard by groups of 4 players. this lasted about 1 hr, and me being stubborn try to taking revenge n ended up dying several times. Finally a manhunt was called on the group that killed us first ( there were atleast 2 -3 different rogue groups that ganked me n headpiece). Sadly we missed the manhunt, because of the high lvl enemy spawn trapping us in the safehouse area, by the time we cleared the creeps. manhunt was over

over the next few hrs, me n headpiece extracted easily, until we ran into two solo players who turn rogue, and attacked because we were too nice. one was a female char, who were crouching in cover next to us, we just stood there not being aware, and she took us out. when we respawned, we got our revenge by killing her ,after chasing her down. Another player turn rogue on us, and killed us while me n headpiece was in a busy firefight with some name yellow bosses. after those two incidents, we extracted a few more times, and called it a night because our stash was fulll

I've played with all weapon types so far but I seem to gravitate towards equipping an AR as my primary, a marksman rifle as my secondary, and a shotgun to polish off those that get too close. A good marksman rifle I find to be very useful in the Division as you can pick off (headshot) lower health enemies and also give good chunk damage to any purple/yellow shielded enemies.

I suppose I haven't been paying attention to vendor inventory as much because I sell off anything that I don't currently need. Is there a vendor that sells weapon skins? The only one I have is the skin from that one Uplay 30-point unlock you can do.

I still haven't seen a sawed off shotgun drop so the drop rate must be fairly low.

As I've progressed I like to clear out sections of the city one by one and complete all side missions, find the collectibles, and complete each story mission on hard. However, there are two stupid ECHO recordings that won't disappear from my map so I was curious if anyone else had the same issue. There is one in Chelsea that appears stuck inside of a building and I spent far too long looking for an entrance but I think it must be a glitch. The other is in Tenderloin and of a recording of a guy with an asthma inhaler that gets torched by a cleaner. Your ECHO progress shows you've collected it but it stays on the map, so it must be an error and hopefully it will be fixed later.
The ECHO in Chelsea I do believe is not in error. I think it's for a mission that only unlocks after clearing all the current missions. I sort of Googled on it after I too walked the area many times... I didn't see the exact conditions just a name and I backed out.

Outside of an AR, which I think most players should always carry, and the MR, which I think is second best selection for most people, I've only used a LMG. I'm currently using one with a 100 round, actually 154 after mods, and it's intresting... I think in a group it could be rather useful.

I've not had any luck running missions on hard... Not that I've tried a whole lot. My gear always is in flux enough that I think I'll do them all on hard after reaching max level and doing a bit of grinding...

Clothing/Weapon Skin vendor is located in Security wing. It comes as part of an unlock... I do not remember which one. I think it's Supply Chain? There's also a high end weapons vendor in the security wing. (Not to be confused with the one for hitting lvl 30.)

Question:

Punch Club is pretty cheap over on Nuuvem. Is it region-locked?

:boxing:
Doesn't look like its region locked, only has one app on steam db. If a game is region locked, it'll have a app that says purchasable in Brazil only. WWE 2k16 has a Brazil app so that's probably region locked on nuvvem but not Punch Club.

It's exceedingly rare that an indie game gets region locked in the steam db so it should be fine. Usually Nuuvem doesn't bother to Paypal lock the indie stuff either.

The actual bro-night updates were at least intended to be informative of whether a bundle title was crap or surprising good or whatever.  Plus it was one-and-done.  These walls of text about Division are garbage that should be in PC thread or something.  You like Division, we get it, now move along.

5aNSRVv.gif

That plus YBXYZ is basically a far less entertaining Tebow with slightly better typing skills.

If we have to have a village idiot, I'd at least prefer an amusing one.

brO uPDaTe:

me n my broz played da division again, thought i'd give a summary of the gameplay for all of you who don't have the game or aren't interested so you can skip over the post and not read: first i ran around the other players i had my gun out shooting PEW PEW PLOW WHOOOMMMMMMMPPPP i killed a few guys then i got killed then i respawned and took aout my gun again and shot i was like PLOWIE ZING ZAM ZONKERS and the other guys were all PEW PLOP POW POW POW and one guy died but not me and i didn't kill that guy another guy killed that guy and he died and OMGZ  respawned and came back again and shot at us WE WERE SURPRISED BY THAT i died again respawned again, this time i came back with a vengeance and was like BAM BAM stealthy kill they didn't know what hit em except they did because it was me and they knew that also uplay sucks buy steam steam is better 

BRO POUND BRO FIST POUND FIST POUND BRO MCPOUNDY MCBROFIST POUND

DEUCES BITCHES

Awwwww, so cute you guys so jealous you don't have The Division.  Then you're going to get it two years from now and be all "This game is dead and I don't get the big deal about it."  We'll be playing The Division II by then.  THE UPDATES WILL NEVER STOP!

I'll have to start regular Stardew Valley updates.

I planted Parsnips today

I watered the Parsnips

I watched them grow

Then I went to bed

I woke up

I checked my mail. The farmer down the road needs me to go collect eggs from his chickens

Then I checked the parsnips. Still growing.

Awwwww, so cute you guys so jealous you don't have The Division. Then you're going to get it two years from now and be all "This game is dead and I don't get the big deal about it." We'll be playing The Division II by then. THE UPDATES WILL NEVER STOP!
I know emotions are running high but let's not oversell Tebow Ubi$oft...

First, while I'm quoting the below post I want to be perfectly honest.. My thoughts are directed at others but will try the subtle approach... (Nor does this apply to anyone with a cat avatar. :) )

The actual bro-night updates were at least intended to be informative of whether a bundle title was crap or surprising good or whatever. Plus it was one-and-done. These walls of text about Division are garbage that should be in PC thread or something. You like Division, we get it, now move along.
I'm always amazed at how people complain in this thread... Yet, carry on in a similar matter about similar stuff. It just blows my mind.

I'll once again be the first person to suggest we lock the thread down to deals only instead of the random catchall it has become and damn nearly likely has always been. I do know that for some of you this means you'll never get to post again, or will only get to post once in a blue moon, will never get another like... but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Now, since this just not going to be what people want... I invite you to ignore me but remember I do post deals. You could miss out on something.

Have a nice day. :)

It always amazes me anytime anyone takes anything anyone says in this thread seriously.

I always assume everyone is doing some good natured ribbing.  I'm probably wrong sometimes, but it makes life more enjoyable.

I'm always amazed when people are amazed and that amazes me. It's amazing that I'm amazed so much about how I'm amazed that I'm amazed that people are amazed.

Okay this is me taking a rare moment to be serious.

First off, post what you want. I'm not a mod nor will I report anyone to a mod. Whatever I say is just my opinion.

That being said, while I certainly don't suggest that everyone should be on topic here at all, I do personally (again, opinion here) feel that postings should be of general interest to most of the regulars (and even lurkers). And by that I don't mean deals necessarily. I don't even mean useful per se, I just mean that more than one person here will find the post if not informative than at least funny, amusing, interesting or just generally not feel like why should I care?

Giving information about a game is useful, giving a funny (preferably short) account of a surprising/interesting/funny incident that happened in the game is entertaining, throwing some good natured ribbing at some friends is fun. Giving bland details in poorly articulated grammar and spelling not so much.

It's also why, and I know I am in the minority on this, I feel like the "thanks" posts particularly the ones that feel the need to quote the whole long ass list of keys are useless. Because they're only of interest to one person and better saved to PMs or IMs.

If you want to thank one individual or just want to virtual bro fist with your bros after a session or whatever I feel like those are things better suited to chats and private messaging.

Posting off topic or bro night indie trash reviews is different than play by play of every gaming session you have.
Yes, thank you. You summed it up far more concisely than I did.

Updates on some games i'm playing:

Sentinels of the Multiverse:

I've tapped out on this one after 5 plays. I'm sure it works way better with others and I will play with others but after 5 games I've exhausted the base game beating the 4 villians/environments each once. The decks are simple, maybe a bit too simple. Also the game would really shine with others playing the different characters. I may be up for playing with others, but for now i'm bored with this one.

Gremlins Inc.:

I fakeybroed this one last night as I had a coupon and I was already buying TiTs Second with some card money. This one is really fun. It feels like a game Monopoly would love to be. There is randomness, but it's mainly in fun and all. You move around with cards that have a dice roll on them, and you can activate cards in different places. The game board looks complicated at first, but after about 2 games it's all second nature. It's really fun, and if it's ever bundled or someone wants to have a game night of this, I'm in. AI isn't amazing, but i'll start doing online games now that I know what i'm doing alright (played 4 games I believe last night). Buy it if you like board games, and also the developer runs tournaments for prizes now and then, so that's a cool incentive. Plus there is ranking play and such, so it can likely get hardcore. Just fun and doesn't seem to overstay it's welcome too much (for about 30 victory points the game takes about 30 minutes with 3 players).

Oh blah now you are making me regret not getting Gremlins before the price went up but I guess I could always look for a coupon.

It seems like a game Gilby would like too.

Found a nice video of you morans being proud of fakeybroing a Tom Clancy title near launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DGEDFtYtA

bread's done
Back