Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Was going to pick up extra copies of Diablo and RoS for trade with the Cags, but the tiny PC section at the Best Buy only had 1 copy of each left.
They didn't even have them on display at my Best Buy. They were in a backroom. They barely carried any PC games, most of them were Blizzard titles or GTA5.

Re: D3 and expansion: agree with MysterD that now is a great time to pick up. Diablo3 has continued to get better with time. Currently, patch 2.41 is being played on public test realm, seasons introduce new items and tweaks, whether single player or multiplayer the game is being balanced with even more material/areas.
Yeah, I think this is the time to buy Blizzard games, if there's actually anything here you're missing that you want. The BB deals for these are unprecedented pretty much.

I was testing D3 on my new laptop earlier. D3 runs like a champ on it: 50-60 frames - with no V Sync, but 60 FPS cap in-game - on mostly High settings w/ balanced laptop performance settings (around 50-70 something degrees Celsius or so). It'd probably perform much better at full blast, but not worth it - as that puts my heat into the 80-96 degree Celsius realm quite often. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't even have them on display at my Best Buy. They were in a backroom. They barely carried any PC games, most of them were Blizzard titles or GTA5.
Same. One small rack with all Blizzard titles. Probably 20 WoW expansions a copy of Starcraft 2 and the 2 I got. No more in the back.

My BestBuy seems to be phasing out the pc section.

They use to have tons of pc games and collector editions on a larger rack.
The ones near me have an entire row dedicated to Razer keyboards and mice, couple of shitty graphics cards in the mix. But, yeah, the pc games are all down to one end cap.

Muh Derpablo 3.  None in stock at a Best Buy near me.  Eventually I'm sure Blizzard or Amazon will start discounting the bundled version.  This is just Best Buy clearing their stock.

Bah, no copies of either nearby, closes is basically at the border so...no. Kind of tempted to try the price match at Walmart. since all 3 nearby have copies supposedly and at least one is open 24 hours (thus can go after work tomorrow) but honestly no idea how to make that work unless it was in the weekly ad or something. 

Bah, no copies of either nearby, closes is basically at the border so...no. Kind of tempted to try the price match at Walmart. since all 3 nearby have copies supposedly and at least one is open 24 hours (thus can go after work tomorrow) but honestly no idea how to make that work unless it was in the weekly ad or something.
If it's still listed on the bestbuy website, you can just show the page on your phone to a cashier. Might not work if it's out of stock, but most cashiers don't care.

It's most active when new seasons start, then dies off after everyone gets what they need from the season. I imagine the next season should be coming up soon.

I still need a few achievements left to get my extra stash tab if anyone is going to play and wants power leveled for the season I can help. You get a set of wings and a pet I believe if you care about that stuff
I was making steady progression towards earning that extra stash tab, and then I kinda fell off. I haven't played the game in over a month now! I can try to help though.

My BestBuy seems to be phasing out the pc section.

They use to have tons of pc games and collector editions on a larger rack.
Not likely that they're being phased out, unless it's just where you are. The PC game sections have dwindled at all of the BB stores over the last several years, just like GameStop. Like GameStop, they just carry a small stock of things that are likely to sell, such as the items referenced (ActiBlizzard and Rockstar, i.e., marquee titles that will stay at a $40-60 price point and will actually move at least a little). They're probably not going to eliminate them completely.

Did an in-store order for RoS, no idea why but that's cheap and I've mean to get it for awhile now.

Anyway.

Caved and did that Squenix Easter deal thingy because I'm a sucker for stuff like that and a part of me hopes it'll be Sleeping Dogs DE or Final Fantasy VIII

Watch it be the ones I already have in my library now though, lol

If it's still listed on the bestbuy website, you can just show the page on your phone to a cashier. Might not work if it's out of stock, but most cashiers don't care.
Thanks, hopefully still in stock tomorrow. If not at least I can pick up some dinner =p (and go play other time sinks I should play instead of fussing over getting D3+RoS).

I forgot who I told I'd play Crowman and Wolfboy for but I played about 5 levels. IMHO don't go for it. It's pretty much a cross between an endless runner, though you do control which way Crowman and Wolfboy will go and how they jump, and a platforming game. As you go on and i'm sure you get lots more abilities. The jumpy felt kind of floaty but wasn't horrible. Also the graphics seemed a bit fuzzy. Seems OK but it's EA and frankly I don't think it's going to be a good game when it comes out. Likely a 5-6/10 type game.

That is... one very symmetrical owl.
Are you used to seeing asymmetrical owls?

Best Buy is a having killer Blizzard sale on retail boxes.
Bastards made me buy Diablo 3 for the third time which I guess is kind of appropriate. Disappointed the seasons never came to console so bought it just for that.

Mechanical keyboards still a thing? Logitech - G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - $76.99 (Best Buy)

Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Ultra-Fast FPS Gaming Mouse is $15 at Officedeot and Officemax if you can find one in store. SKU: 936832 Store Locator My left click started squeaking (it's ALIVE!) so i picked one of these up...decent. $60 is way too much but it's worth the $15 I paid, can't see it lasting too long though.
Mechanical keyboards are the only thing.

Square Enix Easter Surprise Box codes revealed shortly!

All aboard the Squeenix Hype Train!

the-general-train-crash.gif

I'm ok with it. It's another +2 to my Final Fantasy collection without me having to pay top dollar for it. It's like a slightly less exciting Pokémon at this point.

Happy with Sleeping Dogs for a +1 too. Loved that game and a revisit would be worthwhile.

Decent for a fiver. They'd charge more for this if it were in a Humble Bundle.

:whee:

I'm ok with it. It's another +2 to my Final Fantasy collection without me having to pay top dollar for it. It's like a slightly less exciting Pokémon at this point.

Happy with Sleeping Dogs for a +1 too. Loved that game and a revisit would be worthwhile.

Decent for a fiver. They'd charge more for this if it were in a Humble Bundle.

:whee:
Wasn't it $10?

Was on sale for $120. My first mechanical keyboard. Looks and feels great so far.
I use the precursor the K70, basically it only does red back lighting, and I love the damn thing. I cannot imagine you ever being disappointed.

I cannot remember the last time I bought a game at a brick and mortar store. Probably one of the old WoW expansions.
Walmart Black Friday for me... D3, Starcraft 2, and its first expansion... A couple of years for me now.

I spend at least $250+ a month at Amazon with non-perishable groceries and office shit. It amazes me how many CAGs turn their nose up at delicious Amazon credit.
Confirmed, Mooby is John Goodman from 10 Cloverfield Lane. He made that bunker for when the Mexicans take over!

Edit: Oh wait it's Mooby...don't you mean $250+ on skins for F2P MOBAs?

Mechanical keyboards still a thing? Logitech - G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - $76.99 (Best Buy)

Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Ultra-Fast FPS Gaming Mouse is $15 at Officedeot and Officemax if you can find one in store. SKU: 936832 Store Locator My left click started squeaking (it's ALIVE!) so i picked one of these up...decent. $60 is way too much but it's worth the $15 I paid, can't see it lasting too long though.
Thanks for the heads up on the mouse. Went to my local Office Depot and mine rang up on clearance for $5.99.

I was making steady progression towards earning that extra stash tab, and then I kinda fell off. I haven't played the game in over a month now! I can try to help though.
Yeah I got distracted by other games before getting to the extra stash tab. I might have to jump back in and play some more this weekend.

I have a coupon I won't use if someone is wanting the game and didn't get one.
I've got an extra VHIII coupon also if anyone wants it. Gone!

I know it's a bit unorthodox to post deals here, but can anyone tell me if they've played and liked the following Japanese style games that just went on sale on the Steam store today?

Astebreed - $4.49
Gunhound EX - $3.74
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae - $2.49
Revolver 360 Re:Actor - $2.49
Supercharged Robot VULKAISER - $2.49

No coupons 4 me but thx 4 giving them away neway.

Gonna send you all invitations to my new chat, "Azura and Mephala are the hottest Daedras!!!"

u bad boi go to ur theivse guild wit hiliary clinton

[Have]

Van Helsing 3 -> 66 % off coupon

[Want]

Rise of the Tomb Raider

The Division

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

:)

I don't get it. Reviews of this game indicate it is pretty bad and steam reviews tend to be generous. That said, thanks to people mentioning the game, I will be looking for a nice price on the franchise pack to pick up the first 2. They look good.

EDIT: nm, looks like this is a good way to finish up the trilogy in order to get "The Final Cut" for free. Makes more sense now.

I don't get it. Reviews of this game indicate it is pretty bad and steam reviews tend to be generous. That said, thanks to people mentioning the game, I will be looking for a nice price on the franchise pack to pick up the first 2. They look good.
I know a lot of folks picked it up a while ago since the first two were bundled, and owning all three got you a free copy of "The Final Cut" edition when it released. Not sure if there is a similar deal still going on.

Hopefully they will just bundle everything again. Not like I would play it tomorrow anyway. First two games do look cool though. I am sucker for anything D2ish.

Looks like I correctly predicted a couple of those sqeenix games and the two coupons heh. Souls 3 is looking to be a good port so far and not demanding at all just like Dark Souls 2.

bread's done
Back