Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Steam region locks expire after 90 days.

Some use this feature to "smuggle" games from other regions. For example Germans to get uncensored versions of Wolfenstein games, some use it to get cheap RU games.

I'd guess first is largest group, because that feature doesn't seem to be well known outside Germany.
Interesting.

I need to try this out.

gah, my Division gearscore is 170, i'm so ashamed  :oops: uplay id shrin3rr if anyone wants to carry me through the incursion so i can get my set pieces...

Hands up everybody who's thinking of buying a RU-locked game to see if it activates in three months time?

:whee:

(I'm not, but I'm certainly curious what might happen. Given the state of our backlogs I could easily live with a three month "pre-order" period)

all this mexico talk has me wanting tacos, good thing its taco tuesday!

D5KWQn1cRP-12.png

Hands up everybody who's thinking of buying a RU-locked game to see if it activates in three months time?

:whee:

(I'm not, but I'm certainly curious what might happen. Given the state of our backlogs I could easily live with a three month "pre-order" period)
Don't you have to "travel to Russia" just to activate RU locked games though? I am not willing to play that game with Steam. If you don't and just can't play it for 90 days that would be fine for stuff that is dirt cheap. Ashot still has no issues with my Russian travel as of last nights trip for $1.68 banner saga deluxe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an RU copy of Alien: Isolation activated via proxy on a throwaway Steam account that I never bothered playing since switching account was, like, work and stuff.  I care less about if it's playable on that account than I wonder if it's playable via sharing.  At the time, it would show up as "shared" in my library but wasn't actually able to be launched.

Family sharing is way more strict. Region locks won't expire afaik.

Fun Fact: Those using only default used to be always region free for family, but region locked only for main account. (Fixed now)

Aliens vs. Pinball, 3 👽👽👽 tables out April 26th (Aliens Pinball, Alien Isolation, Alien vs. Predator) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh-keXUBQgg

"Y" to what?

Hell, he'll just answer them all.

Why does MD not have a Dell?

MysterD prefers custom-builds that he can build and future-proof to a worthwhile moon, if need be.

Though...if the price was right + so was the parts inside the rig, could future-proof it, and he needed a new PC - sure, he could go Dell...or any other name-brand he deems worthwhile, for that matter.

Why does he have a Acer Nitro laptop?

B/c MysterD sometimes wants go mobile. That laptop was on sale ($1500 laptop was on sale for a little over $800) and gave more bang-for-the-buck on the parts (it has 16GB of RAM + 4GB VRAM 960m) than any other laptop in that price-range by a mile.
But Y?

FYI

Tonight the bros play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare!  I know a good amount of people own it on my origin friend's list.  It's a super fun game so I expect some of you to show up.  

So if I activate the game here with my normal Mexican IP, it'll work worldwide after 90 days? It won't be run-locked to Mexico?
If that was the case I would be willing to pay $2-3 for legit unlocks on my account

Not like I have nothing to lose if a furry ran off with my account.

Literally I only have 3 good games

I have a cautionary tale for those who try to play bundle trash games.  Last night I decided to DL and try out a few games I'd been meaning to get to.  Most were bundle trash.  This is what happened:

What's Under Your Blanket? - You are in a bed with a two minute timer.  You click on your dick as fast as possible to jack off until you hear someone walking up to your door.  Then you have to click off your dick to bring your erection down before they open the door.  They open the door, look, then go away.  So then you walk over to your door, close it, and jump back in bed and repeat.   The goal is to bust a nut before the two minute timer expires.  I "won" the first stage and the second stage was me at the computer doing the same thing and I quit and hid this game from my Steam library.  

Invasion: Brain Craving - How about it opens up in a tiny window about the 10th the size of my monitor and you can't resize?  And how about it has a crappy UI and control scheme.  Game itself didn't seem awful, but no patience for this until they allow me to play at least half screen so I can see what's going on. 

Infect and Destroy - Make me sign up for an account?  Oh, wait, there's a play offline option, great!  Click that, click campaign.  First mission sounds cool.  But then you keep reading and it says campaign is coming soon... WTF?  Quit. 

I, Zombie - This one was actually the best out of the bundle trash.  Simple and boring, but at least functional.  You are a zombie.  You move your char to bite humans and then turn them into zombies.  You lead your zombie swarm to kill soldiers.  It's like a mobile game with short quick levels, but okay. 

Go! Go! Nippon! - Do people actually like these games?  I mean, my patience for idly clicking was run short with the blanket game, but in this game I'm just clicking reading some stupid story about some idiot Weeaboo who visits Japan and stays with two underage girls while their parents are away.  This idiot is amazed by metro cards which they must totally only have in Japan and 24 hour convenience stores.  He also has never heard of a bidet.  I was done with this game by the time Akira and Makoto wanted me to choose where I wanted to go visit.  You people need a life. 

Non Bundle Games:

The Land of Eyas - I finally got around to playing Coral's game.  It was cool.  Looks nice.  Not exactly what I expected.  I was thinking it was going to be a traditional platformer with baddies and point A to B progression, but it's more of a puzzle platformer where you use the stage flip dynamic to get to the cube in each stage.  Still fun though.

Rogue Legacy - Amazon purchase - and yeah, this game is awesome.  Great feel and fun to play even if I died like 5 times in 5 minutes.  Will be going back to this.

Moral of the story - bundle games suck and are a waste of money.   

I have a cautionary tale for those who try to play bundle trash games. Last night I decided to DL and try out a few games I'd been meaning to get to. Most were bundle trash. This is what happened:

What's Under Your Blanket? - You are in a bed with a two minute timer. You click on your dick as fast as possible to jack off until you hear someone walking up to your door. Then you have to click off your dick to bring your erection down before they open the door. They open the door, look, then go away. So then you walk over to your door, close it, and jump back in bed and repeat. The goal is to bust a nut before the two minute timer expires. I "won" the first stage and the second stage was me at the computer doing the same thing and I quit and hid this game from my Steam library.

Invasion: Brain Craving - How about it opens up in a tiny window about the 10th the size of my monitor and you can't resize? And how about it has a crappy UI and control scheme. Game itself didn't seem awful, but no patience for this until they allow me to play at least half screen so I can see what's going on.

Infect and Destroy - Make me sign up for an account? Oh, wait, there's a play offline option, great! Click that, click campaign. First mission sounds cool. But then you keep reading and it says campaign is coming soon... WTF? Quit.

I, Zombie - This one was actually the best out of the bundle trash. Simple and boring, but at least functional. You are a zombie. You move your char to bite humans and then turn them into zombies. You lead your zombie swarm to kill soldiers. It's like a mobile game with short quick levels, but okay.

Go! Go! Nippon! - Do people actually like these games? I mean, my patience for idly clicking was run short with the blanket game, but in this game I'm just clicking reading some stupid story about some idiot Weeaboo who visits Japan and stays with two underage girls while their parents are away. This idiot is amazed by metro cards which they must totally only have in Japan and 24 hour convenience stores. He also has never heard of a bidet. I was done with this game by the time Akira and Makoto wanted me to choose where I wanted to go visit. You people need a life.

Non Bundle Games:

The Land of Eyas - I finally got around to playing Coral's game. It was cool. Looks nice. Not exactly what I expected. I was thinking it was going to be a traditional platformer with baddies and point A to B progression, but it's more of a puzzle platformer where you use the stage flip dynamic to get to the cube in each stage. Still fun though.

Rogue Legacy - Amazon purchase - and yeah, this game is awesome. Great feel and fun to play even if I died like 5 times in 5 minutes. Will be going back to this.

This is a great way to start the morning. Hope you play 8 more bundle trash games tonight!

DO IT

I have a cautionary tale for those who try to play bundle trash games. Last night I decided to DL and try out a few games I'd been meaning to get to. Most were bundle trash. This is what happened:

[...]

Save it for your blog, loser.

But how do you activate region locked key (talking about RU package), unless you travel to Russia or use VPN? Not willing to do either.

However if there is no ru package, it should be activated easily and the region restriction will be lifted after three months.

Am I right?

Antenna

Amphora

Bermuda

Besiege

Betrayer

Bliss

Borealis

CAPSULE

Castle

Chip

Cinders

Circuits

Clones

Closure

Clutch

OMG COME UP WITH REAL NAMES YOU DUMB DEVS

You guys worried about this Russian region stuff should go to the not Tebow chat. Tomasety LURVES to get all MysterD Rainman savant and go on and on and on about region locking and regions and stuff.

Now lets get back to talking about Mexicans and Furries and shit.

Darksiders 2 for $3 has got to mean there's a bundle incoming that includes it, right? I want it, but I've got bundle paranoia.

Go! Go! Nippon! - Do people actually like these games? I mean, my patience for idly clicking was run short with the blanket game, but in this game I'm just clicking reading some stupid story about some idiot Weeaboo who visits Japan and stays with two underage girls while their parents are away. This idiot is amazed by metro cards which they must totally only have in Japan and 24 hour convenience stores. He also has never heard of a bidet. I was done with this game by the time Akira and Makoto wanted me to choose where I wanted to go visit. You people need a life. .
Didn't know you even got to pick locations, remember getting to their house and bailing from how bored I was.

Cool game that just came out today- Stories: Path of Destines. It's like Bastion mixed in with some choose your own adventure stuff in it plus furries, I'm diggin it.

Oh yea a question I have regarding DKS3, is anyone going with a magic build and if so is it fun like that or is everyone just choosing strength and dex?

bread's done
Back