Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Was really hoping to get MGS V on this sale but 28 bucks is ridiculous. This"sale" is pretty bad. I haven't been a pc gamer long but I've yet to buy a game from steam lol and the streak continues.

Edit: Shit sucks

Last edited by a moderator:
Of fucking reddit and their net nannies.
Ask them why they won't allow Android game deals even though it's a game and a deal. I love shoving that in their face. For all their rules they totally disregard them in a minute when it suits them and don't even have to give a good reason.

Was really hoping to get MGS V on this sale but 28 bucks is ridiculous. This"sale" is pretty bad. I haven't been a pc gamer long but I've yet to buy a game from steam lol and the streak continues.

Edit: Shit sucks
Unfortunately you missed the heydays of Steam sales. Things took a turn for the worse about three or so years ago.

Is it worth that?
I've already got 13 hours with WWE 2K16 in 3 days. It's much better than 2K15, IMHO.

If you like wrestling and were actually fine w/ 2K15's sim-like combat system (which has been tweaked quite a bit this time around), you should get this.

There's a lot more going on here, compared to last year - the game's much smoother (performance-wise and animations are much more fluid); graphics are better; game's more optimized; roster's MUCH bigger; more features (Create A Diva, Create A Belt, Create A Venue); in-game Online Community Creations sections has A LOT more features (not just wrestlers this year - you can also now get Community-made belts; TV shows/PPV's/Events; Move Sets; etc).

Also, My Career's much better (better presented - and you can even do interviews w/ Renee Young); you can do run-in's before a match begins when in a Rivalry); run-in while a match is happening (when in a Rivalry); combat's better (i.e. you can't just spam reversal button all day to reverse every move); you can do dirty pins on use ropes as leverage to pin an opponent; etc etc.

I haven't touched MyUniverse Mode - so can't speak on that yet.

Unfortunately you missed the heydays of Steam sales. Things took a turn for the worse about three or so years ago.
Yeah I built a PC because of the stories of great FPS/Graphics and steam sales in this thread. Got the FPS/graphics but the steam sales seem to be pipe dreams anymore.

Maybe I'll play some I've bought before but I don't see that happening.

I'm ready to go back to being a console pissant.
leila.gif

I love that you can't say "Ouch my poor wallet" on Reddit Game deals. I want to go into every fucking thread and post that now. 10% weeabooby fundle bodder new release? Ouch my poor wallet! Every Rockstar game (except GTAV :roll:) 75% off for the 800th time? Ouch my poor wallet! $5 off a $60 pre-order? Ouch my poor wallet!

Is the Enhanced Steam Chrome plugin working for everyone?  I pull up a game page and I don't see the usual historical info above the Steam price bar.

I'm ready to start a thread for mysterD and his wrestling talk....

I was hopeful that young justice would have some sort of sale.  Seems like it never does.  I guess 4.99 isnt bad and spooder gave it a glowing review.  Maybe Ill pop my cherry this sale with that.

Yeah I built a PC because of the stories of great FPS/Graphics and steam sales in this thread. Got the FPS/graphics but the steam sales seem to be pipe dreams anymore.

Maybe I'll play some I've bought before but I don't see that happening.
If you're buying a lot from Steam - these days, in most instances, you're doing it wrong. We ain't had spectacular Steam sales in years where we're buying a lot from Steam, TBH.

Last time I was really buying lots of games from one place for the most part, that was when AmazonTony was around CAG's; and often that was Amazon's digital division. And yeah - that was years ago.

Most purchases of mine seem to come sparingly from elsewhere - i.e. Amazon, Direct2Drive, GOG, HumbleBundle, and any of the other Bundle sites.

Seriously, and I thought Microsoft's 'big' sales were bad. Most the games I was looking forward to buying aren't even on sale. And the few that are are only like 20% off. I must say, I haven't been this disappointed in a while.

Oh well, back to the XBL Deals thread I go to await the Xbox summer sale that'll probably be slightly less worse than this one.

What's the refund policy on 4 Packs?  Tempted to try to host a Tabletop Sim 4 pack, but then would be upset if it was in the humble monthly and you couldn't refund, but then I don't feel that's likely.  

If you're buying a lot from Steam - these days, in most instances, you're doing it wrong. We ain't had spectacular Steam sales in years where we're buying a lot from Steam, TBH.

Last time I was really buying lots of games from one place for the most part, that was when AmazonTony was around CAG's; and often that was Amazon's digital division. And yeah - that was years ago.

Most purchases of mine seem to come sparingly from elsewhere - i.e. Amazon, Direct2Drive, GOG, HumbleBundle, and any of the other Bundle sites.

Haven't bought 1 from steam yet.

Pretty sure the same games I was on the fence about during winter are the exact same prices and I am on the fence about them again. Satellite reign, invisible Inc., age of decadence, and hardwest just refuse to get better discounts.

Plus icewind dale enhanced still hasn't gone as low as it randomly did on indie gala or something a year ago.

Pretty sure the same games I was on the fence about during winter are the exact same prices and I am on the fence about them again. Satellite reign, invisible Inc., age of decadence, and hardwest just refuse to get better discounts.

Plus icewind dale enhanced still hasn't gone as low as it randomly did on indie gala or something a year ago.
ive spent some time playing hardwest and it is nowhere close to xcom. I should have waited for a better sale, I recommend waiting for a better deal.

All joking aside I'm going to buy some games that are on sale and play them this weekend. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

first time buying during a steam summer sale...is this everything? or does it get updated as the sale goes on?
You might want to wait and see if other sites (like Amazon) top Steam's deals or price-match them (especially if you have vouchers, promo codes, gift cards, and other kinds of goodies elsewhere).

Invisible Inc has never been below $10 before and now it's less than $10 for both base game and dlc.

Another good deal I spotted is Walking Dead Michonne for half off. Pretty good for how new it is, but I'll wait since I have other TellTale games I haven't beaten still.

first time buying during a steam summer sale...is this everything? or does it get updated as the sale goes on?
(Almost) Everything that's going to be on sale is on sale although they will rotate new stuff onto the front page as "featured". But hose games are on sale now anyway for the same price. In the last couple sales, there were a couple late entries but this is 99% it. You can browse the entire discount list here: https://steamdb.info/sales/

A year or 18mths ago, they used to rotate sales daily with larger discounts since the deals were time limited. Now they just dump it all out at once and the discounts are much more mediocre since they're on sale for ten days.

This being your first sale, you'll get to listen to us whine and bitch. And the deals WERE better before the new format. Still, this is a useful time for you since a lot of stuff is on sale at one time so you're likely to find something.

Haha at Reddit being all serious business. Gotta keep that Steam thread clean so they can talk about deals. :whistle2:x

So, uh, sale haul:

Pinball Arcade Season 3 Pro.

that was easy.

I have well over 100 items on my wishlist, but very little compels me. Several did stand out, though, as far as discounts go. 

At least 75% off: 

• Starpoint Gemini 2: 75%, $8.74
  • Age of Empires III: Complete Collection: 80%, $7.99
  • ​Sid Meier's Civilization V: 75%, $7.49
  • Democracy 3: 70%, $7.49
  • Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series: 75%, $7.49
  • Tropico 5: 75%, $6.24
  • Of Orcs and Men: 80%, $5.99
  • Gauntlet: 75%, $4.99
  • Valkyria Chronicles: 75%, $4.99
  • This War of Mine: 75%, $4.99
  • Mars: War Logs: 75%, $3.74
  • Eidolon: 80%, $3.00
  • GRAV: 85%, $2.99
  • The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief: 90%, $2.49
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1: 75%, $2.49
  • Audiosurf: 75%, $2.49
  • The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav: 90%, $1.99
  • Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition: 75%, $1.74
More than 50% off:

• Pillars of Eternity: 60%, $17.99
  • Galactic Civilizations III: 66%, $13.59
  • Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth: 67%, $13.19
  • Grey Goo: 66%, $10.19
  • Invisible, Inc.: 66%, $6.79
  • Dreamfall: The Longest Journey: 66%, $6.79
  • The Long Dark: 66%, $6.79
  • Pier Solar and the Great Architects: 66%, $5.09
  • The Novelist: 66%, $5.09
  • Last Dream: 60%, $3.99
  • Windward: 60%, $3.99
  • The Longest Journey: 66%, $3.39
  • The Maker's Eden: 65%, $3.14
  • Outcast 1.1: 60%, $2.39
That's not a complete list, so there's more to choose from than I thought. Still, it's hardly enough to go bankrupt over. Plus, most of these things have already gone on sale for the exact same price and thus a lot of people already own them. I miss the real summer sales.

Does anyone recommend anything from this list?

So what am I getting off this list? Since I dont want to spend this much lol

[FissFiss's cart]

SteamFail_zps3kqq5ua1.png
Whatever hasn't been bundled.

Whatever is at its cheapest solo (or very close to it)

And whatever you actually plan to play ASAP, if it ain't 75% off the lowest MSRP or better.

Cross-check prices + if it's been bundling at this site we call ITAD:

https://isthereanydeal.com/

Whatever hasn't been bundled.
Whatever is at its cheapest solo (or very close to it)
And whatever you actually plan to play ASAP, if it ain't 75% off the lowest MSRP or better.

Cross-check prices + if it's been bundling at this site we call ITAD:
https://isthereanydeal.com/
Yea been at work all day and they block ITAD for some reason. So stupid.

D why you treat me like a seasonal :(

Ys is worth it, though I'm pretty sure it's been cheaper.

Akiba'Strip can be, if you're into that kind of thing. At 50% though, eh.

Valkyria Chronicles is worth it at 75% off, easily.

That's pretty much all I would recommend from this last page.

bread's done
Back