Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
What Waggles said.

FWIW Ubisoft PC ports are notoriously horribly optimized. It's not the PC or the card, it's Ubisoft. I get the frustration though.
It was a time where all the games I was trying to play either had bad PC port issues, VRAM issues due to consoles having 8GB and me having 2GB (Shadow of Mordor), or just general issues that needed a bunch of tweaking (Fallout 4), having problems keeping 60fps while still looking better than consoles (Dragon Age Inquisition), and I just got fed up with it. It was a stupid time to upgrade my video card, I should have waited.

Watch Dogs had a problem with streaming so that any time you drove a car it would stutter like hell, they admitted on twitter that the game didn't work properly because PC has split architecture while console doesn't. I think maybe Far Cry 4 had the same issues but to a lesser degree?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Diet Coke but love Coke Zero.  Especially Cherry Coke Zero.  Also you all need to go ahead and buy the FF games you are missing at 50% off so I won't feel as bad when I do it in a few days.   

My 770 has run most AAA games the last couple of years just fine.  The consoles don't really have 8 GB VRAM and their GPU power is arguably inferior to a 770.

I updated this, let me know if I missed anyone.
I'll take ...

AP-FRAME-2493-ten-of-hearts-pin-up-girl.jpg

My 770 has run most AAA games the last couple of years just fine. The consoles don't really have 8 GB VRAM and their GPU power is arguably inferior to a 770.
Well that's what I thought when I bought the 770, and then had a string of nothing but bad experiences. It was enough to break me, I guess.

Apparently Amazon just loves slavs, because they pricematched Thea when I reported it pretty quickly but I'm still waiting for them to price match Mordheim.

so anyone want in on a shark attack deathmatch 4 pack? $1.50 each. I see its on dr rocks wishlist
I feel violated!

Edit - If you can find two others, I can probably be number 4. I definitely do not want to be number 2.

Second Edit - My avatar is a genuine 10 year old cartoon character. None of those fake cartoons over here.

It was a time where all the games I was trying to play either had bad PC port issues, VRAM issues due to consoles having 8GB and me having 2GB (Shadow of Mordor), or just general issues that needed a bunch of tweaking (Fallout 4), having problems keeping 60fps while still looking better than consoles (Dragon Age Inquisition), and I just got fed up with it. It was a stupid time to upgrade my video card, I should have waited.

Watch Dogs had a problem with streaming so that any time you drove a car it would stutter like hell, they admitted on twitter that the game didn't work properly because PC has split architecture while console doesn't. I think maybe Far Cry 4 had the same issues but to a lesser degree?
I hear you. It's not always smooth sailing on PC.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution had horrible, constant stuttering in hub areas with certain GPUs, which wasn't patched until something like 3 months after release.

A lot of it boils down to PC not being the lead development platform for most AAA games, which is unfortunately the status quo nowadays.

Modders pick up a lot of the slack, but it's a sorry state of affairs.

I feel violated!

Edit - If you can find two others, I can probably be number 4. I definitely do not want to be number 2.

Second Edit - My avatar is a genuine 10 year old cartoon character. None of those fake cartoons over here.
i have a feeler out to a non cag for one copy so you would be #3. I wont know till tomorrow though

Well that's what I thought when I bought the 770, and then had a string of nothing but bad experiences. It was enough to break me, I guess.
If you're buying AAA stuff day one you're always going to have bad experiences. That's the nature of the industry now. Hardly anything is released in a polished/bug free state, anymore. Also while things might run smoother on a console they are almost always running at lower graphical fidelity settings. I can't speak to particular games, especially since I have little interest in Ubisoft titles (although Watch Dogs ran fine for me... after I picked it up for $4), but overall the 770 is a fine card that I got several years out of and can probably get another few unless I decided to upgrade to a 1070.

Decisions, Decisions... Do I want the new Humble Monthly even though I don't really want Hurtworld? I wouldn't want to miss some good bundled games, but then again they might be crap, so who knows......

I hate Diet Coke but love Coke Zero. Especially Cherry Coke Zero. Also you all need to go ahead and buy the FF games you are missing at 50% off so I won't feel as bad when I do it in a few days.
Diet Coke is a completely different formula than Coca Cola, it was the basis for the New Coke formula that Coca Cola introduced in the 80s. Coke Zero is based on the Classic Coca Cola formula.

Probably why you don't like Diet Coke but like Coke Zero.

Ugg I hate these steam reviews....all the same. Example:

I died.

Bomb Exploded and I died.

PTSD after friend died so I went for revenge and I died.

11/10 would die again for leaving the hole

Har Har Har....so funny and amazing Steam reviewers. While some  go a bit too much in depth for reviews (I do like them just sometimes....they are too long), these are worthless.

I installed the shitty mobile authenticator, got my setup code texted to me, entered it, then it just gave me a blank recovery code. No authenticator digits. Can't remove the authenticator, just get an error if I try to remove it. Steam thinks my account is now protected with the mobile authenticator. Don't have a recovery code to remove it. Just wonderful. Anyone thinking of using the mobile authenticator... DON'T!!
Didn't you complain about this last night? I posted a solution. Open the app, go to Steam Guard, click on My Recovery Code. THERE.

If you uninstalled the app then you're fucked.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is $16 @60% off on steam. Will they have a better deal later on during the sale?
If you own Borderlands 1 + all DLC, 2, and Tales, you can buy it for $9.43 in this bundle. No season pass though. -- http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/712/

Rambo is $3.89, go get it now since there's nothing else to buy :D/
The game's pretty okay, and it's worth 3.89 of card money. I bought it from a Russian two years ago, and I had no idea it'd be even cheaper NOW than it was back then...

Also, hi from my upgraded computer. I cloned the OS drive but my Steam drive is giving me hell. :(

I have $113 worth of stuff in my cart.  I think I'm going to have to do the Ebay flash sale for $15 off $75 and stop in at Best Buy and get $100 of Steam for $90.  Unless, does anyone know of anything better?  (that is accessible)

I have $113 worth of stuff in my cart. I think I'm going to have to do the Ebay flash sale for $15 off $75 and stop in at Best Buy and get $100 of Steam for $90. Unless, does anyone know of anything better? (that is accessible)
WTF are you buying. How'd you find $113 worth of stuff to buy

Except Doom is a single player shooter - or at least is praised for it's single player not multiplayer. It's MP FPSes that have the big audience, which is (probably) why the mainline Battlefields vastly outsold the Bad Company line, despite having the name and similar mechanics. "FPS-Bros" just didn't care about the story. All the Doom praise is given to the story-mode.

A game like Fallout though has a wider appeal in the sense that if captures the RPG crowd and at least touches those few shooter fans who like a story. I'd daresay that's a bigger potential market than what Doom could expect.
Anybody playing Fallout 3+4 for a story & character development is...well, that's not a great idea. Bethesda just does NOT tell great stories, have great character development & great dialogue/writing. Bethesda basically just often gives you basically just enough plot, story, and character development to just get you moving around their awesome open-world sandbox, exploring the sandbox, doing quests, and doing stuff - i.e. like most MMO's.

What makes Bethesda great is b/c there's so much damn content - you just explore so many locations & do tons of different quests; you feel like you've added up a lifetime's worth of stuff to do and see. Basically, lots of quantity over quality in terms of writing, stories, and characters.

If you want great story, characters, and dialogue/writing - well, that's what Obsidian & BioWare do.

About DOOM series of games - I don't think that's a game MOST play for story + character. From DOOM 2016 Demo, it did NOT look like there's much story or character development there. This is a game most play to just kill demons, explore cool levels/areas, find cool secrets, and move to the next level to do more of the same at a breakneck pace - which basically felt like a total throwback to the very old DOOM games (before Doom 3).

Rambo is $3.89, go get it now since there's nothing else to buy :D/
Ive talked myself out of this purchase a few times already in the past 24 hours, please dont push me over the edge.
I've already been eyeing it before you guys even said anything. 8-[

Tranny CYOA games don't run cheap. Got 'em sitting in my cart too. http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/770/
$73 for text games? What is this is the 80s?

WTF are you buying. How'd you find $113 worth of stuff to buy
$5.09 Cave Story

$19.49 The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

$3.74 Crypt of the Necrodancer

$4.99 Ikaruga

$4.99 Shantae: Risky's Revenge

$9.99 Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

$7.50 Azure Striker Gunvolt

$6.99 Undertale

$3.99 Kamui

$6.99 Shadowrun: Hong Kong

$3.09 Hunniepop

$7.50 Trinelogy

$1.69 Pinball FX2 - South Park Pinball

$1.01 Pinball FX2 - The Walking Dead

$3.39 Pinball FX2 - Balls of Glory (Family Guy, Archer, etc)

$1.01 Pinball FX2 - Guardians of the Galaxy

$1.01 Pinball FX2 - Portal

$5.99 Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

$4.49 Ys 1&2 Chronicles

$4.49 Ys: The Oath in Felghana

$5.99 Ys Origin

_________

$113.41

Truthfully I've been waiting for a couple of those pinball tables to go on sale for quite some time. The ones I want are never in the humble bundles.

I pretty much only buy Steam games 1-2 times a year during these sales. None of those games seem overpriced to me. Maybe just LoH:TitS. But feel free to point out the stupid purchasing decisions I am making if you know of any other better deals!

$5.09 Cave Story

$4.99 Ikaruga

$6.99 Undertale

$3.99 Kamui

$3.09 Hunniepop

$7.50 Trinelogy

$4.49 Ys 1&2 Chronicles

$5.99 Ys Origin

_________

$113.41

Truthfully I've been waiting for a couple of those pinball tables to go on sale for quite some time. The ones I want are never in the humble bundles.

None of those games seem overpriced to me. Maybe just LoH:TitS. But feel free to point out the stupid purchasing decisions I am making if you know of any other better deals!
Missing the most important game...

Nekopara

$5.09 Cave Story
$4.99 Ikaruga
$6.99 Undertale
$3.99 Kamui
$3.09 Hunniepop
$7.50 Trinelogy
$4.49 Ys 1&2 Chronicles
$5.99 Ys Origin
_________
$113.41

None of those games seem overpriced to me. Maybe just LoH:TitS. But feel free to point out the stupid purchasing decisions I am making.
Most of those are solid choices, but I'm not that into Pinball so I don't know about those. The Shantae games were bundled not too long ago so I suggest looking for a trader. Kamui and Cave Story were also bundled, but it's been a while so those might be harder to find.

EDIT: Oh and how the fuck don't you have Trine 1 and 2? They were bundled a bunch and everyone should have them by now.

$5.09 Cave Story

$4.99 Ikaruga

$6.99 Undertale

$3.99 Kamui

$3.09 Hunniepop

$7.50 Trinelogy

$4.49 Ys 1&2 Chronicles

$5.99 Ys Origin

_________

$113.41

None of those games seem overpriced to me. Maybe just LoH:TitS. But feel free to point out the stupid purchasing decisions I am making if you know of any other better deals!
Damn fine list, actually. You may want to reconsider Azure, as controller support is still kinda wonky, as I understand it.

Otherwise, that's all pretty good stuff filth.

Pirate's curse is part of a steam bundle if you want to add a few bucks for some more games.
Pirate's Curse is weeatacular, too. Risky Revenge is fun, But Pirate Curse improves on every aspect. Damn good Vania-lite.

And If you don't have it yet, Nothing371, buy Shovel Knight.

WTF is up with Superhot being 20% off? We're not exactly talking about a best selling critical darling here.

This sale, man...
Smiley-Facepalm.gif
y u no get frum ig wen free???????

I finished Superhot the other day. Very good campaign but also extremely short. There's a challenge and endless mode that unlock after finishing the main game, but the MSRP should've been $10 max. I would have paid no more than $5

TITS2 still hasn't gone cheap and only Steam sells it (unless you count GOG but ewww.gif) so your opportunities for sales are much more limited.

It's worth it though. That game probably has more text than all of Squee's text games combined. Carpe Fulgar almost went more nuts over translating it all. It's minor miracle we even got an English version.

In other news, since the British Pound is losing its value like a crazy (I've read it hasn't been this low since 1985) it might be a good idea to check deals on UK sites.
Out of curiosity, I checked amazon.co.uk for digital purchases on games, and almost everything is "currently unavailable". Most of what you can get right now is for pre-order.

bread's done
Back