Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Civ V will almost certainly pop up in some kind of Humble Bundle or freebie promotional offer. Wait.

Worst case scenario, you have to buy it at a similar price to the current price in the winter sale.

Well, instead of complaining too much about the sale I spent tonight broing it up with Gang Beasts Online, Mount Your Friends, and Disco Dodgeball.

Also tried out CHKN, ICY, Last Hope, Dead but Alive, and HER Story.

So far the only potential dud is Dead But Alive.

Enjoying ICY a ton, which is surprising for me. 

AkONbz5.png

No regrets, only dreams now.

If you want max Blood Bowl for your buck, Chaos Edition is the way to go. It has more content than Blood Bowl 2 (More cosmetic customization options on players, more teams) and is generally speaking the best retail Blood Bowl. FUMBBL is free straight-ass Blood Bowl without eyecandy, but if you want one of the retail games (Especially to play by yourself) then Chaos Edition is probably the way to go.

Blood Bowl 2's got some nicer graphics, but as mentioned has fewer teams. The main saving grace is (From what I've heard at least) more of the Blood Bowl playing community has moved to 2 since it's the new hotness, so if multiplayer's your goal you'd likely want that.
Thanks, might bail on BB2 then. Chaos Edition annoys me only because they won't put it back near the historical low, bastards.

Dan Gan Ron Pa -> Danganronpa. I've played both but on the Vita not the PC so I cant speak directly to the steam version. I can, however, say that I thoroughly enjoyed both. Before I bought the first, the series was defined to me as 'Phoenix Wright in the world of 999 (Zero Escape)'. I find that an apt description. It's mostly a visual novel with very light puzzle solving and mini-game class trials. I guess there's also a hint of dating sim, but that's really just to flesh out the characters. All-in-all, if you like Ace Attorney or Zero Escape, I think you'll like Danganronpa (though play Trigger Happy Havoc first as it's the first one, Goodbye Despair is number 2). If you hate both of those, save your money.
Heh, I always get it as Dagenropa in my head, which I know is wrong ><. But yeah it sounds like stuff I'd love, Phoenix Wright is one of the games I hate that I've never gotten to play as it appeals to me.

I don't think there's an equivalent of "gold" deck in the american deck. Let's leave it as Diamonds xD.
I went with diamonds because I figured they were closer than anything else :p.

Bit of a shame, for the most part I'd probably not notice the dupes but it'd bug me a bit if I did come across them (more so then having coaches like NULL Macey in 16). I'm a few years in on OOTP 16 Dbacks, but the budget was fairly small as well from what I recall. Luckily in that save, Kendricks died and his son took over who loves to splash the cash, not enough for my liking but better then before.
The most annoying thing is when you lose your first round draft pick because the player you drafted was drafted again in the 4th round by another team and somehow he ends up on their team. :bomb:

Once you listen to the theme song, you'll never mis-remember how to pronounce it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClH2Z7bVhZg

And there is absolutely no reason that you shouldn't play the Ace Attorney series. The whole original series is digital on the 2/3DS store (others via Back Compat) and a 2DS is ~$80 even with a game. Having access to the whole DS library as well as the 3/2DS games is a great thing.

Double post: And it seems like my most significant purchase from this Steam Summer Sale Season will be - Fallout 4 (~$21) from Best Buy (CAG cross-pollination).
Oh, that's definitely a worthy CAG cross-post! Plenty bang-for-the-buck there.

I have 104 hours or so with Fallout 4. I often find Bethesda time-sinks worth the money, based on quantity alone. There's just so much to do, explore, and whatnot - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts (especially w/ so many quests, short-quests, short-stories, and so many characters). B/c there's so much content here, just don't expect each piece (each story, each character, etc) to be loaded with depth - just like Skyrim. Though, anyone looking for a hell of a shooter/RPG hybrid open-world sandbox that you will sink lots of time into - this is your jam.

Just don't expect Obsidian or BioWare style writing; and don't explore to having as many interesting decision-making/choices when compared to say the likes of Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas and any of the Witcher games. Actually, a lot of choices in Fallout 4 [base-game] seem to be in the "make a morally good decision" camp or "make a very similar or the same morally good decision, but with some extra sarcasm & being a jerk thrown on top."

It doesn't seem like much often, you wind-up making completely evil decisions, which were more common in all the major Fallout games up to New Vegas (Fallout 1+2+3+NV). Even Fallout 3, which didn't seem to have a ton of them evil decisions, seemed to have more choices lingering in the evil decisions department than FO4, TBH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Free dog pet in Marvel Heroes if you login some time in the next week (before 11:59PM PST next Thursday).

Some other stuff going on too since it's the last week of their anniversary.

Actually, if you ever have any intention of playing it the The Civil War Starter Pack on sale 90% off at $3 on Steam right now is a good deal. It comes with Captain America and Iron Man hero unlocks (you get ultimate upgrade tokens if you already have them) their Civil War costumes, a STASH storage space for each of them and a couple of boost potions.

The storage alone is really useful and usually costs a good bit more than that to get.
That Civil War starter pack is an amazing deal... Even with 1930+hours in the game its got significant value in it for me. (I have both characters and stash tabs are already unlocked btw also.

Its also only $2.49

As for those asking about WWE2K16 and want a second opinion... I have 7 hours in and can freely say that its got a ton of value in it, that it could easily become some of the cheapest entertainment per a dollar I'll have this year. I will say I feel that the creation mode is somewhat lacking in items I feel should be there and while moves aren't hard to pull off I feel the games of old (like PS1/PS2 era) it was far easier to do more movies. I also feel that the learning curve is a bit higher than I thought it would be and I feel its noteworthy to mention.

As for those asking about WWE2K16 and want a second opinion... I have 7 hours in and can freely say that its got a ton of value in it, that it could easily become some of the cheapest entertainment per a dollar I'll have this year. I will say I feel that the creation mode is somewhat lacking in items I feel should be there and while moves aren't hard to pull off I feel the games of old (like PS1/PS2 era) it was far easier to do more movies. I also feel that the learning curve is a bit higher than I thought it would be and I feel its noteworthy to mention.
I agree - the entertainment per dollar value of WWE 2K16 looks to be very high. I'm 15 hours in and going after the NXT Champion in MyCareer. I still have not made it to the main roster (Raw and Smackdown). And from the looks of things to accomplish before you can hit the Hall of Fame and retire - winning belt multiple times, beating Sting or UT at WM, and other stuff - looks like this could take a WHILE to get to its end.

And hell, this is with NOT even touching the Stone Cold Showcase, Hall of Fame Showcase, and the likely end-game/neverending MyUniverse Mode. I got tons + most of my of mileage out of MyUniverse Mode in 2K15 - and with 2K16, I expect that to happen again; with being able to book shows, book rosters, book titles to be on what shows, book PPV's, and whatnot in a never-ending game-mode.

I have 104 hours or so with Fallout 4. I often find Bethesda time-sinks worth the money, based on quantity alone. There's just so much to do, explore, and whatnot - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts (especially w/ so many quests, short-quests, short-stories, and so many characters). B/c there's so much content here, just don't expect each piece (each story, each character, etc) to be loaded with depth - just like Skyrim. Though, anyone looking for a hell of a shooter/RPG hybrid open-world sandbox that you will sink lots of time into - this is your jam.
I have 250+ hours in FO4 (Steam says 300, but let's shave 50 for idling), all in one game and am still finding new locations with my original character. Like you said, it's not that these locations are filled with super-deep content -- it's mainly more supermutants or raiders to kill -- but there's a ton of sandbox content to wander around in even if the RPG aspect isn't especially noteworthy.

I haven't touched the DLC content (Far Harbor or even the Automatron mini-plot) yet either.

I have 250+ hours in FO4 (Steam says 300, but let's shave 50 for idling), all in one game and am still finding new locations with my original character. Like you said, it's not that these locations are filled with super-deep content -- it's mainly more supermutants or raiders to kill -- but there's a ton of sandbox content to wander around in even if the RPG aspect isn't especially noteworthy.

I haven't touched the DLC content (Far Harbor or even the Automatron mini-plot) yet either.
So is it more boring/repetitive than Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 3? I ask because I'm sure I'll buy it at some point and enjoy it but I'll wait until it hits a super cheap price years from now if its not a must play game.

So is it more boring/repetitive than Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 3? I ask because I'm sure I'll buy it at some point and enjoy it but I'll wait until it hits a super cheap price years from now if its not a must play game.
See, I think of them as different games.

FONV was a "ranging" game where you struck out in a direction and went where ever looked fun.

FO3 felt very much like a linear path with very little in the way of ranging. Most buildings/tunnels/subways were a path and really only had one or two diverges.

FO4 is like FONV as in it's ranging but because it's more urban, there's bits to do all over. So it's like bunny hoping from one building to the next.

I don't know if it'll have the lasting appeal of NV but I've done a ton of stuff and never even bothered with the actual story yet.

The story-telling isn't as good as New Vegas but I overall found it superior to FO3. Bethesda tried new things with it: focusing more on the Survivor's story for instance means there's less random "stuff" in the world that doesn't involve you and the choice to use voice acting for the Survivor means that there's far fewer dialogue options. I guess it's "repetitive" in that it's a lot of the same "find location, kill what's in it and take their shit" that's in all the recent Fallout & Elder Scrolls games. How boring that is depends on your own threshold.

It's definitely not a "must play". If you've waited this long, you can wait until Christmas and see if it's cheaper. It's fun and its "explore-kill-loot-repeat" nature means that you can soak a lot of time into it but it's nothing especially revolutionary.

Although different from the previous games, it does some stuff better as well. I'd love a game with NV's story-telling & character stat development and FO4's graphics, gun play and companion system.

It's definitely not a "must play". If you've waited this long, you can wait until Christmas and see if it's cheaper. It's fun and its "explore-kill-loot-repeat" nature means that you can soak a lot of time into it but it's nothing especially revolutionary.
Christmas? I was gonna wait like 5 years from now when the GOTY edition hits $5 and everyone on here is complaining about the Steam sale deals and asking who doesn't already own Fallout 4 yet? Thats when I'll buy it.

Christmas? I was gonna wait like 5 years from now when the GOTY edition hits $5 and everyone on here is complaining about the Steam sale deals and asking who doesn't already own Fallout 4 yet? Thats when I'll buy it.
At the rate the sales are going, in 5 years 5% off will be the new 7% off.

I'd love a game with NV's story-telling & character stat development and FO4's graphics, gun play and companion system.
I definitely agree 100% with THIS.

I'd really love to see Obsidian get the opportunity to do another Fallout game.

They took what was great w/ Fallout 3 (the complete change of first-person shooter/RPG) & expanded on it. They added so much Obsidian stuff (great storytelling, narrative, characters, dialogue), old-school Fallout humor (i.e. see Fallout 2 especially on this), and added so much more choice + actual role-playing/decision-making to the game.

It really would be interesting if Fallout: Louisiana would comes to fruition.

Of course, on the other hand - Bloodlines 2 being in Lousiana would make a lot of sense, too.

Fallout 4 is the new Skyrim for me - it's a game that I play whatever the hell my fill is until I've had enough of it; get away from it to play other game(s) for a bit; then eventually return to FO4 again; repeat cycle. This cycle feels like it'll likely go on for a while, as well.

It could be I need my fill of Fallout 4 for 60 hours for when I first get the game. Maybe it's 5 hours next time. Maybe next fill after that, it'll be 30 hours. Who knows. When it gets tiresome + repetitive, in which most Bethesda games to get like this for me, at some point - I just need to get away from it; and take a break from it.

Whatever the fill is, it doesn't matter - the story, character, and that stuff is just NOT good enough to just keep me interested in sticking w/ the game for 200 hours until I've done everything I've wanted to. This isn't a BioWare or Obsidian game, where all of that story & character stuff is so strong + important that I have this feeling of "I need to play this game until I finish it, even if it takes 200 hours without playing anything else in-between."

I think FO4, Skyrim, and honestly most Bethesda-made games fit the bill of they're easy to drop-off and later pick-up-and-play from where you left off b/c it's really just a sandbox more so than anything, at its heart + core.

EDIT:

I mean, hell - does anyone remember how memorable the entire main quest strings to both Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim were? Naw, I mostly remember the side-string quests (i.e. The Thieves' Guild quests & Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion + Skyrim) and the expansion packs/DLC's (i.e. Morrowind's Tribunal + Bloodmoon expansions; Skyrim's Dawnguard + Dragonborn DLC's & Oblivion's Shiv Isles + KotN DLC), TBH.

I've barely followed FO4's main-quest, as well. It's probably one of the better ones (main quests) for a base-game from Bethesda, TBH - but it still ain't screaming for me to keep following it to the end + I still don't care super-duper much about it.

Since some of you don't check the Poopees thread regularly, apparently one of the Kool Aid drinking AOL 90s chat sycophants told on me and now it's Poopees 2: Electric Wrath of Jonny Boogaloo. :rofl:

Are you for real?! I get it, this site's reputation proceeds it, so it's part of the personality to be edgy, dismissive and cynical. And afterall, this is a message board, so it's all fair game to offer opinions, right? As they say, of course, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

But, let me ask you something? You think it's cool to make a statement like that knowing absolutely nothing about me? Who are you to judge me? Let me see if I can play that game:

"It's clear by now that Motoki is a worthless low-life who if he tried to say something like that to my face would be slapped around like the whiny little bitch he no doubt is."

That is of course unfair and so I apologize for any offense. For all I know, you are a great friend to those who know you, a wonderful brother/sister, wife/husband... who knows. I won't judge you because as far as I'm concerned that's BS.

But let me share a couple of facts since you choose to go there... I have a family, including a wife and two children, I have a full-time job (not Groupees) which allows me to support my family and, frankly, support Groupees. I don't take a salary from Groupees, never have and never will. I do it because I can support 7 other people and pay them, which is pretty cool I think, provide a site where people can hang out, shoot the shit, get games, music and other digital content for a great price while providing exposure to artists who might not otherwise find an audience. Pretty crappy of me, I know.

These are my choices, and I don't want or expect thanks. But don't kid yourself for a moment. Saying crap about people who you have no knowledge of is utter BS and frankly a pathetic way to live.

Stalking my Facebook and my family's Facebook? Frankly, it's really not worth the time but guess I should feel honored.

Not exactly super sleuth material here. My LinkedIn profile is published on the website.

Really? Not quite sure how you reached that conclusion but let me help you with this. Uphold is trying to disrupt financial services because it's exclusionary and ridiculously expensive. There are millions of people around the World who are unbanked, don't have access to ways to send and use money except on ridiculous and indefensible fee basis. Uphold is trying to change that. It's your money and you should have free access to it and free ways to move it cross borders without being gouged by banks..... yea, really bad, right? I should be ashamed to be the General Counsel of this company.

Carry on with your ignorance and hate.

kuf7ZZW.jpg

I read that post and first thing I thought was Will Ferrell in SNL. "I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!"

Assuming it is Jonny (seems to be), I would genuinely be interested to see if he owns up to the various shenanigans chronicled in that thread. However, given that post is mostly a giant deflection from the criticism it's probably a drive-by with no intention of creating a dialogue, which I can't hold against him since that thread is fairly hostile to Groupees (however justifiable that is).

Black > Blue. I don't know why you you didnt it the other way round, from Blue to Black
1TB WD Blue: 50 bux

1TB WD Black: 69 bux (was $74 when I bought the other one.)

Eh. I wasn't planning on using this for my Steam drive at first, but I figured it was better to use it there than as a replacement for my media storage drive (which I rarely use anyway, it's usually powered down.)

In slightly more sane news, looks like Amazon just priced match a bunch more stuff from the Steam sale overnight judging by all the ITAD notifications I got.

Now I can McDonald's in Oregon Fairy Fencer F and get it for $7.50 without the WA sales tax. :p

I think I have picked up 2 games from Tremor this year that were in Groupees bundles.  Compared to the 30 or so IndieGala bundles I have bought.  So uh, thats... something.  

Anyone interested in a Depth 4 pack if I host one? $4.65 each

If I can't get a 4 pack going I may bite on pack with DLC. That would be dumb so please save me from myself.

Black ops 3, mortal kombat x, sleeping dogs, and ESO. They've got a 50% extra credit promo going on and I got another 10% from their reward card thingy
makes sensenow

its falloutnv/fo3 with a larger emphasis on shooting and poorer emphasis on rpg mechanics

#cardfarmingplz

I still have thirteen bucks left over from last winter.
I hear there's some Home Depots in San Diego you can stand out in front of and find work.

Home Depot Customer: Are you a carpenter?

Foxhack: No, but I can sew a furry costume in any adult size.

bread's done
Back