Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
People like giveaways even with the game looking terrible and having cards. What really matters is how the games play and from the looks of it that one is pure garbage. I still remember saying oh let me try one of these Gleam.io games. Tried Rage Parking Simulator for 5 minutes and was like oh heck no this game sucks! Made me appreciate when I played Enter the Gungeon later (very decent game). Course it's all about the +1s and free cards for moolahs and no one cares about actually playing anything anymore.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/30/bioshock-the-collection-remasters-trio-for-current_2d00_gen-consoles-and-pc-in-september.aspx

The PC version will include all three games, but only the first two will be remastered. BioShock Infinite already works well on high-end machines. If you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, and/or Minerva's Den, you'll get the upgraded versions free.
So I'm guessing if I have vanilla Bioshock Infinite, they're not going to give me the DLC for free?

Last edited by a moderator:
This pretty much sums up the sale, even Valve admits it.

JBa3rkh.png

I can't now! Gotta wait for the remaster!

I haven't checked it via Steam Library (show content), but the Steam store page doesn't show Minerva's Den as in my library. I bought BioShock 2 in 2011 or 2012 at the latest.
They ditched GFWL support on 2013. According to my Steam account I bought Bioshock 2 on May 2012 and I have the DLC. You might want to check your purchase history.

If I recall correctly, people who owned Bioshock 2 before the switch got Minerva's Den for free. People who bought it after did not get it free.

Edit: Welp that's what I get for not reading the previous page.

Nobody has said anything on Left 4 Dead 3 leak yet.

Let's be serious for a second.

EIZrTHw.png

According to rumors, valve could be testing the third installment of the series on the Left 4 Dead 2 private beta app.

Nobody has said anything on Left 4 Dead 3 leak yet.

Let's be serious for a second.

EIZrTHw.png

According to rumors, valve could be testing the third installment of the series on the Left 4 Dead 2 private beta app.
Looks like Portal 3 confirmed to me. Ain't no turrets in Left 4 Dead.

Maybe it's a crossover: Left 4 Portal! Portal 4 Dead! The mind boggles.

Humble Monthly reveal tomorrow!  Come on, you know you are excited especially with how the sale sucks.  I fully expect most of the games I bought to be in it considering I bought them through secondary means so I can't refund any of them.  

It does indeed feel like the drops have slowed over the last day or so. Debating over what to spend my last 2 bucks or so on my account on. That Marvel Heroes pack is awfully tempting, and that would mark the first time I ever purchased content for a free to play game.

I want Darkest Dungeon and XCOM 2 so badly but I have waited this long and they will both finally be out on consoles in just a few months... must.. stay.. strong.

Debating over what to spend my last 2 bucks or so on my account on. That Marvel Heroes pack is awfully tempting, and that would mark the first time I ever purchased content for a free to play game.
I got hooked lately. :p It's not a bad F2P. The microtransactions aren't too heinous, mostly cosmetic costumes and such, and you can unlock all the characters through playing and collecting eternity crystals if you play enough. Plus they do a lot of promotion give aways on characters, pets, boosts etc..

The storage is probably the main thing that's kind of a pain if you're going to play a lot but aren't willing to spend money. This pack does help with that, particularly if you're going to play Cap and/or Iron Man.

I don't know if I'd bother if you're just going to +1 it and not actually play. But if you think you will for real play it at some point it's worth it.

The game itself is decent. It's basically Marvel Diablo so if Diablo is your thing then go for it. I like that it doesn't have a steep learning curve or anything either. I'm a total Big Fish Grandma and went into it not really knowing what the hell I was doing or where I was putting my points and I still do okay.

There's apparently raids and such so I guess I'll need to L2P at some point if I do that but I'm not in a hurry and still having fun with it just mucking around.

TL;DR - Get it but only if you 4real 4real will make your ass play it. And don't lie to yourself.

I have already played it back when it was 2015 instead of 2016. I have started playing again, as Iron Man, who I had gotten for free from a previous promo. The pack is tempting because of the character stash tabs, which is the major bottleneck with playing the game. It is a good free to play game and the setting is a nice departure from the grim dark approach of games like Diablo III and Path of Exile. 

I have already played it back when it was 2015 instead of 2016. I have started playing again, as Iron Man, who I had gotten for free from a previous promo. The pack is tempting because of the character stash tabs, which is the major bottleneck with playing the game. It is a good free to play game and the setting is a nice departure from the grim dark approach of games like Diablo III and Path of Exile.
BTW you can use character specific stash tabs to some degree even for characters you aren't playing. Most stuff you can't put in there of course but anything that's wearable by all like some non character specific unique items and the Uru-forged stuff you can put in there. The stark cubes you can too even though the powers they give are character specific.

You can play around with it and see. There's a few things here and there that can go in there. Better than nothing. :p

Brotip:

Check Indiegala before you make any purchases (and if you are spending real money).  They have some games for the same price of the steam sale (Ryse, Punchclub and a few others) and you get a bonus scratch off card.  Most likely trash, but maybe you'll win a good game.  

Brotip:

Check Indiegala before you make any purchases (and if you are spending real money). They have some games for the same price of the steam sale (Ryse, Punchclub and a few others) and you get a bonus scratch off card. Most likely trash, but maybe you'll win a good game.
Aren't you about due for some more GMG Mystery bundles??

I wonder how the newer version of their summer/winter sales are doing versus the old version. It seems like everyone hates this style of sale and if they aren't doing as well with it financially, they may revert back to the old way come winter?

I wonder how the newer version of their summer/winter sales are doing versus the old version. It seems like everyone hates this style of sale and if they aren't doing as well with it financially, they may revert back to the old way come winter?
They won't ...
till Half Life 3 Left 4 Dead 3 releases

I spend more money and on games that I like. In past sales I'd spend the same or less, but I'd buy a whole bunch of cheap hidden gems people always hyped. I like it this way better. I hope Steam keeps it up to keep you filthy +1ers as far away as possible. I heard Groupees will take you with open arms.

Lol at SLI
QFT

2 of the guys in the group I play with have SLI setups and I have yet to actually hear them talk about it working, 90% of the time they leave it turned off because games dont work with it or when they do they actually get worse performance. One has a 970 sli and the other a 980ti sli. I think they usually just use one as a physx board at this point

Doubt it, they're still making a killing of the cards (like before; couple days ago looked and Valve's grossing like 2k a sale card, a day), and this way they don't have to actually hire staff to do things like refunds and provide support.

I spend more money and on games that I like. In past sales I'd spend the same or less, but I'd buy a whole bunch of cheap hidden gems people always hyped. I like it this way better. I hope Steam keeps it up to keep you filthy +1ers as far away as possible. I heard Groupees will take you with open arms.
Did you hear: It's OK to YCS again.

Humble Monthly reveal tomorrow! Come on, you know you are excited especially with how the sale sucks. I fully expect most of the games I bought to be in it considering I bought them through secondary means so I can't refund any of them.
People's unwanted monthly games will be my Steam sale.

LOL Paying $400 for a 980 Ti....
Yeah, if I was forking over $350-400 for a card - I'd rather get a 1070 8GB VRAM and throw that in instead SLI'ing a 6GB 980 Ti.

1070 has more VRAM, more power, and is a $1500 Titan killer.

EDIT:

Lol at SLI
Unless you can get a extra card dirt-cheap somehow and either the game officially supports SLI or you can workaround to find a way to get SLI working - yeah, I don't know what the big deal really is about it.

Also, it's not like if you have say SLI up 2 of them 1080's, you now have double the VRAM buffer for 16GB VRAM. Nope, you're still stuck with the same 8GB buffer in SLI.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/8850/announcements/detail/606114300066920422

And if you already own BioShock,BioShock 2, and/or Minerva’s Den on Steam, you will be able to upgrade to the remastered version of the respective title(s) for free after release. It’s a circus of values!

Bioshock Remaster is going to free for previous owners
So if you want to you can buy exactly what they are releasing for $60 at $13 currently? Doesn't seem like a bad idea if you don't own them in other forms.

Oh, and I know Weiler wants to know:

Installed my second refurb Hitachi Ultrastar last night.  So far so good.  No bad sectors.  Installed Red Orchestra 2 on it and played it for bro night and my computer didn't explode.  DLed a ton of games on it overnight (WWE 2K15, NBA 2K16, and other monsters) and so far so good.  Fingers crossed but looks like i might have lucked out with another good one.  Have plenty of space open for more bro night games too.  

I spend more money and on games that I like. In past sales I'd spend the same or less, but I'd buy a whole bunch of cheap hidden gems people always hyped.
I'll end up spending about the same as always. $50 so far, at least another $50 in the pipeline. Biggest difference for me has been the apathetic friendslist activity feed. In previous sales, i'd spend lots of time seeing what everyone else bought and checking for that magical combination of price point and impulse tweakage. This sale, everyone is buying Hyperdimension Neptunia and those other 15 cent games that are pretty much always 15 cents.

Guess it's probably better this way, since i'd never play those impulse purchased games anyway.

going between cynical and optimistic on the Humble Monthly Bundle. The smart part of my brain says, with Hurtworld being the featured, it can only go downhill from there and the games will be crap/crap I don't want. The "spent $12 on this crap so have to justify it," side says it might be an elaborate plan to make it look like it'll be crap but the rest of the games will be great to convince people to stay subscribed instead of un-subbing anytime the feature game sucks/isn't something they want. 

The smart side will probably be right, but I wanna dream damnit!

And probably end up spending around the same or more on the sale still. Most of the more is due to having money to do so, but to be honest outside the first day or two, I've mostly been interested in what Amazon will price match, what will be in the Humble Monthly, and the sale on the site for this really niche game I've gotten into. 

So if you want to you can buy exactly what they are releasing for $60 at $13 currently? Doesn't seem like a bad idea if you don't own them in other forms.
I forgot about the Infinite season pass so it would be $23 for everything

I'll end up spending about the same as always. $50 so far, at least another $50 in the pipeline. Biggest difference for me has been the apathetic friendslist activity feed. In previous sales, i'd spend lots of time seeing what everyone else bought and checking for that magical combination of price point and impulse tweakage. This sale, everyone is buying Hyperdimension Neptunia and those other 15 cent games that are pretty much always 15 cents.

Guess it's probably better this way, since i'd never play those impulse purchased games anyway.
Have spent $0 will probably spend $0. Only about 40-60 things on my wishlist at any given time although most of it is bundle fodder I'm keeping an eye on or new-ish/early access titles I put there for ease of reference. As for the rest, there's nothing that's discounted that hasn't had better or the same the past several years.

Grim Dawn is only 25% off

The Quest is only 30% off

Valhalla Hills is only 25% off

Armello is only 25% off

Rebel Galaxy only 50% off

These are games that with 'proper' major sale discounts I'd have pulled the trigger on for sure along with some others. That said, the sale is good for seeing what other people buy and putting on my wishlist for later and exploring the queue actually did highlight a few decent upcoming games in the sea of endless crap that's allowed on Steam now.

Said it the past several 'major' sales but they have devolved into a store-wide midweek/weekend deal that lasts 10-14 days. The discounts are no better and often worse.

bread's done
Back