Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
One Piece Burning Blood on PC pushed back to Summer 2016

Hello One Piece fans!

We wanted to provide you with a quick update regarding the PC version of One Piece Burning Blood.

We’ve been working diligently to match the console version’s quality with 30 FPS and 1080P resolution
:drool: Eff the pissants

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Indie Gala won't let me buy the stupid game I want to buy so I can get the stupid free game and scratch off because their security measures indicate I am using a proxy or VPN or anonymous browsing... when I'm not.   fuck off you dirty luigis!  

Edit:

Was able to get it work on my second account.  I guess my first one is flagged or something.

Anyway, here is Teddy Floppy Dick until he see's Bah's mom - The Race:

E6C?R-W?L?Y-68A3W

? = fore 

Also, my Speedrunners PEWDIEPIE DLC got me:

Steel & Cream on Weiler's Mom Episode 1: 

XYJFE-PHXB?-G4ITB

? = seven 

Final spend $2.72. A little more than the state sales tax I paid buying FIFA 16 from Mexico (not really sure how that's gonna make it back to the schools here, but can't ask too many questions).

This was the most mailed in major sale that I've seen in every regard (just edging the winter sale which was similar in ways that matter, but at least had a comic and whatever the Red Herring badge thing was). I guess the banner changes every day? Not even sure about that since I haven't bothered to check in. I think I did one discovery queue but I don't really care enough to set up desktop authentication so it's worthless. Guess I could turn it into gems. Forgot those were even a thing, much like Steam.

Basically giving this one a punt as I anticipate the same underwhelming sales copy/pasted for Autumn/Winter. Hopefully Humble Monthly and uh... Remute? can pick off a few games by then.

Id say this sale is equal to the last Winter Sale. Its got the same issues. Crappy discounts, nothing to keep me coming back every day. The only thing its caused me to do is really take time in getting the few games Im going to get. I was gifted a wallet card so Im going to burn that in games, but had I not my buying would be done for already. If this was the old style, I know Id have spent more money and gotten more impulse purchases. The refund system is nice and I do appreciate it, but I dont know if Id take that over flash/community choice/dailies. It'd be a tough decision.

Its all Valve's fault too. They're the ones suggesting to devs to keep the discounts higher than in the past.
One other thing is that the weekly promos have also worsened. During 2013-2015 you could generally find better as good or better deals during midweek/weekend promos compared to event sales. A major franchise might get 75% off during the winter/summer, but maybe it'd be 80% off or more during a random weekend.

I could be wrong but since the last winter sale most of the featured midweek/weekend haven't been very good, like 40-50% off 1-2 year old open world survival games that are still in Early Access or 60-75% off $20 games that have been in $1 bundles. Of course not everyone catches every deep sale or bundle but it does seem that most of the major publishers are easing up on discounts, and everyone else is just moving with the trend.

To Valve and all publishers/developers I say:

f4oYaIs.gif

Id say this sale is equal to the last Winter Sale. Its got the same issues. Crappy discounts, nothing to keep me coming back every day. The only thing its caused me to do is really take time in getting the few games Im going to get. I was gifted a wallet card so Im going to burn that in games, but had I not my buying would be done for already. If this was the old style, I know Id have spent more money and gotten more impulse purchases. The refund system is nice and I do appreciate it, but I dont know if Id take that over flash/community choice/dailies. It'd be a tough decision.

Its all Valve's fault too. They're the ones suggesting to devs to keep the discounts higher than in the past.
nah this sale is worse imho

I'mma tell you like a Gaben told me:
"Cash Rules Everything Around Me"

On a serious note, yes, the Steam sale sucks worse than the last.  Steam sales are good for fakeybros like me who really want to play something and don't see the point of waiting a year to save a few bucks or wait a couple of years for a bundle somewhere where I only pay pennies for a game I want and then pay a whole bunch of more pennies for other games I don't want at all and end up spending not much less than had I just bought the one game I wanted and played it years ago.  

If you are totally about the sales and price and saving money and get annoying by paying more than 75% off or paying for a game and seeing it bundled then this sale sucks.  I stopped letting myself have that mind frame a while ago. 

It's not Steam's fault either.  And I don't say this to be a white knight.  The whole refund thing has a lot to do with this and that was out of control.  Thought it was great at the time, but would gladly give it up for flash and dailies. 

Then you have bundles which have devalued games like crazy and even worse devalued the perception of games where people won't even pay a fair price for a game they enjoy because some similar looking but likely trashy game was just bundled with 100 others for .10 cents so why should I pay more for this other game.  Add to that G2A and similar sites where people are literally stealing games from the devs and you have the devs potential income stream shrinking more and more.  So it's natural that they compensate by not lowering prices as much as they used to and essentially having to make more money on a smaller amount of sales.  It sucks and a few loyal fans shouldn't really be having to finance or hold up struggling indie devs, but that's the reality.  

The same thing has happened with music.  There's a lot of indie artists that can't make a living the conventional way anymore.  They do similar stuff (raise prices on CDs, put out kickstarters or special edition stuff to try to entice an actual sale, etc.).  Who knows.  In a few years time we're going to get some sort of Spotify version for indie games where you can play them for free or pay $10 to play any indie game in the world and that's going to do even more to make Steam sales suck.  Be prepared. The end is nigh.  

WhatIsAPrepper.jpg

Hailing way back to the BioShock thing, I do own Minerva's Den (free from the GFWL switch) and it's just Steam being stupid and not flagging it as "in my library" from the store page.  Mafia II DLC does the same thing -- only the "content" packs show as owned and Steam would happily let me repurchase the costume/car DLC if I wasn't careful.

So I just bought this.

Reviews say it's terrible. It's probably terrible. But I was bored and wanted to buy something trashy and outrageous for the skid markz & grinz.

The description on that sounds like something I'd have come up with when I was in 7th grade, uncertain about the idea of having to talk to girls, and dreaming of a way around the process:

"So, what if there was a place and it had all these girls and there was a law that said you HAD to get married so then you'd marry one of these girls because you had to because it was the law.  And then you'd have to have sex because you're married."

So I just bought this.

Reviews say it's terrible. It's probably terrible. But I was bored and wanted to buy something trashy and outrageous for the skid markz & grinz.
I think this should be your new avatar.

[attachment=22748:motokiavatar.png]

LOL, I had JUST took a screenshot and made that same image.  I guess you spend the whole game looking like that.

GfanFug.png

I think this should be your new avatar.

attachicon.gif
motokiavatar.png
Poopees spastic cat being eternally whipped by Simon Belmont or Trevor Belmont or some Belmont needed a rest anyway.

I'll change it later when I am back at my PC because CAG mobile is too fucking obtuse to figure out how to do anything beyond basic read and write replies and the site's not letting me force desktop mode.

Thanks Blade for selling me a spare Shadow of Mordor he bought at glitch. After knowing everybody else got it i was teetering on making an impulsive decision and buying it for ten bucks from steam. This also makes me glad that when i tried to buy it from russian gamersgate they sent me a duplicate key and i had to get a refund, it saved me a few bucks in the end. I guess everything really does happen for a reason. Going to quit my job and become a priest

I'm surprised so many people DIDN'T have Shadows of Mordor.  I assumed everyone had it from Nuuvem or Bundlestars over the last 18 months so I didn't think about buying glitch gift copies for anyone.

Speaking of WB games, I had the thought today that I'm surprised that they never cranked out any Mad Max DLC.  Seems like something they would have made, especially with SoM and the Batman games being full of it.

Yes, because I can't play with a keyboard and mouse. Unless I use one of those lap desk things to allow me to use the mouse and keyboard on my lap, which I have before, and it's beyond uncomfortable. Gaming after work becomes more work instead of melting to the couch with a controller.

What makes the PS4 controller different than the XB1? Or is the trackpad it? I can see it being useful for a few stubborn games that are controller compatible but require a mouse for menus. Not sure if it's worth buying the controller just for that though.

I wish I could get Xpadder to work properly. The AutoProfile feature is EXACTLY what I need. A way for Xpadder to see what I'm launching, automatically pull up the profile I need and starts working seamlessly, then shuts itself off when I close the game. However, when I use Steam to launch games, Xpadder doesn't see that the game is running and therefore won't load the profile.
Yeah just the trackpad. I like the Xbox controller more but that trackpad could be very useful with the right software. I wouldn't go through the trouble of buying a DS3 just for something that probably won't be optimal.

I am not really sure what I'm going to buy in the summer sale. Going to sell my farmed cards so far and see what I do with my Steam wallet.

Also I will likely be giving away a lot of free games (About 140+) I will likely be posting tomorrow. I finally redeemed all my bundle junk and it took likely close to 2 hours to do all my keys, though I excel sheet the extras and put the new games on howlongtobeat....so that adds time.

I'm kind of looking at Divinity Enhanced Edition or possibly Pillars of Eternity. Any thoughts on these old school throwbacks? I was of the generation who played Baldur's Gate 2 and Arcanum and such when they came out.

Also really not sure if I should redeem TIS 1000. I am  a programmer, so it doesn't sound crazy fun really. Barely even sounds like a game, though I guess programming is a game of sorts. I don't know....just really don't like playing games that are similar to my work, plus I learned Assembly, and not really sure I want to relive that haha.

I'm surprised so many people DIDN'T have Shadows of Mordor. I assumed everyone had it from Nuuvem or Bundlestars over the last 18 months so I didn't think about buying glitch gift copies for anyone.
The main reason I have not bought it yet was due to not being able to play it on current rig. Also, I am waiting for under $10. I missed the glitch, but good to know some got in for it. I already posted interest in buying in the cesspool. (Surprised Spoder did have some to sell haha).

The main reason I have not bought it yet was due to not being able to play it on current rig. Also, I am waiting for under $10. I missed the glitch, but good to know some got in for it. I already posted interest in buying in the cesspool. (Surprised Spoder did have some to sell haha).
What? Is that a typo? I didn't get extra glitch copies. Bought one for myself. Considered getting more but it was already too late

Hey, just cuz we're both named Josh doesn't mean we're the same person!

Also, I'm all out of the glitch gifts.

Had the day off and between the disappointment of the Steam sale and my day's entirely frustrating gaming experience I almost went downtown to see the furries! (Anthrocon is this weekend) So...I was just going to find a pic of two random furries...but this is too good...

anthrocon-2016-04.jpg

That just made my day awesome.

Now...onto a longass rant, feel free to ignore this if you don't care about Forza...or if you just want to ignore. Forza is on Windows now! Yay! Or so I thought. I played a bunch of Forza Horizon and really dug it. I know the Horizon games are the more "arcade" style and Motorsports are the "sim" style, but I disagree. The Motorsports are definitely the arcade version. Allow me to explain. Gamers say arcade games in one sense as unrealistic, like TF2. But in another sense they are all about pumping in more quarters on unfair and artificially extended games. That's Forza. I started on average difficulty and couldn't even get 6th place. I dialed it back to the one about total pussy difficulty and finally got a few top 3s. So My first thought is: I suck at this game.

But then there's this tuning thing. At first I was going to try one of the general tune sites or apps, but that seemed like a lot of work and not for a specific car. Instead I try to find some tunes on the net, which is impossible because everyone sells there tunes (understandable, if you make something go from suck to not suck why would you give it away? Hell, look at the trash they charge real money for on Steam). I finally find a Youtube of some dude's tune (from another country so it's partially in some other units...and since I'm American there's no way I know the difference between good ol' American units and weird ass metric units) I changed a little here and there. Suddenly the races I couldn't break the top 10 in I'm getting top 3. Search some more and find a complete tune from a guy. Now go from maybe 6th on average to top 3 on unbeatable. There is no way me and random dude on the internet have the same driving style (I mean...I'm assuming he doesn't drive like it's Mario Kart). I just don't get this, the cars suck, until you adjust a bunch of shit then suddenly they are perfect? That's why I say it's more arcade. You have to spend a bunch of time adjusting stupid sliders until the car drives right.

In summation, Forza Apex 6 on Windows 10 sucks...or I do.

I'll play some more of this, but if it keeps sucking I'll go to a downtown bar and find me a drunk blue panda to take home.

I'm surprised so many people DIDN'T have Shadows of Mordor. I assumed everyone had it from Nuuvem or Bundlestars over the last 18 months so I didn't think about buying glitch gift copies for anyone.

Speaking of WB games, I had the thought today that I'm surprised that they never cranked out any Mad Max DLC. Seems like something they would have made, especially with SoM and the Batman games being full of it.
There really isn't much of a story to make DLC out of. The base game was long enough as it is, maybe they felt it would've been too much. There's certainly bits that could've been sold as DLC... but I AM surprised they never bothered selling DLC cars or skins. There's two unused item subs on Steam for car customization items. But that's it.

Maybe WB didn't expect the game to sell as much as it did.

According to Tomasety, we're all the same person
All you gringos look alike.

I'm kind of looking at Divinity Enhanced Edition or possibly Pillars of Eternity. Any thoughts on these old school throwbacks? I was of the generation who played Baldur's Gate 2 and Arcanum and such when they came out.
The story in Pillars of Eternity was not that interesting, but I really enjoyed the gameplay and it did remind me of games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate. With a better story it would be an amazing game. But despite the weak story I still say it was worth the purchase and I bought it at release. I have 119 hours with one playthrough although I restarted once a few hours in and I also thoroughly explored everything/killed every enemy I could find so that time is probably a bit inflated. I have not went back to check out the DLC yet.

I have Divinity Original Sin but have not played it yet however several people I know who have played both tell me Divinity is the better of the two.

There really isn't much of a story to make DLC out of. The base game was long enough as it is, maybe they felt it would've been too much. There's certainly bits that could've been sold as DLC... but I AM surprised they never bothered selling DLC cars or skins. There's two unused item subs on Steam for car customization items. But that's it.

Maybe WB didn't expect the game to sell as much as it did.

All you gringos look alike.
The idea of WB publishing a full MSRP game based on a movie-IP and not having DLC is pretty insanely shocking.

Everything by WB has DLC, even gauntlet and Lego games.

The idea of WB publishing a full MSRP game based on a movie-IP and not having DLC is pretty insanely shocking.

Everything by WB has DLC, even gauntlet and Lego games.
Yeah, but everything they release is basically a franchise to them. They probably didn't think they could get enough mileage out of Mad Max - while the story does end on a "this may get a sequel" note... there's really so much you can do with "dude goes exploring the desert, finds people, gets betrayed, betrays them back, moves on."

there's really so much you can do with "dude goes exploring the desert, finds people, gets betrayed, betrays them back, moves on."
Eh, side location (with car skin at the end), playing as some peripheral character (a la Catwoman missions), it wouldn't be hard to put something in there. It's not as though "Does this seamlessly blend with our carefully crafted game world?" has ever been the deciding factor before if a few bucks are on the line.

Every time I see someone buy those New Reality games on Steam I feel bad for not posting sooner but here's a bunch of keys totaling 30¢ for the lurkers.  But they're gonna have to work for it.

Ubvj0CE.png

How do you people snatch codes this fast?!
That's what lurkers do.

I've taken up giving away keys on my Steam activity page instead since at least I know those people. But I think that everyone I know (who bothers to read the activity feed) owns most of that New Reality stuff by now.

After helping fund Cryamore, a supposed Secret of Mana inspired game, I just never did Kickstarter again. Hopefully I get that game someday, though they are getting help...

Also forgot to add about Cthulhu Realms is very alright from the Humble Monthly bundle. It does get a bit buggy when you play too many cards, where you can't click cards to do their effects. The clicking cards for effects is very clunky too. I didn't lose a fight once during the 4 hour or so campaign. There is a hard campaign as well, a vs AI and online play, which I didn't try out. It seems complicated at first but it is easy to play after a few games. Also the cards are very hard to heard without zooming in. I never knew what the buildings health was at first glance. It's an easy 7/10 or so and plays very similar to Star Realms. Try the F2P game if you're interested. 

Reds, Dfg, and I gave the co op mode of The Forest a try tonight and had a lot of fun. Spent most of our time dying and building this giant log cabin in the sky only to realize we need stairs now. Guess will get us something to do next week.

Also, played some Firewatch. Loving it so far. Seems like an interactive story and I'm eager to see where it goes.

bread's done
Back