Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Was Outland free or something? I notice a lot of you have it even though isthereanydeal doesn't list it as being bundled.
Outland was definitely in a Humble Bundle $1 tier.

I remember specifically because I bought it in the summer sale, and then it got bundled a few weeks after and i was like "that's it, never buying indie games again"

taking a break from all the Steam sale and contemplate if and should I buy a PS4.  

My source of contemplation?  The shitty PC port of Dead or Alive 5 on Steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAzBuRBRgKE

I already own Rogue Legacy (one of my favorite rogue-likes), Crypt of the Necrodancer (bought it yesterday), Super Meat Boy, Hero Siege, and Outland.

I actually had Eldritch in my cart yesterday but decided to pass on it. But you might've changed my mind about it.

Apotheon looks pretty interesting, after watching the trailer I'll definitely check out more gameplay.

And Bloody Trapland is another game I almost bought. I was going to get the 4 pack but then I realized none of my friends would probably play it with me since it looks like the type of game I would wreck all of them on. lol. Might get it anyways though. 

Thanks guys, I appreciate the recommendations.

you know, out of curiosity, why are we brodating "3rd rated generic WW2 FPS" whereas there are much better quality WW2 FPS out there?
its obvious you dont know bro. That is part of the charter. The whole point is to play 3rd rated/bundle trash/fakey games and unearth the nuggets of gold. Recently, the stinkier the better just to have a reason to play rocket league.

you know, out of curiosity, why are we brodating "3rd rated generic WW2 FPS" whereas there are much better quality WW2 FPS out there?
bro don't let bro play horrible game (except Bad Rats)
Playing (often) terrible games is the crux of a proper bro-night. Also, playing games that most of us own and otherwise wouldn't play, which Enemy Front fits into nicely.

do u need to play the 1st and 2nd one prior this one? I appreciate the Witcher series for fill me in w/o having to ENDURE the slow-as-hell Witcher 1 and Witcher 2
No, DA:I stands alone without much need for deep exposition. There's plenty of call-backs tying it into DA:O & DA2 for those who played but it's a complete package on its own and tells you whatever you'd need to know along the way.

taking a break from all the Steam sale and contemplate if and should I buy a PS4.

My source of contemplation? The shitty PC port of Dead or Alive 5 on Steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAzBuRBRgKE
So you're saying you want to buy a PS4 to play the definitive version of Dead or Alive 5 LR? I won't blame you for wanting dem boob physics.. but I can think of a few other games I'd buy it for first..

Last edited by a moderator:
And Bloody Trapland is another game I almost bought. I was going to get the 4 pack but then I realized none of my friends would probably play it with me since it looks like the type of game I would wreck all of them on. lol. Might get it anyways though.
When we played it, it just had 4 player co-op mode. Only one person would need to finish a level to proceed, which meant no matter how awful someone is at platformers (ME), they still got to ride along and occasionally luck their way across a map.

I think the deathmatch stuff must be a new addition, I don't remember that.

Going to wade through my wishlist right now and see what I buy on the Steam sale. Likely will be the 75%+ Adorlea RPGMaker games i'm missing that aren't horribly rated, and other bundle fodder.  I'll put what I get tomorrow. I also will have a giveaway sometime....been busy getting stuff packed up and cleaned up and donate and junk, so haven't been around much. It will be worth it for some and be better than the Steam sale heh.

Ok guys, since the sale is almost over does any want to recommend some good sales on decent games that I might've missed or overlooked? I'm mostly looking for some rogue-likes, platformers/metroidvanias and pretty much any fun online co-op game (no local co-op though). I'm kinda a Steam newbie with only 52 games, half of those being $1 tier Humble games. So don't worry about me having the games you wanna recommend, cause I most likely don't.

Thanks for any recommendations!
I was going to recommend a few that you already have -- particularly Hero Siege. It's oddly addicting.

Others:

Spelunky - everyone should have this one by now, but on the off chance you don't, it's a killer platformer with some rogue-like elements

Dungeon of the Endless - highly-rated turn-based rogue-like in a nice wrapper.

Shovel Knight - widely considered one of the best platformers on Steam.

The Binding of Isaac - top-down shooter with rogue-like elements

Dust: an Elysian Tale - a beautiful platformer/metroidvania kind of game

Ori and the Blind Forest - same as above

Trine / Trine 2 - a lushly detailed co-op platformer with puzzle elements.

Fez - a really unique 2D platformer that allows you to manipulate the environment in 3D. Probably need to see a video. Lots of exploration. Great game.

I was going to recommend a few that you already have -- particularly Hero Siege. It's oddly addicting.

Others:

Spelunky - everyone should have this one by now, but on the off chance you don't, it's a killer platformer with some rogue-like elements

Fez - a really unique 2D platformer that allows you to manipulate the environment in 3D. Probably need to see a video. Lots of exploration. Great game.
Lots of good recommendations here. I've dumped way to much time into BoI. If you're just starting, skip the original and get rebirth, it's a much better version. It's a twisted, dark, rogue-like Legend of Zelda. I also love Shovel Knight and Ori. If you like tough platformers, Super Meat Boy is quite good. It's fair, but some of those later levels are VERY hard.

Spelunky - (Have, one of my favorite games of all time)

Dungeon of the Endless - (I'm actually going to buy this on the Xbox One this week)

Shovel Knight - (Have on Xbox)

The Binding of Isaac - (Have, never have been addicted to a game as much as I was Isaac)

Dust: an Elysian Tale - (Have on Xbox)

Ori and the Blind Forest - (Have on Xbox)

Trine / Trine 2 - (Have)

Fez - (Have on Xbox, and Phil Fish is a piece of crap)
Ok, this confirms it. I do own all the fan faves. lol

Ok guys, since the sale is almost over does any want to recommend some good sales on decent games that I might've missed or overlooked? I'm mostly looking for some rogue-likes, platformers/metroidvanias and pretty much any fun online co-op game (no local co-op though). I'm kinda a Steam newbie with only 52 games, half of those being $1 tier Humble games. So don't worry about me having the games you wanna recommend, cause I most likely don't.

Thanks for any recommendations!
Binding of Isaac (rogue like)

Spelunky (rogue like/platformer)

Crypt of the Necrodancer (rogue like)

Eldritch (rogue like)

Super Meat Boy (platformer)

Guacamelee (platformer/metroidvania)

FTL: Faster than Light (rogue like)

Rayman Origins/Legends (platformers that have been much cheaper in the past, but some of the best platformers I've ever played)

Valdis story abyssal city (metroidvania)

Our darker purpose (pretty much a poorer quality binding of issac clone)

I usually give away a few copies of Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death during sales, but the game didn't go on sale this time. Which is weird. It's basically a God of War clone with lots of b-movie inspired self-referential humor.

Oh and FoxyPie also liked it, but don't hold that against the game. It's really good. :p

4hUA78o.jpg

thanks steam for the useless card

Ok, this confirms it. I do own all the fan faves. lol
Well, most of us can't be asked to go through all of our games and pick out the ones we liked the most. So here's a list of all games tagged with rogue-like (doesn't include rogue-lites or other tags). I guess Enter the Gungeon and Crypt of the Necrodancer are good, but I don't care for rogue-likes and can't say. You can also search for the highest-rated games and sort by genre or tag from there.

There are 13,000+ products on sale right now. I've got nearly 4,800 games on Steam, and I'm not even in the top 5 on CAG. Some of us buy 52 games in a day, so you can definitely find at least 100 PC exclusives to buy in this sale if you want to take PC gaming seriously. And yes, I also have some of these games on consoles, but I also own them on Steam because they're either so cheap it's laughable or free.

Good for you actually getting to play the game, whereas my Vita copy ordered a year ago shows no signs of shipping!

But I did get a $10 amazon credit out of it
But I used it to buy Life is Strange for some reason
Yeah I had a preorder for it also and Amazon canceled mine without a single email I just found out a couple months ago

Well, most of us can't be asked to go through all of our games and pick out the ones we liked the most. So here's a list of all games tagged with rogue-like (doesn't include rogue-lites or other tags). I guess Enter the Gungeon and Crypt of the Necrodancer are good, but I don't care for rogue-likes and can't say. You can also search for the highest-rated games and sort by genre or tag from there.

There are 13,000+ products on sale right now. I've got nearly 4,800 games on Steam, and I'm not even in the top 5 on CAG. Some of us buy 52 games in a day, so you can definitely find at least 100 PC exclusives to buy in this sale if you want to take PC gaming seriously. And yes, I also have some of these games on consoles, but I also own them on Steam because they're either so cheap it's laughable or free.
Um, cool and congrats I guess?

Like you said, there's 13,000+ games on sale. I don't know about you, but I don't have the time or patience to scroll through 13K games and read reviews for each one. Hence why I asked some fellow CAGs to recommend some of their favorites.

And only people that buy tons of games are considered serious gamers? Weird, I thought people that actually played games were gamers? Hm, but what do I know about gaming. I've only completed 350+ games on the Xbox alone, maybe one day when I own 10,000 unplayed games I'll understand more about gaming.

Seeing how much the G2A name appears in PC Gaming discussions on the web, I don't get the hype. Prices seem to be higher than Steam most of the time, and the bundled stuff is marked up very high. It's like the seediest parts of Steamtrades blown up to a larger scales. It reminds me of the folks who sell their humble monthly gift for the same price as the Steam store, but worse. 

And now... the list that aggravates many and is wanted by no one:

MY SUMMER SALE HAUL:

• Pinball Arcade Season 2 Pro Pack
  • Oddworld New n' Tasty DLC
  • Rocket League DLC
  • Goat Sim DLC
  • 16 +1/card games for a dollar fifty
  • Ys VI
  • Blood and Bacon
Total: $23.00

Loser: STEAM

Highlight: Glitches, bitches!

I typically spend 5-8 times that much during the big Steam sales. The big new games weren't cheap enough and everything else remains potential bundle fodder, but I will still pay for something I really want.

I love the idea of the new Steam bundles, but it seems like lost potential at this point as they did next to nothing to promote the bundles. The bundles themselves are a mixture of good deals, overpriced stuff, bundles stuffed with price-inflating soundtracks (boo), and bundles of really shitty games. It's a good thing though, and I hope to see many more of them.

thanks steam for the useless card
Turn them into gems. I think summer sale cards give you 20. It's better than letting them vanish.

Seeing how much the G2A name appears in PC Gaming discussions on the web, I don't get the hype. Prices seem to be higher than Steam most of the time, and the bundled stuff is marked up very high.
Honestly, they're mainly just good for when you need to fakey the latest AAA on day one so a Southeast Asian copy bought with a stolen credit card is good enough if it's $30.

Anything that's been out a while you can probably get elsewhere for the same price or cheaper assuming you keep up on the bundles, etc.

Honestly, they're mainly just good for when you need to fakey the latest AAA on day one so a Southeast Asian copy bought with a stolen credit card is good enough if it's $30.

Anything that's been out a while you can probably get elsewhere for the same price or cheaper assuming you keep up on the bundles, etc.
It's also good for buying exclusive DLC you can't find elsewhere, and the occasional rare game but yeah.. not much point buying from G2A otherwise. Even for day 1 AAA shit I feel like you're better off going with a legit site such as GMG (yes, they're far more legit than G2A) or buying a steam gift from a cheap regional trader than buying from G2A as your purchase will be supporting the dev/publisher rather than some douchebag profiting from selling questionable/stolen shit on G2A.

Alien: Isolation: The Collection from NUVEEM is roughly $5.  

Paypal-locked. VPN-activated.  Once you get over it, it can run region-free.

Good price but I am not into horror and watching a few let's play vid stressed me out even more.

It's also good for buying exclusive DLC you can't find elsewhere, and the occasional rare game but yeah.. not much point buying from G2A otherwise. Even for day 1 AAA shit I feel like you're better off going with a legit site such as GMG (yes, they're far more legit than G2A) or buying a steam gift from a cheap regional trader than buying from G2A as your purchase will be supporting the dev/publisher rather than some douchebag profiting from selling questionable/stolen shit on G2A.
Don't you know that your local G2A is being supported by a cheap regional trader? :D/

My haul for the sale:  (which I waited an entire extra week for just to be disappointed by the Humble Monthly)

American Truck Simulator

Broforce

The Long Dark

Dying Light:  The Following Enhanced

Party Hard

Convoy

Stardew Valley

Those 4 games that were in the 8 cent bundle

Far Cry 3 Deluxe

3 Car packs for Rocket League

Fallout 4, GTA 5 and Witcher 3 still sit there mocking me the top of my wishlist.  Oh well, maybe in the Winter.

What a sad sale this was.  Valve might be making even more money, somehow, with this new format but I sure don't care about the sale now.  Nearly forgot to look at it again after the first day.  Have Hard West, Neon Struct, Traverser, and Divine Divinity in my cart at the moment.  Really want Hard West and Neon Struct but have been trying not to buy Steam games unless they're at least 75% off.

I bought a lot more than I should have and a lot less than I wanted.  

Also totally random, but I really like that Preacher show on AMC.  Not exactly true to the comic but gets the general feeling right and has a great cast, IMHO.

Others:

Post of the week, right here.

All of these games are almost as good as Regency Solitaire. Almost.

Speaking of RS, last night I gave Bella a pearl necklace. She was really happy with it, apparently it gave her extra dazzle on the dance floor.

Also totally random, but I really like that Preacher show on AMC. Not exactly true to the comic but gets the general feeling right and has a great cast, IMHO.
I never read the comic but I'm enjoying it as well and I really suck at following shows during their run.

Speaking of RS, last night I gave Bella a pearl necklace. She was really happy with it, apparently it gave her extra dazzle on the dance floor.
I bet you did.

2jdmadk.jpg

I still think they are missing one aspect of the old sales.  In the past, there would be sales you missed and later decided "OMG, I wanted that one!".  Then they'd have an encore day or two and you'd forget why you didn't buy it for one reason or another and impulse buy it.  As it is right now,  that doesn't exist and it's easier to remain level headed over the course of the sale and remain in the "no" category on many games.

I still think they are missing one aspect of the old sales. In the past, there would be sales you missed and later decided "OMG, I wanted that one!". Then they'd have an encore day or two and you'd forget why you didn't buy it for one reason or another and impulse buy it. As it is right now, that doesn't exist and it's easier to remain level headed over the course of the sale and remain in the "no" category on many games.
And to check it every eight hours and impulse things you were on the fence about in case they didn't get an encore.

Well I put back everything but Divine Divinity since it's $1 and I had to buy something.  Everything else feels like it will be in a Humble sooner than later and if not will be cheaper down the road.  Best sale ever.

Well I fell far short of my goal of purchasing every game on Steam, but I was able to pick up more than a few games that I will never get around to playing.

I'm looking to make one last purchase, so can anyone recommend a decent horror game? Preferably something that isn't on consoles and that came out within the last few years. I already have diarrhea so I figure if I'm going to shit my pants I might as well have a fun time doing it.
What do you look for in a horror game? Jump scares? Story? Weiler's mom?

Haul:

Strife

Lakeview Cabin Collection

Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Ys 1+2

Transistor

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (thanks Blade)

Dragon Age: Inquistion (Mexican Origin)

a lot of these were fairly far down on my wishlist and i bought just due to lack of other attractive options. I might scan my wishlist and make an impulsive decision or two, might even decide to waste some money and splurge on one of the titles i really want instead of waiting til winter. It'd be nice if Icewind Dale Enhanced would just hit five bucks already.

Well I put back everything but Divine Divinity since it's $1 and I had to buy something. Everything else feels like it will be in a Humble sooner than later and if not will be cheaper down the road. Best sale ever.
Div Div is well worth the $1. Surprisingly good mix of Diablo-esque combat with a good story/setting. It's sort of like a better version of Ultima 7.

Super interesting haul post!  Hardly any impulse purchases this time, so I ended up actually buying some stuff i've had on my wishlist for ages.  

Tropico 5 Complete

Anno 2070 Complete
Offworld Trading Company Deluxe
Rebel Galaxy
The Spatials
The Golf Club
Mystery P.I. bundle (I legitimately don't remember buying this one)
Assetto Corsa Dream Packs 2+3
Pinball Arcade Seasons 1+2+3 table packs
Cities: Skylines - Snowfall

Endless Legend DLC
Dungeon of the Endless DLC
Enemy Front DLC
those same trash 6 cent games everyone else bought
Rocket League DLC (thanks Foxy!)
Deadly Tower of Monsters + Space Warp + Big Titty Poker Battle (thanks Secret Spoony!)
Congo + Blood and Bacon (thanks SSP!)
assorted secret santa and other various gifts
You have spent approximately $167.12 USD in the store since the sale began.

My Updated Summer Sale 2016 Haul List:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals-bring-on-the-summer-sales/page-2466#entry13387547

MysterD's Steam Summer Sale 2016 Haul...so far:

Steam:

RPG Heroes Summer Bundle = 49 cents

Top-Down Action Bundle from New Reality Games = 8 cents

Incitement 3 (from Astronomic Games' "Complete A Bundle") = 9 cents

Controller Companion = $2

GreenManGaming:

Mystery Bundle 1-pack -> Steel Storm + ALL DLC = 20 cents

Miscellaneous stuff:

Shadow of Mordor - GOTY -> Steam version = $3.21.

"4GB" GeForce GTX 970 from someone (barely even used) = $100

SPECIAL NOTE: Special thanks to everybody in the Miscellaneous section who helped me out with killer deals!

bread's done
Back