Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I don't think this classes as a "haul" since I don't even need a spoiler tag ...

SONAR STEAM Edition - 2016

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - Alf's Escape

Bloodgate

Aarklash: Legacy

The rest of the Civ V DLC I didn't own

Best Steam Sale EVAH!

I interrupt the haul posts to note that Huniecam is 69% off on Humble today.

Well I may or may not be buying this....okay I will...

tumblr_mcq9xer0ne1r4t7nto1_400.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
my haul, all with gaben fun bux 

Young Justice: Legacy
ALLTYNEX Second
MechRunner
Watch_Dogs Standard
Kings of Kung Fu
HunieCam Studio
Razenroth
Invisible, Inc.
Six Sides of the World
Blood and Bacon
LEGO Jurassic World
AI: Rampage
Rabiez: Epidemic
Project Starship
State of Anarchy

A few things Id love to get on nuuvem but its seems I'm to murican!

happy 4th, go blow your hands off so you can never play anything in your backlog!

Compulsory Summer sale haul:

[customspoiler=Hooray!]
Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative
Controller Companion
Halo: Spartan Strike
Invisible, Inc. + Contingency Plan Bundle
Ninja Senki DX
Prison Run and Gun
Shapes of Gray
Shark Attack Deathmatch 2

[customspoiler="The Cheapness Fare"]

[the Sequence]
Airscape: The Fall of Gravity
Awe
bit Dungeon+
CELLAR
Elements II: Hearts of Light
Outrage
Paranormal Psychosis
Purgatory
Roll'd
Six Sides of the World
Insincere
[/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Spent a whopping $20.24

[customspoiler="{Random Steam Sale Comment Output Generator}"]

Man, this sale was terrible![/customspoiler]

I interrupt the haul posts to note that Huniecam is 69% off on Humble today.

Cheap thrills aside, it's really not that good.

My only lasting memory of HCS was pimping one of my cam girls out and not feeling remotely bad when she got AIDS.

There's just not much to it.

My only lasting memory of HCS was pimping one of my cam girls out and not feeling remotely bad when she got AIDS.

So you're saying we should play [customspoiler="Blade's F2P game"]
k0dapjf.jpg
[/customspoiler] instead and pimp out Beaverly the beaver's beaver?

Ys Origin
Ys Oath
Ys VI
Hunie Pop
FFVIII
FFXIII-LR
Rebel Galaxy
Golf With Friends
That 8c 4 game pack

Edit: Bacon ala blood, Shadow of Mordorer GOTY

[customspoiler=🙈🙉🙊]
  • Pinball Arcade Season 3 ✨
  • Ninja Senki DX ⭐
  • The Hurricane of the Varstray 🚀
  • Battle Fantasia ⚔
  • Castaway Paradise 🏝
  • Insaniquarium 🐟
  • Typer Shark 🦈
  • Freedom Force Freedom Pack 🦅
  • WWE 2K16 (Amazon) 🤼
  • Ghostbusters 👻
  • Tales of Symphonia 📜
  • Civ 5 Brave New World and Scrambled Egg packs 🗺
  • $2 of cheapo +1's 🤷
  • Downwell 💧
  • Kopanito All-Stars Soccer ⚽
[/customspoiler]

... wow.

Dark Souls II sucks. How can the sequel feel less polished, gameplay wise than the janky broken-ass original? Ugh.

Sure, it LOOKS pretty, but the game just doesn't feel right.

... wow.

Dark Souls II sucks. How can the sequel feel less polished, gameplay wise than the janky broken-ass original? Ugh.

I wont go that far, its still a solid game in a lot of respects, but after the first one its definitely an inferior sequel. I started DSIII over the weekend and its a superior experience in almost every way even early on. A flimsy comparison game wise would be the earlier Hitman games that went to the relative mess of Absolution and now the new Hitman game. They had to go back to make it right.

Die enough times and you're punished with a shorter health bar when you respawn... making it easier for you to die again.

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Boring wrestling gifs.

You know what's really badass? Kopanito All-Stars Soccer. It was a last second impulse purchase. And it comes with a built-in GIF creator.

KfZIkiQ.gif

Now that's badass.

I have to agree with FoxyPie on the new sales.  While they are no longer that great for collectors, it has encouraged me to get games I know that I will enjoy rather than take a risk on some indie title for .30 that might be good.  That being said, obligatory haul post time.

Axiom Verge

Shovel Knight

FInal Fantasy VIII

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 0

Brutal Legend

Castle of Illusion

Hunted The Demons Forge

Legacy of Kain 1, 2 and Defiance

Disgaea

Tales of Symphonia

I may add Doom to that since I've still got free money from Amazon, but I doubt it.  I've been playing more recently and think that I may finally start putting a hurt on my backlog.

... wow.

That's too bad you don't like it. It's a great game, and the DLC areas in particular have some of the best level design in the series.

Boring wrestling gifs.

You know what's really badass? Kopanito All-Stars Soccer. It was a last second impulse purchase. And it comes with a built-in GIF creator.

KfZIkiQ.gif

Now that's badass.
Damn it all to hell why didn't someone post this before the sale ended. Anyway, the real Summer Sale starts soon, RIGHT?

Haul:

Steam Store:

The Stalin Subway - $0.59
Cubot - $0.49
The Sheltered - $0.49
The Lost Battalion: All Out Warfare - $0.49
Streamline - $0.59
ALPAGES : THE FIVE BOOKS - $0.49
Flight of the Paladin - $0.49
RELIC ALONE - $0.49
Innoquous 5 - $0.49
[the Sequence] - $0.49
I Am Caligula - $0.49
Drusilla Dreams - $0.49
Roll'd - $0.49
BloodGate - $0.89
Awakening of Solutio - $0.49
Gal-X-E - $0.49
Gun Done - $0.49
12 Labours of Hercules V: Kids of Hellas - $0.49
Carmageddon TDR 2000 - $0.49
The Way We All Go - $1.49
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 - $5.99
Ground Control Collection - $3.05
Half-Life 1: Source - $0.90
Half-Life 2: Episode One - $0.72
Half-Life 2: Episode Two - $0.72
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - $3.37
Press X to Not Die - $0.44
Paranormal Psychosis - $0.15
Storm of Spears - $0.24
Press X to Not Die - Soundtrack - $0.37
Painkiller Hell and Damnation Collectors - $2.99
Q*bert: Rebooted - $0.74
The Room - $1.24
Alphadia Genesis - $1.49
Fair Strike - $0.59
Shapes of Gray - $0.69
The Great Escape - $0.83
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - $1.24
The Witcher Adventure Game - $1.49
Dinosaur Hunt - Stegosaurus Expansion Pack - $0.15
Dinosaur Hunt - Carnotaurus Expansion Pack - $0.15
Dinosaur Hunt - Dragon Hunter Expansion Pack - $0.15
Dinosaur Hunt - Gargoyle Hunter Expansion Pack - $0.15
Dinosaur Hunt - Giant Spiders Hunter Expansion Pack - $0.15
Dinosaur Hunt - Medieval Knights Hunter Expansion Pack - $0.15
Dinosaur Hunt - Guns Expansion Pack - $0.30
Dinosaur Hunt - Brontosaurus Expansion Pack - $0.15
Dinosaur Hunt - Wild West Guns Expansion Pack - $0.45
Dinosaur Hunt - WW2 War Expansion Pack - $0.30
Survival Zombies - $0.75
Word Wonders: The Tower of Babel - $0.49
Six Sides of the World - $0.49
Lego Jurassic World - $3.59
Android John - $0.99
The Witcher 2 - $2.99

Nuuvem:

MGSV Ground Zeroes - $1.26
Tales of Symphonia - $2.45

Used up some wallet funds on Steam. I'm open to other Jogosbros suggestions, as well as a compra de jogos para a bros a 10% de taxa extra. ¡Andale andale!

Well the drama gets more interesting for moments.

Update 8:00PM BST: Valve have unblocked CSGOLotto after a volunteer moderator mistakenly flagged it as malicious earlier today, while an attorney has stated that TmarTn and ProSyndicate's conduct was "definitely illegal". Furthermore, a separate YouTuber has admitted taking part in rigged CS:GO wagers in order to promote another skin gambling site.
http://www.pcgamesn.com/counter-strike-global-offensive/csgolotto-csgo-gambling-tmartn-prosyndicate

That's too bad you don't like it. It's a great game, and the DLC areas in particular have some of the best level design in the series.
I already uninstalled the game. It just doesn't feel right. You can tell the game was designed by an entirely different person than DS1 and 3. Think I'll just go back to 3 and try to beat the main game since I'm already at the last boss.

Edit:

It's worth mentioning that Amazon pricematched some of the Steam sale prices, and they still appear to be active there, so if you missed something, you might want to check out their store.

My haul, ribbed organized for your pleasure.

Cheap complete-your-collection bundles:
Pug Life Bundle (Turbo Pug, Super Space Pug, Super Mega Neo Pug)
Back To Basics Mixer Bundle (Terra Incognita ~ Chapter One: The Descendant, New kind of adventure, Stellar 2D, Tinboy, Eaten Alive, Clergy Splode, Ampersand, Calcu-Late)
Fun with Physics Bundle (gravilon, Fragile Ball, Rolling Ball, Gun Rocket)
God Bundle (DETOUR, God Game : The Odyssey, Battle Ranch)
Waveform Bundle (Waveform, Waveform: Eris, Waveform Soundtrack)
SHMUPers Bundle (Revolution Ace, PARTICLE MACE, Saviors)
JRPG Happiness Love Bundle (Labyronia, Labyronia RPG 2, The Chosen RPG, Sins Of The Demon, Legend of Mysteria, Storm of Spears)
Puzzle Bundle (Morphopolis, Tiny Bridge: Ratventure)
Space Bundle (Intergalactic Bubbles)
Developer Alliance Pack 2 (Airscape: The Fall of Gravity)
Infernal Dream Collection (The Lost Souls, My Bones)
Top-Down Action Bundle by New Reality Games (Broken Dreams)
Platformer Bundle by New Reality Games (AI: Rampage, Rabiez: Epidemic)
Lilly and Sasha Bundle (Lilly and Sasha: Nexus of Souls)
Space Pilgrim Saga (Space Pilgrim Episode I: Alpha Centauri, Space Pilgrim Episode II: Epsilon Indi, Space Pilgrim Episode III: Delta Pavonis, Space Pilgrim Episode IV: Sol)
Back to Basics Mixer Bundle 2 (Freebie)
RPG Heroes Summer Bundle (Data Hacker: Reboot, Data Hacker: Corruption, Purgatory, Elements II: Hearts of Light, Insincere, City of Chains, Outrage)
Astronomic Games (Incitement 3)
Heroes of the Multiverse bundle (Initiation Soundtrack, Corruption Soundtrack, Reboot Soundtrack, Reboot Game Guides and Art Book)
Elements 'Souls & Hearts' Bundle (Elements Soundtrack)
The Big One Bundle (Polarity, Spaceport Hope)
Platformer Bundle (Camera Obscura)

Notable bundle discounts:
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete (Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World)
Half-Life Complete Bundle (Team Fortress Classic, Opposing Force, Half-Life 1, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 1: Source)

Random DLC:

The rest:

Good deals I skipped since they're usually discounted or due for a HB:

How it feels to finally spend a nice chunk of my Steam wallet:
YHmBif5.png

A fine haul for me overall, I suppose. Early in the sale I bought all those cheap bundles and probably made my money back from selling the cards. Also added ~150 items to my wishlist from seeing what other people bought or just browsing higher discounts on steamdb. Putting anything I might remotely be interested in on the wishlist for future reference makes it easier to navigate the big sales or decide on bundles.

+1 to this. I enjoy management games, but this one was just dull. A few hours, maybe two playthroughs is all you're going to get.

Then again, $2ish is probably acceptable.

Now that's badass.
What Dick said. Damnit.

In other news, I lastsecond'd the Just Cause 3 expansion pass. Only 25% off, but i've gotten enough enjoyment out of JC3 so far to warrant tossing a few bucks at Avalanche in exchange for nabbing the base game for cheap.

Haul Post because everyone else does it (and yes I'd jump off a bridge): 

Saints Row IV (base, not all the DLC because I realized like hell I'll ever play the DLCs)

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (said fuck it and finally bought the damn game)

Blackwell Epiphany (can finally finish the series)

Technobabylon (wanted to play it since it came out)

Danganronpa 

HuniePop (best match 3 I've played in awhile and the insults are great)

Invisible Inc. + Contingency Plan 

Blueprint Tycoon (supposed to be even more efficiency driven then Factorio and like 1.70 so hell yeah) 

The Spatials

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (another "fuck it and finally bought it")

The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief (Have to find someone to give the bundle copy to when it shows up bundled)

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die (another been on my wishlist forever, price was where I wanted though)

Detective Hunt-Crownston City PD (detective game, looked fun)

Hacknet (third of my wanted for awhile games)

One I forget to pick up/look at was (or forgot I looked at) was The Detail Season One. Hopefully ends up bundled so I can feel like I was smart, for once =p. Oh a couple of those were on Amazon but not like anyone cares and besides, it was just the same prices as Steam. Only difference was using bing reward points and CC points rather then Steam card money so meh. 

+1 to this. I enjoy management games, but this one was just dull. A few hours, maybe two playthroughs is all you're going to get.

Then again, $2ish is probably acceptable.

What Dick said. Damnit.

In other news, I lastsecond'd the Just Cause 3 expansion pass. Only 25% off, but i've gotten enough enjoyment out of JC3 so far to warrant tossing a few bucks at Avalanche in exchange for nabbing the base game for cheap.
On top of that, the soccer game is getting online MP soon. Flowette - a dick of royal proportions. #Brexit

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (said fuck it and finally bought the damn game)
Good haul overhaul, but its about time on this ;) in all seriousness its my favorite open world/GTA style game not called GTA that Ive ever played (well outside of Rockstar anyway, b/c Red Dead). On PC its second only to GTA V in terms of quality as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely loved Sleeping Dogs. It relies much more on hand to hand combat than guns until the later game which is a great way to balance it. The story is engrossing with some twists that will do your head in. Oh and fuck Tiffany.

I'm so disappointed by this years summer sale. I purchased a total of 2 games for $2.99 each last night just because it felt weird to not buy something during the sale... I remember years ago before they changed the format how much better the deals were and how exciting it was to check everyday to see what went on sale from your wishlist. Now it's 50% off on almost everything decent if you are lucky with very few exceptions. I hope their sales numbers reflect these poor deals and they change back to their previous format.

Good haul overhaul, but its about time on this ;) in all seriousness its my favorite open world/GTA style game not called GTA that Ive ever played (well outside of Rockstar anyway, b/c Red Dead). On PC its second only to GTA V in terms of quality as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely loved Sleeping Dogs. It relies much more on hand to hand combat than guns until the later game which is a great way to balance it. The story is engrossing with some twists that will do your head in. Oh and fuck Tiffany.
Is the definitive version worth rebuying? I know people say it's actually worse graphically in some places and I already have all the story DLC. It is a game I would buy and play again. I need to go get the rest of the DLC achievements. I already got all the main game ones when I played it years ago.

Is the definitive version worth rebuying? I know people say it's actually worse graphically in some places and I already have all the story DLC. It is a game I would buy and play again. I need to go get the rest of the DLC achievements. I already got all the main game ones when I played it years ago.
I don't know myself. I got the definitive in trade right around launch of definitive as it was pre-order and the Russians could still work their magic. I haven't re-played it, but its definitely one I will at some point. I haven't yet played a few of the DLC. The only ones I have are the tournament and Nightmare at North Point. Its actually the last AAA game I pirated, I pirated it when it first released as I was yet to decide about moving to PC full time as I was still regularly console gaming and then I rbought it at my first Steam sale where the original version was 75% off (the good ole Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, and Tomb Raider triad) and then played it again legitimately.

... wow.

it's definitely worse than ds1, but by no means would i say it sucks. it lacks creativity and world cohesion but the gameplay itself i thought was fine.

Die enough times and you're punished with a shorter health bar when you respawn... making it easier for you to die again.

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
there are like three mechanics to ameliorate that...the human effegies restore your health/make you human, you can repair rings of life protection so as long as you're okay with using one of your rings for that you won't ever lose your souls or your health, and if you die enough times the enemies disappear anyway

I wouldn't mind them bringing back dailies or at least some sort of community vote type feature (even though the community vote was mostly crap). Made it interesting to check back and be disappointed each day rather then barely remembering to go through your queue to get .18 cents. I know refunds are the issue, but can't they just automate it (more) or something? 

At the very least with a community vote they can just pick some obscure games or such and it'd only be one on sale a day (oh yeah, if they bring it back I think a daily vote is fine) so can't be that many refunds *shrugs*. At least gives people something to check, and something to bitch about instead of the sale (like that one time the community idiots voted an early access game that was going to be F2P to be the community choice, morons). 

On top of that, the soccer game is getting online MP soon. Flowette - a dick of royal proportions. #Brexit
Forget footsoccerball I want a Political Machine UK. That's where the drama is at.

Of course it would pretty much be an I Quit Simulator. Half their government has resigned lately it seems. Meanwhile farty old Bernie is staying in the US presidential race until he's 104.

I hope their sales numbers reflect these poor deals and they change back to their previous format.
I probably should apologize for all the poor deals I bought then...

Also forgot to add the $100 worth of Sims 4 crap I bought during the Origin sale to my haulpost. Already dumped 67 hours into that...absolutely as addictive as the previous games.

FoxyTip:

If you are migrating from a +1er to a Fakeybro, one fun thing to do is keep an empty wishlist.  That's what I do.  And then at the beginning of each sale I go through the tags for games I tend to like and add stuff on there to keep track of what I am interested.  Dump it once I finish my purchases.  Makes things feel more fun and new.  

I got it via trading a game from the Steam Store, and I think it is worth it. The graphics are a bit nicer than the original and it has enhanced fog effects and higher npc density throughout the world. Physics on objects have also been enhanced. There were some texture quality issues when it first came out, but a patch soon after release addressed that. I played and finished the original way back and I am having a fun time going through the definitive edition. I did have some of the story DLC for the original game, but at effectively $5.50 CAD, it was worth the upgrade. One thing to keep in mind is that it is more demanding than the original release.

bread's done
Back