Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Finished-up Battlefield: Hardline's Single-player campaign today, after around some 13 hours or so with it. MysterD really liked the campaign itself, with its mixture of arresting enemies in stealth-style and lots of good shootouts in big open areas. Certainly better than most of the Battlefield campaigns, even though it really is not a Battlefield type of game in many ways.

My few complaints are minor: the game sometimes does not distribute enough auto-saves (especially in huge major open-areas with lots of enemies, which means if you die you'll have to replay a huge section - which happens quite a bit more later on in the game & makes the numbers of hours you play feel more like padding) + especially with the ending leaving us pretty much hanging with one of those typical "Open-Ended" type of endings that could go either way. 

Regardless, pretty good campaign on a fantastic engine that has great performance with 1080p60FPS at Ultra settings (maxed-out!) on my rig (i7 950; 16 GB DDR3 RAM; "4GB" GTX 970).

Last edited by a moderator:
Die enough times and you're punished with a shorter health bar when you respawn... making it easier for you to die again.

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
It's hard core, man. For those who had enough of today's dumbed down, consolitis pansy games and need the hardest of cores gaming has to offer. You'll die over and over but the euphoric rush you feel when you finally kill the Goblin Custodial Services Supervisor after sixty-five hours away from your family and loved ones will be like nothing you ever experienced. You'll finally understand what it means to be a True Gamer.

Foxydeal:

Hypercloud X II Headset for $60ish from third party seller on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-PS4/dp/B00SAYCVTQ/

Supposed to be really comfortable/good headset.
This is what I have for a gaming headset - Turtle Beach PX22:

box.jpg

I have a shitty Sennheiser single ear headset I bought on sale from Best Buy for about $15 and had a $5 credit.

Any headsets I can pick up with Gabenbux during Winter sale?

Edit: Why the hell do you need a headset with a mic anyway when you refuse to bro with bros?

I have a shitty Sennheiser single ear headset I bought on sale from Best Buy for about $15 and had a $5 credit.

Any headsets I can pick up with Gabenbux during Winter sale?

Edit: Why the hell do you need a headset with a mic anyway when you refuse to bro with bros?
Even though I have not bro'd with the bro's, I still sometimes do play MP games (i.e such as when I was in the Doom 2016 MP Beta) where I do use the mic.

Haul of Shame:

• 12 Labours of Hercules V: Kids of Hellas (Platinum Edition)
  • Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative
  • BloodGate
  • Costume Quest 1 & 2 Bundle
  • Crypt of the NecroDancer
  • Freebie
  • Marvel Heroes 2016 - Marvel's Captain America: Civil War Starter Pack
  • New Reality Studio Pack
  • ORION
  • Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - Alf's Escape DLC
  • Pinball Arcade: Season Three Pack
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack
  • Zombie Army Trilogy (from 4-pack)

Mostly cheap crap with cards as most of the stuff I actually want on my wishlist was a bit too pricey.  I'm hopeful Invisible Inc. will be in the next monthly after all of the sacrifices on my activity feed! :D/ (You are all welcome for my Necrodancer sacrifice!)

In other news I finally beat The Witcher 3 and both expansions so I am finally free to dive back into the backlog. It was a great game but I've played it off and on since release so I'm ready to move on.

I use a Logitech G930... Bought it on sale for about $50
I've seen those on sale too. Recently for $60. Your pimp talk is crystal clear during bro nights. If I do ever "upgrade" it might be for wireless, but I can't be bothered with charging batteries and changing them out or even keeping my headset charged if it has a cheap battery set. I'm more likely to buy some cheap chinese headset with lights from Amazon.

I've seen those on sale too. Recently for $60. Your pimp talk is crystal clear during bro nights. If I do ever "upgrade" it might be for wireless, but I can't be bothered with charging batteries and changing them out or even keeping my headset charged if it has a cheap battery set. I'm more likely to buy some cheap chinese headset with lights from Amazon.
you can plug it in and use it too...i have the same headset

although i am looking at the g933

Lol...

Heaset:

PS Golds

Astro A40's + Mixamp Pro

Audio Technica M50x

Sennheiser 598's

Mic:

AT2020

I mainly use the Sennheiser + Mixamp + At2020 (tho 90% of the time now I just use z506 speakers/sub since I dont like wearing a headset)

Headset + Mic is not something I go cheap on 

So for my final haul, it is unchanged from my last post. I kept my Steam activity feed nice and empty. Unfortunately, I missed out on that Shadow of Mordor glitch but I have enough open world games as it is. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A0VQOCQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just ordered these a few days ago. Will post impressions. My only comparison is my PS4 Gold headset, which I don't really care for. The mic barely pics up my voice so I have to talk really loud to be heard, which is exhausting. Talking loud just sucks the life right out of me.
Must be exhausting for everyone in the house too. lol

I'm actually looking at some Sades. These ones:

https://www.amazon.com/Sades-SA913-Headphones-Microphone-White/dp/B0176NYW70/

I like trying out cheap gaming peripherals so I can later respond to people who say "get these super expensive things" and then say I've been using this thing from Amazon for a fraction of the cost and I they probably work just as well.

Disappointing, I usually don't buy from Steam but they were the only ones that has Battleblocks and it was $3 this year and $1.50 last :( Now Humble is having Octodad for more than they've sold it in the past, what the heck!

Gog is the only hauling I did this summer, that had things at a price I wanted at least.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A0VQOCQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just ordered these a few days ago. Will post impressions. My only comparison is my PS4 Gold headset, which I don't really care for. The mic barely pics up my voice so I have to talk really loud to be heard, which is exhausting. Talking loud just sucks the life right out of me.
I agree. Which sucks because the comfort and the sound quality of the PS Gold headsets are great. But the mic is too far away from your mouth and doesn't pick up your voice.

However, the PS Gold is still a really good headset if you're using it for something like gaming after you wife goes to sleep. Just not for voice.

Foxydeal:

Hypercloud X II Headset for $60ish from third party seller on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-PS4/dp/B00SAYCVTQ/

Supposed to be really comfortable/good headset.
I just picked up a HyperX Cloud II a week or two ago. I paid $75 for it, so $60 is an even better deal. They're sooooooo comfortable.

Although, if crystal clear voice transmission is a concern, then Pengy99 is right in that a separate headphone and separate mic is the best.

EDIT: looks like the $60 price is gone now...

I'm about to buy a Chromecast. Already have 2 Rokus. Halp!
What does Chromecast do that Roku doesn't? (Have a Roku 3, which I dearly love.)

My haul. I did end up buying a 50 dollar steam card at a discount to make some of it a bit cheaper... (I'm looking at you GTAV.)

Controller Companion
12 is Better Than 6
Hard West Collector's Edition
Invisible, Inc. + Contingency Plan Bundle
Rocket League® - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Car Pack
Hard West: Scars of Freedom DLC
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation DLC Bundle
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation
Grand Theft Auto V

Non Steam
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain + Ground Zero

Luckily for me as I would have spent more if Indiegala sale hadn't ended before steams. (I would have gotten Ryse plus scratch off.)

Pretty sure that was it...

I prefer not to listen to people at all while I play my games. Or talk to them either.

#AntisocialFTW
Congratulations! You posted word for word something I would have posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20B4Dvk_9cY

Last edited:
I figure I might as well be a dingus and post what I bought during the Steam pre-Summer Sale Sale to hold me over until the real sale starts because I'm sure it must be starting any day now RIGHT?

Penumbra Collectors Pack
Lakeview Cabin Collection
Wick
Enemy Front
Blops 3 MP Starter Pack Upgrade (from Humble Monthly MP early unlock)
Risen 3
Shark Attack Deathmatch
Bit.Trip.Runner 2
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate
Grand Theft Auto V
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Standard Edition (completed the bundle with Just Cause 3).

Some of these were panic purchases since I thought I'd play a lot of GTAV and RotTR while my family was out of town last weekend but of course I mostly just played Civ V like I always do.

I figure I might as well be a dingus and post what I bought during the Steam pre-Summer Sale Sale to hold me over until the real sale starts because I'm sure it must be starting any day now RIGHT?
Real sale is HunieCam on Humble at 69% off and donating 10% to a charity for former sex workers.

OH GOD I TAKE IT BACK I TAKE IT ALL BACK. Does Dragon Age Inquisition's combat suffer from trying to simultaneously be an action and strategic rpg? Yes. Do some of the different zones seem to lack any standout, unique landmarks? Yes. Are the vast majority of activities so lifeless and repetitive that I sometimes think I'm playing an Ubisoft game? Yes. Does the game feel like Bioware started thinking about making an MMO then like half way through they were like "nah?" Yes.  Do I care? No. It took awhile but I'm incredibly addicted to the game now. Played all day long didn't bat an eye. It still has some pretty real flaws but it was definitely worth the 13 dollars it cost. Now if Bioware could just make it a full on open world, ditch the collectathon stuff and increase quests that either have a storyline or at least have you go dungeon dwelling, and implement the combat from Dragon Age Origins, for Dragon Age 4 it'd probably wind up one of my favorite games. 

Well, for me other game is listed, so go for it.

https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/promotion/434

EU link

I bought it during winter sale, so you can thank me for sacrifices hehe.

I can't get Freedom Force to show in cart at all unless I add it. If I add Freedom Force + another game I get charged for Freedom Force =/ 

bread's done
Back